Question of sport revamp.

Angel eyes

On 13/09/2020 at 10:37, ri Alban said:

Don't tell me, will there be any white people on it. As in the host and captains? 

Wow.

Speechless.

Weakened Offender
On 13/09/2020 at 10:37, ri Alban said:

Don't tell me, will there be any white people on it. As in the host and captains? 

Sad case type post. 

11 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Alex Scott is an upgrade in every way over Sue Barker. 

Still won't watch it though. 

Absolutely.

I still have a soft spot for the program though, as one of the great Christmas presents (85 or 86 I think) was the Question of Sport boardgame featuring the classic line up of Coleman, Hughes and Beaumont. Great jumpers too.

10 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Absolutely.

I still have a soft spot for the program though, as one of the great Christmas presents (85 or 86 I think) was the Question of Sport boardgame featuring the classic line up of Coleman, Hughes and Beaumont. Great jumpers too.

Oh, **** me, the Question of Sport boardgame. 

Trying to do the what happened next round by describing what was on the card. 

:facepalm:

What the **** were they thinking?

5 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Oh, **** me, the Question of Sport boardgame. 

Trying to do the what happened next round by describing what was on the card. 

:facepalm:

What the **** were they thinking?

Ha ha I'd forgotten that. 

Thank god for computers.

Didn't realise this. 

Is that why they devoted 2 hours to a program celebrating  40 years (or maybe 50) of QoS  last month ?    Lots of the recent folk who'd  appeared on it  were saying how wonderful Sue Barker was too.             

Gorgie Boot boy
On 13/09/2020 at 10:07, Angel eyes said:

Host plus captains both leaving in show revamp must admit stopped watching years ago is it still popular? McCoist was captain last time I watched

I watched the program years ago, more to see if i could answer the questions , guess who is behind the image. I don't watch council TV anymore. 

Shanks said no
4 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Who will be the new captains?

On 18/09/2020 at 22:51, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Who’s the favourite to be the new captains?

See you have changed your name again Hamilton, shame you have reverted to asking questions once again, whereas on other threads you appear very capable of using google to find astonishing facts.

24 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

See you have changed your name again Hamilton, shame you have reverted to asking questions once again, whereas on other threads you appear very capable of using google to find astonishing facts.

It’s because people have given up on his incessant trolling on his face mask thread. He’ll resort to asking questions again under this new name. 

Just now, King prawn said:

It’s because people have given up on his incessant trolling on his face mask thread. He’ll resort to asking questions again under this new name. 

And the complete ragdolling on the Terrace on a couple of threads. 

31 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Never watched it since it was Gareth Edwards and Willie Carson were captains

Preferred Quizball..

Quiz ball, that's a quiz game they should bring back.

17 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Quiz ball, that's a quiz game they should bring back.

One of Forest team is smoking a pipe.

Changed days indeed🤭

Screenshot_2020-09-20-19-24-29-884_com.android.chrome.png

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Scott’s a good pundit. Not quite the GOAT as some try to portray her (Karen Carney is better on the female front) but she’ll do fine on QOS. Barker must be about 90 by now

I've always thought Gabby Logan was a decent host /pundit and not given nearly enough opportunities to prove it. Especially when you see the sheer volume of Clare Balding hosted programmes there are.

willie wallace
On 18/09/2020 at 12:14, hughesie27 said:

Definitely staged. There's no danger the captains or guests know the answers to most of those questions.

They had a programme on recently talking to people who had been on the show over the years and the vast majority said they were extremely nervous.

The thought of getting the question on their own sport wrong was the biggest worry.

been here before
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The bloke with the pipe is a chap called Ted Moult, originally a Derbyshire farmer, who became a TV personality which may explain why he was on the above programme. 

He ended up shooting himself after a severe bout of depression linked to his farming. 

Very sad as he seemed like a nice bloke.

Fit yhe best, fit Everest.

12 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

The bloke with the pipe is a chap called Ted Moult, originally a Derbyshire farmer, who became a TV personality which may explain why he was on the above programme. 

He ended up shooting himself after a severe bout of depression linked to his farming. 

Very sad as he seemed like a nice bloke.

Did the original commercials for Everest double glazing.

I have a couple of mates who work at the BBC on entertainment/quiz shows. They've given me a couple of names who they say will be team captains. I won't say in case of getting them in trouble but, safe to say, you won't be disappointed. If you know what I mean.

Used to watch it a lot through the 2000's but haven't really watched it for years. Didn't realise they still made new ones tbh.

I preferred 'They Think It's All Over' back in the day. Basically Question of Sport but comedy. Ally McCoist used to be decent on QoS tbh.

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

I have a couple of mates who work at the BBC on entertainment/quiz shows. They've given me a couple of names who they say will be team captains. I won't say in case of getting them in trouble but, safe to say, you won't be disappointed. If you know what I mean.

Is it going to annoy the easily offended who are forever carping on about others being easily offended?

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

Gareth Thomas and an ex paralympian?