Who wants to be a millionaire

Nucky Thompson

Nucky Thompson

The guy was really impressive, a history teacher.

All the questions seemed to fall for him, no random pop or sports questions

Dagger Is Back
7 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The guy was really impressive, a history teacher.

All the questions seemed to fall for him, no random pop or sports questions

Still had 3 lifelines left and his brother had won £500k?

Love it when folks win. 

Francis Albert

Given the odds of anyone getting onto the programme especially given the few number of programmes in the Clarkson era it is a bit of a coincidence that two brothers have won £1.5m between them. Tonight's show was an anticlimax as the pre publicity meant it was obvious after a few questions that this was the promised millionaire for the series. By the time we were half way through all tension and uncertainty had gone.

Clarkson's fawning over the contestant was also disappointing (I preferred his more abusive style in previous series) and his hysterical reaction to a million quid win  OTT given he is hardly short of the odd multiple million himself.

6 minutes ago, graygo said:

👍  This is where I'm supposed to say YHD or was it YMD, it's that long ago I cannae quite remember.

IIRC correctly you drink in the coach?. Ill probably be in tommorow night.  Just stand outside the bogs saying that you're looking for a fun boaby. 🙂

Ill buy you a drink

Edited by Fun Boaby

36 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

IIRC correctly you drink in the coach?. Ill probably be in tommorow night.  Just stand outside the bogs saying that you're looking for a fun boaby. 🙂

Ill buy you a drink

That's me but not set foot in a pub since this fecking virus kicked in. ☹️

11 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Given the odds of anyone getting onto the programme especially given the few number of programmes in the Clarkson era it is a bit of a coincidence that two brothers have won £1.5m between them. Tonight's show was an anticlimax as the pre publicity meant it was obvious after a few questions that this was the promised millionaire for the series. By the time we were half way through all tension and uncertainty had gone.

Clarkson's fawning over the contestant was also disappointing (I preferred his more abusive style in previous series) and his hysterical reaction to a million quid win  OTT given he is hardly short of the odd multiple million himself.

Did you watch that TV show 'Quiz' about Charles Ingram? That showed multiple people that knew each other got on the show as there was a format the show worked to in contestant selection. (Ingram's wife and brother in law were previous contestants). I wouldn't have thought it still to be the case, but must be.

Did anybody else find it strange that this guy was the last contestant top appear in this series?  We go five shows and his achievement is the climax of the five shows. Clever editing? Or pure chance?

3 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Did anybody else find it strange that this guy was the last contestant top appear in this series?  We go five shows and his achievement is the climax of the five shows. Clever editing? Or pure chance?

possibly clever editing but didn't he end up getting two politics questions a topic he used to teach?

1 hour ago, Chaps said:

Loved the show back in the day. Can’t bare to watch it with that dick Clarkson hosting it.

Well done to the winner though. Some achievement.

i prefer it with clarkson than that erse tarrant and his faux friendly tone and shite patter. I feel clarkson adds a bit of reasonable banter to it which possibly relaxes the contestants a little.

Francis Albert
24 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i prefer it with clarkson than that erse tarrant and his faux friendly tone and shite patter. I feel clarkson adds a bit of reasonable banter to it which possibly relaxes the contestants a little.

Agreed. Clarkson was refreshing at first because he would mildly take the piss out of contestants and in a few cases go further when it was deserved. There was an arrogant bloke in one of his first series who announced he was "professional poker player" (he meant he played on-line) and got to £16,000 then gambled on a 50/50 chance where he clearly had no idea of the answer and lost £15,000. Clarkson like I am sure most of the audience clearly enjoyed that.

But last night Clarkson seemed to have morphed into Tarrant with OTT mateyism, enthusiasm and emotion  (close to tears at one point) and what sounded like a scripted reaction. The winner was much calmer.

Francis Albert
56 minutes ago, Do The Dance said:

Did you watch that TV show 'Quiz' about Charles Ingram? That showed multiple people that knew each other got on the show as there was a format the show worked to in contestant selection. (Ingram's wife and brother in law were previous contestants). I wouldn't have thought it still to be the case, but must be.

Yes. Thought it would have been clamped down on and the opportunity shared around.

Francis Albert
41 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Very strange. Added to in his own words the "questions falling into his lap" to such an extent he had 3 lifelines left when going for the million.

Didn't sit too great with me. 

Brother a previous big winner.

No trivia question.

Just seemed set up.

Probably knowing there was to be a £1m winner, it became quite obvious that it was to be him, so any excitement/tension was totally ruined.

But he bloody knew the answers, so there was no tension.

Possibly, why they decided to press release, it would add extra viewing figures.

2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Didn't sit too great with me. 

Brother a previous big winner.

No trivia question.

Just seemed set up.

Probably knowing there was to be a £1m winner, it became quite obvious that it was to be him, so any excitement/tension was totally ruined.

But he bloody knew the answers, so there was no tension.

Possibly, why they decided to press release, it would add extra viewing figures.

It was all over social media. I was told last Sunday by a mate (who is friends with a colleague of his) that the guy hadn't been back to work - so speculation was rife that he'd won the £1m long before the show was broadcast.