English Premier League.

maroonlegions

I grew up listening to commentators on match of the day and international matches sneering at foreign keepers and how British keepers were hugely superior in technique as they didn’t punch. 
How many British keepers first choice in the EPL nowadays? 

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Everton if they are to be serious contenders need another keeper. 

Is playing with two keepers not a pretty good advantage to have ?

Leeds struggling against Manchester City and 1-0 down at half time

Edited by CJGJ

2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Agreed. Pickford is a complete liability, but he's a world cup semi finalist and the sun never sets on the empire, so he's still great.

Like that fud Maguire. Bang average, but spawned a WC semi final. English critical thinking of their own game is myopic at best.

Sorry, kinda sequed off of Everton there...

25 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Is playing with two keepers not a pretty good advantage to have ?

Leeds struggling against Manchester City and 1-0 down at half time

Struggled for first 15 minutes

2 hours ago, Tazio said:

I grew up listening to commentators on match of the day and international matches sneering at foreign keepers and how British keepers were hugely superior in technique as they didn’t punch. 
How many British keepers first choice in the EPL nowadays? 

Citeh keeper has a howler.

But your point still stands.

Man City were electric first 10/15 minutes. 

City's challenge is to somehow maintain pressure. 

Another boost for everyone else. 

1 hour ago, King prawn said:

Pickford comes across as an arsehole

Rodriguez is some player when he’s playing under Ancelotti 

You wonder how Rodriguez was bang average elsewhere.

Cavani will have me tuning in to watching man utd now, will take them more serious.  I rated cavani highly as possibly one of the best strikers of all time, at 33 he will be used sparingly I will say.  I still rate him highly, better than ibrahimovic, and that guy is top class. 

All they need now is a new centre half. 

The Old Tolbooth
23 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

I’m not so sure?  They can’t play like they did v Liverpool at the back.  Passing it around their 6 yard box!.

I do think Arsenal will have a good season but until they offload some of the players who’ve got a history of mistakes, they’ll still be susceptible to a few bad days at the office.  

With Liverpool around you are going to need a very high level of consistency to stay close. Even though City took a beating last week, you know Guardiola will settle them down and they’re capable of good form. There’s 2 or 3 other clubs who can easily put together results but you’ve still got to think Man C are the ones who’ll stay closer to Liverpool. 

I hear ya, totally agree with what you’re saying too, I just think Arsenal look like they’re onto something good just now, whereas Chelsea and Man Utd are just too inconsistent, Everton also look decent this season although they haven’t played anyone yet, and Leicester are doing what they do best, impressive to start with but most likely will fall away in the second half of the season, they imploded big time last season, top four is there for any club who can show consistency. 

9 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Cavani will have me tuning in to watching man utd now, will take them more serious.  I rated cavani highly as possibly one of the best strikers of all time, at 33 he will be used sparingly I will say.  I still rate him highly, better than ibrahimovic, and that guy is top class. 

All they need now is a new centre half. 

I agree, cavani will be a great signing for united. If they can get a decent centre half in would be a massive improvement. I'd put an offer in for jonny evens, he is far better than anything they've got. Ole still has to go and he can take pogba with him. I can only see another 30 plus points behind the scousers again. 

19 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Cheeky wee £15m bid for Zlamal ? 

Cavani is proven class but I think Man Utd need to get in a lot more crosses if they want to get the best out of him. 

Agree, Everton need a top notch keeper. Pickford is a decent keeper for a bottom 10 team but he's not going to save them in tight games. 

All Liverpool need to do is not do anything too stupid and the league is theirs  as Man City and Leicester seem to be making a fine art out of shooting themselves in the foot. 

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

All Liverpool need to do is not do anything too stupid and the league is theirs  as Man City and Leicester seem to be making a fine art out of shooting themselves in the foot. 

Indeed. Although, credit to Davie Moyes, he's got West Ham organised well now. Would have expected Leicester to edge it never the less. 

Liverpool will win the league by Christmas if City and Leicester can't put a good run together. 

Unknown user

Man U making plans for the future, they've signed a few players age 16-17 for a couple of million here and there, all very highly rated. Charlie McNeill scored 600 goals coming through Man City's ranks and they signed him for less than a million up front.

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Indeed. Although, credit to Davie Moyes, he's got West Ham organised well now. Would have expected Leicester to edge it never the less. 

Liverpool will win the league by Christmas if City and Leicester can't put a good run together. 

Their problems will no doubt start back when he returns.😄

2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Some start in the Man Utd v Spurs game. 3 goals in 7mins

Harry kane hasn't scored yet either ☺ that's at least 3.

3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Correction:  make that a new goalie, 2/3 Centre backs and 2 full backs for man utd. 

Useless. 

£80 million 

£40 million for each goal Maguire was at fault for

Just now, Van Wilder said:

Listening to Gary N is giving me an erection. 

What the feck was he on about saying it could have been a problem if Lamela had got the last touch? He was more onside than Son. 

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

What the feck was he on about saying it could have been a problem if Lamela had got the last touch? He was more onside than Son. 

I think he was saying it would be a naughty theft of Son’s goal.

4 minutes ago, Van Wilder said:

I think he was saying it would be a naughty theft of Son’s goal.

That’s what I thought at first but he was referring to offside. And even if he wasn’t Lamela was doing exactly what he should have been doing and following in. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Love Coco. He’s first class at one pitch shithousery. 

And it’s 3! 

I’ve not felt this good in a long time.

couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch.

Салатные палочки
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

:pleasing:

Fergie would have a stroke with this side. 

Just now, Salad Fingers said:

Gary Neville is close to it. He’s getting huffier by the second. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Boots and hair dryers come to mind.

Just now, Tazio said:

This is making my Sunday. 
Utd getting thumped by Spurs who are in their 4th game in 8 days. 

Made my weekend.

we want 10.