Keyboard disappearing

dougal

I've started to notice recently that on this message board and another which is very similar in design that when I'm writing messages that when I press return/enter to move onto a new paragraph my keyboard on my phone disappears and I need to press back onto the message for it to come back.

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?? It's doing my head in.

40 minutes ago, dougal said:

I've started to notice recently that on this message board and another which is very similar in design that when I'm writing messages that when I press return/enter to move onto a new paragraph my keyboard on my phone disappears and I need to press back onto the message for it to come back.

I thought it was just me, it's nippy as hell.

Me too! ****ing doing my nut in 🤣.

Happens with Return and delete keys.

Sometimes it doesn't happen bizarrely.

Happens on pretty much every message board I use.

Samsung Galaxy S20+ and Chrome.

Edited by hughesie27

I've always thought that I must have accidentally pressed the back button. Glad I'm not the only 1.

Just happend twice again now.

And again.

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Im on android amd mines appears to be both hunky and dory.

Dont know if that helps any.

David Bowie likes this post.

9 minutes ago, been here before said:

How old is your phone? Possibly on an older version of Android.

I just typed the above sentence using the delete key as normal. As soon as I pressed return to type the 2nd sentence it caused the error. Then the delete key caused it too. 

We have an upgrade soon. However, if it’s older android versions that are the issue then I doubt that will resolve it. 

Works fine on ios. 😎

AlphonseCapone

Not particularly old android version and having same issue. Everytime there is an update these days it causes some issue. 

7 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Not particularly old android version and having same issue. Everytime there is an update these days it causes some issue. 

If we don’t update it will cause even bigger problems. We haven’t upgraded since January so this is likely some other component or OS issue that has caused it if it has happened since then. 

been here before
41 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

How old is your phone? Possibly on an older version of Android.

I just typed the above sentence using the delete key as normal. As soon as I pressed return to type the 2nd sentence it caused the error. Then the delete key caused it too. 

About 4 months old.

Running version 10 of android which is only about a year old.

3 hours ago, been here before said:

About 4 months old.

Running version 10 of android which is only about a year old.

My phone is fairly new, bought this year but only on Android 9 which it claims is up to date. 🥴

5 hours ago, dougal said:

Yes, but I thought my phone was water damaged. Cheers, now I know it's not. 

4 hours ago, been here before said:

It was fine until last week. 

My tablet seems OK. 

Another issue is the saving of the post. It takes forever or I even have to leave the thread for it to save. 

8 hours ago, Smithee said:

I thought it was just me, it's nippy as hell.

And me :( Also on my phone I can't delete quotes if editting a post which is more frustrating than disappearing keyboard.

Edited by Marvin

been here before
4 hours ago, graygo said:

My phone is fairly new, bought this year but only on Android 9 which it claims is up to date. 🥴

Your phone speaks with forked tounge...20200909_072844.thumb.jpg.9f8a16845ad485446f5c163336cf2eef.jpg

I think Android 10 gets rolled out gradually across different models... if at all. A Google search says my phone will get it but no indication of when. 

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

And me :( Also on my phone I can't delete quotes if editting a post which is more frustrating than disappearing keyboard.

Same here. You can refresh the page and click on the clear button though.

2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Same here. You can refresh the page and click on the clear button though.

Never thought of that, cheers Hughsie 👍

Салатные палочки

I thought it was just me. 

Annoys the life out of me.  But enough about the transfer thread.  

been here before
2 hours ago, graygo said:

It certainly does. ☹️

Screenshot_20200909-122735.png

Oooft. 

If its lying to you about that, what else is it up to when your back is turned?

5 hours ago, been here before said:

Oooft. 

If its lying to you about that, what else is it up to when your back is turned?

Read your post and shat it - nap.

Screenshot_20200909-203051.png

Quick question for everyone who had the disappearing keyboard, what browser are you using??

I was using Google chrome and switched to the Samsung browser and when I press return the keyboard doesn't disappear. 

I checked using the chrome browser in case there was an update on the site that fixed the problem but it was still happening. 

I'll use the Samsung browser for the time being so that I don't get frustrated when the keyboard disappears.

11 hours ago, dougal said:

Quick question for everyone who had the disappearing keyboard, what browser are you using??

I was using Google chrome and switched to the Samsung browser and when I press return the keyboard doesn't disappear. 

I checked using the chrome browser in case there was an update on the site that fixed the problem but it was still happening. 

I'll use the Samsung browser for the time being so that I don't get frustrated when the keyboard disappears.

Looks like it might be a chrome issue as you say, I've just tried it with Firefox and it works fine. 👍

15 hours ago, dougal said:

I always found with the Samsung browser though you ended up with more pop up ads. 

Think I'll persevere with the chrome for now.

4 hours ago, graygo said:

Looks like it might be a chrome issue as you say, I've just tried it with Firefox and it works fine. 👍

Must be I use Chrome on my phone.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/09/2020 at 06:52, Marvin said:

Yep, that's the one that gets my temperature up!  Have to exit the thread then clear editor to fix it.   😡 

Apart from that my keyboard's fine starting new paragraphs using Google or chrome. 

Edited by HMFC01

59 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Hoping to upgrade our software in the next month.  That will hopefully resolve a few glitches but will likely introduce some features as well. 

Links for easily moving from Shed to Terrace, and vice versa would be nice. Like there used to be. 👍

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Hoping to upgrade our software in the next month.  That will hopefully resolve a few glitches but will likely introduce some new glitches as well. 

FTFY

21 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

Links for easily moving from Shed to Terrace, and vice versa would be nice. Like there used to be. 👍

Not up to us. We take what is in the standard platform with minimal customisations.