Skyline restaurant in Top 20 👍🏻 ( edited )

tynietigers

3 hours ago, JohnB said:

And that's exactly what it looks like. Nouvelle cuisine my arse!  Quite honestly Masterchef has a lot to answer for.

The positive feedback from the ordinary punters is to me, nothing more than a distinct case of the Emperor's New Clothes. Giving rave reviews to this quality of fare risks us being reduced to a laughing stock. (now there's an idea for the chef!) Sorry to sound such a snob but it had to be said.

Thanks Egon. 😄

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• tynietigers

• stevie1874

• Gorgie Boot boy

On 08/09/2020 at 11:32, Smith's right boot said:

Great stuff but Tbh, there must only be about 20 restaurants open in Edinburgh that aren't a weatherspoons or brewsters type. 😕

You don't live here ?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
On 06/09/2020 at 22:35, tynietigers said:

Have been reading that the Sky lounge is in the top 20 for best restaurants in Edinburgh ☺️ Not bad going for something that has been open for about a year a with this pandemic has come through a very turbulent time. I know that the service, food and pricing is fantastic so hopefully with the fans support we will be talking about being in the top 10 next year 😉

The equivalent of a trophy

1 hour ago, pablo said:

I wondered that too. Odd thing to say. 

I don't live in Edinburgh but still know there are so many good independent restaurants that cater to all budgets and tastes. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, john thomas said:

You don't live here ?

3 hours ago, ramrod said:

He's guessing again 

1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

I don't live in Edinburgh but still know there are so many good independent restaurants that cater to all budgets and tastes. 

Ffs. 

It was a joke in reference to covid and the catering and restaurant trade being hit hard with many closing and weatherspoons (unfortunately) like a rat blossoming in the carnage. 

Clearly Trip Advisors review system is flawed. still, being Number 1, artificially or not, will only be good for visitors to Edinburgh when picking somewhere to eat. 

Edited by hughesie27

5 hours ago, The Rose said:

On a side not to this, heading to the Gorgie Bar on Friday night. Anyone know if you can order any food in their? 

Humble Pie can be ordered there Need a lift from across the city?

21 hours ago, JohnB said:

And that's exactly what it looks like. Nouvelle cuisine my arse!  Quite honestly Masterchef has a lot to answer for.

The positive feedback from the ordinary punters is to me, nothing more than a distinct case of the Emperor's New Clothes. Giving rave reviews to this quality of fare risks us being reduced to a laughing stock. (now there's an idea for the chef!) Sorry to sound such a snob but it had to be said.

So you have not been then. Best leave reviews and comments to those that have.

On 09/09/2020 at 10:59, JohnB said:

I gave a 'rave' review as I've been twice and both times the food was amazing which in my experience is a rarity for a vegetarian in Edinburgh.

Psychedelicropcircle

Going on Saturday, first time back at tynie since the Motherwell game which must be going down on six months!

Just bumped in to GP head of catering he was saying that all the staff are buzzing with the reviews of late and after all the hard work they have put in. Also big spread in Scotsman and also in Evening news 👍🏻 Also Davemclaren GP will be giving you a phone 😉

12 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

Just bumped in to GP head of catering he was saying that all the staff are buzzing with the reviews of late and after all the hard work they have put in. Also big spread in Scotsman and also in Evening news 👍🏻 Also Davemclaren GP will be giving you a phone 😉

What have I done? 😳

Psychedelicropcircle
22 hours ago, davemclaren said:

What have I done? 😳

Apparently sanctioned the bobby loan 🤬😡🥵🤩

On 09/09/2020 at 18:31, davemclaren said:

Booked to eat in the SkyLine on the 19th. Let’s hope it isn’t impacted by Covid! 

Yup we are also booked for the 19th , really looking forward to it, as you say hope it goes ahead without any disruption...🤞🤞

highlandjambo3

I get the master chef presentation and all that but I like a decent amount of nosh......I’m more of a “come dine with me” sort of guy.........although I don’t mind paying a decent wedge for good scran.

8 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I get the master chef presentation and all that but I like a decent amount of nosh......I’m more of a “come dine with me” sort of guy.........although I don’t mind paying a decent wedge for good scran.

The time I went I thought the main course was a decent portion. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

A good friend of mine was there recently and was not that impressed thought the food was average.

This is the most JKB post possible. A good thing about Hearts is posted when we;'re crying out for some positive news, even if it is pretty trivial, and someone with a rep for negativity comes along like clockwork to post something like that.

On 09/09/2020 at 22:57, Smith's right boot said:

Ffs. 

It was a joke in reference to covid and the catering and restaurant trade being hit hard with many closing and weatherspoons (unfortunately) like a rat blossoming in the carnage. 

Cracker, mate. 

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

This is the most JKB post possible. A good thing about Hearts is posted when we;'re crying out for some positive news, even if it is pretty trivial, and someone with a rep for negativity comes along like clockwork to post something like that.

I tell the truth as I see it maybe I should just say nowt, I am disillusioned with jkb but will always support Hearts even although I cannot agree with the way it has been run both on and off the park for a long time.

I could agree with FA about the overspend on stand but I chose not to.......

But things are great coz Dave is getting a call from Graeme who cares a flying....

15 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

I tell the truth as I see it maybe I should just say nowt, I am disillusioned with jkb but will always support Hearts even although I cannot agree with the way it has been run both on and off the park for a long time.

I could agree with FA about the overspend on stand but I chose not to.......

But things are great coz Dave is getting a call from Graeme who cares a flying....

Why are things great cause Dave is getting a call from Graeme? 🤷🏼‍♂️

• 3 months later...
Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

Cheers Dave

I did go to website to be honest but wasn't sure if this was up to date position!!

👍 any money we spend at the club is a good thing imo. 

2 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Cheers Dave

I did go to website to be honest but wasn't sure if this was up to date position!!

Yes, there on Saturday. Excellent food and service. 

On 09/09/2020 at 20:46, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Now No 1 in Edinburgh, well done the F&B team at Tynecastle 

Well done to those who voted for it! 👍

Great publicity but let’s be honest it is nowhere near the best restaurant in Edinburgh. 

8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Great publicity but let’s be honest it is nowhere near the best restaurant in Edinburgh. 

Location, location, location... 😄

9 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

What restaurant gets your vote as Edinburgh’s no 1? I’m not saying Skyline is by the way 

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

What restaurant gets your vote as Edinburgh’s no 1? I’m not saying Skyline is by the way 

I was thinking about your comment.

The only restaurant i have been in Edinburgh is the WItchery.

1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I was thinking about your comment.

The only restaurant i have been in Edinburgh is the WItchery.

I’ve not been but if that’s the only one you’ve been to then I’d imagine a lot are going to disappoint. Did you enjoy it/ recommend it?

29 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Location, location, location... 😄

Food, food, food....

Gorgie Boot boy
23 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

I’ve not been but if that’s the only one you’ve been to then I’d imagine a lot are going to disappoint. Did you enjoy it/ recommend it?

First and last for two reason's.

Spooky and Shite.

I have been in other restaurants but not to eat in.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

29 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

“Number One” in the Balmoral.