Hearts partner with Napier University to provide education for young players

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/hearts-team-up-with-edinburgh-napier

Sounds a very positive move, basically Napier will provide young players at Hearts (as well as Hibs, Rangers and Celtic) a part time course that is tailored to professional footballers. It provides them with further education which should help players both if they are playing or dont go on in football. 

Think its something that can be difficult for young players who leave school at 16 to take a chance at a proffesional football career, if it doesn't work out they have missed out on education and can hamper future careers. So having like this is good.

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good way to help poach some of the Celtic and Rangers youngsters. 

The OP says it is being offered to Hearts, Hibs, Celtic and Rangers

jamboinglasgow
14 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

The OP says it is being offered to Hearts, Hibs, Celtic and Rangers

Yup, its being trialed with the four clubs then if successful then it will be rolled out to other clubs. 

45 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yup, its being trialed with the four clubs then if successful then it will be rolled out to other clubs. 

Also our girls academy will be included in this.

Kidd’s Boots

A great opportunity for many youngsters to put foundations in for their futures in or out with football, and as my alma mater, its good to see Napier involved with this.

vladtheexhaler
18 minutes ago, Templeton Peck said:

Wasn't this offered to the women's team already

No, although there is a partnership between Napier and the women's team.

9 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Sounds a very positive move, basically Napier will provide young players at Hearts (as well as Hibs, Rangers and Celtic) a part time course that is tailored to professional footballers. It provides them with further education which should help players both if they are playing or dont go on in football. 

Think its something that can be difficult for young players who leave school at 16 to take a chance at a proffesional football career, if it doesn't work out they have missed out on education and can hamper future careers. So having like this is good.

Yip they can learn to spell and proppa grammar.

9 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I said this years ago. 
We should take it further and offer young talented foreign players Edinburgh Uni courses paid for by Hearts as long as they train and play for us (assuming they qualify of course).
good start though.

11 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

I said this years ago. 
We should take it further and offer young talented foreign players Edinburgh Uni courses paid for by Hearts as long as they train and play for us (assuming they qualify of course).
good start though.

I remember going on a tour of the Academy when it first opened and it was mentioned that Hearts and Heriot Watt were talking about Hearts getting use of the Apartments on Campus for Academy Graduates and enrolling them in on site courses

12 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

All quite on the Balerno school initiative, how did that pan out JIG.

You tell us. You seem to be sitting on something that your dying to tell everyone. My old school as it happens, so I’d like to hear about it. The floor is yours...

All quite on the Balerno school initiative, how did that pan out JIG.

Yip they can learn to spell and proppa grammar.

:levein_interesting:

highlandjambo3
20 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I’m sure if it went to a club vote it would get a big “no”.....you know resisting change and all that.

1 minute ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I’m sure if it went to a club vote it would get a big “no”.....you know resisting change and all that.

Not with Celtic and Rangers involved, the wee sheep in blazers will be falling over themselves to tag along.

21 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

I remember going on a tour of the Academy when it first opened and it was mentioned that Hearts and Heriot Watt were talking about Hearts getting use of the Apartments on Campus for Academy Graduates and enrolling them in on site courses

If Hearts can attract top talent because the lad wants to study at the same time we should use that as an advantage. World class Univerities in Edinburgh along with the best club on the planet! 
Whats not to like?

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

If Hearts can attract top talent because the lad wants to study at the same time we should use that as an advantage. World class Univerities in Edinburgh along with the best club on the planet! 
Whats not to like?

Agreed .. Shame it has taken 16 years to make discussions back then a reality for Academy attendees.  I know some of the parents back then were excited at the prospect of their son experiencing a University Campus as a place to develop and learn.

The Hearts players will be in class, Rangers and Celtic outside in the playground shouting sectarian abuse at each other and the Hibs players behind the bike shed having a fag.

2 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

You tell us. You seem to be sitting on something that your dying to tell everyone. My old school as it happens, so I’d like to hear about it. The floor is yours...

I don't know, am just down the road.

7 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

I don't know, am just down the road.

Last I read about it, was Harry Stone talking about how it has been good for him, last year.