Steven Naismith. ( merged .)

The Muffin Man

12 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Say it quietly but Damour looks ok 

I reckon Damour will have a good season tbh. People can argue about whether he'll be able to make the grade when/if we go back up but he'll do just fine this season and for now, that's all that matters.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• soonbe110

• otterjohn

• Morgan

Gorgie Boot boy
17 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

I reckon Damour will have a good season tbh. People can argue about whether he'll be able to make the grade when/if we go back up but he'll do just fine this season and for now, that's all that matters.

Luic has had many problems over the last year , many are down to lack of fitness ankle issues , his frame of mind  changed and now is smiling fits in with the group. Robbie spoke with him and a few players who had been down or felt left out. Training shows the group has become a happy place with Naisy heard everywhere, moaning and then praising. Good shape and set up

6 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Luic has had many problems over the last year , many are down to lack of fitness ankle issues , his frame of mind  changed and now is smiling fits in with the group. Robbie spoke with him and a few players who had been down or felt left out. Training shows the group has become a happy place with Naisy heard everywhere, moaning and then praising. Good shape and set up

I really hope so. 🤞

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, otterjohn said:

Sorry if ive missed something but was Naismith injured before last nights game or dropped

he was on the bench

Tennant's  6's
2 minutes ago, otterjohn said:

Sorry if ive missed something but was Naismith injured before last nights game or dropped

Not done enough to get a start yet, need to improve.  

Besides, Walker tbf was fantastic as the No.10 & Boyce is the No.9

I was just wondering what player hadn't had there own thread since last night....

That's the one!

Aye, just playing second fiddle to Jamie Walker and I would imagine he'll continue to do so as long as Walker performs like he has

15 minutes ago, otterjohn said:

Dropped I think. He’s not been that great recently. 

Something not quite right re the Naismith situation. Should be ready to go but  clearly isn’t. Poor 45 minutes at Bayview, not involved at all on Tuesday, unused sub last night.  If he was working his way back to fitness I’d have thought he could have had at least 45 against Raith and 15-20 last night. Doesn’t look like fitness is the issue. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Jamie Walker has locked down the #10 position so I think there’s a possibility of a question mark over where Naismith will fit. Agree there may be something not quite right, we’ll see against Arbroath. If he starts then all is well, if not then definitely an issue. For him not to feature off the bench was a surprise although maybe Wightons hat trick was the reason he was deployed from the bench rather than Naismith. 

RustyRightPeg

As I have said on other threads, I don't believe Naismith will play as big a part for us this year as some suspected he would. 

I'd have Walker ahead of Naismith at the moment.

But he still has a part to play when he's fit enough. It is good we aren't relying upon him though.

23 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

As I have said on other threads, I don't believe Naismith will play as big a part for us this year as some suspected he would. 

You could be right. 

Weakened Offender
26 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I hope this is true. 

47 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Something not quite right re the Naismith situation. Should be ready to go but  clearly isn’t. Poor 45 minutes at Bayview, not involved at all on Tuesday, unused sub last night.  If he was working his way back to fitness I’d have thought he could have had at least 45 against Raith and 15-20 last night. Doesn’t look like fitness is the issue. 

Keeping under wraps till the 31st and then we unleash the beast 

Shanks said no
6 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

My thinking too, must have played on the Hampden pitch more than anyone else, apart from maybe Gordon

RustyRightPeg
12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You could be right. 

9 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I hope this is true. 

Purely tactical too. He doesn't have the legs to lead a press, and we know how well Walker plays for RN just off the striker.

He will play sometimes, and I have no doubts he'll pop up with an invaluable goal here and there but from the start, not so much.

2 hours ago, DH1986 said:

He needs games.....he looks well short of match sharpness.

I expect he’ll start v Arbroath.

I suspect we'll use that game as a full blown practice for the semi

Walker is in form and Robbie Neilson won't just shoe-horn players into a balanced side just to keep players happy. 

Naismith is still an important player, he's our captain, but he's well short of where he needs to be to get into this Hearts side.

19 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

It's great to not have him squeezed into the line up no matter form or fitness.

This.

Remember Levein used to put him out wide 😂

18 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Will be Walker or Naismith for most of the season I think. 

I suspect this will be the case

Walker has the jersey at this time but this will alternate over the course of the season as I suspect fitness will be an issue for both of them this season 

Anyone thinking Naismith won’t have a significant part to play this season is deluded.

a fit Stevie Naismith is easily the best player in this division 

Edited by jbee647

Walker and Naismith are different players with completely different styles.....we play Naismith then the formation has to change imo.

But the two together won’t work well imo.

I'm sure he'd like to be involved in the match against Serbia next month so you would expect him to be bursting a gut to get on the pitch asap. After last night's performance most of the guys involved deserve to continue so he may have to settle for a place on the bench on Friday - it'll be down to what he does when he get the chance whether he stays in the team or not.

Looking at the season as a whole, three of the ten teams in the Championship have plastic pitches which I feel he won't be risked on so it may well be that he only plays around 15-20 league matches but I feel he will be invaluable when it comes to cup games

Im sure Naismith will play his part either on the pitch or at training

I couldn't care a Shinny S---e about what players do it .As long as the guys on the pitch are doing the business we should be glad whether its Wighton or Walker

Brandon or Boyce we need us back where Hearts should be

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, kila said:

I'd have Walker ahead of Naismith at the moment.

But he still has a part to play when he's fit enough. It is good we aren't relying upon him though.

After last night I'd agree. If naismiths main job this season is to push Jamie all the way thats fine by me.

Good to have options.

Diadora Van Basten

We played him as a number 10 and he was poor. 

We played him as a number 9 and he was worse.

I think we may see him drop even deeper.

3 hours ago, DH1986 said:

He needs games.....he looks well short of match sharpness.

I expect he’ll start v Arbroath.

Does Arbroath have a plastic pitch? If so can't see RN taking any chances with him in this game

Robbie said after the game that we’ve made changes and kept a Scotland international hall of famer on the bench, a little nod to Naismiths talent. Not everything has to be a drama. Walker has been on fire and the team won. Am sure Robbie and Naismith are happy with how things are. Naismith has been in the game long enough to know he’ll have to earn his place back in the starting 11. 

kingantti1874
17 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

he isn’t a midfielder.. no chance. If he doesn’t play 9 he shouldn’t play

1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Don’t think that’s in the managers thinking. More like release him on the 31st. Don’t think they see eye to eye. Could be the key to bringing in one or two unattached players. 

59 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

I suspect this will be the case

Walker has the jersey at this time but this will alternate over the course of the season as I suspect fitness will be an issue for both of them this season 

Anyone thinking Naismith won’t have a significant part to play this season is deluded.

a fit Stevie Naismith is easily the best player in this division 

Based on last night I doubt he could do for Dundee what Adam did for them. He was excellent last night despite being surrounded by poor players. 

25 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Yep, to Kilmarnock or Ayr. 

He's not in the team because Jamie Walker is on form. He'll need to earn his spot. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Based on last night I doubt he could do for Dundee what Adam did for them. He was excellent last night despite being surrounded by poor players. 

Yep, he was. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, davie1980 said:

I was just wondering what player hadn't had there own thread since last night....

That's the one!

Aye, just playing second fiddle to Jamie Walker and I would imagine he'll continue to do so as long as Walker performs like he has

Gordon, Smith, Halkett or Popescu haven’t either 😜
I can’t really see Walker and Naismith playing together unless it’s with Haring behind them and Neilsons never really played a 3 man midfield in that fashion. 

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, jollyjams said:

Does Arbroath have a plastic pitch? If so can't see RN taking any chances with him in this game

No it’s grass, just QoS/Alloa/Raith. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

I think you’re reading too much into it, we only have three subs in the league and the ones that were made weren’t in positions he could really go into and do what the subs did. 

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think you’re reading too much into it, we only have three subs in the league and the ones that were made weren’t in positions he could really go into and do what the subs did. 

Let’s wait and see🤫

Given his age i would say were cautiously bring him up to full fitness. Given the squad theres not such a need to rush him back. He had some back pain on friday so wasnt risked as we didnt need him. Im sure he will play a part on friday

Surely it is a positive that we are not reliant on Naismith to carry the team but hopefully he can regain fitness/form to supplement the group. A refreshing change compared to pinning our success on one or two players. 

I really hope he will be with us in any capacity for a long time to come.

The way he represents us and conducts himself around the club is great,hopefully he goes on to manage us once Robbies fed up winning league after league  and Cup after cup and Champions league after Champions league and Tennant Sixes after Tennant Sixes should they ever resurrect it.

I've not even been drinking but still high from the quality of the goals last night

In fact I get a big toe amputated on Monday and instead of a general anaesthetic I'm going to ask for a screen to be put up and just do a constant replay of the Kingsley and Ginellis goals 

FTH   ALWAYS HEARTS

3 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Sorry Rusty couldn’t disagree with you more. Naismith is a class above everyone in this league he may not be as quick or mobile but if fit he should always be close to starting every game this season.