Steven Naismith. ( merged .)

The Muffin Man

26 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Who in our squad has/will score more than him?

He is our biggest threat upfront.

Boyce will score more then him but that’s not a bad thing you can’t have to many goal scorers  

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• soonbe110

• otterjohn

• Morgan

MarkDevriesScores4
3 minutes ago, communist said:

Maybe you shouldn't contradict yourself within 2 sentences and people won't dig you out 👍

This grow up/knickers twisting patter is chronic. Based on that, you must be a Naismith happy clapper??

He's poor value, trains on his own after stupid contract terms were agreed, constantly injured until Scotland matches appear on the horizon. These are facts which irritate fellow jambos. 

He probably is our best striker when fit. I'd agree on that, but it doesn't justify keeping him when he's so rarely available for selection. 

I didn’t contradict myself. He trains with the squad and he trains at home. 

If we can find an international striker to replace him then that’s fine with me. The issue is we can’t.

16 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

It bothers me if he's training from home, commit or **** off. 

Steven Naismith ain't all that, all he does is berate the ref and his fellow players, only the ones that won't talk back mind you. He moans at player positioning quite a lot. It would help if he attended training more often to teach these young guys. I would love to know if it's a common thing, I doubt it.

He's part of the Levein legacy and I would be delighted if we managed to shift him onto someone else's physio bench.

I wasn't aware this had started again. Thought it was just in reference to the bounce games.

Yeah, thats not on. Levein allowing double standards created the slide that led us here. If Naismith wants special treatment, perhaps its time to return to Killie?

3 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

If we can find an international striker to replace him then that’s fine with me. The issue is we can’t.

You said people getting their knickers in a twist about him training from home should cool their jets (usually implies a mistake on their part) . Then shortly after you confirmed he does still train from home. No one here actually believed he never ever went to riccarton and done 100% of his training at home. So all you did was confirm and justify the reason people have 'their knickers in a twist'.

He should be with the squad and train with everyone else. If not it sets a terrible example for the youngsters he's supposed to be mentoring. 

Could not care less if we sign Scottish or foreign internationalists or not, it's not a guarantee of a quality player. 

10 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

So you’re cool with the captain not being with the squad for training because he’s a good player? **** that. Little wonder there’s been (or maybe still is) disharmony with the squad. 

Whatsthefuture
32 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

It bothers me if he's training from home, commit or **** off. 

Steven Naismith ain't all that, all he does is berate the ref and his fellow players, only the ones that won't talk back mind you. He moans at player positioning quite a lot. It would help if he attended training more often to teach these young guys. I would love to know if it's a common thing, I doubt it.

He's part of the Levein legacy and I would be delighted if we managed to shift him onto someone else's physio bench.

I have passed through a couple of times and he has been working on the first pitch doing light runs the length of the park and back

Edited by Whatsthefuture

12 hours ago, martoon said:

Naismith did manage a decent run of games under Stendel, iirc. Probably the longest he's went without injury since the Murrayfield semi v. Celtic. 

Hoped we would get a decent games/goals return this season. 

Aye.  Don’t want to get dragged too far into the rumours on this thread, but the evidence is there that Stendel got more game time out of Naismith than Levein did, which you could attribute to the squad dynamics under both of them.  

MarkDevriesScores4

Might be treading on eggshells here and this is quite a radical idea but how about we wait till the season gets going before criticising players?

i know it’s an unusual approach for JKB

1 minute ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Might be treading on eggshells here and this is quite a radical idea but how about we wait till the season gets going before criticising players?

A bit "out of the box" for this site but im willing to give it a try. What's to lose eh? 

3 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Thats a good idea, for here though 🤔.

13 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

In answer to the op,

2 will be enough, one against your shitty wee club in the semi and then against your parent club in the final 

Touché!:Stupid_Heads_by_Vir

12 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

The secret squirrel stuff is a bit nippy. Can folk just say what the rumour is, instead?

From the wee bits I’ve picked up from the hints, Naismith is supposed to have fallen out with Neilson and is not playing because of it, and training by himself? Amirite?

Hope you are very wrong. Besides, what have they got fall out about, who has the best suit?

18 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

This place will lose a lot of posters with this sort of radical ideology.

I'm sure someone should be a wage thief, worst in their position in all my time watching Hearts, etc...during preseason. Is there anyone we havent had a go at recently? We could start with them.

1 minute ago, Jumper said:

Hope you are very wrong. Besides, what have they got fall out about, who has the best suit?

I won’t be right or wrong, mate. I’m just piecing together the hints from other posters. I know **** all about any fallouts. If such a thing is happening, or does happen, and it starts to threaten our performances, then it will need to be dealt with swiftly and effectively though. That’s for sure. 

47 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

All right Calvin. So wasJimmy Saville!

Think Calvin is a Fifer, isn’t he? Pretty much everything is acceptable there, and most of them probably still think it is the 80s.

1 hour ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Also, those getting their knickers in a twist about Naismith training from home can cool the jets. He’s training with the squad. Yes, he does some training from home but that does not bother me, especially if he is continuously our biggest threat upfront. 

so many bed wetters on here, it gives me a nosebleed 

Bravo Perry Mason, you really have constructed a watertight and logical case there.

:rofl:

1 minute ago, gashauskis9 said:

Aye.  Don’t want to get dragged too far into the rumours on this thread, but the evidence is there that Stendel got more game time out of Naismith than Levein did, which you could attribute to the squad dynamics under both of them.  

Me neither, gas. More just a general view of how I'd like to see things happen. Absolutely nothing against Naisy, personally, i just don't believe solo training is conducive to squad harmony/coach authority. 

The last 3 years has been mostly shite. Some of the most frustrating I've known. We've wasted so much money and time over that period making poor decisions. We all know, mostly, who is to blame and we simply can't afford to waste anymore precious time, up to our armpits in the brown stuff, wading in circles going nowhere.

He did the solo training when it was levein but when stendel came in he stopped it. Neilson has said he has a calf problem and he has been seen training with the physio that does all the rehab work

3 minutes ago, bazman said:

He did the solo training when it was levein but when stendel came in he stopped it. Neilson has said he has a calf problem and he has been seen training with the physio that does all the rehab work

Makes perfect sense. 

9 minutes ago, bazman said:

Nowt wrong with that! If that’s the case, I can’t see any other players having much to whinge about? 🤷‍♂️

Weird that folk are saying there's disharmony. Total opposite of what I heard. From what I was told, the place is absolutely buzzing and morale is the best it's been in ages. 

8 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Weird that folk are saying there's disharmony. Total opposite of what I heard. From what I was told, the place is absolutely buzzing and morale is the best it's been in ages. 

Wouldn’t it be lovely to just concentrate on the football for a season or two? Imagine!

18 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Hopefully the case, Norm. 

Edited by martoon

5 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Wouldn’t it be lovely to just concentrate on the football for a season or two? Imagine!

Do what? 

What strange sorcery is this you speak of? 

48 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Think Calvin is a Fifer, isn’t he? Pretty much everything is acceptable there, and most of them probably still think it is the 80s.

Ha! Very much so. Easiest way to get to Fife is by Delorean

18 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Guess both could weirdly be true. Squad could be buzzin but a couple of noses out of joint. No different to any squad in football in that respect.

You prob need a bit of ego and self centredness to be a pro, especially a top. Someone like Naisy is prob never happy! Doesn't mean he's causing problems!!

36 minutes ago, bazman said:

There was a short video of Naismith training solo with the visio only last week. However I do feel we could get more value for the money he is on. 

9 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Ha! Very much so. Easiest way to get to Fife is by Delorean

Set your calendar back a decade when you cross the bridge.

No idea what the "rumour" is but Berra, Naismith and Haring all travelled with the squad to Burnley and Neilson said they're all going to be a "massive" part of this season yesterday.

1 hour ago, Normthebarman said:

this is what I've heard, place is very focused and they are using the way we were treated as ammunition for the new season.

Horatio Caine
2 hours ago, DC_92 said:

No idea what the "rumour" is but Berra, Naismith and Haring all travelled with the squad to Burnley and Neilson said they're all going to be a "massive" part of this season yesterday.

Neilson also confirmed that Naismith will continue as Captain this season.

17 hours ago, The Muffin Man said:

Pipe doon, pal. My 18 month old has seen Tynecastle more recently than you.

So, your 18 month old has seen Tynecastle since late January then?  🤷🏿‍♂️

I wish we would have a clear out of the losers that have led us to the championship, Naismith probably on about the same cash as about 10 St Mirren players.

Still too many wasters in our squad, it was always going to be hard to get rid of the overpaid losers though.

Naismith is a good player, when fit, a great pro whose experience is invaluable.

But he should never have been given a deal like he was at his age with his injury history. It should have had a lot of appearance based clauses and it should have been either a rolling contract or, option for the club to extend. We've put ourselves in a position where if he was to have a career defining injury, he could just sit out the rest of his deal. 

Fort Vallance
4 hours ago, OTT said:

I wasn't aware this had started again. Thought it was just in reference to the bounce games.

Yeah, thats not on. Levein allowing double standards created the slide that led us here. If Naismith wants special treatment, perhaps its time to return to Killie?

Plastic pitch. Knees wouldn't last till Christmas. 

30 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Neilson also confirmed that Naismith will continue as Captain this season.

Aww don’t mate, that doesn’t suit the agenda, get with the programme, A fit Steven Naismith is our best and most talented player, every single football player carries the risk of injury, some are lucky, some not so much, but at the end of the day, that’s what it comes down to - Luck.

Naismith will be the first name on Robbie Neilsons teamsheet next season 

Edited by jbee647

1 hour ago, jbee647 said:

Aww don’t mate, that doesn’t suit the agenda, get with the programme, A fit Steven Naismith is our best and most talented player, every single football player carries the risk of injury, some are lucky, some not so much, but at the end of the day, that’s what it comes down to - Luck.

It’s not just luck though is it.

Guest ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, jbee647 said:

And Scotland. Although this is also a reflection of the lack of options up front, the general chat amongst Scotland fans is he's our best striker and if it wasn't for the calf strain he would have started against Israel and Czech Republic. 

Personally I'd look on having Scotland's top striker on our books as a positive thing but that's just me.

Wouldn’t be Hearts if we didn’t have a player on a wage that they don’t deserve and are constantly injured.  

least he is good at shouting at his team mates when he comes across from Ayrshire for his 1 game in 5. 

10 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Wouldn’t be Hearts if we didn’t have a player on a wage that they don’t deserve and are constantly injured.  

least he is good at shouting at his team mates when he comes across from Ayrshire for his 1 game in 5. 

👏

2 hours ago, jbee647 said:

That's the problem, so far in his Hearts career he's played 63 times out of 109 competitive games (figures from Wiki and London Hearts).

Not a great stat for one of the highest earners at the club. Hopefully he goes on to become a club legend, but so far it's hard to argue he's been good value for money.

20 hours ago, The Muffin Man said:

I’ve likely done more miles on the runway at Turnhouse following Hearts than you have in your entire pitiful life.

Says the man who couldn’t find McLeod Street on a map.

Season ticket in section F bought. Happy to show you proof.

You?

Don't resort to personal abuse.  It says a great deal more about you than it does about me.

You will have noted that several posters have questioned your credentials after such a perplexing OP.

Weakened Offender

I'd rather release him and use the money to bring in another 2/3 players. I don't think he's 100% committed to the club. He had two  games last season that were an absolute disgrace. Killie away and the Livi home match where he just downed tools. I'm not even convinced he's injured half the time. As a previous poster said, we are a training camp for Scotland games. Similar situation to Hughes. 

Edited by Weakened Offender

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Last page of this thread is absolutely reekin' with Vermin .

Vermin seem to get away with more than genuine people these days. 

It’s just barmy though. You’ve got folk on both sides of the debate accusing each other of having a stupid opinion and not listening to the other side’s valid opinion. Surely most would concede that:

1) He’s a fantastic footballer, and our best attacking player when fit.

2) He’s not playing as many games as we would like due to his injury problems.

I don’t see how it’s so so difficult for folk to accept both of these factors and have a grown up conversation about it. :lol:

The folk questioning the return we get from him DO NOT think he’s a poor player.

wattie exploited

when fit he is great but its been a very long time since he was fit hopefully he will be playing games when the season starts if not get rid as he is on a good wage to just be injured we had enough players picking up wages for the last few years for being injured  costing the club a lot of money anyway FTHS :rifle:

57 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Last page of this thread is absolutely reekin' with Vermin .

54 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Vermin seem to get away with more than genuine people these days. 

Both correct.