Skyline restaurant in Top 20 ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป ( edited )

tynietigers

Have been reading that the Sky lounge is in the top 20 for best restaurants in Edinburgh โ˜บ๏ธ Not bad going for something that has been open for about a year a withย this pandemic has come through a very turbulent time. I know that the service, food and pricing is fantastic so hopefully with the fans support we will be talking about being in the top 10 next year ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• tynietigers

• stevie1874

• Gorgie Boot boy

2 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

Have been reading that the Sky lounge is in the top 20 for best restaurants in Edinburgh โ˜บ๏ธ Not bad going for something that has been open for about a year a withย this pandemic has come through a very turbulent time. I know that the service, food and pricing is fantastic so hopefully with the fans support we will be talking about being in the top 10 next year ๐Ÿ˜‰

Do you have a link to the article?

Itโ€™s absolutely outstanding. ย Brilliant all round and this accolade is well deserved indeed . Massive well done to all who run it and those who go

highlandjambo3

Itโ€™s always good to blow your own trumpet I say........

ย 

So, anyone ITK, how do we complair to the two cheeks? ย I mean Iโ€™m sure they do hospitality on a much larger scale but, do they have the sky lounge quality/top dining restaurants, are they open all weekย or is it pies and irn bru on match days only.

Mid Calder Jambo
35 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

20th !!!

Chef ootย 

Probably instant relegation, with thousands of meals still to play for, if the restuarant league was stopped now.

No sarcastic comments, just make a booking, sample the fare and then post your response here.

Forget comparisons there isn't any. 20 out of several hundred is extremely worthy.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ฅย 

Took my 2 boys for Sunday lunch-we all really enjoyed it-food and service top notch-also asked nicely and got a wee trip pitch side and a few photos-recommended.

I think when looking at such ratings you have to take other things into account. Such as the top rated eating establishment in Edinburgh being the chip van situated in the car park of Hermiston Gait.

51 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

What's the grub like?

If it sells chips, it won't be worth the the phone call to book it.ย 

Double cooked chips ๐Ÿ˜Œ

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Cue loads of hobos going on trip advisor and giving it negative reviewsย 

ย 

As someone who works in Hospitality, that is actually quite difficult.ย 

Tripadvisor have very smart software so will detect the new trend and ask for verification of their visit before posting

ย 

Same as if a staff member does a positive review of their own place they remove it and give warnings.ย 

If it's done again they will move you to spot 100 for a year etc

ย 

Quite good really

iwasthere1954

Was there on Saturday night. Great food and drinks. Good atmosphere as it was extremely busy. I would say the price is pitched just about right. Highly recommend going there.

Just posted a well deserved 5 star review to Tripadvisor.

ย 

Been to the skyline restaurant a few times now and have never left disappointed.ย 

Very reasonably priced and excellent service.ย 

ย 

I would definitely recommend and will certainly be going back in the near future. ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ป๐Ÿบ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ปย ย 

ย 

That's actually very good going considering some of the competition in Edinburgh. Does anyone know if they did that Covid eat out thing that gave money off?

1 minute ago, Jumper said:

That's actually very good going considering some of the competition in Edinburgh. Does anyone know if they did that Covid eat out thing that gave money off?

Eh, yes. ๐Ÿ˜„

3 hours ago, Gilberts Fridge said:

SFA / SPFL will tell us to close the Restaurant as its unfair on the clubs that don't have one.

Made me chuckle ๐Ÿ˜„

3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

So it's posh pub grub, basically?ย 

From the look of the menu it's abit posher than gastro pub. I haven't been myself only seen the menu on the hearts website.

1 hour ago, Jumper said:

They are doing 10% off on Wed & Thursday's during September

4 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

I think when looking at such ratings you have to take other things into account. Such as the top rated eating establishment in Edinburgh being the chip van situated in the car park of Hermiston Gait.

Lawyer, doctor AND chef. The Hutz brothersโ€™ talents know no bounds. :rofl:

4 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Cue loads of hobos going on trip advisor and giving it negative reviewsย 

ย 

In fairness the existing ratings will be overinflated by hearts fans, the Skyline may well be excellent but even if it wasn't there will still be hearts fans giving it 5* reviews just because it's hearts.

willie wallace
4 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Desevervdly so.๐Ÿ˜€Top fare at that wee van.Never seen any chips though.

ย 

So chaps and chapesses, is there a dress code on non-match days. I know there is for hospitality at games but is it the same for walk in punters?

ย 

I see they change the menu around quite a bit as well so it's somewhere you can go back to.ย 

ย 

Might book in for next week as I've never been to the restaurant and the comments as well as the reviews are all positive.ย 

On 07/09/2020 at 00:04, 1971fozzy said:

Itโ€™s absolutely outstanding. ย Brilliant all round and this accolade is well deserved indeed . Massive well done to all who run it and those who go

Aye, well done all.

11 hours ago, Cruyff said:

So chaps and chapesses, is there a dress code on non-match days. I know there is for hospitality at games but is it the same for walk in punters?

ย 

I see they change the menu around quite a bit as well so it's somewhere you can go back to.ย 

ย 

Might book in for next week as I've never been to the restaurant and the comments as well as the reviews are all positive.ย 

Nothing to worry about.

ย 

I was jeans, shirt with collar and a jersey but I doubt you would get kicked out if you had for e.g a t-shirt on.

ย 

I wouldn't wear ripped jeans and top open down to my belly button, but then again, I wouldn't anyway.

Bazzas right boot

Great stuff but Tbh, there must only be about 20 restaurants open in Edinburgh that aren't a weatherspoons or brewsters type. ๐Ÿ˜•

fabienleclerq
15 hours ago, Cruyff said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

received_199607124567899.jpeg

received_168221511150212.jpeg

received_160954331870112.jpeg

Dagger Is Back
8 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

ย 

received_199607124567899.jpeg

received_168221511150212.jpeg

received_160954331870112.jpeg

WTF is that? ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

In all seriousness people I know whoโ€™ve been, have been very impressed

ย 

Doesnโ€™t look like my cup of tea and reckon it would be a fish supper onย the way home!

ย 

No class ๐Ÿ˜‚

9 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

WTF is that? ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

ย 

Doesnโ€™t look like my cup of tea and reckon it would be a fish supper onย the way home!

ย 

No class ๐Ÿ˜‚

Chips on the side I think ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

43 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Chips on the side I think ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I would think thatโ€™s the starters and dessert. Certainly when I went Last year there was eNough food. Wasnโ€™t as filling as a fish supper with an extra black pudding right enough. ๐Ÿ‘

fabienleclerq
8 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

WTF is that? ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

ย 

ย 

No class ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

It was class when I went, the chef said with it being a football crowd it's higher end good but the mains are substantial. So he plays about with the starter/deserts.ย 

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

ย 

It was class when I went, the chef said with it being a football crowd it's higher end good but the mains are substantial. So he plays about with the starter/deserts.ย 

I meant I have no class. When it comes to food I just donโ€™t appreciate higher end offerings enough

ย 

ย 

Question about 10% discount. Is it 10% whether you are season ticket, Foundation and shareholders or 10% discount for each, ie 30% if you are all three.ย 

10 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

WTF is that? ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

ย 

ย 

No class ๐Ÿ˜‚

lol. are u a curry man.

2 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

ย 

And that's exactly what it looks like. Nouvelle cuisine my arse!ย  Quite honestly Masterchef has a lot to answer for.

The positive feedback from the ordinary puntersย is to me, nothing more than aย distinct case of the Emperor's New Clothes. Giving rave reviewsย to this qualityย of fare risksย us being reducedย to a laughing stock. (now there's an idea for the chef!) Sorry to sound such a snob but it had to be said.

Edited by JohnB