English Premier League.

maroonlegions

I have went right off watching the EPL lasted 25 minutes watching the Liverpool game last night. It's just boring now fed up with it completely.  

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Anyone saying Klopp should get his jotters after him winning the champions league and league title need a reality check. The EPL will most likely see Man City/Liverpool/Chelsea and possibly Man U share titles over the next decade. The amount of Money down there make the league incredibly competitive with middle of the road teams now able to take points off the big guns due to being able to sign top players. The difference will be who ever can be the most consistent. Liverpool last year, City this year. No team will dominate for a while IMO

The difference in football to now and when i was a laddie.

Between 1967-72, Liverpool did not win a trophy. Their manager at the time was a certain Bill Shankly.

If anyone of a Liverpool persuasion had suggested back then that he should be sacked. They would have been run out of the city by fellow Liverpool supporters.

Anyone today suggesting Klopp should be sacked, should also be run out of the city.

The Old Tolbooth

It's pretty much a one horse race now already and it's City's title to lose, no one is coming close this season. Liverpool are 23 points worse off at the same stage as last season, City are only 3 points better off, so it's not like City have improved much at all, but they'll not be caught now for sure as no one else is good enough this season. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool beat City on Sunday though, they haven't won at Anfield for nearly 20 years and it seems to be a bogey venue for them, although the 21/20 about City looks tempting! 

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Ditto Chelsea. Both sides have dropped right off form. 

Could be a stinker tonight.  Tuchel is tightening things up at Chelsea and you could see a pragmatic approach. As for Spurs, Jose is hardly the “come out all guns blazing” type after a poor performance.

He’ll more than likely set Spurs up cagily. That would suit Chelsea and they could end up picking Spurs off and dish put a calculated pumping. 

I could be wrong obviously, but Spurs are notorious for these dips in form and it can be alarming how far they seem to drop off the pace during them.  

16 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Could be a stinker tonight.  Tuchel is tightening things up at Chelsea and you could see a pragmatic approach. As for Spurs, Jose is hardly the “come out all guns blazing” type after a poor performance.

He’ll more than likely set Spurs up cagily. That would suit Chelsea and they could end up picking Spurs off and dish put a calculated pumping. 

I could be wrong obviously, but Spurs are notorious for these dips in form and it can be alarming how far they seem to drop off the pace during them.  

There’s no middle ground with Mourinho. He’ll either send out a super cautious team to try and prove his critics wrong or he’ll end out a very attacking team to prove how adaptable he is. What you can guarantee though is a totally different defence every match. 

I just switched channels on the telly and the highlights of the Villa-West Ham game. I wasn’t sure which team was wearing their claret and blue until I spotted a 7 in the strip who was running like a chimp escaping from the circus. McGinn has his uses. 

Pretty much what I expected so far. Not exactly a spectacle for the neutral. 
Also I really don’t like Rhys James. He’s one of those players that always looks like he’s not too far from a really bad challenge on someone. 

How many stupid penalties have been conceded this season.

In this case of course playing midfielder in central defence.

Game needed a goal. 

Just now, John Findlay said:

Not convinced that was a penalty.

Thought Werner threw himself to the ground.

The rule change that intent doesn't matter.

We're seeing these penalties where forward gets caught despite it being a coming together. 

Mourinho out!! He sets the team out to defend which is against the instincts of most of the players apart from Hjobjerg and you can see that, it’s not what they do. Football has moved on and he’s not and is too stubborn to believe he could possibly be wrong. He’s lucky there aren’t any crowds as he’d be getting in the neck every game. Arsehole. 

Spurs are playing like Levein has trained them all week. 

No movement, no forward passes and everybody looks like they are on Mogadon.

Edited by schillaci

5 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

Mourhino is finished they need to bin him

Correct. People saying it’s down to Kane being out are way off the mark. Under Poch Kane was out for long spells and the goals kept coming. FFS he picks Bergwijn ahead of Moura as he’s better at defending. When a manager picks forwards for their defensive qualities it’s all over. Two wins from the last ten matches, most of which included Kane. Mourinho has lost the team I’d say and he’s definitely lost the supporters, he’s probably still there as it would cost millions to get rid of him. 

14 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Correct. People saying it’s down to Kane being out are way off the mark. Under Poch Kane was out for long spells and the goals kept coming. FFS he picks Bergwijn ahead of Moura as he’s better at defending. When a manager picks forwards for their defensive qualities it’s all over. Two wins from the last ten matches, most of which included Kane. Mourinho has lost the team I’d say and he’s definitely lost the supporters, he’s probably still there as it would cost millions to get rid of him. 

hasnt he i the last few games flip flopped between a back 3 and back 4 along with never playing a consistent back line? no wonder they struggle at the back when there are constant changes

4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

hasnt he i the last few games flip flopped between a back 3 and back 4 along with never playing a consistent back line? no wonder they struggle at the back when there are constant changes

3 at the back with Davies in it, despite having about 5 proper centre half’s. Sissoko  at right wing back with Doherty, Aurier, and Tanganga fit and ready. Different centre half pairings every game in a back 4. Different forward line ups every game, and several games with the best performers being the guys that come off the bench. Basically suppressing players natural instincts to shoehorn them into a formation. And Hearts fans more than most know that doesn’t work. 

9 hours ago, Tazio said:

I watched bits and bobs of the game last night. I think that was enough. 

How a team can lose its way (Spurs)so easily must be alarming to the board?

Generally as a sport, this playing from the 6 yard box is becoming so agonising to watch, so bland too, as teams concede possession and put themselves under pressure.

You watch Spurs ,who’d have 5 or 6 players in their own half trying to work the ball out,  lose it at the half way line time and again as they are squeezed and lack bodies. If it’s not happening, why not push everyone up and go more direct?

I only watch games out of devotion most of the time now. Football is becoming bland.  

Edited by Debut 4

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Mike Dean. F'n ****. Never a f'n sending off.

He must have looked at it 20 times........and still got it wrong.

VAR has still got issues, due to the clowns reviewing the decisions & we think (sorry know) we have poor referees in Scotland

Maroon Sailor

Even after seeing it on the monitor Dean decides to show the red card. Making a mockery of the game with these decisions.

Mitro didn't cover himself in glory but that is the modern players first instinct to go down like that. He did try to stop Dean from going to the monitor probably through embarrassment

**** me.  If that was a red, then the boy who elbowed Halliday last night should be done for attempted murder.  The game’s a bogey. 

Mason Greenwood really is a greedy wee shite. He’s so obsessed with shooting he never looks up for team mates. A quick 5 yard run, 23 stepovers and a weak shot is the norm, with the occasional one that goes in and we get told what a talent he is.  

Just now, 151 said:

Bring on a 3rd centre back with 2 mins of added time left to waste time, then concede from a set piece with 20 seconds to go :rofl:

Pretty stupid sub to make.  Surely if you want to keep the ball down at their corner flag, it’s better to put a winger/attacker on rather than another CH?

18 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

De gea should have been kicking for touch with the free kick at the end!

instead puts it straight down the middle to Everton 

Plus he shat himself at the goal.

38 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

City just won the league tonight. Game over. 

been won for a few weeks in my view. avoid defeat tomorrow and they're gonna win it in a canter by about 12/15 points

5 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

been won for a few weeks in my view. avoid defeat tomorrow and they're gonna win it in a canter by about 12/15 points

Yep Utd have never been contenders and Liverpool are lacking at the back