No self respect / backbone

Selkirkhmfc1874

I am not usually one for throwing the toys out the pram and try to look for the benefits to the club. But helping St Mirren after recent events is an absolute disgrace and slap in the face for the fans.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

Just now, MMHearts said:

Seems that Only Hearts is an empty slogan. Very angry and disappointed with this decision. St midden have been taking the piss out of us and it seems they’ve done it yet again.

Complete betrayal of the fans tbh. 

I'm not being meladramatic. It was utterly empty and just a way to get folk to empty their pockets. 

A PR open goal to get it right up those manky *******s and they even manage to **** that up too. 

Soft as shite from the board. Let me guess, we're even paying his wages too. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Trumpton?

Any role I have On here is purely voluntarily and solely of my own making with no encouragement from anyone else, living or dead. 

Fireman Sam, Dave.

Whether you have encouragement from anyone else is another matter, but when it comes to the board receiving any form of criticism, you're at forefront trying to put out the fire.

24 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Bull and you know it. That club pissed on.us big time and we are helping them play a game by supplying our player. 1 game will make no difference to him. A disgracefull decision. If hes taking the heat off him get him to feck alltogether if he doesnt think hes what we need.

It's not bull. You really have no idea how football and football players operate.

Like 95% on this thread clueless and naive in the extreme.

3 minutes ago, MMHearts said:

Seems that Only Hearts is an empty slogan. Very angry and disappointed with this decision. St midden have been taking the piss out of us and it seems they’ve done it yet again.

Not this time - it's our own Board that's done that.

Raymond Reddington

It makes you wonder if Partick had neen in our position would they have helped a rival that wronged them? Did Jackie Low not say that she would remember who wronged them?

Why does this regime constantly shoot itself in the foot . 

The merits of the loan deal can be debated but it's now pretty irrelevant either way any gain in Bobby getting  game time is limited at best tbh . 

Whats ubundantly clear from social media is the vast majority of fans are really pissed off with this decision. We've got involved in something we didn't have to . Another huge misjudgment of the fans feeling after all the backing they've given the club , it's hard not to despair. 

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

It's not bull. You really have no idea how football and football players operate.

We didn’t need to loan a player to st mirren. We did. The board knew that would piss of the fans. They didn’t care. 

Your expert knowledge on football doesn’t change any of that. 

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Aye and youll be in the 5% that does eh? 1 week will make no difference to him. This is a terrible decision from the club and it will cost them a lot more than the players wage we are saving. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

We didn’t need to loan a player to st mirren. We did. The board knew that would piss of the fans. They didn’t care. 

Hearts supporter of 54 years started doing and I'm not pissed of by it.

Storm in a teacup.

1 minute ago, alicante jambo said:

Aye and youll be in the 5% that does eh? 1 week will make no difference to him. This is a terrible decision from the club and it will cost them a lot more than the players wage we are saving. 

I dont think so.

Really not bothered about it. They'll be paying us something. 

He's a decent keeper, but it'd amuse me greatly if he had a few howlers whilst there. He's capable of it. 

John Findlay knows absolutely **** all about what goes on at Hearts, so him criticising others for not knowing is pretty weird.

I don't think they teach you much about football club management at Scotrail.

18 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I'm fully expecting a batch of youngsters to go on loan to Raith next.

That's what I was thinking, is this just the start of the club getting back to 'normality' when normality for this club has been booted in the bawz? is it the club and coaching team's decision to carry on loaning players and cuddling up to the $hithouse clubs after what they have done to us?  …. the club have a duty of care to listen and explain to the fans who have poured hundreds of pounds into FOH and season tickets, the fact that money has been paid is where the 'duty of care' comes in …. this WILL NOT benefit Bobby and there is a very real chance that a virus could be introduced into the club's environment ... if the board and the coaching staff think that the fans are angry now just wait until a virus has came over from that bunch of ***ts

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Agreed. 

This is an absolutely terrible decision and its created a divide that wasn't necessary. 

Idiotic decision by the board and seems they're out of touch with the majority of Hearts fans. 

This was a golden opportunity to flip it into an easy PR move, confirm via statement it was rejected out of hand, then have our social media team bam St Mirren up.. something about hoping that missing out on Bobby wasn't too much of a 'heart breaker'.

But no. 

Instead they open us up to ridicule and completely undermine the whole idea of 'Only Hearts'. 

If this was McKinley he's failed his first test miserably. The balance sheet does not always equal whats right for the club. The fans dig deep without question, every time. Sometimes you need to give a little to keep that goodwill flowing. 

****ing idiotic decision. 

Just now, John Findlay said:

Hearts supporter of 54 years started doing and I'm not pissed of by it.

Storm in a teacup.

That’s your opinion John and your entitled to it obviously. Only got 35ish year under my belt so still on my apprenticeship compared to you 😀. The very fact this is causing a disconnect between club and fans for such a shitty wee deal shows, once agin, how awful the decision making has been and still is at our club, imo of course. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Surely this was a footballing decision and nothing to do with the board other than dealing with paperwork at most. 

For footballing reasons we need to have continuing Football relationships With other clubs. We’ve loaned another club in need who happen to be playing Hibs, I know it’s bobby but likely giving them a better chance of beating Hibs. Don’t like It to much it’s St Mirren but really don’t see the drama myself. 

48 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Kind of glad Zlamal has gone but I'd also have told St Mitten to get ****ed.

He is gone for like a week (or two). 

13 minutes ago, Gambo said:

"Only Hearts" was really a very simple straightforward slogan to understand.

Yet some want to argue that it maybe means something else.

The thread title could be directed at a few on this thread imo.

Indeed. I was going back to look at the thread where it was coined, but for some reason it’s been locked? 🤷‍♂️

Any idea why @davemclaren? Don’t remember being banned from it...

8D506B27-46A5-4FCE-9B03-FC19399C646A.png

70F3D260-91DF-4510-9EB5-C6D228CE87FF.png

I'm not sure if I can take much more of how soft the club is. Top to bottom. It's actually disgusting how out of touch they are. Upped FOH payments, bought an extra season ticket making it three, New kits home and away for the kids. Never felt so taken for granted as this. 

4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Surely this was a footballing decision and nothing to do with the board other than dealing with paperwork at most. 

For footballing reasons we need to have continuing Football relationships With other clubs. We’ve loaned another club in need who happen to be playing Hibs, I know it’s bobby but likely giving them a better chance of beating Hibs. Don’t like It to much it’s St Mirren but really don’t see the drama myself. 

We shouldn’t be dealing with any of the clubs who kicked us in the teeth imo. Maybe it was a football decision but it shouldn’t have happened. The club clearly have no idea how the fans are feeling. I get you and others aren’t too fussed but lots of supporters are and causing a new rift between club and fans is just ill considered and all round poor form. 

Edited by GinRummy

Dusk_Till_Dawn

This will only come as a surprise if you’ve been deluding yourself about why we’re in the position we are. It’s typical of the regime at Tynecastle.

Ann probably on the blower to James Anderson trying to get another £50K for St Mirren so we can help them improve their Covid testing in these difficult times. 

#NoHardFeelings

1 minute ago, pablo said:

I'm not sure if I can take much more of how soft the club is. Top to bottom. It's actually disgusting how out of touch they are. Upped FOH payments, bought an extra season ticket making it three, New kits home and away for the kids. Never felt so taken for granted as this. 

Makes you feel like a mug eh :D 

I actually want heads to roll for this. Its so disrespectful to the fans who are going out of their way to keep the club going through this time. 

Are we to assume that it never even entered the head of who is responsible for this decision, that it may get the reaction it has. Are they that stupid. If they are then they should be nowhere near the club. For the last 2 years the club seem to take one step forward and two steps back. Are they incapable of ever learning.

Ex member of the SaS

The board/Robbie need a boot up the jacksie, not only have the pissed off the fans but they have sent a player into a club riddled with Covid. When he returns he will need to quarantine ( thus negating any possible benefit playing one or two games. ) or he could be a disaster waiting to happen. Just think what the GFA would do to us if we have a player out due to having caught this flu.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, OTT said:

I actually want heads to roll for this. Its so disrespectful to the fans who are going out of their way to keep the club going through this time. 

When you see supporters continually accepting mis management and feeble levels of ambition - not to mention the total lack of accountability at Tynecastle - it’s not difficult to understand why Hearts think they can do what they like 

Just now, David Black said:

Are we to assume that it never even entered the head of who is responsible for this decision, that it may get the reaction it has. Are they that stupid. If they are then they should be nowhere near the club. For the last 2 years the club seem to take one step forward and two steps back. Are they incapable of ever learning.

I am more of the opinion that they do not actually care.

We shouldn’t be dealing with any of the clubs who kicked us in the teeth imo. Maybe it was a football decision but it shouldn’t have happened. The club clearly have no idea how the fans are feeling. I get you and others aren’t too fussed but lots of supporters are and causing a new rift between club and fans is just ill considered and all round poor form. 

What happens when we actually want to deal with these clubs for our own benefit ? Don’t get me wrong as fans we should do all we can to hurt these clubs but football wise it is idiotic for Robbie to make this personal. To expect the club to refuse to deal with just about every club in the league is pretty laughable. 

Getting paid by St. Mirren to have Bobby on loan.... is the start of payback in my book....have we forgotten how chronic he is!  😁

On a more serious note...not a smart PR move by the club.  They have no idea how angry the fans are.

Just now, Dazo said:

What happens when we actually want to deal with these clubs for our own benefit ? Don’t get me wrong as fans we should do all we can to hurt these clubs but football wise it is idiotic for Robbie to make this personal. To expect the club to refuse to deal with just about every club in the league is pretty laughable. 

What is it that’s so vital to hearts that we need to deal with these other clubs? 

Just now, OTT said:

It's so disappointing that they don't understand us. The people making the decisions are not Hearts people. 

Ex member of the SaS
3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Can't see any possible benefit St Lie down could have for us now or in the future. Even if they had a player we wanted they would see at a price we want to pay or we would look else where.

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

1 minute ago, OTT said:

I agree. We are treated with utter contempt . No one has ever had the decency to apologise for getting us in this mess and no one will apologise for this. I have been through this before but a bit of contrition would go a long,long way.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

What is it that’s so vital to hearts that we need to deal with these other clubs? 

It isn’t but it’s a way of defending Budge

Guest ToqueJambo

6 minutes ago, David Black said:

I think we should assume that they probably don't follow social media as closely as some Hearts fans (the ones on JKB mostly) do, which is a good thing.

Like with all things, the majority of Hearts fans who don't spend hours online every day will think that we are helping a team try to beat Hibs. They will also think it's funny St Mirren came to us cap in hand for help and we gave them our supposedly not very good goalie. At least that's what my unscientific canvas of a few people who don't pay much attention to social media found.

As another example, why would Hearts bring Robbie Neilson back, and why would he want to come back, when if you follow social media Hearts fans apparently wanted him out? In fact, it was just a bunch of loud people on social media who wanted him out. The majority of Hearts fans always liked him.

On the surface it's a bad PR/social media move by Hearts. If St Mirren beat Hibs though....

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, GinRummy said:

It’s a large part of the market we shop in for a start. Lost track of the players from these clubs that people on here say we should be signing. Just saying for footballing reasons the club has to keep a working relationship with these clubs. Might feel shite but that’s the reality. 

Heart rolled over and took the weegie baby yet again. 

They really are so detached from the man/woman  on the street. 

**** off Hearts.. 

Not impressed in the slightest... 

1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

Not bothered. 

I still wouldn't have entertained that move.

Nor would I. Embarrassing from the club again. Soft as shite to the core. 

SomethingAboutObua

Meh, St Mirren don't mean anything to us, they didn't relegate us the SPFL did, the title was lost in 86 because we didn't win the match against Dundee, St Mirren just happened to be there, they don't mean anything to anyone outside Paisley.

It's good to get Zlamal game time. The fact St Mirren had to delete that #heartbreaker tweet is utterly pathetic and shows the so called rivalry they're creating with us is non existent, and us as Hearts fans shouldn't buy into it either. 

It's a bizarre decision on both sides but if we want to send our 2nd choice out and St Mirren specifically wanted him (wtf) then **** it I'm all for Zlamal getting game time at a no mark club v top flight sides than just training here. 

Ex member of the SaS

I wouldn't have loaned Bobby to drive their bus never mind play for them. If the board/Robbie think this is OK then they need to stand down. The fans are the life blood of this club and to shit on us in this way is beyond the pale. We need someone from the club to step up and try to justify this and a statement saying it will never happen again.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Not bothered. 

I still wouldn't have entertained that move.

Where I am. Some fans do have to realise that the club is not a 20-something social media addict. It's a professional outfit that won't be making decisions based on grudges between fan groups at any particular time or for social media giggles and oneupmanship.

18Jambo_dave74
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Having spoken out so much about the SPFL, I’ve not doubt FOH will speak out about this on our behalf.

Absolutely. I’ve no doubt there’ll be a FOH email winging its way out to us all this afternoon criticising the decision - they really have been excellent at calling out problems at the club over the years. They represent the fans extremely well.

Unless there are some Scottish clubs needing advice on fan ownership, that is more important.

#OnlyHearts #Pledgeforlife #Giveusyourmoney 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

I wouldn't have loaned Bobby to drive their bus never mind play for them. If the board/Robbie think this is OK then they need to stand down. The fans are the life blood of this club and to shit on us in this way is beyond the pale. We need someone from the club to step up and try to justify this and a statement saying it will never happen again.

Get a grip.

5 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Moneyspinner - a week's worth of loan money?

We didn't HAVE to deal with them - we CHOSE to deal with them.

"Only Hearts" - and every other club we'll roll over for?