Let’s suppose we are offered some fans at the ICT game

Niemi’s gloves

Niemi’s gloves

The Sun is saying that there won’t be any fans at the old firm game on Oct 16, basically arguing that the absence of any league games between Nicola’s new Oct 5 date and Oct 16 rules it out.

Call me a cynic, but I can see Doncaster suddenly becoming in favour of using selected league cup games as a trial run, starting with our game on Oct 6 against ICT.

So suppose we were offered the chance to play in front of say 3000 fans (15% of capacity) against ICT, what should should we do? Seize the opportunity even it opened up the possibility of say a 15,000 Celtic crowd at the OF  game? Or tell Doncaster to piss off?

Who cares if it would open up a possibility of Celtic getting fans at a game, the sooner we get fans back at ANY football games has got to be a good thing.

Watching games on tv without any fans has been brutal, getting even some fans back into grounds would help.

It doesn’t look like this virus is going anywhere soon until a vaccine comes along so full stadiums not returning until next year, probably next season, at the earliest.

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Chances of having any fans back at games before the end of the year are slim to none.

All the more reason why dungcatcher and the jrg should be trying to tie up some sort of tv or streaming deal, instead of begging for a crowd of bigots to be allowed into one game

7 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

All the more reason why dungcatcher and the jrg should be trying to tie up some sort of tv or streaming deal, instead of begging for a crowd of bigots to be allowed into one game

Has he even managed to get a sponsor for the league yet?  If my performance was like that at my job I'd be out on my arse.

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

The Sun is saying that there won’t be any fans at the old firm game on Oct 16, basically arguing that the absence of any league games between Nicola’s new Oct 5 date and Oct 16 rules it out.

Call me a cynic, but I can see Doncaster suddenly becoming in favour of using selected league cup games as a trial run, starting with our game on Oct 6 against ICT.

So suppose we were offered the chance to play in front of say 3000 fans (15% of capacity) against ICT, what should should we do? Seize the opportunity even it opened up the possibility of say a 15,000 Celtic crowd at the OF  game? Or tell Doncaster to piss off?

Giving your scenerio and if we said no, All he would do is get another team to trial the crowds and still get the OF crowd. 

No logic to your train of thought and no benefit at all to Hearts In telling Doncaster to piss off in that scenerio. 

What Sturgeon actually said yesterday:

"Unfortunately, due to the rise in cases since then, we have concluded that those changes must be paused for a further three weeks. The new indicative date for their resumption is Monday 5 October. However, I must stress again that that remains an indicative date and a final decision can be taken only much nearer the time.

That means, unfortunately, that spectators will not be able to return to sports stadia and other venues over the next three weeks. Two pilot events that are due to take place this weekend will proceed. However, after that, we will judge possible pilot events on a case-by-case basis in the light of the latest Covid data."

So she hasn't actually ruled out further test events between now and 5 October. She has just said they will be judged on a case-by-case basis. 

For example, if the Aberdeen match goes smoothly this weekend, they had hoped to run a second event with 750 spectators this time. Government might consider that the cumulative learning from one club is more beneficial than lots of clubs being allowed to run test events with smaller numbers.

Edited by Saint Jambo

3 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

What Sturgeon actually said yesterday:

"Unfortunately, due to the rise in cases since then, we have concluded that those changes must be paused for a further three weeks. The new indicative date for their resumption is Monday 5 October. However, I must stress again that that remains an indicative date and a final decision can be taken only much nearer the time.

That means, unfortunately, that spectators will not be able to return to sports stadia and other venues over the next three weeks. Two pilot events that are due to take place this weekend will proceed. However, after that, we will judge possible pilot events on a case-by-case basis in the light of the latest Covid data."

So she hasn't actually ruled out further test events between now and 5 October. She has just said they will be judged on a case-by-case basis. 

For example, if the Aberdeen match goes smoothly this weekend, they had hoped to run a second event with 750 spectators this time. Government might consider that the cumulative learning from one club is more beneficial than lots of clubs being allowed to run test events with smaller numbers.

I agree it isn’t black and white but if the ‘metrics’ don't stabilise or improve it’s hard to see anything more than token crowds until we are through winter. 

11 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

You are tripping mate. Put more water in it