Steven Naismith. ( merged .)

The Muffin Man

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Shanks said:

Wouldn’t be Hearts if we didn’t have a player on a wage that they don’t deserve and are constantly injured.  

least he is good at shouting at his team mates when he comes across from Ayrshire for his 1 game in 5. 

He's been with us one full season and played 41 games in it despite an injury. He played half a season when he arrived in Jan and played 20 games. In the season that just ran from August to March he played 25 games and would likely have played the last 8.

Maths isn't my strongpoint but pretty sure that's a better than 1 in 2 record. Certainly not as good as having no injuries but a lot better than "1 game in 5"

Edited by ToqueJambo

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• soonbe110

• otterjohn

• Morgan

ginger jambo98
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He's been with us one full season and played 41 games. He played half a season when he arrived in Jan and played 20 games. In the season that just ran from August to March he played 25 games.

Maths isn't my strongpoint but pretty sure that's a better than 1 in 2 record. Certainly not as good as having no injuries but a lot better than "1 game in 5"

Darned facts getting in the way of a good old negative rant as usual 😂

9 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Might be treading on eggshells here and this is quite a radical idea but how about we wait till the season gets going before criticising players?

i know it’s an unusual approach for JKB

What a sensible idea but unlikely to catch on with some of the football manager expert's that post crap on here

I've not read the whole thread but do know naismith had a slight straight and was a little behind the rest of the team training wise .

And he was busting a gut training on his own with one of the fitness coaches during the week while the rest of squad were training  up the top pitches

22 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He's been with us one full season and played 41 games in it despite an injury. He played half a season when he arrived in Jan and played 20 games. In the season that just ran from August to March he played 25 games and would likely have played the last 8.

Yea I might have exaggerated his game time but the guy is awful value for money.  No other club in football would have Naismith on the money he’s getting here.

I bet if the club had the option to just **** him off (same as Damour) we would get rid of him. 

Loser player that is part of the reason we were bottom of the league.

gorgie rd eh11
26 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good whinge. 

32 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

When he first came, and like any new player, you expect them to be fit and raring to go.   He started with 5 consecutive, missed a game, then 26 on the bounce, fair enough.  

Then it starts to get fragmented up until the last 12 games before lockdown which he played consecutively. I think most would give that single game a pass early on and say his other 20 appearances in the 64 have been detrimental to his influence on the team and his fitness, obviously..  Wee bursts of 3,4 games then out between the two extended runs. 

It’s not his fault but the continual break downs plaguing him can’t be great for his general condition.(I don’t mean fitness, I mean his joints/movement).

Edited by Debut 4

ginger jambo98
1 hour ago, Shanks said:

Yea I might have exaggerated his game time but the guy is awful value for money.  No other club in football would have Naismith on the money he’s getting here.

I bet if the club had the option to just **** him off (same as Damour) we would get rid of him. 

How much is he actually on for the season ahead. I have no idea. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Shanks said:

What's he on?

We've confirmed him as captain. He's the opposite of a loser. A couple of injuries shouldn't generate this kind of abuse for a guy of his obvious talent. Even with his injuries he's played 64 games with 23 goals and 13 assists. The form he was in when he got injured, there's no doubt he'd have got another 10 goals or so in 18/19.

As a random comparison with a player who was highly rated in Scotland at a rival, Kamberi got 30 goals and 13 assists in 80 games. 

With his vision, touch and experience an 80% fit Naismith will score for fun in the Championship.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

When he first came, and like any new player, you expect them to be fit and raring to go.   He started with 5 consecutive, missed a game, then 26 on the bounce, fair enough.  

Then it starts to get fragmented up until the last 12 games before lockdown which he played consecutively. I think most would give that single game a pass early on and say his other 20 appearances in the 64 have been detrimental to his influence on the team and his fitness, obviously..  Wee bursts of 3,4 games then out between the two extended runs. 

It’s not his fault but the continual break downs plaguing him can’t be great for his general condition.(I don’t mean fitness, I mean his joints/movement).

Missed a lot of games when he started with Kilmarnock. Just a bit fragile. 

jamboinglasgow

just seen this has grown more than 3 pages since I last seen it. I have seen nothing of interest on the 4th page so presume there is no information just back and forth over if he is fit enough for the season.

I can't be hacked reading this whole thread, sorry.

Did the Muffin Man ever post a photo of his/her season ticket?

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

He has a ticket for the Drury Lane stand. 

Jamboscanbevicius

A lot of angry people on here. Calm down. SN is an excellent pro and a thoroughly decent bloke. We’re lucky to have his quality and leadership at the club, and if he can stay fit he’s our best player.

Edited by Jamboscanbevicius

9 hours ago, Shanks said:

Naismith is a loser player? What money is he on out of curiosity?

Go and take a wee break mate eh

Gordon Ramsay
8 hours ago, redjambo said:

Unsurprisingly the Muffin boy didn't. 

14 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Well that was 4 pages of utter tripe.

I just scrolled through to see if the promised season ticket had been posted.  Imagine my disappointment.

Tokyo Drifter

If we can keep him fit and find somewhere for him to play - in behind the strikers, for example - he'll be an asset next season. Good captain, good talker, good representative for the club (though personally I'd be handing the armband to either Berra or Gordon).

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Seems Hearts are keen to flatten the rumour. 

The video? That’s what I thought too! :lol:

jamboinglasgow
5 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

At the start if the video with the players running towards the camera there is one player I dont recognise, has number 33 (which as players currently have their numbers from last season, we didn't have a 33.) Persume its an U18 who has just been promoted from the academy in the summer.

6 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Haring back a week and he already looks a class above.  **** me I’ve missed him.  

We should use FoH money to clone the beautiful big *******. Eleven of them just handsoming around the park; winning games. :wub:

2 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

We should use FoH money to clone the beautiful big *******. Eleven of them just handsoming around the park; winning games. :wub:

He’s close to Paul Kane handsomeness.

Close.

9 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Close.

Paul Kane got too close to the handsomeness of a cheese grater.

11 hours ago, Morgan said:

Close.

Cruel. Pretty obvious Paul Kane's mother had a powerful contraction at exactly the wrong moment...

18 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

Paul Kane got too close to the handsomeness of a cheese grater.

Well, obviously.

7 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Cruel. Pretty obvious Paul Kane's older sister had a powerful contraction at exactly the wrong moment...

:) 

On 07/09/2020 at 03:12, Jamboscanbevicius said:

A lot of angry people on here. Calm down. SN is an excellent pro and a thoroughly decent bloke. We’re lucky to have his quality and leadership at the club, and if he can stay fit he’s our best player.

We are lucky to have such a talented player. The younger lads much watch and learn so much from SN. 

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

He is ok apparently

With the ice cream man👍

Poor guy will end up half baked if he spends to much time with him; he's always melted. :(

6 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Good to see Naisy moaning away and Haring in the thick of things

Blimey - Peter Haring playing football!!! sight for sore eyes.