It is interesting to note - no spl games on sky

John Findlay

On 11/09/2020 at 18:37, Lfhearts said:

Why would anyone want to watch Scottish football over the premiership. Think your barking up the wrong tree.

Think you are missing the point of the OP. 

If Sky really wanted to show Scottish games the TV games could have been rearranged to avoid the English matches. 

It's not as if it's a new concept to them. 

11 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Agreed funny enough been to a few Hertha games that are not the same standard as a lot of the German fitba.

Well, I hope to Gawd that you took your binoculars with you. I well remember a fab stadium tour there but reckon that the distance from behind the goals must be about ½ the length of Tynie! As for from the back row? You'd need a bleedin' telescope! 😆

20200912_212035.jpg

Edited by Wee Mikey

1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

Well, I hope to Gawd that you took your binoculars with you. I well remember a fab stadium tour there but reckon that the distance from behind the goals must be about ½ the length of Tynie! As for from the back row? You'd need a bleedin' telescope! 😆

20200912_212035.jpg

It's not like that,  I tend to sit far right at 18 yard line, behind goals  seems to be further away from pitch but below memorial bit is where ultras stand and they just sing all game no matter how game is going.

Worst I have been at was Ibrox for a Scotland game in club deck really needed binoculars for that game.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 11/09/2020 at 18:17, John Findlay said:

That all Scottish top flight games this weekend kick off at 3pm on Saturday afternoon with no game being broadcast

By our exclusive broadcaster Sky Television 

Now call me cynical. But, this wouldnt be because all senior leagues kick off England this weekend?

There has hardly been a peep on Sky Sports News this weekend about the six Scottish top flight games this weekend.

Maybe it's just me but I thought our sole rights broadcaster would have been pushing them hard.

Your exclusive TV deal is shite Mr Doncaster and you bloody well know it.

They will have been bored as **** by the start of the season up here and be thanking **** they had some decent football to watch 

manaliveits105

watching match of the day - Linneker Shearer and Wright so professional and unbiased - just odd bit banter - compare that with goggle eyes Stewart and Beardy - shear amateur hour

I see the ref used VAR to review a red at the Palace game and reduced to yellow - I can see refs up here reviewing our yellows and upgrading them to reds 

On 11/09/2020 at 18:41, communist said:

Speak for yourself. 

Scottish football above all others. 

English games are overrated pish in most cases. 

Don't know whether you're being sarcastic or not but I agree with this. I enjoy watching Scottish Football.

1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

Don't know whether you're being sarcastic or not but I agree with this. I enjoy watching Scottish Football.

Metoo. Or, well, I did. Now pretty much all football dead to me, if truth be told. Hearts, the end.

Even Scotland, I've travelled all over watching them and rarely miss a home game, I didn't even watch the games last week. Been scunnered with most football outwith Scotland for years. Epl, La Liga, Champ League, etc, used to watch them all but prob the last 10 years have only watched by accident really. Now this year has killed rmthe Scottish game for me too. I was teetering anyway - didn't renew my travel club for first time in 20 years last year for example but I'm now done.

Still a jambo but interest in anything wider only as it affects us.

Scottish football is always going to play second fiddle (or even third) to the English game when it comes to Sky. 

The fact that the English game has so many stories at the moment as well, is huge. 

We know what the outcome of Scottish football will be every year. 

However, in England we have sleeping giants awaking, new kids on the block emerging and great institutions waning. 

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

At least the cricket is decent and the Indian IPL starts soon so I'll be a happy man what with that and the US Open and Masters coming up too. 

Feck the SPL. 

👍

From the wee bits I've seen of the SPFL so far the standard seems to have hit rock bottom, as if it could somehow get any worse. Poorest Celtic side for a long time, Rangers have improved slightly but will likely end up well behind in 2nd. Hibs have looked dreadful but have rode their luck, Aberdeen the same old negative bore fest. As for the rest - made up of workmanlike cloggers, teams like St J keeping 11 men within 40 yard of their own goal at home to Hibs, with no ambition other than to avoid the drop, all playing the same turgid style of football, thus providing the square root of feck all to enhancing game in this country.

Leeds should be the model for us. We'll never have that standard of player but the aggression they play with, the intensity, the number of bodies they commit forward, and the fact they play the same regardless of opponent or home/away. Something hopefully JJ can influence throughout the club. 

It will not get any better soon, not with 8 teams separated by 3 points to avoid relegation.

Lots of clubs will be looking forward to the league being declared "null & void". I'm sure they will back this decision which Donkey will deliver if he has the chance, especially if The Rangers are still ahead of Ceptic on PPG!!!

3 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

I wasn't being sarcastic, on the odd occasion there's a choice between epl on bt and Scottish football on sky, or vice versa I'd almost always choose the Scottish option. 

That being said, the Liverpool Leeds game was quality viewing yesterday. 

Sky package as a whole is pretty good especially if you have 2 or more people in your household watching it.

Add in a discount from your provide (I hassel virgin till get a discount) and its alright. 

Edited by Smoked-Glass

Zero interest personally in English football, will admit its nice to see Leeds back in the top flight though. 

We're never getting the money we deserve from Sky. Its about time the SFA/SPFL commission an investigation into a self run streaming service. The technology is there now and could be done. Its just the viability of it which needs to be thoroughly investigated. Its an idea which the clubs need to seriously look at if we want to try and fix our national game. 

By doing this we'd not be tied down to a TV company dictating the structure of our league so a 16 or even 18 team league could be achieved if the desire was there. 

1 hour ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Sky package as a whole is pretty good especially if you have 2 or more people in your household watching it.

Add in a discount from your provide (I hassel virgin till get a discount) and its alright. 

Had Near enough full Sky Package + Broadband for 3-4 years kept the broadband and went down the IPTV route between that and Amazon Prime have never looked back and saved an absolute fortune.

Our top league is an embarrassment the standards decline 

every year.Most of the club’s would struggle in the fourth tier of

english football.This was always sky sports intention to squeeze as many

matches in before the real football started down south 

On 11/09/2020 at 18:37, Lfhearts said:

Why would anyone want to watch Scottish football over the premiership. Think your barking up the wrong tree.

I'm with you. 

9 hours ago, James1874f said:

Had Near enough full Sky Package + Broadband for 3-4 years kept the broadband and went down the IPTV route between that and Amazon Prime have never looked back and saved an absolute fortune.

But it buffers