It is interesting to note - no spl games on sky

John Findlay

That all Scottish top flight games this weekend kick off at 3pm on Saturday afternoon with no game being broadcast

By our exclusive broadcaster Sky Television 

Now call me cynical. But, this wouldnt be because all senior leagues kick off England this weekend?

There has hardly been a peep on Sky Sports News this weekend about the six Scottish top flight games this weekend.

Maybe it's just me but I thought our sole rights broadcaster would have been pushing them hard.

Your exclusive TV deal is shite Mr Doncaster and you bloody well know it.

I’m fn delighted EPL is back. I’m not watching Sportscene so it’s the only football I’ll be watching.

NFL back too. Mon the Bengals!

18 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

That all Scottish top flight games this weekend kick off at 3pm on Saturday afternoon with no game being broadcast

Now call me cynical. But, this wouldnt be because all senior leagues kick off England this weekend?

There has hardly been a peep on Sky Sports News this weekend about the six Scottish top flight games this weekend.

Maybe it's just me but I thought our sole rights broadcaster would have been pushing them hard.

Why would anyone want to watch Scottish football over the premiership. Think your barking up the wrong tree.

1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

Why would anyone want to watch Scottish football over the premiership. Think your barking up the wrong tree.

Speak for yourself. 

Scottish football above all others. 

English games are overrated pish in most cases. 

29 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Tim loving loser of a yesman,  along with his bosom buddy liewell,    girfut ......🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

I'll say it again, we need to take our TV coverage in house. Sky have no interest in promoting our game beyond the OF derby. 

Invest in bringing in quality people and a real success could be made of it. Monthly sub, all online, mix of club TV and Open Goal to pad out the content plus regular live games. Jobs a good 'un. 

The quicker Neil Doncaster shuffles off this mortal coil the better tbh. An utter rodent of a 'man'. Has robbed Scottish football blind for the better part of a decade. A weaselly untrustworthy snake  lacking any sense of character, decency or morality. Wouldn't know a spine if it hit him in his fat ****ing face. 

Oh and he looks like a nonce. 

Edited by OTT

23 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Me .. every time 

31 minutes ago, communist said:

Speak for yourself. 

Scottish football above all others. 

English games are overrated pish in most cases. 

Not for me. The game up here is piss poor. I include Hearts in that, unfortunately. The game up here needs a big investment in the top level stuff & grass roots to move on, not going to happen.

So the JRG, the talking shop to save Scottish football and give fans access to matches, have failed to have any live coverage of this weekend's games?

If so, what a success Petrie, Dempster, Broadfoot, and the rest, have made of this much heralded group.

Glamorgan Jambo

There were non stop Scottish games on Sky in August. When there was no EPL. We are accepting a modestly larger cheque in order to be no more than a schedule filler on Sky. When it’s FA Cup weekend (games on BT and terrestrial) there’ll be a couple of SPFL games. In between there’ll be regular noon on Sunday kick offs of various away games for Selleck and Sevco.

At least BT Sport tried to properly promote Scottish football. All they got for their trouble was a bunch of denigrating comments from Doncaster. 

Proper vision and leadership would look at the total package including the overall promotion of the league. Unfortunately Doncaster/Lawwell only look at cash and couldn’t give a rip about promotion of the League.

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

great news for all the clubs tbh.

1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

So the JRG, the talking shop to save Scottish football and give fans access to matches, have failed to have any live coverage of this weekend's games?

If so, what a success Petrie, Dempster, Broadfoot, and the rest, have made of this much heralded group.

All the games are live if you pay for them or watch on iptv.  Ross County have made an absolute fortune. 

21 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

All those preferring spl need to go to specsavers you get the odd borefest down south but nothing compared with tripe up here.

The German games are miles better than either. 

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

English games  might well be pish  but they are still light years ahead of our games 

Well if you think the amount of money pumped into English fitba it's no wonder. If Sky ever pull out ( highly unlikely I know) the game in England would implode . Our game maybe pish but it's oor pish , the EPL is way overrated IMO.

3 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

English football is boring as shite

Not watched a game of football from start to finish since the games were ordered to be played behind closed doors, March I  think. Not even sure I'd watch a Hearts game BCD on TV (Yes I have a HMFC  season ticket).

Football without fans is nothing.

3 hours ago, Do The Dance said:

Not for me. The game up here is piss poor. I include Hearts in that, unfortunately. The game up here needs a big investment in the top level stuff & grass roots to move on, not going to happen.

We can never and will never compete with England when it comes to football and TV. Why bother? 

I prefer the reality of what's going on up here to that nonsense. 

58 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

All the games are live if you pay for them or watch on iptv.  Ross County have made an absolute fortune. 

So any fan of an away club can watch their team play live at any ground, by legitimate means?

Why were Kilmarnock fans mumping about not being able to watch their game at Easter Road then? 

1 hour ago, micole said:

Well if you think the amount of money pumped into English fitba it's no wonder. If Sky ever pull out ( highly unlikely I know) the game in England would implode . Our game maybe pish but it's oor pish , the EPL is way overrated IMO.

And if Sky pulled out of Scottish football it would be done for good. In fact there’s a chance it will soon be done even with Sky. 

1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

So any fan of an away club can watch their team play live at any ground, by legitimate means?

Why were Kilmarnock fans mumping about not being able to watch their game at Easter Road then? 

No idea regarding Killie.  Ross County have been selling their ppv to the minks and made easily six figures. 

Graham Thomson
5 hours ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Good to have the English football back. I haven't  watched any live or highlights of Scottish football and won't until we're involved.

Same here 👌👍

7 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

I’m fn delighted EPL is back. I’m not watching Sportscene so it’s the only football I’ll be watching.

NFL back too. Mon the Bengals!

Boooooooooo!  Mon the Broons!

English league is the premier world football league.......   Covid will total it if no crowds before 2021....

MOTD highlights will remain but, satellite in an empty ground...  Eh no

Best league in the world v the worst league in the world.

Doncaster had an opportunity to put the SPFL on the map, it's been a small window but the window was there to do something with Scottish Football to show itself in a good light and encourage investment by at least making it watchable. He did nothing and the Shitshow just keeps rolling along. 

Nobody watches it, Sky knows it's audience and correctly panders to it. Why waste money, time and effort on a broken product.

SPL football so far has been utter dugshite boring. Why would they want to put anything on when the EPL is starting. Scottish top flight fitba is just brutal. Can imagine the viewing figures are in their low thousands after the shite been on show so far.

It’s like offering me a pair of rollerskates or a Ferrari.

11 hours ago, micole said:

Couldn't agree more. I'm getting sick of teams trying to emulate Barcelona from a few years back - you know, pass, pass, pass........... pass, pass, pass.... pass, pass pass, back to the keeper, and repeat - fecking tedious! Barcelona got away with it because they're Barcelona and were phenomenal.

God forbid anyone that tries to get a cross into the box!

...as for Scottish football - I genuinely can't recall watching a single goal from this seasons Prem. Not interested after the last few months.

9 hours ago, Last Laff said:

No idea regarding Killie.  Ross County have been selling their ppv to the minks and made easily six figures. 

Good business for Ross County then.
The JRG have been deliberating for around 5 months. Could they not have helped all of the clubs have a viewing system that would have enabled them all to earn money? Is this just a disorganised rabble of clubs, who are only looking after themselves, instead of the collective good? 

Hibs have 2 prominent members on this talking shop and have denied themselves income from at least one game this season, by not having a system to enable away fans to watch matches from Easter Road. The money they are missing out on could pay those deferred wages.

12 hours ago, Last Laff said:

The German games are miles better than either. 

Agreed funny enough been to a few Hertha games that are not the same standard as a lot of the German fitba.

11 hours ago, hueyview said:

English league is the premier world football league.......   Covid will total it if no crowds before 2021....

MOTD highlights will remain but, satellite in an empty ground...  Eh no

And its looking that way , I think the days of 5

figure crowds are over for everyone.....

45 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

And its looking that way , I think the days of 5

figure crowds are over for everyone.....

It's looking grim.... But I see the only way out being a vaccine or medication that can mitigate the disease to a bad flu... Stop it being fatal...  😒 I seem to remember something about when Pandora's box was opened like this virus...  The one thing left... Was hope...😏

1 hour ago, hueyview said:

It's looking grim.... But I see the only way out being a vaccine or medication that can mitigate the disease to a bad flu... Stop it being fatal...  😒 I seem to remember something about when Pandora's box was opened like this virus...  The one thing left... Was hope...😏

It's already non fatal for 99.9% of ppl. 

EPL overrated...really

Try watching Liverpool v Leeds United and you will see why it is a world brand

Leeds played well and 3 times came back from a goal down then a late penalty put Liverpool ahead 4-3....should have scored many more but what a terrific match

On 11/09/2020 at 18:17, John Findlay said:

Good! Feck all the Premier teams and their fans!

15 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

EPL overrated...really

Try watching Liverpool v Leeds United and you will see why it is a world brand

Leeds played well and 3 times came back from a goal down then a late penalty put Liverpool ahead 4-3....should have scored many more but what a terrific match

Great entertainment.Leeds contributed so much to that game.Anybody else think their coach Marcelo Beisla has a striking resemblance to Jack Duckworth. 

1 hour ago, 132goals1958 said:

Great entertainment.Leeds contributed so much to that game.Anybody else think their coach Marcelo Beisla has a striking resemblance to Jack Duckworth. 

Like how he sits on a bucket 

1 hour ago, 132goals1958 said:

Brilliant post match interview. And his expressions during game - he was shouting at his players the whole game. Not sure about the English / Spanish translation. 

(Nothwithstanding people annoyed at the continual mention of Leeds) 

He told off his new interpretor in the Sky interview twice for not speaking clearly enough. 

Edited by Mikey1874