Your favourite sports(clothing) brand?

Angel eyes

What’s your favourite/preferred brand Adidas, Umbro, Nike or no much fussed what ever looks good or does Hearts fc influence your buying what they rock you do as well? I’m very much Adidas think they produce some nice gear consistent pricey but you get quality. If I go for a possible alternative It’s in trainers  puma like the style of them though Adidas gazelles are smart.

I think you're either a Nike person or an Adidas person. For me, I prefer adidas, it has to be addidas when it comes to footwear. The rest of my outfits / clothes I am not too fussed. I usually have to wear sports / old and crappy clothes to work so can't really be too fussed when it comes to the rest. 

Салатные палочки

For trainers it's usually always Adidas but I recently bought a pair of Air Max 90s for nostalgia reasons and bugger me they are comfy! 

As for the clothing, I don't often buy sportswear but I got a pair of Adidas jogging bottoms in the sale for flying to Gran Canaria last year and when we got there they were all bobbled. Totally crap. If I get a new pair for travelling next year I'll probably go for Nike. 

Samuel Camazzola

I terms of footwear, I don't have a go-to brand. I have over a dozen Onitsuka Tiger (Asics), Converse, Puma, NB, Nike, Adidas, retro Diadora, K Swiss, Skechers... If I like the style, I'll get them. 

For sportswear, Calvin Klein golf is worth a look. Their polos are good quality. Swedish brand, Peak Performance make good stuff but it's not widely available here. 

A lot of the stuff on the hummel and Kappa websites looks decent. Kappa did have an image associated with chavs in the 90s but a lot of their football range has been decent in recent years. 

The quality of Adidas Originals stuff has dropped since they seem to mass produce a lot of their lines.

The Nike app is worth getting and registering your details with. They have a members only section and provide occasional chunky promos with 25% off etc... 

3 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

What’s your favourite/preferred brand Adidas, Umbro, Nike or no much fussed what ever looks good or does Hearts fc influence your buying what they rock you do as well? I’m very much Adidas think they produce some nice gear consistent pricey but you get quality. If I go for a possible alternative It’s in trainers  puma like the style of them though Adidas gazelles are smart.

adidas 1st then puma.

Governor Tarkin
15 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Sportswear is, of course, for doing sports in. Any one who wears sports clothes while not engaged in sports is either a ned or Eastern European.

:spoton:

The only sports jacket any discerning gentleman should be seen out in looks like this.

brook-tavener-pagoda-tweed-jacket.png

Салатные палочки
23 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Was given a brand new, unworn tweed jacket just the other week. Dashing. Would post a pic of it on here, but would give the T-shirt and trainer types an inferiority complex :)

:laugh:

Go on, post a pic we could all do with a laugh this morning. 

Салатные палочки
Just now, jonesy said:

I would, but - being a distinguished gentleman - don't have a smartphone anymore, so not sure how.

Just dial it through your house phone. 

Screenshot_20200913-111853_Chrome.jpg.8061eb91143ada5bf25214cd59794bd1.jpg

A general mixture tbh. 

If it is Nike, it will be an SB Hoodie. Same with Adidas. Generally I'll just buy one if I like the colour or, the design. I buy a lot of my clothes from Route One so I'd add Levi's, Carhartt, Vans, Dickies and various other brands in there. 

Trainers, it is New Balance Numeric all the way these days, think I've got 6 or 7 pairs of NB numeric and I think they have more choice, better designs and they are better made. Imo

5 hours ago, jambo89 said:

I think you're either a Nike person or an Adidas person. For me, I prefer adidas, it has to be addidas when it comes to footwear. The rest of my outfits / clothes I am not too fussed. I usually have to wear sports / old and crappy clothes to work so can't really be too fussed when it comes to the rest. 

I have both Nike and Adidas trainers.

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Was given a brand new, unworn tweed jacket just the other week. Dashing. Would post a pic of it on here, but would give the T-shirt and trainer types an inferiority complex :)

Good man. 👍

2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The only sports jacket any discerning gentleman should be seen out in looks like this.

And a discerning gent wouldn’t wear a waistcoat under a sports jacket. A nice V neck jumper with a casual shirt works best, a fine knit, merino wool or cashmere ideally. 

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Doesn't look machine washable, must make it a pain in the arse for washing out the fox's blood.

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

And a discerning gent wouldn’t wear a waistcoat under a sports jacket. A nice V neck jumper with a casual shirt works best, a fine knit, merino wool or cashmere ideally. 

What? Where would he hang his pocket watch? 😡

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

What? Where would he hang his pocket watch? 😡

In the breast pocket dear boy with the fob affixed to the buttonhole on the lapel. 
Old school. 

Edited by Tazio

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

In the breast pocket dear boy with the fob affixed to the buttonhole on the lapel. 
Old school. 

I'm clearly out of my sartorial depth here. :(

Always German, so Puma or Adidas, never Nike.

That said, best pair of Football boots I ever had were Patrick. All black,  two white stripes at the back; never bettered.

Edited by Costanza

Just now, Costanza said:

Always German, so Puma or Adidas, never Nike.

That said, best pair of Football boots I ever had were Patrick. All black,  two white stripes at the back; never bettered.

Patrick boots were comfy as hell. I had a pair with the fluorescent orange stripes. If I remember correctly their top of the line ones were kangaroo leather. 

I'm Adidas for trainers and hoodies,I like the Adidas continental 80s on footoocker, sadly they haven't been in stock in my size for the last 2 weeks. 

I think Nike look horrible, the are too clumpy looking.

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Patrick boots were comfy as hell. I had a pair with the fluorescent orange stripes. If I remember correctly their top of the line ones were kangaroo leather. 

Yes indeed, they were an extremely good fit. Never knew that about the Kangaroo leather.

Was like a Billy's Boots moment when the boots split!

New Balance for trainers and pretty much what is cheapest in Sports Direct after that. If i'm flush, I'll go mental and get a Lyle & Scott, Fred Perry or Lacoste polo from MandMdirect.com

Samuel Camazzola
3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

No jacket should be buttoned when a waistcoat is in action. 👍 

1 minute ago, Irufushi said:

Never liked Nike gear. 

Me neither. Always been an Adidas guy. New Balance 577’s are the comfiest trainers I’ve ever worn though. 

Mostly have Under Armour for my golf clothing,some CK,and Hugo Boss aswell.Mainly Lacoste and Hugo Boss polo shirts,Adidas and New Balance trainers.Used to like One True Saxon clothing but they stopped trading,they made great brouge shoes and boots and I still have 3 pairs.

Edited by weegranty

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Irufushi said:

Never liked Nike gear. 

Are you still getting through the big supply of their discontinued golf balls? 😄

Governor Tarkin
4 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

No jacket should be buttoned when a waistcoat is in action. 👍 

In the guy's defence, he's probably just making sure that his latest conquest (just out of shot) can't dip the bag of Peruvian flake from his inside pocket.

2 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Are you still getting through the big supply of their discontinued golf balls? 😄

Golf balls were good tbf , forgot about that 😂

im on to Bridgestone or srixon these days... when I get a chance to play .

Samuel Camazzola
21 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

I still have a dozen of them unopened. They were decent and probably a similar feel to the Z Stars. 

On 13/09/2020 at 14:01, Greedy Jambo said:

No mention of Under Armour, I'm surprised. 

Out of adidas, nike etc UA have by far the best boxers. Bought some about a year ago and they are still in the same condition, hold their shape etc

luckyBatistuta
On 13/09/2020 at 16:50, weegranty said:

Mostly have Under Armour for my golf clothing,some CK,and Hugo Boss aswell.Mainly Lacoste and Hugo Boss polo shirts,Adidas and New Balance trainers.Used to like One True Saxon clothing but they stopped trading,they made great brouge shoes and boots and I still have 3 pairs.

Almost named my entire wardrobe, apart from Galvin Green 👍 Never owned New Balance though.

On 13/09/2020 at 15:58, Irufushi said:

Never liked Nike gear. 

Don’t have anything Nike. Don’t like the look of most of their stuff. Everything  I’ve bought my boys for sport football boots, strips  etc, I’ve found is poorly made.

On 13/09/2020 at 20:26, Irufushi said:

Bridgestone😱...and I thought you were a decent gowfer too🙄🤪

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Almost named my entire wardrobe, apart from Galvin Green 👍 Never owned New Balance though.

Don’t have anything Nike. Don’t like the look of most of their stuff. Everything  I’ve bought my boys for sport football boots, strips  etc, I’ve found is poorly made.

Bridgestone have always been a premium ball. Faldo used them in the 90s (Rextar model) and they've been used for years by Kuchar, De Chambeau, Snedeker. A certain 🐯 has raised their profile since Nike stopped manufacturing equipment. 

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Hey, the two best players in the world use Bridgestone golf balls... me and tiger .

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Bridgestone have always been a premium ball. Faldo used them in the 90s (Rextar model) and they've been used for years by Kuchar, De Chambeau, Snedeker. A certain 🐯 has raised their profile since Nike stopped manufacturing equipment. 

When I find Bridgestones, I give them away. Always use a Srixon or Titleist. Although my neighbour who is a seriously good golfer swears by the Kirkland golf balls from Costco, says they’re just as good as a Pro V1

1 hour ago, Irufushi said:

Hey, the two best players in the world use Bridgestone golf balls... me and tiger .

:rofl:

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

When I find Bridgestones, I give them away. Always use a Srixon or Titleist. Although my neighbour who is a seriously good golfer swears by the Kirkland golf balls from Costco, says they’re just as good as a Pro V1

:rofl:

There are a few companies away from the established names that are making premium balls now. Direct sales and dynamic pricing structures keeps the costs down. Vice and Pearl are a couple which make good balls. 

luckyBatistuta
5 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

There are a few companies away from the established names that are making premium balls now. Direct sales and dynamic pricing structures keeps the costs down. Vice and Pearl are a couple which make good balls. 

Never used any of them🤷‍♂️