No self respect / backbone

Selkirkhmfc1874

9 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

There is a bit of me that thinks that there will come a point in time when we can really have a real opportunity to hurt clubs like St Midden. Vengeance hath no fury and all that 

Until that we play our cards close to our chest, keep our friends close, and our enemies closer. Having the element of surprise and not showing our hand and by giving the game away, by not releasing Zlamal, Could in a sense, scupper a real opportunity to really hurt them in the future, and if it presents itself - especially if their guard is down 

Nothing wrong with playing the long game 

See when all this comes to pass, is Scottish football still going to be corrupt from top to bottom? 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

5 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

See when all this comes to pass, is Scottish football still going to be corrupt from top to bottom? 

Unfortunately, Yes. 

Just now, Hearts1975 said:

Unfortunately, Yes. 

So it's a case of let's move on because we will get them down the road even though the whole thing is corrupt against us from top to bottom? 

We could always challengers for the most corrupt I guess. Not much chance but you never know how good at being scummy we might become.  

That's all there is folks.

That is the reality.

That is all we are being offered.

Those are the cold facts. 

There are those on here that are trying to dance everyone away from this reality. 

Don't let them.

9 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I didn’t see it as retribution for 1986, I saw it as retribution for 2020. 

86 has nothing to do with this and the fact it was St Mirren is neither here nor there.

Hearts helped those look better that have their boot on our neck and they are not taking that boot away. 

Haven’t read many of the previous posts but I can just imagine the carnage......which I can kinda understand.

However......like it or not we need to rebuild relationships with clubs as we will want to trade them with them again at some point in the future.

If we decide to hate everyone who didn’t agree with us and never do business with any of them again then we’ll evidently miss out. 

16 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

86 has nothing to do with this and the fact it was St Mirren is neither here nor there.

Hearts helped those look better that have their boot on our neck and they are not taking that boot away. 

86 and St. Mirren does make this worse for me but I agree with you, we helped a corrupt club and organisation who have hurt us badly recently and will do so again at every opportunity, this is black and white for me, there is no excuse which will change that! 

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

Haven’t read many of the previous posts but I can just imagine the carnage......which I can kinda understand.

However......like it or not we need to rebuild relationships with clubs as we will want to trade them with them again at some point in the future.

If we decide to hate everyone who didn’t agree with us and never do business with any of them again then we’ll evidently miss out. 

It's not just a question of disagreement, they are trying to force us out of business, think about that!

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, gator said:

86 and St. Mirren does make this worse for me but I agree with you, we helped a corrupt club and organisation who have hurt us badly recently and will do so again at every opportunity, this is black and white for me, there is no excuse which will change that! 

How many Clubs hurt Hearts more than Craig Levein ?

2 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

How many Clubs hurt Hearts more than Craig Levein ?

This may not be a popular opinion on here but I don't hate Levein, loved him as a player, he stayed on too long and made a mess of things as a manager but that has to do with management above him as well, that is a whole different discussion for another thread, and btw I like what I have heard from him in the media! Managers and players come and go within a club, problems and successes are internal! 

6 minutes ago, gator said:

This may not be a popular opinion on here but I don't hate Levein, loved him as a player, he stayed on too long and made a mess of things as a manager but that has to do with management above him as well, that is a whole different discussion for another thread, and btw I like what I have heard from him in the media! Managers and players come and go within a club, problems and successes are internal! 

Absolutely this. 

10 minutes ago, gator said:

It's not just a question of disagreement, they are trying to force us out of business, think about that!

That's a story in your head.  Where is the evidence that they wanted us out of business?  It was about self-preservation, in the same way that we'd likely have voted to end the season if it meant that we didn't go down.  

The reactions on here simply prove that paranoia isn't the exclusive domain of Celtic fans.

Gorgie Boot boy
5 minutes ago, gator said:

In recent times his name is heavily attached to the under achievements and the final humiliation of our club, i also have a regard for Craig that nothing seems to move. I do not hate either, it is more fact that he failed himself then Hearts. The right thing to do was take a back seat for a few years or just concentrate on Hearts best interests within the club. Anyway the subject has caused many heated debates that lead to rifts name calling. Craig is a great voice for Hearts in any media occasion. Just a shite bag manager second time round.

1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

In recent times his name is heavily attached to the under achievements and the final humiliation of our club, i also have a regard for Craig that nothing seems to move. I do not hate either, it is more fact that he failed himself then Hearts. The right thing to do was take a back seat for a few years or just concentrate on Hearts best interests within the club. Anyway the subject has caused many heated debates that lead to rifts name calling. Craig is a great voice for Hearts in any media occasion. Just a shite bag manager second time round.

Agree!

20 minutes ago, gator said:

Nobody tried to force us out of business.....when you start exaggerating in an attempt to bolster your argument your point of view is simply brushed aside.

3 minutes ago, EH11 said:

That's a story in your head.  Where is the evidence that they wanted us out of business?  It was about self-preservation, in the same way that we'd likely have voted to end the season if it meant that we didn't go down.  

The reactions on here simply prove that paranoia isn't the exclusive domain of Celtic fans.

So you haven't followed events from Good Friday on? About to go for my daily mountain bike ride, will leave you with one question, do you think without the FOH and our expulsion to a league that barely exists and our expenses that our existence wouldn't be in peril? Let's discuss this further sometime, I don't think it's paranoia!

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, gator said:

So you haven't followed events from Good Friday on? About to go for my daily mountain bike ride, will leave you with one question, do you think without the FOH and our expulsion to a league that barely exists and our expenses that our existence wouldn't be in peril? Let's discuss this further sometime, I don't think it's paranoia!

There is no right or wrong on either side here, the governing bodies put this on our plate. After we had made an absolute art form of throwing away games with poor decisions  Eat it up shit it out wipe away the evidence and move onwards to the next pie and bovril in Tynie.

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

What business have we ever done with St Mirren?

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, gator said:

Spot on. Look at the difference in slightly different circumstances in loaning Doyle to Killie. 

44 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What business have we ever done with St Mirren?

Moving Zlamal to St Mirren obviously suits us......we are trying to move him on and we think this might encourage him. 

Don’t cut-off your nose to spite your face.........

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Moving Zlamal to St Mirren obviously suits us......we are trying to move him on and we think this might encourage him. 

Except we've now effectively ruled him out of playing for us if that's the case because if he plays for us now he can't move in January.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

For a week? Where they’re likely to lose over ten goals? He won’t get the same  wages anywhere else, his wife loves Edinburgh, he’s unlikely to move, oh and he’s awful. Even Killie went for a git lower down the packing order. If anyone wanted him, they would’ve been in already.

Neilson has misjudged the mood of the fans, if you had bothered your arse to read even a fraction of the four threads discussing this you would know that. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Except we've now effectively ruled him out of playing for us if that's the case because if he plays for us now he can't move in January.

Exactly 

5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Wow.......

We sign the Livi reserve gk and put him ahead of Zlamal......his time at Hearts is over and we’re encouraging him to leave.

Its not exactly rocket science ffs.

7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Fair point, unless there's an alterior motive to move him on soon.

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Wow.......

We sign the Livi reserve gk and put him ahead of Zlamal......his time at Hearts is over and we’re encouraging him to leave.

Its not exactly rocket science ffs.

We have a first choice keeper whose injury record in the recent past isn't very good. Our second choice may get a decent amount of playing time. If the 3rd choice Livi keeper is competent then fine but he's the 3rd choice for Livi, FFS! Zlamal isn't very good but I'd still take him over a Lee Hollis, for example. The Livi guy could be on Hollis' level for all we know.

georgiehearts66
1 hour ago, EH11 said:

Very necessary to be said and repeated.

24 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

We have a first choice keeper whose injury record in the recent past isn't very good. Our second choice may get a decent amount of playing time. If the 3rd choice Livi keeper is competent then fine but he's the 3rd choice for Livi, FFS! Zlamal isn't very good but I'd still take him over a Lee Hollis, for example. The Livi guy could be on Hollis' level for all we know.

I’m pretty certain Neilson and his staff and JJ know what they are doing here.

6 hours ago, David Black said:

We could have politely said no to them. Even the SPFL cannot force clubs to send a player out on loan. If that is the case then we have helped out the SPFL more than St Mirren.

Spfl can totally xxxx off and st midden !   🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻never deal with these c....s again hearts......either of them....🐀🐀🐀

3 hours ago, gator said:

Hay you. Get back here. Look at the mess you left behind. 😉

3 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

There is no right or wrong on either side here, the governing bodies put this on our plate. After we had made an absolute art form of throwing away games with poor decisions  Eat it up shit it out wipe away the evidence and move onwards to the next pie and bovril in Tynie.

56 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

Hay you. Get back here. Look at the mess you left behind. 😉

I think we agree that just moving on isn't a viable option, what's next?

7 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

So it's a case of let's move on because we will get them down the road even though the whole thing is corrupt against us from top to bottom? 

We could always challengers for the most corrupt I guess. Not much chance but you never know how good at being scummy we might become.  

That is the reality.

There are those on here that are trying to dance everyone away from this reality. 

Don't let them.

FFS - Here's the reality 

I don't need anyone to tell me how corrupt our so called ruling body is, nor to the levels of retaliation we could offer. If you think it would have caused St Midden/SPFL a real issue, that they couldn't weasel out of, and by us by saying no, then we obviously have differing views on what would be suitable in terms of retaliation  

I have since heard all the stories about what happened and who initiated initial contact on the loan, and everything from the SPFL asking us for a keeper to help out, to AB going directly to Fitzpatrick and bypassing Neilson, so on the basis of the various scenario's, let me make my current position crystal clear 

1/ If Goodwin phoned Robbie and asked him to loan a keeper and RN thought it would get him some games, in the shop window, whatever the f... The reason was, I don't have an issue with it whatsoever - provided he thought it contained some type of benefit for us 

2/ If RN was asked by Goodwin to loan the keeper and RN did it knowing their was nothing in it for us, and it was essentially a favour to St Midden, then I have an issue with this 

3/ If the SPFL came cap in hand and asked RN or anyone else at the club to help and accommodate their situation, then I would very much have a serious issue with this  

RN said it was because of Point 1 - Unless someone has evidence of RN lying or actually doing this as a favour to St Midden, I don't personally get what all the rage is about. 

Just because I am not pishing my frillies at us loaning out a 3rd rate inconsistent brain fart of a goalkeeper, to a shite immoral institution, doesn't mean that I don't hold the same loathe and contempt for these clubs as anyone else. 

Guest ToqueJambo
16 hours ago, Big Doug said:

I understand peoples feeling, but the vote to end the league was a business decision, which we would have taken in their position too.  Loaning them Bobby is football decision, 2 decisions taken for very different reasons.

Budge is on the record saying she would not have voted to end the league the way it was ended.

Guest ToqueJambo
13 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

The way I see it is that the 'Only Hearts' stance has already been fumbled by Hearts & it's yet another wasted opportunity under Budge for the club to show a bit more of a harder edge. This time though it's almost unanimously hacked off the entire support.

Until she's gone you can expect more of the same. Can't wait to see the photos of her & bestie Dempster having a good laugh at the semi final, I honestly doubt it would surprise anyone.

We've literally just spent months fighting the SPFL and the whole of Scottish football in and out of the courts. We never backed down at any point.

29 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Budge is on the record saying she would not have voted to end the league the way it was ended.

Yes, another poster also mentioned he thought we would have voted to end the league if we weren't in a relegation position out of our own self interest, I don't agree with that, I think AB would have tried to work out a solution where no one is harmed! Unfortunately the majority of the clubs have come out strongly in favour of their own self interest during the time of a pandemic and have displayed how cutthroat they are, AB or whoever may run the club in the future will be wise to do the same!

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

FFS - Here's the reality 

I don't need anyone to tell me how corrupt our so called ruling body is, nor to the levels of retaliation we could offer. If you think it would have caused St Midden/SPFL a real issue, that they couldn't weasel out of, and by us by saying no, then we obviously have differing views on what would be suitable in terms of retaliation  

I have since heard all the stories about what happened and who initiated initial contact on the loan, and everything from the SPFL asking us for a keeper to help out, to AB going directly to Fitzpatrick and bypassing Neilson, so on the basis of the various scenario's, let me make my current position crystal clear 

1/ If Goodwin phoned Robbie and asked him to loan a keeper and RN thought it would get him some games, in the shop window, whatever the f... The reason was, I don't have an issue with it whatsoever - provided he thought it contained some type of benefit for us 

2/ If RN was asked by Goodwin to loan the keeper and RN did it knowing their was nothing in it for us, and it was essentially a favour to St Midden, then I have an issue with this 

3/ If the SPFL came cap in hand and asked RN or anyone else at the club to help and accommodate their situation, then I would very much have a serious issue with this  

RN said it was because of Point 1 - Unless someone has evidence of RN lying or actually doing this as a favour to St Midden, I don't personally get what all the rage is about. 

Just because I am not pishing my frillies at us loaning out a 3rd rate inconsistent brain fart of a goalkeeper, to a shite immoral institution, doesn't mean that I don't hold the same loathe and contempt for these clubs as anyone else. 

So, “I since heard plus, three if’s” is far from reality is it not.  Facts or opinions?

Edited by highlandjambo3

11 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

So, “I since heard plus, three if’s” is far from reality is it not?

I read what Robbie Neilson said as to why he loaned out Zlamal. Over the last few pages there are a few posts now suggesting different scenarios around “Why” Zlamal was actually loaned out, including being done as a favour to accomodate St Midden or the SPFL. This was news to me.

I thought we Made the decision to sanction the loan, not to accomodate anyone else, but because it actually suited us to do so. 

I am just being clear in saying I don’t have an issue with it as long as we weren’t doing it to curry favour, build bridges, or whatever else you want to call it. 

2 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

FFS - Here's the reality 

I think that’s fair enough. I kind of hope the truth was #3 so we can have a right food seethe 😂

A few days on I can see why Robbie wants to maintain relationships with other managers. This, plus the friendly, was a way of doing that. 

People involved in the game simply aren’t as tribal as us. 

40 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think that’s fair enough. I kind of hope the truth was #3 so we can have a right food seethe 😂

A few days on I can see why Robbie wants to maintain relationships with other managers. This, plus the friendly, was a way of doing that. 

Food seethes tend to get very messy. ☺️

4 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

FFS - Here's the reality 

brain fart, love it.😀, aye its a carry on bud, we should have chased them.

Ex member of the SaS

It's all well and good having a relationship with other clubs, BUT the club has to keep the fans onside too. This decision was flawed from the start. IF any club winds up our support it's THEM. If any club should have been told to bolt it's THEM. My hatred of a club  is split between Them and you know who. Even the Bigot twins are down the league as far as THEY are concerned.

3 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

So, “I since heard plus, three if’s” is far from reality is it not.  Facts or opinions?

The reality was what RN said which was the fact.The scenarios were clearly Followed by opinions based on such. Did you struggle with the simplistic nature of that post ? 

highlandjambo3
21 minutes ago, Dazo said:

The reality was what RN said which was the fact.The scenarios were clearly Followed by opinions based on such. Did you struggle with the simplistic nature of that post ? 

Yes.....I I sometimes find it difficult to string a 

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

This is correct. If people who actually run the game (managers, directors, owners etc.) behaved towards each other the way that fans behave, or even worse, the way that fans express themselves on-line, (where it is 'hate, hate, hate' ad tedium) there would be no football, just a constant battle. 

Like it or not, football is a community and we have to get on. We fans can boo other teams and the SPFL officials all we like (given what happened over the past 6 months, that is perfectly justified), but we rely on these other teams to co-create something we are part of. If that means loaning a goalie to St. Mirren, so be it.

If Zlamal is going to let in a few Hibee goals, I'd rather he didn't do it playing for Hearts. 

Edited by 4marsbars

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

If its #3, he isn't doing himself any favors whatsoever :thumbsup:.

Would hope this is just idle speculation. 

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

brain fart, love it.😀, aye its a carry on bud, we should have chased them.

👍🙂

1 hour ago, 4marsbars said:

This is correct. If people who actually run the game (managers, directors, owners etc.) behaved towards each other the way that fans behave, or even worse, the way that fans express themselves on-line, (where it is 'hate, hate, hate' ad tedium) there would be no football, just a constant battle. 

Like it or not, football is a community and we have to get on. We fans can boo other teams and the SPFL officials all we like (given what happened over the past 6 months, that is perfectly justified), but we rely on these other teams to co-create something we are part of. If that means loaning a goalie to St. Mirren, so be it.

If Zlamal is going to let in a few Hibee goals, I'd rather he didn't do it playing for Hearts. 

Neil Doncaster, Peter Lawell & John Nelms say "hello!". 

17 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

That is the reality.

Don't let them.

You said we should move on and get them later. I then asked you if it would all still be corrupt later when we go to get them, you said yes. I then posted the above post. Then you posted the reply below.

8 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

FFS - Here's the reality 

I don't need anyone to tell me how corrupt our so called ruling body is,

Right here is where any relevance to my post ended. You then went on to say we had differing views on something I did not give my view on so as to turn it all into an opinion as apposed to the point of my post being facts. I get the feeling that you don't want the truth to count for us and would rather detract from the facts as you tried to do with the facts I put forward.   

Someone else pointed out that you then went on to give us all the same old stuff that could be this, that, or the next thing that had nothing to do with my post. 

There is a name for those that do that. It is not a swear word nor has it to do with the team you support. 

8 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

nor to the levels of retaliation we could offer. If you think it would have caused St Midden/SPFL a real issue, that they couldn't weasel out of, and by us by saying no, then we obviously have differing views on what would be suitable in terms of retaliation  

Current Position :interehjrling:

Have you changed your opinion? Is there something that would have you change your current position?   

When I found out what had happened I had time to think it through. That all happened on day one of this. I knew then that there is only one thing that would change my position on this and that would be if it hadn't happened. 

14 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

You said we should move on and get them later. I then asked you if it would all still be corrupt later when we go to get them, you said yes. I then posted the above post. Then you posted the reply below.

Right here is where any relevance to my post ended. You then went on to say we had differing views on something I did not give my view on so as to turn it all into an opinion as apposed to the point of my post being facts. I get the feeling that you don't want the truth to count for us and would rather detract from the facts as you tried to do with the facts I put forward.   

Someone else pointed out that you then went on to give us all the same old stuff that could be this, that, or the next thing that had nothing to do with my post. 

There is a name for those that do that. It is not a swear word nor has it to do with the team you support. 

Current Position :interehjrling:

Have you changed your opinion? Is there something that would have you change your current position?   

When I found out what had happened I had time to think it through. That all happened on day one of this. I knew then that there is only one thing that would change my position on this and that would be if it hadn't happened. 

A few other posters got exactly what I was saying chief. You obviously aren’t. I will leave it at that.

You want to take what I was saying, and then play around with my words to create your own meanings, and to suit whatever you want to hear, then bash on. 

21 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

A few other posters got exactly what I was saying chief. You obviously aren’t. I will leave it at that.

You want to take what I was saying, and then play around with my words to create your own meanings, and to suit whatever you want to hear, then bash on. 

Show me where I played with your words.