No self respect / backbone

Selkirkhmfc1874

19 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

At least we wouldn't have to listen to them, and ball boys and catering staff be in close proximity to them. It sounds like a marvellous idea for when we return to normal.

Think it will be a few years before we see these orcs & tims in the roseburn stand again,   gladly..😷😷😷girfut....

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Having thought about this I have flipped my opinion completely, I heard a point on one of the podcasts which resonated a bit. (Apologies it May have been mentioned on the thread already but I’ve been avoiding)

All the way through the wrangle we maintained the position, that we would have done the right thing, that we’d have voted for reconstruction at our expense to ensure no team was punished. We insisted we would have looked beyond and worked in the interests of the game.  

Loaning Bobby is not about being a doormat, it’s about sticking to our word and retaining the high ground.  

none of the above undermines the beef that we the fans should hold.. but the club have done the right thing. 

I must admit I was livid when I first heard about the loan, however after listening to our reasoning I’m living with it.  Now I know that the club have to behave in a completely professional manner and will have to have contact with clubs and individuals that they will no doubt have to hold their nose throughout the contact. There are however individuals and clubs who should be completely beyond the pale with us after the events of the past few months because of their actions and the statements individuals connected to these clubs made about us. Ayr, Dundee and Raith in particular should be persona non grata as far as we are concerned along with the Leith Vermin.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Having thought about this I have flipped my opinion completely, I heard a point on one of the podcasts which resonated a bit. (Apologies it May have been mentioned on the thread already but I’ve been avoiding)

All the way through the wrangle we maintained the position, that we would have done the right thing, that we’d have voted for reconstruction at our expense to ensure no team was punished. We insisted we would have looked beyond and worked in the interests of the game.  

Loaning Bobby is not about being a doormat, it’s about sticking to our word and retaining the high ground.  

none of the above undermines the beef that we the fans should hold.. but the club have done the right thing. 

In a sense you’re right. Except for the fact that the moral high ground is utterly worthless in professional football. You get nothing for occupying it.

We should have told St Mirren to ram a rake up their rectum.

29 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

In a sense you’re right. Except for the fact that the moral high ground is utterly worthless in professional football. You get nothing for occupying it.

If the exact same situation happened again this season - St Mirren would once again vote to shaft us. If people can't see that, they should apply to join our Board, who seem blinkered to the possibility.

Weakened Offender
35 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

This is where I am. 

You shouldn't rise above anything. Get down in the sewer and get dirty with the rats. 

I must admit i was surprised we helped out St Mirren and loaned the wee man to Brechin City. I recon Robbie is just looking at it in the football sense with what is best for his players going out on loan. Anyway it was our managers decision and that should be the end of it as far as i'm concerned.

21 hours ago, Deevers said:

I must admit I was livid when I first heard about the loan, however after listening to our reasoning I’m living with it.  Now I know that the club have to behave in a completely professional manner and will have to have contact with clubs and individuals that they will no doubt have to hold their nose throughout the contact. There are however individuals and clubs who should be completely beyond the pale with us after the events of the past few months because of their actions and the statements individuals connected to these clubs made about us. Ayr, Dundee and Raith in particular should be persona non grata as far as we are concerned along with the Leith Vermin.

You think our board won’t deal directly with these clubs or in the near future?

Sorry but all we have heard for the last couple of years is the advantage of taking the moral high ground, at the same time we get voted out the league  by a group of laughing club owners who didn’t think twice before doing so. 

20 hours ago, mitch41 said:

I must admit i was surprised we helped out St Mirren and loaned the wee man to Brechin City. I recon Robbie is just looking at it in the football sense with what is best for his players going out on loan. Anyway it was our managers decision and that should be the end of it as far as i'm concerned.

The Brechin one is fine and is does benefit a young player. 

The St Mirren one was this seasons early ‘Ratner moment’. 

Yes, it’s Robbies decision and thats it but he more than most should know how important it is to have the fans onside. Did he not realise how we would react? There is a lot of anger waiting to express itself and Robbie needs to make sure he is not on the receiving end. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

You think our board won’t deal directly with these clubs or in the near future?

Sorry but all we have heard for the last couple of years is the advantage of taking the moral high ground, at the same time we get voted out the league  by a group of laughing club owners who didn’t think twice before doing so. 

You would hope that certain clubs and certain individuals would be given the cold shoulder. It would be ridiculous if the fat twat  from Ayr for instance was feted and given hospitality when Ayr play here after his utterances about the club and about Budge. Nothing would surprise me though. 

31 minutes ago, Deevers said:

You would hope that certain clubs and certain individuals would be given the cold shoulder. It would be ridiculous if the fat twat  from Ayr for instance was feted and given hospitality when Ayr play here after his utterances about the club and about Budge. Nothing would surprise me though. 

I would imagine there are some ‘rules’ around how visiting directors and guests are treated. 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I would imagine there are some ‘rules’ around how visiting directors and guests are treated. 

I would think you are right.  Mind you he would have some brass neck to be standing in hospitality after the game after some of the things he’s come out with.

5 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I would think you are right.  Mind you he would have some brass neck to be standing in hospitality after the game after some of the things he’s come out with.

I agree. 

31 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

By the club though, not the reception certain individuals will receive inside and outside the ground from the fans. Take Doncaster as an example, I would be amazed if the club did not contact the police stating they could not guarantee his safety and it would be advisable if he stayed away.  

Bazzas right boot
On 19/09/2020 at 10:00, kingantti1874 said:

Well put. 

The fact we have behaved like this and continue to do so despite all will probably piss of the top brass, and other clubs and fans more. 

On 18/09/2020 at 14:20, AndyNic said:

Couldn't give a **** what Hearts do now. Utter shower of ***** under this regime. 

Always amusing when someone comes on JKB to say this.

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yes, it’s Robbies decision and thats it but he more than most should know how important it is to have the fans onside. Did he not realise how we would react? There is a lot of anger waiting to express itself and Robbie needs to make sure he is not on the receiving end. 

Robbie will rightly take the view that this all happened when he was at a different club. When he came to Hearts he will have been given a remit. If that remit included building bridges with other clubs then he is only doing his job.

Are you suggesting that his remit on taking the job would be to work against all but about 5 clubs because I doubt that is the case...

Edited by Spellczech

Weakened Offender
On 16/09/2020 at 16:31, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Too many keyboard warriors on there 

I love this stuff. Folk getting rings run around them online, contenting their wee minds that the same thing couldn't happen in real life. 

Wee souls. 😊

Gorgie Boot boy
2 hours ago, Deevers said:

The Pandemic will help stop them getting verbal and a possible beating, some of the things they have said have been down right bullshit. We are there to be shot down being the biggest club in town, the idiots don't realize Hearts were looking to help them all. Let them enjoy the liberty s, hopeful at least one of them drops dead through being a dirty greedy fat *******.

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Very true but i'd urge unhappy fans not to start a feud with our manager as no good would come out of it. 

To be fair Ann's playing a blinder her. She's completely deflected from the "Ratner moment" with Streamgate 😂

5 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Based on his previous experience as manager, I should imagine that Robbie has decided to do what he considers is best for the club and ignore the moaners, who will never be satisfied.

Just now, OldGorgie said:

Based on his previous experience as manager, I should imagine that Robbie has decided to do what he considers is best for the club and ignore the moaners, who will never be satisfied.

Certainly not satisfied with being in the Championship helping out our chums in Paisley. 

Not apologising for moaning about that 🤷‍♂️

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

After the plane and bed sheets, I am sure he knows things like this will make that mobs head explode.

he'll be like...

robbie.jpg

Edited by Smith's right boot

5 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

For me the Brechin one isn't  fine. If the rules applied to the top three divisions had been applied all the way down Brechin might not even be in the league at all  

23 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

For me the Brechin one isn't  fine. If the rules applied to the top three divisions had been applied all the way down Brechin might not even be in the league at all  

To be fair they finished in a relegation play off position.  Every other club didn’t get relegated that ended up in the same position as them. 

1 hour ago, Shanks said:

To be fair they finished in a relegation play off position.  Every other club didn’t get relegated that ended up in the same position as them. 

They finished bottom, but agreed. But the pyramid system is part of the same rule book. 

Guest ToqueJambo
40 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

They finished bottom, but agreed. But the pyramid system is part of the same rule book. 

The pyramid system was arbitrarily abandoned, same as the other play-offs. One of many shocking decisions since March.

Guest ToqueJambo

Certainly not satisfied with being in the Championship helping out our chums in Paisley. 

Not apologising for moaning about that 🤷‍♂️

Robbie makes decisions based on football considerations and nothing else. That's why he'll probably play players you don't like as well. You're free to moan about it obviously but it's his job to do that.

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Robbie makes decisions based on football considerations and nothing else. That's why he'll probably play players you don't like as well. You're free to moan about it obviously but it's his job to do that.

Of course 😂

I just feel he should have been aware of the bigger picture when loaning Bobby. 

But we’ve been here before and it’s already exhausting. Wait til the season starts 😴