No self respect / backbone

Selkirkhmfc1874

5 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

Show me where I played with your words.

Your being cryptic and talking in complete and Utter riddles. I read your previous posts.

I have no idea exactly what you are getting at but you seem to be spending a hell of a lot of time “re quoting” what I previously said, and I am still asking the question, Why ?

You obviously don’t agree with something in terms of what I have said but I am struggling to decipher exactly what that is 

When I get to your last paragraph, at that point you are then going on on about current positions, and changing opinions, and blah blah, and then you have completely lost me at this point

If you have an issue with anything I have previously said just tell me exactly what it is, and I will give you a direct response in return 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

This is correct. If people who actually run the game (managers, directors, owners etc.) behaved towards each other the way that fans behave, or even worse, the way that fans express themselves on-line, (where it is 'hate, hate, hate' ad tedium) there would be no football, just a constant battle. 

Like it or not, football is a community and we have to get on. We fans can boo other teams and the SPFL officials all we like (given what happened over the past 6 months, that is perfectly justified), but we rely on these other teams to co-create something we are part of. If that means loaning a goalie to St. Mirren, so be it.

If Zlamal is going to let in a few Hibee goals, I'd rather he didn't do it playing for Hearts. 

Let’s hope Gordon is fit for the semi then 🤞🙏

Gorgie Boot boy
17 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Budge is on the record saying she would not have voted to end the league the way it was ended.

Anne Budge lost her seat on the SPFL board through her stance on league reconstruction. Levein damaged her reputation that currently exists in a lot of ways. Anne is honest and put herself up front . The abuse and savaging she takes is incredible when you take into account how the football business has changed with a new stand and other luxury's. The football department has been the failing at Hearts. Anne said she would of voted against any demotion , had nothing to do with league position. 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Let’s hope Gordon is fit for the semi then 🤞🙏

Ross Stewart will step in if Craig is injured, he looks fit and up for it in training . So Ross will have to fight it out.

3 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Anne Budge lost her seat on the SPFL board through her stance on league reconstruction. Levein damaged her reputation that currently exists in a lot of ways. Anne is honest and put herself up front . The abuse and savaging she takes is incredible when you take into account how the football business has changed with a new stand and other luxury's. The football department has been the failing at Hearts. Anne said she would of voted against any demotion , had nothing to do with league position. 

A fairly insignificant failing, unless you happen to be a football club.

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, leginten said:

A fairly insignificant failing, unless you happen to be a football club.

That most brutal experience in my life supporting following Hearts, the football was diabolical after Craig Levein had a heart attack. If he had stopped interfering we may of been able to steady our  footing and build a slow rate of improvement. He decided to panic and buy any decent name he could who had slight niggling injuries , Tempting them with One year deals on high out put with no need for the player to bother trying, just be kind of fit and hope for the best. This continued untill Anne had enough. Craig was on a separate contract and he served it out till it ended this year. He is actually a great servant for the Hearts cause. Made too many mistakes after his Heart attack. Thats it really. Onwards and Upwards.

Gorgie Boot boy

The football we will be seeing will be on a totally different level from any side we have seen for the last 14 years..

Winger who cross in swinging balls into the penalty spot. Can take corner and hit the same spot. Ball players who can take the ball into weak spots, lay into the strikers feet . Hearts are building a back bone onto the midfield. The defense is being pieced together and will have two new additions this week.

3 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

The football we will be seeing will be on a totally different level from any side we have seen for the last 14 years..

Winger who cross in swinging balls into the penalty spot. Can take corner and hit the same spot. Ball players who can take the ball into weak spots, lay into the strikers feet . Hearts are building a back bone onto the midfield. The defense is being pieced together and will have two new additions this week.

I don't know where you're getting your optimism, but I hope you're right.

I don't think anyone in the SPL outside the OF play that kind of football. But my view is it's the only way to ever have any chance of reaching a Euro group stage to earn some real money.

4 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

So there are two leaving then.......

Hickey and ?

Allowayjambo1874
5 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

What exactly are you basing that on other then blind optimism? You may be right, you may be wrong but passing these opinions as fact is bizarre.

Read posters saying the same thing about CL team with the excuse about players returning from injury, right up until the day he was sacked.

I can barely recall a transfer window where we haven’t brought in at least one player who was, being generous, not up to the standard required. 

Let’s wait until we have seen the first few games and the style of play/level of player we have brought in before gushing about the team eh?  

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

image.jpeg.8f57a37a0d7441a1366383ac918efa0c.jpeg

7 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Did you hear that standing outside a chippy ?

8 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Feel like I’ve stumbled onto the Chelsea forum by mistake.L 😁

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Give over ffs :rofl:

6 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

No Jim, they wouldn't. Welcome to the party... can't believe it's taken you this long to notice.

st.jpg

With your comments included, that would make a cracking flag

Edited by Baxfee

22 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

A wee disrepute charge heading Goodwin's way for daring to criticise Liewell's puppets

Yep... they'll punish him good and proper, for speaking the truth!

Can people not see that if the club goes all "Skrew all of you" about everything, then the drawbridges will come up in response and we'll never successfully buy a player in Scotland again? Such an attitude is totally self-defeating. It is fine for us to deny the other clubs and SFA our money as it is our right and we are free to be as petty and vindictive as we possibly can be - and I intend to be!. It just doesn't make any sense for the club to do likewise. Like I told my cat when he was young, "don't s-hit in your own bed". So now, on the odd occasion when he doesn't consider his toilet to be clean enough, he s-hits in my bed. I can't fault his sense, whereas I can fault the thinking of some on here...

I don't think many of us who are upset at the club's action deny that business will have to be done with other Scottish clubs, that is business and hopefully any transactions done are for our benefit, loaning a keeper to help out a club who voted to expel us and trolled us on their official social media site and also helping the spfl is totally different in my opinion!

19 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Perhaps the club should treat us season ticket holders with respect too!

You should get a season ticket for the zoo instead mate. I had one years ago when I had younger relatives and quite miss going along. A lot of the money goes towards breeding programmes and helping protect endangered species. The cafes inside are good and lots of good pubs in Corstorphine. You’d really like it. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

You should get a season ticket for the zoo instead mate. I had one years ago when I had younger relatives and quite miss going along. A lot of the money goes towards breeding programmes and helping protect endangered species. The cafes inside are good and lots of good pubs in Corstorphine. You’d really like it. 

And what has this got to do with the club ripping some season ticket holders off?

Just now, Natural Orders said:

And what has this got to do with the club ripping some season ticket holders off?

What did your post have to do with Zlamal being loaned to st mirren? It was you that mentioned season tickets, I was just being helpful pointing out there are other season ticket options and got rewarded with a snippy reply 😐

Just now, GinRummy said:

What did your post have to do with Zlamal being loaned to st mirren? It was you that mentioned season tickets, I was just being helpful pointing out there are other season ticket options and got rewarded with a snippy reply 😐

It’s to do with respect 

Just now, GinRummy said:

He was losing on the thread about streaming so he’s tried bring his fight onto this thread. Pathetic. 

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You don’t think you’re getting respect on one thread so you’ve moved to another?

Too many keyboard warriors on there 

Just now, Natural Orders said:

Too many keyboard warriors on there 

Not only that, people copying phrases they don’t really understand and just chucking them into the mix because they can’t think of anything to say for themselves. 

45 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

How could we do this again

We have dared to loan a player to Brechin City

Time for all and sundry to lose the head once more...loud enough when Zamal was sent on loan so lets hear you all again

https://www.brechincity.com/bcfc/p/n/2318

His name's Zlámal. Understandable though that in your burning desire to wind people up that you would forget the names of the players in the team you support.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
27 minutes ago, redjambo said:

His name's Zlámal. Understandable though that in your burning desire to wind people up that you would forget the names of the players in the team you support.

He’s a supporter of the regime. Big difference 

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He’s a supporter of the regime. Big difference 

I don't get your logic here at all, to be honest. Sounds like you're just having a pop at the very many who support the current régime, for no other reason.

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

How could we do this again

We have dared to loan a player to Brechin City

Time for all and sundry to lose the head once more...loud enough when Zamal was sent on loan so lets hear you all again

https://www.brechincity.com/bcfc/p/n/2318

Just need to loan players to Ayr , Raith and elgin now and we will have a full set. 

If we were still in the top flight, the club would be giving the entire Roseburn to the Old Firm and their cardboard fan cutouts and flags.

Edited by kila

26 minutes ago, kila said:

If we were still in the top flight, the club would be giving the entire Roseburn to the Old Firm and their cardboard fan cutouts and flags.

Only for the right price. 

Franksluckypants
17 hours ago, Blackshades said:

Just need to loan players to Ayr , Raith and elgin now and we will have a full set. 

Put it behind us and move forward like mature people rather than grudge bearing spiteful football fans to those that shafted us. Shat on by the SPFL/ SFA, now like being pished on by our own club! 

'Only Hearts' though...

15 hours ago, kila said:

At least we wouldn't have to listen to them, and ball boys and catering staff be in close proximity to them. It sounds like a marvellous idea for when we return to normal.

Having thought about this I have flipped my opinion completely, I heard a point on one of the podcasts which resonated a bit. (Apologies it May have been mentioned on the thread already but I’ve been avoiding)

All the way through the wrangle we maintained the position, that we would have done the right thing, that we’d have voted for reconstruction at our expense to ensure no team was punished. We insisted we would have looked beyond and worked in the interests of the game.  

Loaning Bobby is not about being a doormat, it’s about sticking to our word and retaining the high ground.  

none of the above undermines the beef that we the fans should hold.. but the club have done the right thing.