Berra injury ......

Midloth_Iain

here we go again  😕 🙈

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-defender-christophe-berra-fitness-race-after-injury-setback-2967017

He is expected to miss another two or three weeks of training due to a tendon injury, with Hearts’ competitive games due to start on October 6."

Is this a new injury brought about during his recovery training? If yes then you have to ask are the people managing injuries the same people who were in place during the last horrendous run of long term injuries.

Jings, craven and hep ma Boab.

Did AB not state last season that the club would look at training due to the amount of non-match related injuries picked up by the players.

...and the beat goes on.

Berra will continue to train at home with his wife throwing a ball for him to head back whilst he sat on the sofa (until he ducks from one resulting on the wedding photo hanging up behind him getting smashed) 

5 minutes ago, Cade said:

For YEARS Hearts have had a litany of training based injuries.

Something is badly wrong somewhere.

Even though it's an almost totally different set of First team coaches this season?

Apparently he was good for Dundee on loan last season, but for me since he's been finished since the injury at home to Celtic season before last. 

The season prior to that he was brilliant, but he seemed to age about 10 years in the six months he was out. Watching him play for the last 18 months has been embarrassing to watch, consistently getting roasted for pace, woeful on the ball and none of the positional awareness or ability to block everything that he had pre-injury.

Really need to sign at least 2 CB's this window as Halkett is the only one we can expect to play 20+ games. You'd think Jambo Soldier would have been tailor made for our needs this year, so I hope Robbie has an eye on a couple good players. 

12 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Jings, craven and hep ma Boab.

Did AB not state last season that the club would look at training due to the amount of non-match related injuries picked up by the players.

...and the beat goes on.

That would be getting covered in the Footballing Review. 

How many games did he miss through injury whilst at dundee? 

if it’s not the training they do could it be the surface of the the pitch they train on ? 
there are far too many injuries at the club for there not to be a common cause 

2 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

How many games did he miss through injury whilst at dundee? 

if it’s not the training they do could it be the surface of the the pitch they train on ? 
there are far too many injuries at the club for there not to be a common cause 

Maybe something to do with the age of the players such as Naismith and Berra. Haring is a bit different and Souttar is just unlucky.

34 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Maybe something to do with the age of the players such as Naismith and Berra. Haring is a bit different and Souttar is just unlucky.

With the older players you could well be right but did a couple of the younger players, Morrison possibly being one and (sp) Garuccio not get injuries whilst training .  I suppose just we’ve got a hell of a lot of players that have had a history of injuries 

1 hour ago, Beast Boy said:

For the love of ****. Two new centrehalves please. 

Really beginning to think this is required, unfortunately 

SomethingAboutObua

It really looks like we had no plans to sign another CB and were just going to rely on 3 of the most injury prone CB'S we've had and the untested Chris Hamilton. Unbelievable, we should've got Dikamona in as cover number 1 ages ago. 

1 minute ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

It really looks like we had no plans to sign another CB and were just going to rely on 3 of the most injury prone CB'S we've had and the untested Chris Hamilton. Unbelievable, we should've got Dikamona in as cover number 1 ages ago. 

Can't help but think the same. Extremely naive but over the last 5 years naivety has been commonplace at Hearts. 

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

With the older players you could well be right but did a couple of the younger players, Morrison possibly being one and (sp) Garuccio not get injuries whilst training .  I suppose just we’ve got a hell of a lot of players that have had a history of injuries 

Morrison had a strange running style not disimilar to Souttar and I wonder if that has anything to do with their injuries.

Not sure about Garuccio but you may well be correct.

Every club have injury problems at some point but we do seem to have more than our fair share of them which might warrant a bit of investigation by the Club into why this is.

I read an article recently about Liverpool's recruitment policy and one of the main items they look at before signing a player is their fitness and number of injuries sustained and their recovery time.

I don't know if we do that with the players we sign but maybe we should.

1 hour ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Despite the fact Robbie has stated that we are in the market for a left sided CB many times.... bash on though

10 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Morrison had a strange running style not disimilar to Souttar and I wonder if that has anything to do with their injuries.

Every club have injury problems at some point but we do seem to have more than our fair share of them which might warrant a bit of investigation by the Club into why this is.

I read an article recently about Liverpool's recruitment policy and one of the main items they look at before signing a player is their fitness and number of injuries sustained and their recovery time.

With regards to the Liverpool signings ,I think we’ve copied it but slightly misunderstood it by signing players with ,rather than without injuries 😉

2 hours ago, The Fonz said:

Apparently he was good for Dundee on loan last season, but for me since he's been finished since the injury at home to Celtic season before last. 

The season prior to that he was brilliant, but he seemed to age about 10 years in the six months he was out. Watching him play for the last 18 months has been embarrassing to watch, consistently getting roasted for pace, woeful on the ball and none of the positional awareness or ability to block everything that he had pre-injury.

Really need to sign at least 2 CB's this window as Halkett is the only one we can expect to play 20+ games. You'd think Jambo Soldier would have been tailor made for our needs this year, so I hope Robbie has an eye on a couple good players. 

Let's hope so , there's a bit to go yet but I'd still like to see  3 or 4 new players in , especially centre halfs and definetly a forward or 2.....

A Shoreditch Heart
47 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I have a feeling that we will see more of Chris Hamilton this season. 

i don't really no much about Hamilton tbh, but lets hope he's ready to step up and take his chance this season - we need some positives from all this constant injury news

Most people look at our injuries like 'he'll be back in a month, it's not so bad' but never mention the elephant in the room in the fact that they'll only last a couple of games before it happens again.

It might be maroon spectacles but I swear we have the worst injury record in Scotland. It has to be.

41 minutes ago, baxterd1974 said:

Despite the fact Robbie has stated that we are in the market for a left sided CB many times.... bash on though

You havent read the post correctly. We should have been in the market for a centre back prior to Souttar getting injured. He has only stated we were in the market for a CB after Souttars injury. Now Berra is goosed too and we're scrambling about with one CB with our first game in less than 4 weeks.

Defended the club a lot over the last few months on here after a season of slating Budge/Levein/our players but stuff like this does my heed in. So naive, always reactive rather than proactive. 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

With all those injuries, Berra is spending more time on the phyio's table than the pitch. I like him but like with Soapy I'd say it's time to part company. Can't be doing with all those problems especially when the league start is approaching and a cup game against the Shite at the end of next month.

Edited by Marvin

Niemi’s gloves
28 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

You havent read the post correctly. We should have been in the market for a centre back prior to Souttar getting injured. He has only stated we were in the market for a CB after Souttars injury. Now Berra is goosed too and we're scrambling about with one CB with our first game in less than 4 weeks.

Defended the club a lot over the last few months on here after a season of slating Budge/Levein/our players but stuff like this does my heed in. So naive, always reactive rather than proactive. 

First game in less than four weeks!! What “does my head in” is that we still have almost another four weeks to go for the start of the season and even then it’s only the league cup. So in the meantime, plenty of time for unnecessary negativity as the club seeks to balance dramatically reduced revenue against the need to make sure we go straight back up.

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

With regards to the Liverpool signings ,I think we’ve copied it but slightly misunderstood it by signing players with ,rather than without injuries 😉

:biglaugh:

22 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

First game in less than four weeks!! What “does my head in” is that we still have almost another four weeks to go for the start of the season and even then it’s only the league cup. So in the meantime, plenty of time for unnecessary negativity as the club seeks to balance dramatically reduced revenue against the need to make sure we go straight back up.

We need to be fully prepared. We need to start the season off well or the tide will turn quickly. 4 weeks isn't actually that long at all when we are still on the lookout for new players and need to bed them into our squad and way of playing. 

The last minute Larry approach we've adopted over the last few years is partly the reason we aren't playing yet and are stuck in the Championship. 

We fannied about with the GK last close season and look how that turned out. 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Mister Dee said:

Professional sportsman gets injured late in his career. Shock news. 

Let the pant wetting, begin. 👍🏽

Wouldn't really say they are pant wetting.This club has had a ridiculous amount of injuries which many believe led us to being bottom of the league and ultimately demoted.

Now Berra is out for weeks before the season has started added to Souttar being out for the season so you can see the concern when we only have Halkett as a recognised centre half?

We cannot rely on Berra and Naismith to play a full season.

WheatfieldWarrior
2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I think Berra would have passed that test when we resigned him.

SomethingAboutObua
2 hours ago, baxterd1974 said:

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hearts-news-transfers-robbie-neilson-18822262

There you are mate, article with Neilson saying they're looking to find a CB to fill the gap Souttar's left, not that they were already looking for one 👍. Main reporting for our defensive transfers have been about Kingsley as replacement left back for Hickey, not as centre back as Neilson doesn't plan on using the back 3 as the main formation. Maybe you know Neilson personally tbf but I don't so from what I've seen I can't find anywhere saying we've been actively looking for a CB pre Souttar's injury? Bash on and enlighten me though, cheers.

2 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Can't help but think the same. Extremely naive but over the last 5 years naivety has been commonplace at Hearts. 

2 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Apologies chaps, you are right, I should have read it properly.

If Robbie gets a first team squad of 25 players there is no doubt in my mind we need a right and a left sided centre back pairing. Souttar is out for a long time, Halkett & Berra are only good enough as subs who should be moved on when better player are available. They attitude of coming out with stating that Haring and Smith etc can play centre back is nonsense when your putting a squad together for a new season.

3 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Finally, a good news story.

Get him replaced Ffs.

so you think it's a "good news story"that a great servant to the club has picked up a serious injury ?

Nice

Hope Berra recovers OK but he is getting on. 

We’ve had a bad time with injuries but nothing compared to Roma. They’ve had 16 different players injure their ACL in the last six years. Four of them have done it twice, including Zaniolo who did his for the second time this week and hasn’t long recovered from the first one!

41 minutes ago, Zico said:

Hope Berra recovers OK but he is getting on. 

We’ve had a bad time with injuries but nothing compared to Roma. They’ve had 16 different players injure their ACL in the last six years. Four of them have done it twice, including Zaniolo who did his for the second time this week and hasn’t long recovered from the first one!

Did anyone check their running style ?....maybe Wavydavy has it sussed !!!...his was one of the funniest posts read on here from an esteemed medical expert no doubt

Edited by CJGJ

59 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

so you think it's a "good news story"that a great servant to the club has picked up a serious injury ?

Nice

Being "Nice" and playing Berra got us relegated. 

Being "Nice" is Shit.

No longer active
6 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Not surprising.2 new centre half are required.

We need a Roddy Macdonald type and dare I say it a Craig Levein type in soonest.

That is one who's sole job is to knock it back towards the opposition goal and another who can distribute it wisely ! And dangerous in the box when we get a corner

Edited by George Cowie

8 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

I know it can't be helped but these injury issues are beyond tiresome now. 

I thought Dr Levein did a review of the medial department. Did we ever get the findings of the review?