Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Super John McGinn denied by VAR offside player in front of keeper

Good decision though took a while

Edited by Mikey1874

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Super John McGinn denied by VAR offside player in front of keeper

Good decision though took a while

It took them 3mins 44 seconds to reach that decision. Sorry that's a total nonsense. The goal should have stood imho.

5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

It took them 3mins 44 seconds to reach that decision. Sorry that's a total nonsense. The goal should have stood imho.

I enjoyed watching the coloured lines. 

It's been an interesting weekend. Some variety of VAR decisions. 

Edited by Mikey1874

7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

absolutely nothing wrong with that goal. What a farce

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

There  could have been two goalies in goal and they still were not saving that shot.

Edited by John Findlay

7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

games gone mad. That is just ridiculous it’s been disallowed. I’ve paused it and paused it and no chance.

that it’s McGinn is of course quite hilarious though

Two outstanding moments today.

First, negative.  Bamford's offside, farcical.

Second, positive, Schmeichel's save.

3 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Is it time for the referees/UEFA/FIFA to show us all what are the 'natural positions' that defenders can take ?

Placing hands behind your back is not natural and humans use their arms for balance in case they seem to have forgotten this

Just like offside which should be based on the feet only making it simpler for all..if your foot is ahead of the defender then offside, if not then not offside

PS it has been a very good first half of football

Surely offside should be a part of the body you can score with so foot , head , torso , legs. Arms offside is taking the piss for the same reasons you mention as regards pens

11 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Young Fulham player fecks up his Panenka to deny his team a point with last kick of the game.

Imagine it on here, if Craig Wighton had done that.:lol:

Had BTTS and it burst my coupon for £80 but I was still delighted 😀

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Is it time for the referees/UEFA/FIFA to show us all what are the 'natural positions' that defenders can take ?

Placing hands behind your back is not natural and humans use their arms for balance in case they seem to have forgotten this

Just like offside which should be based on the feet only making it simpler for all..if your foot is ahead of the defender then offside, if not then not offside

PS it has been a very good first half of football

Here you go. 

th-2.jpeg

52 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I just saw this on Twitter. I’m still struggling to see exactly how he managed it. £25m 

🤣🤣🤣

• 2 weeks later...

You’d think players in “the best league in the world. Ever” would have started to work out a way to combat Son’s runs into the box by now. Not that I’m complaining. 

William H. Bonney
23 minutes ago, Tazio said:

You’d think players in “the best league in the world. Ever” would have started to work out a way to combat Son’s runs into the box by now. Not that I’m complaining. 

I would hate to be a defender up against son. He always seems to find that extra burst of energy. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Mentioned on the Scottish football thread. 

The Villa injury time penalty not given. Overturned by ref on VAR monitor. 

Am I the only one who thinks that was the correct decision from the ref? Gets the ball (it changes direction) and the Villa player takes a dive. The leg contact was never enough for that fall. 

2 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Am I the only one who thinks that was the correct decision from the ref? Gets the ball (it changes direction) and the Villa player takes a dive. The leg contact was never enough for that fall. 

Is my take on it. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
18 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

You're right, never a penalty.

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

In other news, what's the goalie doin

So pointless, the boy was going wide with two defenders catching up ffs :vrface:

Penalty 

AGAINST Man Utd!

(Subject to VAR) Again ref uses pitch side monitor and says No Penalty.

Another interesting day for VAR.

Edited by Mikey1874

58 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Anyone who doesn't think VAR is bent in England is deluding themselves. Reeking. 

Yeah I wondered that - if you reverse the teams, I’m not convinced we would have had the same outcome. Will be interesting to see what Bilic says

Well well United get away with it

These interested parties all fail to include the fans..let them have their say (not for each incident) but in terms of the guidelines to be operated under

Who was the referee ?..oh perhaps that explains it

A decision was made and it was not 'clear and obvious' an error was made so why even have the ref check it...I mean we are talking about a ref who could not even notice Pickford's assault on Van Dijk despite being in control of the video pictures

How far back do you go in terms of checking decisions made ?

There will never be the ability to get it right every time but at the moment there does not seem to be any improvement in what was in place

Seymour M Hersh
12 hours ago, Jodami said:

Anyone who doesn't think VAR is bent in England is deluding themselves. Reeking. 

VAR is just a technology it's not pro or against any decision. It's the ******s working it who are ruining the whole concept and the parameters they are setting down south. 

Seymour M Hersh
11 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Well well United get away with it

These interested parties all fail to include the fans..let them have their say (not for each incident) but in terms of the guidelines to be operated under

Who was the referee ?..oh perhaps that explains it

A decision was made and it was not 'clear and obvious' an error was made so why even have the ref check it...I mean we are talking about a ref who could not even notice Pickford's assault on Van Dijk despite being in control of the video pictures

How far back do you go in terms of checking decisions made ?

There will never be the ability to get it right every time but at the moment there does not seem to be any improvement in what was in place

They say that Coote is a massive ManU fan and even has him on a tour of old trafford on his facebook page (or some other social media). No idea if that's true but he is a ****i ng shite referee. He's made mistake after mistake (and not just failing to send off that everton gobshite goalie) on the pitch and as the VAR pencil neck. 

Arteta?

Having seen the Aston Villa 0-3 defeat there were similarities in their 0-0 draw today. Probably should have been 3-0 Leeds. Chances plus hit woodwork three times second half. 

The game was always in the balance because Arsenal have individual brilliance in the side. 

But they seem to be operating in their own world that isn't taking into account what the opposition offers. Though they did defend fairly well with 10 men. 

Arsenal fans will be unhappy I think. 

(Leeds will be very happy despite just a point)

Bazzas right boot
46 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Arteta?

Having seen the Aston Villa 0-3 defeat there were similarities in their 0-0 draw today. Probably should have been 3-0 Leeds. Chances plus hit woodwork three times second half. 

The game was always in the balance because Arsenal have individual brilliance in the side. 

But they seem to be operating in their own world that isn't taking into account what the opposition offers. Though they did defend fairly well with 10 men. 

Arsenal fans will be unhappy I think. 

(Leeds will be very happy despite just a point)

It's amazing that teams  like leeds, shef utd, Villa etc seem to come up and close the gap to other clubs very quickly. How can a team like Arsenal be in s similar situation league wise to these teams .

Arsenal UCL and Europa every season for 20 plus years , fa cup wins in recent years then  a club like Shef Utd/ leeds come up after years out of the top flight and match them not only on the day but in Utd's case league wise as well.

Arsenal fans must be concerned.