No self respect / backbone

Selkirkhmfc1874

23 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

So a club comes in offers us acceptable money for a player and we say no because some fans have become all precious about who we can deal with

We do not live in your world of the moral high ground

The pennies have to be counted and if it suits us that is the measuring stick not whether some fans don't like it

It may seem harsh but that is simply todays reality

What money was offered?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

21 minutes ago, vamborules said:

I don't often post and have not for a long long time, but I feel some of the comments are so emotive which I suppose that is what football is all about.

So, the way I see it is that Hearts have been shafted up, down, in and out over the last year, by people, and football clubs who are so up their backsides and full of self interest they can't see the big picture.

In my view, in this situation (and always) Hearts have acted in a professional manner, a manner in which all the SPFL clubs should have acted but didn't. It is always the case that you shouldn't lower yourself to the level of those that acted against you.

Hearts have shown professionalism and dignity in offering a fellow team help, which has now been acknowledged on the main platform (BBC Sportsound), a platform where some of the pundits have previously made some disgraceful and childish comments.

I believe Hearts have acted as they should, as the third biggest team in Scotland, with professionalism, dignity and with their fellow teams and players as part of the whole organisation. By acting this way, the typical reactions of the small minded people within the governing body and those who run the other league teams will be highlighted even more.

Thanks

Budge tried to act morally and professionally when she wanted to improve Scottish football for the good of all - and she was kicked off the SPFL Board at the first opportunity.

Budge tried to act morally and professionally by trying to develop a close working relationship with Leanne Dempster - and Hibs shit on us at the first opportunity.

Budge tried to act morally and professionally by chairing the SPFL working party on league reconstruction - and she was shit on and ridiculed by fellow Clubs.

You may feel we are the shining light of Scottish football, but all other clubs and fans think we are their whipping boys and a soft touch!

Time to fight back.

10 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Decisions like the loan deal will cost the club money. That's the reality of "some fans don't like it".

Absolutely. And contrary to a poster above, there is nothing professional about acting in a way that fails to understand your customers.

2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

If it was Robbie then seriously GTF 

this is a serious matter and up there with his money spinner comment. 

Isn’t Neilson from Paisley? 

wattie exploited

the only plus side is lets face it he is a shit goalie and st mirren will lose heavily all the games with him in goals that has to be a plus and at the end of the season and they get relegated  by say all the games they lost with him in goals even better on goal difference its a win win so then Robbie will be better thought off than just a C@nt for lending him to them anyway its just a better way of looking at this huge mistake life,s to short to get annoyed with these K@nts !!!!!!!:rifle:

The folk complete ly raging about this just don't understand football as a business.

What happens if we completely burn bridges with every club in Scotland? You think we will be able to buy their players, and send our youngsters out on loan etc with clubs that hate us?

We the fans can play our part by not taking up tickets and I hope that we do but the show must go on when you're running a club I'm afraid.

At the end of the day it was Bobby ****ing Zlamal.

downunder jambo

The Aberdeen and Celtic games were effectively called off by the Government. It is clear that if Government hadn't stepped in the SPFL would have gone ahead with those games. Government stepped in then because football had shown itself incapable of sticking to the rules and allowing it to carry on regardless would have risked undermining public confidence in the overall approach to coronavirus restrictions. The St Mirren case is different. Everyone accepts that even when following the protocols some players will still catch the virus. The SPFL know they can't get into a situation where when a couple of players test positive they cancel games or they will struggle to finish the season.

Ah, didn't realise it was the Govt that called those games off.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

What money was offered?

Perhaps if you read the post again you might follow that it is a scenario re the money...a what if if you wish

However you could say we have been given money to allow Bobby to temporarily transfer as an example

2 minutes ago, Homme said:

The folk complete ly raging about this just don't understand football as a business.

What happens if we completely burn bridges with every club in Scotland? You think we will be able to buy their players, and send our youngsters out on loan etc with clubs that hate us?

We the fans can play our part by not taking up tickets and I hope that we do but the show must go on when you're running a club I'm afraid.

We didn't burn the bridges. Every other club

burnt them. It's not our job to rebuild them.

The club is so far out of touch with the fans its scary! If this was neilsons idea then he is also out of touch with the support.

Extremely dissapointed doesn't even begin to cover my feelings about this.

I still fail to see what the positives are ? 

Rubbish decision.

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Budge tried to act morally and professionally when she wanted to improve Scottish football for the good of all - and she was kicked off the SPFL Board at the first opportunity.

Budge tried to act morally and professionally by trying to develop a close working relationship with Leanne Dempster - and Hibs shit on us at the first opportunity.

Budge tried to act morally and professionally by chairing the SPFL working party on league reconstruction - and she was shit on and ridiculed by fellow Clubs.

You may feel we are the shining light of Scottish football, but all other clubs and fans think we are their whipping boys and a soft touch!

Time to fight back.

Totally agree with everything said and I hope we keep the 'professional' stance but also have an edge that pushes back on the small minded people that run the organisation(s). This is where Andrew McKinlay will be positioned, where he can use his 'diplomacy' to put Hearts views forward. I suppose the only thing is that all I've said is negated by the snakelike, underhand and double daggered way the league 'authorities' and some of the teams committee reps have acted.

Heart of Darkness
4 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

the only plus side is lets face it he is a shit goalie and st mirren will lose heavily all the games with him in goals that has to be a plus and at the end of the season and they get relegated  by say all the games they lost with him in goals even better on goal difference its a win win so then Robbie will be better thought off than just a C@nt for lending him to them anyway its just a better way of looking at this huge mistake life,s to short to get annoyed with these K@nts !!!!!!!:rifle:

Yeah them getting relegated due to the 16 goals conceded in our goalie's 3 games could be our clubs saving grace Wattie!!

Fn hilarious as well!! 😆😆😆

Are people really saying that if St Mirren had made a bid to take Damour (for example) off our hands and they really wanted him that we should say no just to spite them? 

Are all transfers off with clubs in Scotland except with partick and Inverness? 

This obviously suited us and its not as if St mirren would have played without a goalie if we hadn't have agreed to the deal. They had 27 available goalies to choose from apparently. 

Edited by Bill Bones

12 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

We didn't burn the bridges. Every other club

burnt them. It's not our job to rebuild them.

Correct 👍🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

28 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Indeed. A 7 day loan will save us one week's wages of one player but cause others to pause before spending their hard-earned with the club.

First, I'm not happy loaning that s**** anybody!  But:

Second, toys out the pram from some on here and if any Hearts supporter is even thinking of stopping contributions to FoH or supporting the Club you can take a running **** at yourself.

Third, it was obviously purely a football decision, as said, giving Zamal game time and a bit of cash for the coffers.  All Budge and Neilson are interested in is winning this league.

That is what we should be obsessed with not this fizzy pop futility of spouting off.  Expected from some of the posters on here but there are a few who should know better.  

The way to get our "revenge" is to tank the league and, if and when supporters are allowed back into grounds starve them of away support cash.

I'll guarantee there's a good few who are spouting off who will be at these away games.

Grow up - and that's particularly aimed at those who fall into these two categories.

1 hour ago, vamborules said:

I don't often post and have not for a long long time, but I feel some of the comments are so emotive which I suppose that is what football is all about.

So, the way I see it is that Hearts have been shafted up, down, in and out over the last year, by people, and football clubs who are so up their backsides and full of self interest they can't see the big picture.

In my view, in this situation (and always) Hearts have acted in a professional manner, a manner in which all the SPFL clubs should have acted but didn't. It is always the case that you shouldn't lower yourself to the level of those that acted against you.

Hearts have shown professionalism and dignity in offering a fellow team help, which has now been acknowledged on the main platform (BBC Sportsound), a platform where some of the pundits have previously made some disgraceful and childish comments.

I believe Hearts have acted as they should, as the third biggest team in Scotland, with professionalism, dignity and with their fellow teams and players as part of the whole organisation. By acting this way, the typical reactions of the small minded people within the governing body and those who run the other league teams will be highlighted even more.

Thanks

Nice post. 

Probably not advisable to post against the grain here tho, you'll be accused of being hibs in no time. 

Grown men throwing a tantrum over a 1 or 2 week loan makes quite amusing reading. 

WheatfieldWarrior
11 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

That makes it even worse. It does not benefit us 1 bit mate.

I don't like it, but I think it's in our interest for as many of the league games as possible to go ahead, so there are no excuses if we have to go back into lockdown.

I am not getting or feeling the seethe with this one (tbh)

St Midden - 86 - team is full of Septic supporting turds - hadn’t lost by more than 2 goals in each game they played up till that point. They threw that last game for clearly obvious reasons 

They are a shitty corrupt little club that bear no significance at all. It would be nice to see them liquidised or go bust. Wouldn’t bother me in the slightest if this happened. Despised them before we loaned Bobby to them and that hasn’t changed 

However, 2 points. I really don’t see how loaning out big Bobby is a kick in the “teeth” for how folk are feeling. Boycott their ground - absolutely. And the other clubs. 100% with this.

I mean, are we saying that we don’t do anything with all clubs that voted to expel us and I mean specifically with any type of player movement. If we get pissy with every other club and make it obvious why, it won’t benefit us in the long run - that’s the main reason I don’t think it would make sense to say no (all the time)

Take for example at some point in the future off loading a shite player on our wage bill and watch one of these clubs take him off our hands and he turns out to be absolutely rank. That’s an opportunity for us and that we should keep available (if it presents itself)

It’s the SPFL that has lost all credibility - not our club.

If Bobby gets a few games, he gets a few games. If we said no to St Midden, would it really have hurt them as much as we think ? They would have just went out and got someone else anyway 

I’m all for fan boycotts and pumping the same money that is saved from away days into the club. It’s a great idea and shows exactly to these same clubs that voted against us that it will never ever be forgotten by the fans, that by what they did/showed, will be met with retribution and financial retribution - on a large scale.

At the same time I have no issue with anyone wanting to still go to away games to support the club. However, folk mentioning that they would contribute to the club instead and forgo these same away trips - absolutely, salute all of you. 

Let the club do what it needs to do in terms of player movement (and, for our own selfish reasons) and let the fans create their own merry hell against these same clubs 

Just my opinion 

wattie exploited
34 minutes ago, Heart of Darkness said:

Yeah them getting relegated due to the 16 goals conceded in our goalie's 3 games could be our clubs saving grace Wattie!!

Fn hilarious as well!! 😆😆😆

indeed mate :HeartsManspotrun:

45 minutes ago, Homme said:

Yes and the same people who wanted Levein out got told to pipe down because they didn’t understand football.  BKB: 

Edited by Last Laff

Geoff Kilpatrick
18 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Second, toys out the pram from some on here and if any Hearts supporter is even thinking of stopping contributions to FoH or supporting the Club you can take a running **** at yourself.

Third, it was obviously purely a football decision, as said, giving Zamal game time and a bit of cash for the coffers.  All Budge and Neilson are interested in is winning this league.

That is what we should be obsessed with not this fizzy pop futility of spouting off.  Expected from some of the posters on here but there are a few who should know better.  

The way to get our "revenge" is to tank the league and, if and when supporters are allowed back into grounds starve them of away support cash.

I'll guarantee there's a good few who are spouting off who will be at these away games.

Grow up - and that's particularly aimed at those who fall into these two categories.

Not sure why you picked my post to demonstrate your usual anger but I'm sure that if BBC Scotland had sardonically laughed at #onlyhearts over this action, your reaction might be different. :rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Colin, It was neither the time nor the place. Fizzy pop futility? Above all, I took pride in what Hearts were. I do not take pride in what has become of us. Take a step back. I know you know there are more important things that winning. 

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

Thanks Iain.  Just wondering where you stand on the issue of how the 2 FoH reps on the HMFC board should act on sudden football issues like  this Zlamal event. As I see it, 4 possible options -

a) Not a board matter, purely up to Robbie - FoH reps explain this to membership via simple email

b) Not a board matter, purely up to Robbie - FoH reps stay silent

c) Board required to approve or reject a proposed action - FoH reps vote on their own instinct, and stay silent even in the face of fan anger.

d) Board required to approve or reject a proposed  action - FoH reps vote on their own instinct, and prepare a justification statement to the membership explaining  how they voted.

Given the tone of some posts on here today, clear and regular communication to the members about football decisions would go a long way to reducing anger/frustration (imo).    So options a  and   d   above for me.    

My personal view would be c. 

Given the way we've been treated by certain clubs,  I'd expect all transfers in / out (including loans) to be subject to Board approval. Remember,  Robbie Neilson was in the "opposite corner"  when we were getting royally shafted,  so I've no idea whether he feels the same indignation as most of us do about that. Someone should've stepped in and said "this won't go down well -  don't do it"  IMO. 

Having said that,  I wouldn't want the FoH reps to do their dirty washing in  public. 

The Board have to take collective responsibility for the way the club is run. 

Who should we play friendlies against in the coming weeks ?

I was and still am as pi$$3d of as anyone regarding how last season and demotion went .  

Shall fans now pick our friendlies and who we loan player's to

Or shall we accept last 5 years was completely crap  and now we need to rebuild

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Who should we play friendlies against in the coming weeks ?

I was and still am as pi$$3d of as anyone regarding how last season and demotion went .  

Shall fans now pick our friendlies and who we loan player's to

Or shall we accept last 5 years was completely crap  and now we need to rebuild

So you are saying that if we hadn't loaned Zlamal then no one would play friendlies against us?

What has playing a competitive match got to do with helping out clubs with players. 

Answer is not connected. 

I'd be happy to play hibs right now in a friendly.  If they asked for a loan of a player the answer would be no, but you can buy them, for a significant price. 

Business. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, hearts00 said:

Hard to disagree. Someone, or more than one party, has completely misjudged this. 

The supporters are sick to the back teeth of abject failure and the pathetic mentality at our club for four seasons now. Soft losers is the only way to describe it. 

Robbie completely misjudged it before with an awful comment after throwing away a two goal lead at home. He never recovered from it. 

He’s completely misjudged it again. 

Spot on. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

So a club comes in offers us acceptable money for a player and we say no because some fans have become all precious about who we can deal with

The pennies have to be counted and if it suits us that is the measuring stick not whether some fans don't like it

We received no fee whatsoever for this.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, vamborules said:

Thanks

The moral high ground in a nest of vipers sees us demoted and out of pocket to the tune of £6-8m. I’m going to throw this out there, were you a fan of Levein by any chance?

34 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So you are saying that if we hadn't loaned Zlamal then no one would play friendlies against us?

Who do the fans want to play friendlies against?

If it's only teams that fans are ok with then we have a very short list.

That's what I was trying to say

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

We didn’t receive a fee at all, would we be happy if he faces them

again in the semi after today?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, jambocub said:

Who do the fans want to play friendlies against?

If it's only teams that fans are ok with then we have a very short list.

That's what I was trying to say

Teams that didn’t vote to demote us?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Bill Bones said:

Are people really saying that if St Mirren had made a bid to take Damour (for example) off our hands and they really wanted him that we should say no just to spite them? 

Are all transfers off with clubs in Scotland except with partick and Inverness? 

This obviously suited us and its not as if St mirren would have played without a goalie if we hadn't have agreed to the deal. They had 27 available goalies to choose from apparently. 

What good did loaning them Zlamal for free do us? Zero, zilch, nada. Unless it benefits us **** the teams that voted to demote us, it’s that simple. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Teams that didn’t vote to demote us?

And that leaves us how many team's?

Who are we allowed to sell players to ?

And who's actually willing to accept that the biggest problem we had last season and the previous few seasons were of our own doing ?

2 hours ago, vamborules said:

Thanks

This!

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, jambocub said:

And that leaves us how many team's?

Who are we allowed to sell players to ?

And who's actually willing to accept that the biggest problem we had last season and the previous few seasons were of our own doing ?

Sell players to anyone. 
Loan or buy players from/to Rangers, ICT, Falkirk,East Fife,Partick,Stranraer,Edinburgh City. 
When possible only visit these teams. 
Look after ourselves like the others have. 
Never ever forget the millions that the utter charlatan who had control over every  single football decision that was made. 
Is that clear enough?

If that Paisley Hun ***** in the managers office doesn’t understand this he can take his awful managerial record against Hibs and get to ****.

Edited by Pasquale for King

2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

wtf.  Something maybe about having morales and backing the supporters who plough in £150,000 a month

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Your source for this info?

It was detailed earlier on in the thread, you have any proof we did? Even if we did a weeks wages weighed up against making a stand against a club revelling in our demise and possibly making the SPFL postpone the game, forcing a fixture pile up for Hibs before we play them? Can you think of any positive for the club in this decision?

Edited by Pasquale for King

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was detailed earlier on in the thread, you have any proof we did? Even if we did a weeks wages weighed up against making a stand against a club revelling in our demise and possibly making the SPFL postpone the game, forcing a fixture pile up for Hibs before we play them? Can you think of any positive for the club in this decision?

Like you I have absolutely no proof. In saying that I would think it very unlikely any loan deal would be free to the club being loaned to. Particularly when they need a player in under 24 hours. It would tend to put the lending club in quite a strong bargaining position. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
3 hours ago, leginten said:

If you had predicted on here a couple of months ago that in early September we would be bending over backwards to assist one of the clubs which gleefully shafted us - when we’re under absolutely no obligation to do so - you’d have been ridiculed. And rightly so.

im not surprised in the slightest - absolutely text book hearts under queen Ann

wouldnt surprise me if hibs beat us in the semi-final if queen ann’s falling over herself to congratulate them (again) while making some comment about how great it is that there’s representation from Edinburgh in another final

meanwhile prof neilson will think he’s made up for it by winning an all but meaningless 3-points in the following game against a bunch of plumbers and candlestick makers

the new ceo guy has also had a shocker - his opening statement was akin to now that our bottoms have healed a bit it’s important we try and be friends with the shafters

appointed by budge can’t say I’m surprised at that either

Pasquale for King
Just now, davemclaren said:

Like you I have absolutely no proof. In saying that I would think it very unlikely any loan deal would be free to the club being loaned to. Particularly when they need a player in under 24 hours. It would tend to put the lending club in quite a strong bargaining position. 

Fee or not the club and the manager have misjudged the feelings of the fans at a time when we are pumping in more cash than ever, we’ve lost more over the next few days than any fee that’s been paid. Symptomatic of the disgraceful and extremely costly decisions made by the club as a whole over the last few years, so much for a new beginning. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

im not surprised in the slightest - absolutely text book hearts under queen Ann

wouldnt surprise me if hibs beat us in the semi-final if queen ann’s falling over herself to congratulate them (again) while making some comment about how great it is that there’s representation from Edinburgh in another final

meanwhile prof neilson will think he’s made up for it by winning an all but meaningless 3-points in the following game against a bunch of plumbers and candlestick makers

the new ceo guy has also had a shocker - his opening statement was akin to now that our bottoms have healed a bit it’s important we try and be friends with the shafters

appointed by budge can’t say I’m surprised at that either

Spot on. 

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sell players to anyone. 
Loan or buy players from/to Rangers, ICT, Falkirk,East Fife,Partick,Stranraer,Edinburgh City. 
When possible only visit these teams. 
Look after ourselves like the others have. 
Never ever forget the millions that the utter charlatan who had control over every  single football decision that was made. 
Is that clear enough?

If that Paisley Hun ***** in the managers office doesn’t understand this he can take his awful managerial record against Hibs and get to ****.

Do we only visit these teams forever?

Or just when it suits certain fans on here ?

Do we no attend cup games v these other teams 

Should we never take any fans to easter Rd again?

Never attended Scottish cup games unless it's against the 7 teams mentioned?

We've loaned a team one of the worst goalies we've ever had ,a keeper who helped us sit bottom of the league and one that nobody would care if he left the club on a free transfer tomorrow

Hardly worth spitting the dummy out the pram for

7 hours ago, Peakybunnet said:

If we had beat St Mirren they would have been relegated on goal difference. Would we have been lobbying for the season to be.played out?

Would we bullocks. 

Let's regroup and.play ourselves back into where we should be instead.of  feeling.sorry for.ourself.and blaming.everybody else. We are.better than that..

I think that is a fundamental question you ask although there was never really a lobby to play it out sadly? Would Ann have voted for reconstruction if we had beaten St Mirren? I think she probably would have, obviously just a guess, but that's my guess. She is consistent in her approach and I applaud her for it. 

5 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

This is a good post but rather like a wife whose husband enjoys the company of another, how long do we continue to ‘do the right thing?’

Enoughs enough in my opinion. There’s a fine line between acting with dignity and professionalism, and being a soft touch

We are, in my opinion, a soft touch

One other thing. We’ve also bailed out the SPFL in my mind, following their crazy judgement that the game should go ahead

That decision will be quickly forgotten by all,  including Bobbys new temporary club 

What is the biggest threat to our promotion? An incomplete premiership with no relegation? Maybe we will see a lot more of these loans as we try and keep the fixtures being played? I write this with respect to the Championship teams who I imagine will make life extremely tricky for us. 

8 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

Well played.

Three years ago Hearts voted not to have an investigation into how the people that were running Scottish football did nothing about the cheating that they knew rangers were up to. 

Let's just move on. 

As for one or two other posters.

Posting a clown face to my post showed that poster up as a clown. Then there was the clown that jumped in with the clown faced bully. If they were clever they would have asked what the above poster had asked. Truth is, I have to ask questions about any Hearts supporter that wouldn't want to know what I was on about in that post.

Tbh your first post came over as drunken slavers to me. Why dangle the carrot of ‘something that happened 3 years ago’, why not detail what happened 3 year ago in the first post and then people would know what you were banging on about. I can’t remember the vote you’re talking about. What actually happened?