• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• John Findlay

• Kiwidoug

• wattie exploited

scott herbertson
On 25/09/2020 at 16:21, Craig Herbertson said:

I remember him as a defender in his own half showboating on the bye line near the corner flag and I think he lobbed it over a celtic player's head and ghosted past him.  It was sort of surreal.

That was Jimmy Johnstone he did it to I think, down by the corner flag at the School End IIRC

A Shoreditch Heart
3 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Was 15 myself in that north stand surrounded by Huns and my Jambo group including the old man. They passed round the whisky bottle as I watched the nonsense going on behind the goals, truly mental that day

I was sat in that north stand too and pretty much in the top corner of that photo - just turned 12 years old and my first SC final 

Jambo in Yorkshire

I have mentioned before that Cruickshank was dropped to the third team before regaining his first team place and winning a few more Scotland caps.

image.jpeg.07e9871bf429c82e03149e80afb1e2e9.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

I have mentioned before that Cruickshank was dropped to the third team before regaining his first team place and winning a few more Scotland caps.

And Alan Anderson, another favourite of mine. 

1 hour ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

The Board treated Jim like shit! A stain on the history of our Club!

10 hours ago, farin said:

No m8, this is the 3rd goal, DJ scored that one with a header as we were outside trying to get in. 🙀

ah.............a long time ago. Decided to wipe that game from the memory bank 😄

I was in the North Enclosure that day and also missed the first goal due to the chaotic scenes outside

4 hours ago, farin said:

7A3D4D7D-4663-4C77-84CE-4C009A084B8C.jpeg.86b97d2a3e7d552de134df7465b665c9.jpeg

Cruicky For Scotland. 

Now that's a tache. Are you watching Ron? 

I thought my dad was going to start a mass punch up pre-match. In those days they played GOSTQ before the final and all the Sevconians were saying to my dad, are you not going to stand for your queen? To which my dad replied she's no my queen. They were not best pleased.

On 25/09/2020 at 16:06, Sherbet said:

Peter was after arthur mann

Yes, both were left backs.

I never forgave Mann for displacing Davie Holt, and was too young to realise what a talent Mann was.

Peter Oliver's talent as an attacking full back was unmistakable. Tragically short career. 

I vaguely remember getting Jim Cruickshanks autograph at the Hearts open day back in 1982, 

bang goes the myth that Jim didn't grace Tynecastle again after his disgraceful treatment by the board when his contract wasn't renewed or a testimonial was granted.