English Premier League.

maroonlegions

Heck, decided to go to the supermarket as thought Man City would romp it after the early lead. Wow. 🤣🤣🤣

Surely Pep must be in danger of getting papped 😃

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Heck, decided to go to the supermarket as thought Man City would romp it after the early lead. Wow. 🤣🤣🤣

Surely Pep must be in danger of getting papped 😃

I really  do feel  that Arsenal  are the dark horses in this title race.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Satsumo said:

I really hope none of the so called bigger teams take notice of Klich. What a player he is.

Binned until Bielsa arrived. Cracking game today. 

4 hours ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Oi, Leicester City! Are you Jambos in disguise?

Good question! Just need a ‘twirly’ to confirm!

12991AE8-316E-465A-BDFC-8342D1A806AE.jpeg

13 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Guardiola is a ridiculously good coach but it feels as if he’s lost the plot at City. Complicating his thinking, not even remotely getting basics right. That’s a shocking result today 

Time will tell because they have the clout to turn things around, but you get the feeling City are slowly going like how Arsenal did under Wenger.  

Suspect at the back and losing the fear factor.  

2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Time will tell because they have the clout to turn things around, but you get the feeling City are slowly going like how Arsenal did under Wenger.  

it does seem like they are heading towards being arsenal under wenger. surely they could have got a better CH than Ake for £40M even if they spent a bit more on one? Also unless he was carrying an injury why did laporte not start, he is their best CH. Also they are short of a striker, yes it is hard to plan for both aguero and jesus being injured but aguero has had a couple of injuries that have kept him out for longish periods.

43 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

it does seem like they are heading towards being arsenal under wenger. surely they could have got a better CH than Ake for £40M even if they spent a bit more on one? Also unless he was carrying an injury why did laporte not start, he is their best CH. Also they are short of a striker, yes it is hard to plan for both aguero and jesus being injured but aguero has had a couple of injuries that have kept him out for longish periods.

Wenger’s football snobbery got the better of him and Guardiola is in danger of going the same way. 

When he just needed to go for a more no nonsense defender, a leader, organiser (basically someone who could defend as their strongest part), he didn’t do it. 

He kept carrying on with thinking he could play 10 ball players in every position. However, maybe it was as much to do with strategy and what he asked of his players?

Arteta seems to have went back to basics with the same players and they are much more solid. 

50 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Wenger’s football snobbery got the better of him and Guardiola is in danger of going the same way. 

When he just needed to go for a more no nonsense defender, a leader, organiser (basically someone who could defend as their strongest part), he didn’t do it. 

He kept carrying on with thinking he could play 10 ball players in every position. However, maybe it was as much to do with strategy and what he asked of his players?

Arteta seems to have went back to basics with the same players and they are much more solid. 

i completely agree, while kompany could play a bit he knew that first and foremost defending is what he had to do. It is also telling i remember good CH pairings as on with good technical ablility and the other a sort of no nonsense CH. Think ferdinand/vidic, puyol/pique, terry carvalho. The thing is you can get no nonsense CHs who have a bit of technical ability.

Re Arteta, i am impressed with what he has done so far. The problems at Arsenal will take probably another year or two to fully resolve IMO but the signs are good and he has started to fix their main problem their defence.

Football is very odd just now. 
Watching Leeds is great

Leicester look as good, if not better than the team that won the league 

West Ham score 4 and keep a clean sheet
It’s end times. Especially me liking Leeds

30 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i completely agree, while kompany could play a bit he knew that first and foremost defending is what he had to do. It is also telling i remember good CH pairings as on with good technical ablility and the other a sort of no nonsense CH. Think ferdinand/vidic, puyol/pique, terry carvalho. The thing is you can get no nonsense CHs who have a bit of technical ability.

Re Arteta, i am impressed with what he has done so far. The problems at Arsenal will take probably another year or two to fully resolve IMO but the signs are good and he has started to fix their main problem their defence.

👍🏻    

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

I also feel like the inevitable need for a rebuild was overlooked and not dealt with properly 

Liverpool probably going to hit 90+ points again this season. Can't see anyone else getting near them. Jota is such a good signing. 

Liverpool wont go undefeated, their defence still has to many lapses in it.

If a team does finish above them, then that team will be EPL champions at the end of the season.

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Liverpool wont go undefeated, their defence still has to many lapses in it.

If a team does finish above them, then that team will be EPL champions at the end of the season.

Or second or third ....

Liverpool will win this league by miles.

Leicester imo will finish 2nd. Like it or not, Brenda is a class manager. 

Arsenal 3rd.

Then a toss up for fourth between, 

Man City, who can't defend for shit. 

Man Utd blow hot and cold too often. No consistency. 

Mourinho will end in tears with Spurs. Will be surprised if they finish near the top 6. 

Lampards fecked it at Chelsea. 

Everton could be this seasons dark horse for top 4. 

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

No. If a team finishes above Liverpool they will be first.

Ok if you say so .... Liverpool to finish second and runners up ...

Klopp is just amazing in terms of public comments after the match

Backing Robertson and explaining it was just one of those things that happens in football

The best side in Europe and I include Bayern in that and the best side to watch

As it stands prior to the transfer window closing they will win the league once more with only realistically City having a chance and they have work to do....though they could do it of course.

Edited by CJGJ

15 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Arsenal 3rd.

Mourinho will end in tears with Spurs. Will be surprised if they finish near the top 6. 

What were Arsenal trying to achieve last night.

They were awful.

Luckily for them Liverpool were in a wasteful mood.

The Real Maroonblood
23 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Arsenal 3rd.

Has much as I hate to admit it I agree about Rodgers.

The Old Tolbooth
On 27/09/2020 at 21:01, maroonlegions said:

I really  do feel  that Arsenal  are the dark horses in this title race.

As a Liverpool fan, I feel that too, I think at 2/1 to finish top four, that’s a great bet! I’m seriously impressed with what Arteta has done there and the way he’s trying to get them to play. They were clearly second best to a much better Liverpool team on Monday night, but even Liverpool had to start again somewhere, and look where they are now, arsenal top four is a definite for me! 

The Old Tolbooth
On 29/09/2020 at 18:36, CJGJ said:

Liverpool's new signing Thiago has been found to have coronavirus and is self isolating

So has Mane now apparently 

Guest ToqueJambo

Think a lot of managers of the top sides in England would be quite happy if their players have to isolate over the international break.

Seymour M Hersh
7 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

So has Mane now apparently 

Mane has tested positive. Self isolating. Get well soon Sadio. 

Don’t think it’s a surprise that Man City have fallen whilst arsenal have improved since Arteta Switched. 

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Don’t think it’s a surprise that Man City have fallen whilst arsenal have improved since Arteta Switched. 

That’s exactly my thoughts too 

10 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

As a Liverpool fan, I feel that too, I think at 2/1 to finish top four, that’s a great bet! I’m seriously impressed with what Arteta has done there and the way he’s trying to get them to play. They were clearly second best to a much better Liverpool team on Monday night, but even Liverpool had to start again somewhere, and look where they are now, arsenal top four is a definite for me! 

I’m not so sure?  They can’t play like they did v Liverpool at the back.  Passing it around their 6 yard box!.

I do think Arsenal will have a good season but until they offload some of the players who’ve got a history of mistakes, they’ll still be susceptible to a few bad days at the office.  

With Liverpool around you are going to need a very high level of consistency to stay close. Even though City took a beating last week, you know Guardiola will settle them down and they’re capable of good form. There’s 2 or 3 other clubs who can easily put together results but you’ve still got to think Man C are the ones who’ll stay closer to Liverpool. 

3 hours ago, Tazio said:

£23.5m. 
it’s just getting stupid now. 

What's that related to?  The money you mention.

I see Everton have Brighton today at 3pm.   Should be a cracking match with plenty attacking and hopefully plenty goals 🕺

3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

What's that related to?  The money you mention.

I see Everton have Brighton today at 3pm.   Should be a cracking match with plenty attacking and hopefully plenty goals 🕺

i assume sheffield utd buying rhian brewser from liverpool

has ony played around 30senior games but none in the EPL

Edited by milky_26

9 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i assume sheffield utd buying rhian brewser from liverpool

has ony played around 30senior games but none in the EPL

Exactly. A young player with good potential that managed 10 goals for Swansea last year but unproven in the top league. A big gamble from Sheffield Utd. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I do enjoy watching Jordan Pickford making a mess of things. 

Me too. Very satisfying, fortunately it's a regular occurrence.