English Premier League.

maroonlegions

Just now, Barack said:

Dier speaks fluent Portuguese. And fights fans. That's all I've gotten from him in the last 12 months.

I think he knows what he needs to do, he just can’t get there in time to do it. 

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SectionDJambo

Can’t help myself.

Aston Villa, a club who, I’m fairly sure, would have been demoted under a similar vote that demoted Hearts, Partick and Stranraer, had the EPL copied the easy, and corrupt, option taken by Doncaster and his cabal, not only escaped relegation on the playing field, but have thrived through sporting means.

Football, when it is allowed to reach sporting, rather than dubious, convenient and arbitrary, conclusions can still be a beautiful game.

Unfortunately, there are too many scunners in Scottish football and the Scottish sports media, to replicate such sporting fairness.

Liverpool were pretty abysmal, overrun and playing way too high. Worst offender Gomez who never showed up. Credit to Villa though, going to have a good season.

7 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Can’t help myself.

Aston Villa, a club who, I’m fairly sure, would have been demoted under a similar vote that demoted Hearts, Partick and Stranraer, had the EPL copied the easy, and corrupt, option taken by Doncaster and his cabal, not only escaped relegation on the playing field, but have thrived through sporting means.

Football, when it is allowed to reach sporting, rather than dubious, convenient and arbitrary, conclusions can still be a beautiful game.

Unfortunately, there are too many scunners in Scottish football and the Scottish sports media, to replicate such sporting fairness.

brilliant post 👍

Just now, JackLadd said:

Liverpool were pretty abysmal, overrun and playing way too high. Worst offender Gomez who never showed up. Credit to Villa though, going to have a good season.

It would be great if Villa, Everton and Spurs can do well. 

A_A wehatethehibs
18 minutes ago, Barack said:

True. Not convinced Spurs have the defence to cope.

Cup run, maybe. Overdue a trophy.

You may be right but footballs a funny old game isn’t it. Certain managers seem to have that strange knack for winning football matches 

30 minutes ago, Barack said:

True. Not convinced Spurs have the defence to cope.

Cup run, maybe. Overdue a trophy.

Spurs and trophy in the same sentence is an oxymoron. 

53 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just Everton v Liverpool next 

Even this early in the season you’ve got to think Everton have to believe they can put another spoke in the works.  Momentum can be a huge thing and stunting others while you are at it too. 

The stuttering start among 2 or 3 of the stronger sides really should encourage others.  

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Even this early in the season you’ve got to think Everton have to believe they can put another spoke in the works.  Momentum can be a huge thing and stunting others while you are at it too. 

The stuttering start among 2 or 3 of the stronger sides really should encourage others.  

A stuttering start.. That's one way to state a 7-2 deafet!

Just watched the Villa highlights. 3 bizarre deflections and an offside goal. Also fat arse McGinn definitely gave a foul for what should of been a penalty early on.

funny as, but they had some luck tbf.

Edited by 1971fozzy

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Can’t help myself.

Great Post 

I can understand how Liverpool got pumped.

They've got so used to winning that they think all they need to do is turn up but when everyone is playing with the same attitude and Villa have come with a plan that was always bound to happen at some point. Villa got a fair bit of luck with deflections but more than deserved it. 

Man Utd however are a complete shambles. 

Horatio Caine
22 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Liverpool

Is it just me or was that like a game under Stendel?

Passes picked behind at will.

No, it's not just you!

35 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Just watched the Villa highlights. 3 bizarre deflections and an offside goal. Also fat arse McGinn definitely gave a foul for what should of been a penalty early on.

funny as, but they had some luck tbf.

An offside goal? 

Not sure luck had anything to do with that result. It could've been 10!

11 minutes ago, JyTees said:

An offside goal? 

I thought the header was offside but totally agree fully deserved. All I was meaning was they got some fortunate goals through deflections, but your 100% correct they had loads of chances and thoroughly merited their huge win. I’m not a Liverpool fan by the way. Always delighted when the underdogs win and especially by large margins

4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I thought the header was offside but totally agree fully deserved. All I was meaning was they got some fortunate goals through deflections, but your 100% correct they had loads of chances and thoroughly merited their huge win. I’m not a Liverpool fan by the way. Always delighted when the underdogs win and especially by large margins

I don't think an offside goal is possible anymore with var. It's about the only thing that it works with!

Agreed, some of the deflections were fortunate. Also agree the scoreline didn't flatter them at all.

"Mr Keane" highlighted Liverpool's sloppy defending last week and was pulled up for it. I bet he's sitting with a wry smile on his face tonight. Liverpool have looked far from convincing at the back since the return from lockdown. That's been coming.

William H. Bonney
35 minutes ago, Tazio said:

677A973A-00AB-435F-8338-6FDFC9528B9B.jpeg

black eyed peas have been useless since fergie came on board. Decent rap outfit before she got her claws into them. 
Sorry for digressing. 

1 minute ago, Furious Styles said:

black eyed peas have been useless since fergie came on board. Decent rap outfit before she got her claws into them. 
Sorry for digressing. 

Sigh. 

We know that, it’s a gag, I don’t believe Prince Andrew was much cop when he was married either, but, you know, it’s a gag. 

William H. Bonney
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Sigh. 

We know that, it’s a gag, I don’t believe Prince Andrew was much cop when he was married either, but, you know, it’s a gag. 

Alright. Sorry. I wasn’t having a go. 
My bad. 

Unknown user
7 hours ago, Barack said:

I must admit, I've not watched highlights or live PL games for over a year. But, Everton signing Rodriguez is for me, the signing of the season. I had a wee feeling that could be top 5, maybe 4th position because of it.

Would be in any team in that league.

Same, dark horses this year

Seymour M Hersh
7 hours ago, JyTees said:

An offside goal? 

They'll never get luck like that in one game again. However, they still deserved to win. Was their keeper still MoM?

A_A wehatethehibs
8 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Spurs and trophy in the same sentence is an oxymoron. 

Their manager has won one or two though... 

32 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Their manager has won one or two though... 

indeed he has. If he wins a trophy with Spurs it will be a real achievement given how little he has been given to spend. 

My faith has been restored in football with yesterday's results.

Just watched the highlights on MOTD2 without knowing the results.

:scenes:

EPL is shaping up to be the most unpredictable ever, every team wants to have a go, great to watch now.

Cant for the life of me understand how the Spurs player doesn't get the red too.

Surely VAR should be coming into that decision.

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

indeed he has. If he wins a trophy with Spurs it will be a real achievement given how little he has been given to spend. 

Has he not spent 90 million this season plus the Bale loan move.

2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

My faith has been restored in football with yesterday's results.

Just watched the highlights on MOTD2 without knowing the results.

:scenes:

EPL is shaping up to be the most unpredictable ever, every team wants to have a go, great to watch now.

Cant for the life of me understand how the Spurs player doesn't get the red too.

Surely VAR should be coming into that decision.

Good job doing that. I used to love watching MOTD without knowing the scores. But these days it's too hard not to see something, or get some notification...

2 hours ago, benny said:

Has he not spent 90 million this season plus the Bale loan move.

That’s peanuts in comparison to what he has been given at other clubs. He is usually the big spender in summer windows. 

• 2 weeks later...

Liverpool 1 up at Everton and may have had a penalty as Pickford gets lucky

Rangers go 1 up

However Van Dyke off due to Pickfords challenge...How he was not booked just because the player was offside amazes me

Edited by CJGJ

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Liverpool 1 up at Everton and may have had a penalty as Pickford gets lucky

Rangers go 1 up

However Van Dyke off due to Pickfords challenge...How he was not booked just because the player was offside amazes me

Correct. A player can be cautioned or sent off in the tunnel pre- match, after the half time whistle and after the full time whistle. In all three of these instances the ball is not in play.

Pickford is a very lucky boy.

2-2 and a goal; from a cross ..Calvert Lewin

He did well to move away from the centre backs to pick up on Robertson

Almost 3-2 Liverpool....good match so far but Pickfords challenge has changed the game

Edited by CJGJ

Richarleson off..terrible challenge.

Everton down to 10 and stupidity from the player though they should have been down to 10 much earlier.

Oh and it was after the whistle for an earlier challenge making the Pickford decision even worse

Edited by CJGJ

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

2-3.

Getting a bit bored by Liverpool now. Novelty well worn off. Would love to see Everton bounce back and have a serious league challenge. 

I thought the Premier League had changed their approach to VAR offsides.

Looking closely it is offside but not really in spirit of game. It should be clear and obvious.

20201017_143126.jpg

Edited by Mikey1874