• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• soonbe110

• otterjohn

• Morgan

iwasthere1954
3 hours ago, jambomjm74 said:

An expensive luxury in the SPL, not one for the championship, would be kicked about the pitch, although he spends more time on the physios bench than anywhere near a game ...

one of the many reasons that the “footballing side” of Budge:Leveins club was in a such a total and utter mess. 

He is probably away working on his fitness to get back playing for Scotland

What Anne Budge is responsible for his fitness levels. I thought the football side was the head coaches responsibilities.

11 hours ago, The Muffin Man said:

How many games will he play next season?

😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬

I don't know you.

10 hours ago, droid said:

Didn't Neilson already say he had a slight calf strain, him and Berra or did I just imagine that? 

Yes

The Treasurer
10 hours ago, The Muffin Man said:

I’ve likely done more miles on the runway at Turnhouse following Hearts than you have in your entire pitiful life.

I would think that highly unlikely as I'm sure anyone who knows me would confirm

Edited by The Treasurer

I’m sure he is being forced to actually come to training these days, should help keep him off the treatment table.   

He’s still a decent player and should be able to stroll the championship.  He’s been no where near worth the wages we’ve wasted on him so far though. 

12 hours ago, The Muffin Man said:

How many games will he play next season?

😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬

Muffin was a mule.

I think you are more of an ass 👍

9 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Stendel who ended him training in his home, away from the group and ended him dictating when he was and wasn’t fit etc. It appears Neilson may have followed Leveins approach with Naismith. 

Don't like the sound of that, buz. 

Mind you, I hated the way Levein ran things and, apparently, allowed senior players so much power. 

Great sympathy for DS. Must have been a struggle to tackle the situation he inherited. 

11 hours ago, Lee_Mellon said:

Did somebody mention Muffin Man?

"Girl you thought he was a man
But he was a muffin
He hung around till you found
That he didn't know nuthin'"

9 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Stendel who ended him training in his home, away from the group and ended him dictating when he was and wasn’t fit etc. It appears Neilson may have followed Leveins approach with Naismith. 

2 minutes ago, martoon said:

Don't like the sound of that, buz. 

Mind you, I hated the way Levein ran things and, apparently, allowed senior players so much power. 

Great sympathy for DS. Must have been a struggle to tackle the situation he inherited. 

What I had heard (from someone I trust), was that Levein had allowed Whellan and Naismith to train at home on certain things, and not attend Riccarton every day that the rest of the squad were told to be there. Stendel called them both in to speak to him, and told them this wasn’t going to be the case anymore. Whellan took the Charlie Big Bananas attitude and that was the end of him. Naismith agreed to change the routine. I trust the person who told me that. 

I heard something last week re a fallout from a relative of one of the players. A few other names were mentioned as well and I don’t think it’s all rosy in the maroon camp just now. Hopefully RN can sort this by the time the serious business gets underway. 

2 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I heard something last week re a fallout from a relative of one of the players. A few other names were mentioned as well and I don’t think it’s all rosy in the maroon camp just now. Hopefully RN can sort this by the time the serious business gets underway. 

The last thing we need right now is disruption. Even our best players. If any of our players are causing a strop and disruption, when we are in the position that we are, and promotion at the first time of asking is an absolute must, then they must be dealt with firmly. Only thing that matters right now is promotion. Egos and and agendas can get to ****.

I have no confidence whatsoever to expect he will be fit enough to play even a third of a season given the past 12-18 months. Have no idea why we gave an extension on this basis.  He’s an unbelievable player but he’s just never fit

Edited by 1971fozzy

23 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

What I had heard (from someone I trust), was that Levein had allowed Whellan and Naismith to train at home on certain things, and not attend Riccarton every day that the rest of the squad were told to be there. Stendel called them both in to speak to him, and told them this wasn’t going to be the case anymore. Whellan took the Charlie Big Bananas attitude and that was the end of him. Naismith agreed to change the routine. I trust the person who told me that. 

Hopefully no return to that. 

The situ with Whelan, in particular, seemed all kinds of wrong.

3 minutes ago, martoon said:

Hopefully no return to that. 

The situ with Whelan, in particular, seemed all kinds of wrong.

If it’s true, then it was probably the only way we were able to get him. Still fuming at how little effort that put in. He is/was a good player and he just stopped trying. We need to make sure we have no players whatsoever with that attitude this season. The minute someone stops putting in the effort required, or starts causing disharmony in the team, they need dealt with hard and fast. The only thing that matters is promotion. 

Edited by Beast Boy

Gordon Ramsay
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

I have no confidence whatsoever to expect he will be fit enough to play even a third of a season given the past 12-18 months. Have no idea why we gave an extension on this basis.  He’s an unbelievable player but he’s just never fit

Agreed. 

This is why we need at least another forward in. 

Seasons not even started yet and he's injured ffs. 

2 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

The last thing we need right now is disruption. Even our best players. If any of our players are causing a strop and disruption, when we are in the position that we are, and promotion at the first time of asking is an absolute must, then they must be dealt with firmly. Only thing that matters right now is promotion. Egos and and agendas can get to ****.

From what I gather, we are intending to go 3,5,2 this year with the emphasis on a high tempo attacking style with no let up on the opposition. Probably why we’ve signed, Roberts, Frear and Ginelli.

I believe the fallout started with some of the more senior pros’ egos and attitudes towards the younger ones in the group. Hopefully RN makes the same rules for all and nips this in the bud. Maybe it’s designed to freeze some of our higher earners in the squad and to see if we can get them away on loan somewhere else or moved on in the transfer window. 

In Robbie we trust 🇱🇻

7 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Player departure is the only real solution. Neilson must have control of the dressing room.

Never rated Tony Mowbray as a manager but the way he, apparently, dealt with Grant Brebner was spot on. Recognised straight away that he exerted far too much control over the younger players, so got rid. 

Big characters in a squad is a great asset but only if they're doing the head coach's bidding. Naismith training at home, as it were, serves no purpose. Tailor his regime differently, by all means, but he has to still be at Riccarton full time. He influences no one, bar his wife, otherwise.

13 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

If it’s true, then it was probably the only way we were able to get him. Still fuming at how little effort that put in. He is/was a good player and he just stopped trying. We need to make sure we have no players whatsoever with that attitude this season. The minute someone stops putting in the effort required, or starts causing disharmony in the team, they need dealt with hard and fast. The only thing that matters is promotion. 

Absolutely. 

8 hours ago, iwasthere1954 said:

What Anne Budge is responsible for his fitness levels. I thought the football side was the head coaches responsibilities.

The extended deal on excessive wages for a player who had a horrific injury record was yet another awful decision by our board. 
yep Levein the despicable i know best influencing the I know nowt about football Budge. 
Sooner he is away the better. 
I train at home boss  - aye good one - just stay at home !

6 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

From what I gather, we are intending to go 3,5,2 this year with the emphasis on a high tempo attacking style with no let up on the opposition. Probably why we’ve signed, Roberts, Frear and Ginelli.

I believe the fallout started with some of the more senior pros’ egos and attitudes towards the younger ones in the group. Hopefully RN makes the same rules for all and nips this in the bud. Maybe it’s designed to freeze some of our higher earners in the squad and to see if we can get them away on loan somewhere else or moved on in the transfer window. 

In Robbie we trust 🇱🇻

Totally agree. Doesn’t even matter which player/s it is. Can’t have that shit this season. Just hope it’s not Gordon, as he’s about the only one I’d be worried about not having available. Naismith, Damour, Walker, Smith. Doesn’t matter - put our promotion at risk and you can GTF. Nobody is more important than the team.

Anyway, seeing as it’s all just rumours at the moment, I’m not going to worry too much about it. 

Agreed to a 50% cut in his wages at the start of the coronavirus, so bought some goodwill. But really hasn't been a good signing so far. Levein got a lot of pelters, but he was way ahead of the WFH trend, by letting professional footballers do it. :facepalm:

MarkDevriesScores4

What is the point on this thread?

What is “tHe RuMoUr”?

Naismith is recovering from a calf strain. It has been well publicised. Berra is also in a similar position.

Stop creating unnecessary panic. The league is still a month away. Naismith will play when he is fit. No change from previous seasons. Even if he had been fit, he’d likely have been in the Scotland squad so wouldn’t be playing these preseason matches anyway.

11 minutes ago, martoon said:

Player departure is the only real solution. Neilson must have control of the dressing room.

Never rated Tony Mowbray as a manager but the way he, apparently, dealt with Grant Brebner was spot on. Recognised straight away that he exerted far too much control over the younger players, so got rid. 

Big characters in a squad is a great asset but only if they're doing the head coach's bidding. Naismith training at home, as it were, serves no purpose. Tailor his regime differently, by all means, but he has to still be at Riccarton full time. He influences no one, bar his wife, otherwise.

The first sentence is absolutely the solution to any dissent. Let’s remember what this group of players has achieved. They weren’t even fit under Levein and McPhee. 

2 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

What is “tHe RuMoUr”?

Naismith is recovering from a calf strain. It has been well publicised. Berra is also in a similar position.

Stop creating unnecessary panic. The league is still a month away. Naismith will play when he is fit. No change from previous seasons. Even if he had been fit, he’d likely have been in the Scotland squad so wouldn’t be playing these preseason matches anyway.

When he’s fit the team relies on him too much. When he’s then out the team injured we play shite. Players shouldn’t be training from home and I hope he’s not being allowed to do that. 

1 minute ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

What is “tHe RuMoUr”?

Agreed. It’s a rumour that was floating about social media, then @Clerry Jambo was the first to pop it on here, I think. Then @The Muffin Man kept the secret squirrel stuff going with wee hints and winks. 

See in future can folk just post that they’ve heard a rumour and state what it is, or don’t bother hinting away about something in a way that just spreads the rumour further.

22 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

In Robbie we trust 🇱🇻

2+2=???? and reluctant to post this cos just a rambling thought.

Stendel was massive on the young guys getting same treatment as all (is it@busby1985who

kknows Brandon?)

Story was under Levein the seniors were basically pandered to, ruled the roost and it was run by the inmates.

Then we bring back Christophe, Naisy still there... They expecting it to go back to them in charge???

I like both those guys and feel we should be a better club for their involvement but the sooner, if it hadn't happened already, EVERYONE at the club realises they're all culpable for where we are and they need to look at themselves and work together to get us back out, the better.

Treating young guys like it's the 80s isn't what we need.

If that's the deal of course!!

I don't think there needs to be any rumours added to discuss the facts surrounding Naismith. 

Barely plays, constantly injured (usually until a Scotland game comes back around). Was or is training at home (either is bad enough). 

He's such bad value for money that I was really hoping we would have managed to release him after the relegation debacle. If he's close to 5k per week, we could have had 3 to 5 younger, hungrier and fitter alternatives. 

2 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

Heard that he stabbed Berra in the thigh. :rofl:some amount of shite gets spouted on here.

Corner flag javelin, or a shank?

Haringshairband
4 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Corner flag javelin, or a shank?

Berra just kept hoofing the ball in training so he got a knife from the oriam canteen, he then sharpened a cone with it and ran at him.

Edited by Haringshairband

Just now, Haringshairband said:

Berra just kept hoofing the ball in training so he got a knife from the prism canteen, he then sharpened a cone with it and ran at him.

*******! :mad:

MarkDevriesScores4

Also, those getting their knickers in a twist about Naismith training from home can cool the jets. He’s training with the squad. Yes, he does some training from home but that does not bother me, especially if he is continuously our biggest threat upfront. 

so many bed wetters on here, it gives me a nosebleed 

Edited by MarkDevriesScores4

MarkDevriesScores4
7 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Is Naismith our biggest threat though? Value for money he is way off it. 

Who in our squad has/will score more than him?

He is our biggest threat upfront.

12 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Also, those getting their knickers in a twist about Naismith training from home can cool the jets. He’s training with the squad. Yes, he does some training from home but that does not bother me, especially if he is continuously our biggest threat upfront. 

Just to clarify, those getting their knickers in a twist about him training from home should stop as he's training with the squad, but yet in the same post you claim he still does some training at home? 😂

Our biggest threat? He's played about 18 games for us and scored 3 or 4 goals. Hardly think our opposition are dreading coming up against him.

1 minute ago, Hood09 said:

Is Naismith our biggest threat though? Value for money he is way off it. 

When he plays, generally he is. That’s the thing though, isn’t it. When he plays. Putting any rumours to one side though, it’s a discussion that has taken place a few times already. It’s fair game to discuss when we have just gone a year and a half with such poor results. 

3 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Our previous manager did not agree however. So it was an issue for him. I think that makes it worthy of discussion. Forgetting about any rumours about fallouts and speculation, and just taking the stuff we know... it has been an issue previously. 

Naismith is injury prone but is experienced enough to trust him going into a game without multiple preseason games under his belt. Whatever Robbie needs him to do, Naismith can do. With young players or journeymen that have never played at the level he has there is a need to drill in what Robbie needs. Naismith, there's no point risking injury for games we're going to learn nothing we don't already know. 

Nothing to read into IMO. 

29 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

Heard that he stabbed Berra in the thigh. :rofl:some amount of shite gets spouted on here.

What shite? He 100% was allowed to train by himself and was allowed to miss sessions that others weren’t. Stendel came in and stopped that. Naismith also told club doctors and Levein when he was fit with no questions asked. Stendel also stopped that. All of that is 100% true, had it told to me by first team players. 

MarkDevriesScores4
4 minutes ago, communist said:

Just to clarify, those getting their knickers in a twist about him training from home should stop as he's training with the squad, but yet in the same post you claim he still does some training at home? 😂

Our biggest threat? He's played about 18 games for us and scored 3 or 4 goals. Hardly think our opposition are dreading coming up against him.

Sorry, I should maybe clarify my point for the slower members of this page.

He is training with the squad. This cannot be denied.

he also trains from home as per the agreement he made with the club when he started. 

Naismith is the best striker we have and therefore our greatest threat. I’m not saying he’s great, I’m simply stating people need to grow up a wee bit and stop throwing their toys out of the pram. We haven’t even played a competitive game yet and folk already getting on Naismith’s back.

It bothers me if he's training from home, commit or **** off. 

Steven Naismith ain't all that, all he does is berate the ref and his fellow players, only the ones that won't talk back mind you. He moans at player positioning quite a lot. It would help if he attended training more often to teach these young guys. I would love to know if it's a common thing, I doubt it.

He's part of the Levein legacy and I would be delighted if we managed to shift him onto someone else's physio bench.

12 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Sorry, I should maybe clarify my point for the slower members of this page.

He is training with the squad. This cannot be denied.

he also trains from home as per the agreement he made with the club when he started. 

Naismith is the best striker we have and therefore our greatest threat. I’m not saying he’s great, I’m simply stating people need to grow up a wee bit and stop throwing their toys out of the pram. We haven’t even played a competitive game yet and folk already getting on Naismith’s back.

Maybe you shouldn't contradict yourself within 2 sentences and people won't dig you out 👍

This grow up/knickers twisting patter is chronic. Based on that, you must be a Naismith happy clapper??

He's poor value, trains on his own after stupid contract terms were agreed, constantly injured until Scotland matches appear on the horizon. These are facts which irritate fellow jambos. 

He probably is our best striker when fit. I'd agree on that, but it doesn't justify keeping him when he's so rarely available for selection. 

10 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

It bothers me if he's training from home, commit or **** off. 

Steven Naismith ain't all that, all he does is berate the ref and his fellow players, only the ones that won't talk back mind you. He moans at player positioning quite a lot. It would help if he attended training more often to teach these young guys. I would love to know if it's a common thing, I doubt it.

He's part of the Levein legacy and I would be delighted if we managed to shift him onto someone else's physio bench.

It’s definitely frustrating when your best player/s aren’t available for selection so often. Can’t really build a team around players who don’t play enough games. Really don’t see what’s so controversial about saying that. Certainly doesn’t cause any wet bed-linen, and not being able to understand the point is far more indicative of someone being “hard of thinking”.