• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tottenham have criticised three of their players for attending a party over the Christmas period.

A picture circulating on social media shows Erik Lamela, Sergio Reguilon and Giovani lo Celso together at a party along with West Ham's Manuel Lanzini.

A spokesperson for Tottenham said: "We are extremely disappointed and strongly condemn this image showing some of our players with family and friends together at Christmas particularly as we know the sacrifices everybody around the country made to stay safe over the festive period.

"The rules are clear, there are no exceptions, and we regularly remind all our players and staff about the latest protocols and their responsibilities to adhere and set an example. The matter will be dealt with internally."

4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

A genuine talent who can beat defenders and cause havoc amongst opposition defenders. 

Lovely legs as well 😁

And one of the biggest divers which is a real pity given his talent

12 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

2-0 Spurs and Son scores

And bizarrely against this Leeds team Spurs probably need a third. I never thought I’d see a Leeds team I enjoy watching. Bielsa allows players to do things off the cuff when they have the ball and it’s good to watch. I know Karen Carney got abuse on social media for her comments but I agree that it will be interesting to see how they deal with fatigue as the season goes on. He’s got a pretty much fixed first eleven playing at great intensity attacking instantly as soon as they have possession. 

And there’s the third goal. Just hope Jose doesn’t tell them to shut up shop as goal difference is going to be a big thing in the EPL this season.  

2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

And one of the biggest divers which is a real pity given his talent

He also gets fouled a lot. 

There is a lot wrong with modern day football...Grealish ain’t it. 

59 minutes ago, Tazio said:

And there’s the third goal. Just hope Jose doesn’t tell them to shut up shop as goal difference is going to be a big thing in the EPL this season.  

Well if you were going to challenge for the league it might but given it's Spurs its hardly going to matter

26 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Well if you were going to challenge for the league it might but given it's Spurs its hardly going to matter

Small matter of CL places and the money that comes with it. 

alwaysthereinspirit
3 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Tottenham have criticised three of their players for attending a party over the Christmas period.

A picture circulating on social media shows Erik Lamela, Sergio Reguilon and Giovani lo Celso together at a party along with West Ham's Manuel Lanzini.

A spokesperson for Tottenham said: "We are extremely disappointed and strongly condemn this image showing some of our players with family and friends together at Christmas particularly as we know the sacrifices everybody around the country made to stay safe over the festive period.

"The rules are clear, there are no exceptions, and we regularly remind all our players and staff about the latest protocols and their responsibilities to adhere and set an example. The matter will be dealt with internally."

Erik Lamela? Why am I not surprised.😜

alwaysthereinspirit

Hearts just got a mention during the Palace V Sheffield game.

16 year old just subbed on who played against us in the Summer. 

28 minutes ago, Tazio said:

This could end up a very embarrassing afternoon for Chelsea. 3-0 after 35 minutes.  

Imagine if Man City were at full strength. Six first-team players out for Covid reasons.

The problem for Frank Lampard comes if you look more closely at their results.

Against the better sides that is the top 10 to 12 clubs, their record is very poor.

Heading for finishing 8-12th in league on form.

John Findlay
14 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Not directly EPL related, but someone who has had an enormous influence on Liverpool fans.

Gerry Marsden has died. 

He will never walk alone.

14 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Not directly EPL related, but someone who has had an enormous influence on Liverpool fans.

Gerry Marsden has died. 

He never could have imagined the effect a cover version of a song from a stage musical from the 40’s would have when he recorded it. 

Pasquale for King

It was bad enough that the greed and ego of Allardyce brought him back into the game, he then wants it locked down because he feels unsafe. 
 Now he’s moaning about the new restrictions on foreign players , he had lined up three players and someone pointed out to him you can’t sign them . No bungs I’m afraid. Big Brexit voter too 😱🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈😆😂🤣

Should be a good match tonight with Southampton v Liverpool tonight.   Both teams missing their key center half's.    Liverpool more so. I think Henderson is playing center back. 

Anyways, I am expecting plenty defensive mistakes.    Possibly a 4-3  match or a shutout 0-0 ☺ 

Edited by HMFC01

Fraser Forster starting for Southampton ☺   first game at St Mary's for over three years. 

Edited by HMFC01

Samuel Camazzola

I've no doubt Jordan Henderson possesses all the leadership qualities needed in a captain but on footballing ability, he's like third rate Michael Carrick. 

🤣 Martin Tyler - been saying to my cousin throughout the game that he was fooling noone as this wasn't about it being a great result for Southampton, but a great one for Man Utd...and there it is right at the end  🤣

Southampton manager fell to his knees and got emotional there.  Delighted for him.   They have played well this season. 

Carragher spouting pish again.    He will get it tight from Neville no doubt ☺ 

Something not right with Liverpool. They wrapped up that title so easily last season then dropped off...and it's like they're struggling to get back that intensity this season. Seem a bit knackered to me. 

Van Dijk is a big miss for them in games like that.   He can score on a corner or free kick.   Something that also gives them a lift when they struggle.   Credit to them thus far having to adapt without him.   I think they have coped sufficiently well but it was one injury to far for them. 

Still though it was said by carragher they struggled to make a real effort on goal.   Which is a fair comment.   

From the BBC

I would say this would be 100% bigger than Marine beating Spurs. The lowest shirt number is number 37, that is the starting point. There is a 17-year-old in the Villa line up and four under 18 players in the team.

The average age is about 18. They have printed a load of new shirts because they got 70-76 in the squad. What a moment for them.

This is largely the side that has played in the EFL Trophy and got beat 8-1 against Sunderland. It is a proper David versus Goliath.

Klopp doing the right thing. Playing games. Especially after the whole week was geared to this game. 

But it was a chance to rest. Maybe even some warm weather training. 

Must have rethought his approach. But it is consistent. He played mainly his top players in 2 Champions League games after they qualified including the last game after they had won group. 

He just talks shite. 

He got stick from the media last few years for dropping star players.  

I think it's funny he's picked a strong team.   He makes the decisions, not the media or anyone else. 

At the same time, I think he's not happy with some of his players.   It's the kind of decision that says, I want better from the players. 

Edited by HMFC01

The type of match that illustrates attitude has a massive impact on a result

Liverpool score early and have kept it to second gear since......Villa hung in there and created a chance which they took and well done to them

Fans look to the better team to put the kids to the sword and perhaps they will but the first half reflects badly on their attitude and after the West Brom game you'd like to think lessons were learnt on that front.

No doubt Klopp will have had words.....the right ones ?