English Premier League.

maroonlegions

Looking forward to tonight's match

Already though you can see where Liverpool need to improve....lost 16 goals so far in 8 matches.....yep we all know about the injuries but that is poor and one of the worst in the league

They may have to buy in January but for the next 2 months it is about doing the best with what they have and that still means some good players in those positions

The midfield has also taken a hit this season with many injuries.

They will score goals though and are lucky enough or have planned well enough to have 4 good players in the 3 forward positions and all are top class

Got to say Spurs doing well and Chelsea getting it together....Spurs need Kane to stay fit as well as Son otherwise title challenge will go missing.

Pep just seems to be stuck in last seasons rut but they badly need a new striker and lets face it they have the money....look out for that in January or if not certainly the Summer of 2021.  They have a good squad though and it won't need much for them to get on a roll....but Aguaro needs to be fit or that new striker purchased.

Leicester again  playing and doing well in a season where many clubs are in transition makes you wonder once more..they have also coped well with injuries so far but no Vardy no title challenge..can he stay fit ? and he is now of an age where injuries take just a little bit more getting over

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Looking forward to tonight's match

Already though you can see where Liverpool need to improve....lost 16 goals so far in 8 matches.....yep we all know about the injuries but that is poor and one of the worst in the league

They may have to buy in January but for the next 2 months it is about doing the best with what they have and that still means some good players in those positions

The midfield has also taken a hit this season with many injuries.

They will score goals though and are lucky enough or have planned well enough to have 4 good players in the 3 forward positions and all are top class

Got to say Spurs doing well and Chelsea getting it together....Spurs need Kane to stay fit as well as Son otherwise title challenge will go missing.

Pep just seems to be stuck in last seasons rut but they badly need a new striker and lets face it they have the money....look out for that in January or if not certainly the Summer of 2021.  They have a good squad though and it won't need much for them to get on a roll....but Aguaro needs to be fit or that new striker purchased.

Leicester again  playing and doing well in a season where many clubs are in transition makes you wonder once more..they have also coped well with injuries so far but no Vardy no title challenge..can he stay fit ? and he is now of an age where injuries take just a little bit more getting over

You do realise it’s a 7.15 kick off and not 7.45? 

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

You do realise it’s a 7.15 kick off and not 7.45? 

Yes but with posts of such quality it takes time to create them ...just made it !!!!

20 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's amazing that teams  like leeds, shef utd, Villa etc seem to come up and close the gap to other clubs very quickly. How can a team like Arsenal be in s similar situation league wise to these teams .

Arsenal UCL and Europa every season for 20 plus years , fa cup wins in recent years then  a club like Shef Utd/ leeds come up after years out of the top flight and match them not only on the day but in Utd's case league wise as well.

Arsenal fans must be concerned.

My observation is that Wolves and Leicester particularly caused Leeds no end of problems. 

Now Leeds have been working to get tighter defensively etc. But Arsenal didn't cause them much bother today.

And Leeds play a very hard running game. Exhausting football. But today they seemed comfortable. Hardly broke sweat. 

Half time result pretty fair and Liverpool deserve their lead

Leicester still dangerous from time to time but Liverpool more so and hard to see Leicester stopping them but as they say the next goal either kills it or makes it very interesting

Liverpool exactly as thought...keep on front foot and things will be fine . Get pushed back and the problems will arise but any team will need to defend well to stop them for 90 minutes

Jota has surprised and delighted me since signing...he has given them the option they needed up front in conjunction with the more established front 3.

55 minutes gone and it should be 3-0 Liverpool

Another injury though and Keita leaves the field....Thank goodness for play anywhere and play well James Milner

5 minutes ago, kila said:

Quite incredible how that ball didn't cross the line in the end. Off the post twice, cleared off the line, a good save.

3 seconds of madness and how it did not go in is beyond me

The replay of the clearance off the line is incredible. Talking millimetres of the ball not going over the line.

3-0 Firmino and this confirms the longest unbeaten home league record in the clubs history..64 matches

(Jose's Chelsea hold the overall record it seems)

21 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

3 seconds of madness and how it did not go in is beyond me

The replay of the clearance off the line is incredible. Talking millimetres of the ball not going over the line.

No Zaha for Palace.   They had batshui(lazy spelling) or benteke off the bench.   So they opted for benteke ☺    fair play to Newcastle stealing two goals at the end.  Clearly they had better quality in Wilson and joelinton. 

I backed a 1-1 draw obviously.  Back to my worst.   Had my first bets in 9 months and it went to shit 😁 

Backed Brentford to win 2-0 as well :facepalm:

Edited by HMFC01

17 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

No Zaha for Palace.   They had batshui(lazy spelling) or benteke off the bench.   So they opted for benteke ☺    fair play to Newcastle stealing two goals at the end.  Clearly they had better quality in Wilson and joelinton. 

I backed a 1-1 draw obviously.  Back to my worst.   Had my first bets in 9 months and it went to shit 😁 

Backed Brentford to win 2-0 as well :facepalm:

I had a both teams to score treble, including this game, the only one to let me down. Two good late goals from Newcastle, but the game was dreadful, and upfront for 89 minutes, both teams were awful. 

Bad luck.    I didn't watch the game.   Can you comment on how well or not Matt Ritchie played.   Good to see him back in the team via my score app. 

Edited by HMFC01

50 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Manchester United being, .. well being Manchester United since Ollie took over

2-0 down at Southampton.....good interview for their manager ?

Looks like you spoke too soon. Still time to Hibs it though. 

1 minute ago, Furious Styles said:

Super sub cavani. 

2 great headers. Proper goalscorer! 

Mind you, I'm sure if he was at Hearts he would lose all goal scoring instincts 

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Manchester United being, .. well being Manchester United since Ollie took over

2-0 down at Southampton.....good interview for their manager ?

It's a curious season.

Liverpool showing signs of pressure. Bottling even moaning about everything. 

But today's story is Cavani. He STILL HAS IT.

Great assist and 2 fine goals as second half sub. United break their all time record for successive away wins. 

21 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Looks like you spoke too soon. Still time to Hibs it though. 

Maybe not....seems they did turn it around in the race for a top 10 finish for them

Samuel Camazzola
51 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Maybe not....seems they did turn it around in the race for a top 10 finish for them

After their patchy results, win their game in hand and they are only a sniff off the top places. 

Cavani is the type of player who will win them several points when they are not playing well. 

More questions about concussion. David Luiz in bad head knock incident after 5 minutes. Only substituted at half time.

Jiminez of Wolves is in hospital.

Bit of advice for Jack Grealish. If you don’t want to spend all your time rolling around on the ground rubbing your shin after the latest “foul” against you try getting some proper ****ing shinpads. 

Laughable VAR decision - Villa  goal is disallowed for a tiny offside but there's a stone wall penalty claim for holding by the W Ham defender on the Villa "goal" scorer.

Edited by NANOJAMBO

2 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Laughable VAR decision - Villa  goal is disallowed for a tiny offside but there's a stone wall penalty claim for holding by the W Ham defender on the Villa "goal" scorer.

Offside surely.

11 hours ago, benny said:

Offside surely.

This. Miles off 😀

Grealish is a cheating wee nyaff too.

Got out of jail twice 😀

Not EPL but EFL, just saw the report on the Millwall game today, fans allowed in small numbers yet they still managed to make the news for all the wrong reasons. The players were booed as they took the knee before kick off. I’m sure there are lots of decent people that follow Millwall but they do have a large percentage of arseholes compared to other clubs. If you don’t agree with the gesture just stay quiet and don’t embarrass your club. 

Should be easy to identify the racist arseholes at Millwall with only 2,000 people in the stadium (and I'm assuming names & contact details were taken for track and trace).

First day of fans allowed back in grounds and this shite happens.

:vrface:

Underlines WHY taking the knee exists.

Captain Scarlett

Don’t blame them for booing. When is this knee nonsense going to stop? Typical American fad and all the UK jump on the bandwagon.It’s time for football to get some sort of normality back