Missing Tynecastle

otterjohn

Im about to start my 60th year supporting our beloved club.I miss the games and all my season ticket neighbours but most of all I miss Tynecastle Stadium.

Whatevers happened in my life good or bad whether home ,at work or in private life ,going to Tynecastle always felt like I was going somewhere that felt like a big comforting cuddle.

It won't be for a long time yet but when I eventually do step through that beautiful place again I know it will be the last time I take it for granted.

All the best to all Jambos whatever creed or colour you are.

Its a great family to be part of.

ONLY HEARTS

Fxxx the SPFL

we're all missing Tynie i was in the Gorgie Suite today for the second time with the better one and a half (she's put on a bit of weight during covid) and three other mates that go to the Ardmillan before all home games about thirty folk in a few jambos i recognised we sat at the table looking onto the pitch and it's really shit that we can't watch the lads until whenever you must be older than me OJ i went to my first game in 1961 aged four against Hamilton can't mind FA about it but we won my late auld man took me and he was a part time Hobo good on him. a few pounds in the Hearts coffers today will be back again soon. would like to hope that when we start playing at home they can have the bar and suites open albeit we can't watch the game but they could possibly show the game son the TV's unless the SPFxxxL don't allow us.

PS the better half doesn't read kickback or i might never see another game lol. :laugh2:

11 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

we're all missing Tynie i was in the Gorgie Suite today for the second time with the better one and a half (she's put on a bit of weight during covid) and three other mates that go to the Ardmillan before all home games about thirty folk in a few jambos i recognised we sat at the table looking onto the pitch and it's really shit that we can't watch the lads until whenever you must be older than me OJ i went to my first game in 1961 aged four against Hamilton can't mind FA about it but we won my late auld man took me and he was a part time Hobo good on him. a few pounds in the Hearts coffers today will be back again soon. would like to hope that when we start playing at home they can have the bar and suites open albeit we can't watch the game but they could possibly show the game son the TV's unless the SPFxxxL don't allow us.

PS the better half doesn't read kickback or i might never see another day lol. :laugh2:

FTFY

That made me laugh ****

I was 4 and went to my first game in 1960.

As I said in a previous post I've had the privilege of taking my children ,my grandchildren, my foster children and hopefully soon my new great grandson to all their first games.Of course we aren't Glory Hunters for trophies,our glory is supporting a club that stands out from the rest thanks to the incredible brave men who served us as players then soldiers and to all the supporters who helped during the recent dark days. 

God bless  us all

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, otterjohn said:

That made me laugh ****

I was 4 and went to my first game in 1960.

As I said in a previous post I've had the privilege of taking my children ,my grandchildren, my foster children and hopefully soon my new great grandson to all their first games.Of course we aren't Glory Hunters for trophies,our glory is supporting a club that stands out from the rest thanks to the incredible brave men who served us as players then soldiers and to all the supporters who helped during the recent dark days. 

God bless  us all

hear hear ha ha a year older than me ya old fart

Cant stop laughing at the better one and a half

My wife and I were having words a long time ago and said You think more about Hearts than me and I told her I thought more about Hibs than her.It didn't go down well.

To be fair to my wife ,although she tells me I never stop prattling on about old Hearts games the postman delivered a brilliant conditioned programme of the Olham v Hearts 1974 Texaco cup game from her .In all honesty she's great ,even 

when the kids were young she always made sure I got to the games home and away.

I miss getting the scarf out at dinner time , meeting my daughter at the train station , meeting my son at Bar 1874 , chatting about the week and the game to come . The train journey home , the take away at night and the family what's app about the game . 

****in torture this Covid malarkey, normality can't come soon enough ......

1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

cheers sleeping with one eye open tonight

When you wake up, just watch this ...

Uche, Meshino, Hickey ... gone but not forgotten ... 😎

iwasthere1954
3 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

PS the better half doesn't read kickback or i might never see another game lol. :laugh2:

You guys are making feel old. My first game was 1952 but don't know who we played. Have seen us win four Scottish Cups, four League Cups and two Lesgue Championships. And not forgetting giving the vermin a good few doings. Was at the Skyline tonight for a dinner and drinks. Just can't stay away.

42 minutes ago, iwasthere1954 said:

You guys are making feel old. My first game was 1952 but don't know who we played. Have seen us win four Scottish Cups, four League Cups and two Lesgue Championships. And not forgetting giving the vermin a good few doings. Was at the Skyline tonight for a dinner and drinks. Just can't stay away.

1952? Seriously? You might've seen this that year. 😄

50 minutes ago, iwasthere1954 said:

Ps ... Maybe this was the match that you first attended ... 😎

joondalupjambo

If you are missing it that badly then there is a horse running today at York called Tynecastle Park.  In the 3.05 but not run for 207 days.  Won last time out so perhaps a small each way as it is 25/1 at the moment as I type.

1 hour ago, joondalupjambo said:

If you are missing it that badly then there is a horse running today at York called Tynecastle Park.  In the 3.05 but not run for 207 days.  Won last time out so perhaps a small each way as it is 25/1 at the moment as I type.

Have been waiting for ages for it to run again.will be putting my usual £5 each way

Fxxx the SPFL
11 hours ago, Kev1998 said:

I must be some age if I'm your dad ha ha.was a good day out today.

cheers Dad aye a good day in the Gorgie Suite then Tynie Arms for a couple and then down to the Roseburn. I'll stand you a pint the next time i see you and you can then give me all my missed pocket money lol.

Fxxx the SPFL
10 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

i did wake up lol cheers for that Mikey.

Byyy The Light
17 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Just watched this back. Joel is so so poor, flapping and running about all over the place. Fully blame him for where we ended up.

J.T.F.Robertson
17 hours ago, iwasthere1954 said:

You guys are making me feel old. My first game was 1952 but don't know who we played. Have seen us win four Scottish Cups, four League Cups and two Lesgue Championships. And not forgetting giving the vermin a good few doings. Was at the Skyline tonight for a dinner and drinks. Just can't stay away.

I don't need any help in that department. "Celebrated" another one anaw, just cannie figure out why I seem to be oblivious to all this fun I must be having. :(

My first home game at Tynie was against Dundee United early 80's can't recall the game as I preferred being a monkey swinging on terrace barrier, all i know was that we won 2-1 and i had the bug after that for the famous Hearts FC, my dad like a previous poster was a bit of a part time hibee to do with family loyalties , but fair play to him he would take me week in and week out just because he loved football, didn't matter who played, both my sons now, young adults love watching Hearts and have the bug like myself can't wait until we can all pack out the famous old ground 🇱🇻🇱🇻 HHGH 

My first home game at Tynie was against Dundee United early 80's can't recall the game as I preferred being a monkey swinging on terrace barrier, all i know was that we won 2-1 and i had the bug after that for the famous Hearts FC, my dad like a previous poster was a bit of a part time hibee to do with family loyalties , but fair play to him he would take me week in and week out just because he loved football, didn't matter who played, both my sons now, young adults love watching Hearts and have the bug like myself can't wait until we can all pack out the famous old ground 🇱🇻🇱🇻 HHGH