• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• soonbe110

• otterjohn

• Morgan

7 minutes ago, otterjohn said:

I think feedthefox has got it right Robbie needs to manage his fitness well especially for the Cup game so we get the best out of him

Stuff the manage his fitness nonsense. He’s been fit for about four weeks since he joined the club while being the highest paid player. 

It’s not good enough.

Remember, he came from Norwich when he was injured for 3 years out of His 4 year contract. 

2 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Stuff the manage his fitness nonsense. He’s been fit for about four weeks since he joined the club while being the highest paid player. 

It’s not good enough.

Remember, he came from Norwich when he was injured for 3 years out of His 4 year contract. 

Thank Christ your not on the medical staff. I dont think he's a chancer.Im sure the injuries are genuine. Some players physically are ruined after the injuries they pick up and although he's had a good career and done well financially I'm sure he didn't sign the contract he was offered by Hearts thinking or hoping he wouldn't play much.Even not playing watch him about the club We are lucky to have him.

1 minute ago, otterjohn said:

Thank Christ your not on the medical staff. I dont think he's a chancer.Im sure the injuries are genuine. Some players physically are ruined after the injuries they pick up and although he's had a good career and done well financially I'm sure he didn't sign the contract he was offered by Hearts thinking or hoping he wouldn't play much.Even not playing watch him about the club We are lucky to have him.

Oh yeah we are so so lucky to have a guy that is our highest paid player to sit on the treatment table and do some punditry. 

I am so proud. 

He was injured last week on the artificial surface hence coming off at half time

He was 'fit' though not 100% to play and was put on the bench in case he was required..he was not so why run any risk with him ?

This is not rocket science or a conspiracy theory just common sense by our management

You must be one of those rats everyone hates sitting beside at the games Everything and everybody will be a waste of money Nobody knows whats the future holds including  what injuries players will pick up Look at the poor guy at Cardiff although that's an extreme example . He and Charlie Adam are the standouts in this league They are both nearing the end of their careers. Their respective clubs offered them contracts which theyve taken hoping to play as many games as possible 

You are of course very much entitled to your opinion 

52 minutes ago, otterjohn said:

In fact I get a big toe amputated on Monday and instead of a general anaesthetic I'm going to ask for a screen to be put up and just do a constant replay of the Kingsley and Ginellis goals 

FTH   ALWAYS HEARTS

Not recommended. 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not recommended. 

Probably not Dave but it will take plastic surgery to remove the smile from my ugly puss after some of the play last night

Its been a long time coming.

I hope we can all be a bit more patient with Robbie this time and I'm sure we will have enty to smile about

I think he's learned a lot since he managed us before

Hope so anyway

4 minutes ago, otterjohn said:

Probably not Dave but it will take plastic surgery to remove the smile from my ugly puss after some of the play last night

Its been a long time coming.

I hope we can all be a bit more patient with Robbie this time and I'm sure we will have enty to smile about

I think he's learned a lot since he managed us before

Hope so anyway

Very enjoyable last night. Onwards and upwards, hopefully. Good luck with the op. 

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not recommended. 

Sorry to rattle on especially as its supposed to be about Steven Naismith

But guys like Robbie Nelson,Drew Busby,Walter Kidd,Neil BerryHusref Musemic(only kidding)have always been my favourites.Not the most skillful but gave everything for Hearts when they pulled on the famous maroon strips

Just the same as us supporters do when we put our scarves etc on

We are lucky through the good and bad that we chose Hearts Ive always felt good about Hearts but we sometimes need a night like last night to jog our memories again

I wish all Jambos a good night and I will leave you all in peace now

Byyy The Light
3 minutes ago, otterjohn said:

Sorry to rattle on especially as its supposed to be about Steven Naismith

But guys like Robbie Nelson,Drew Busby,Walter Kidd,Neil BerryHusref Musemic(only kidding)have always been my favourites.Not the most skillful but gave everything for Hearts when they pulled on the famous maroon strips

Just the same as us supporters do when we put our scarves etc on

We are lucky through the good and bad that we chose Hearts Ive always felt good about Hearts but we sometimes need a night like last night to jog our memories again

I wish all Jambos a good night and I will leave you all in peace now

Class. Hope the op goes well. Proper Jambo.

5 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

As I have said on other threads, I don't believe Naismith will play as big a part for us this year as some suspected he would.

Not on the field anyway.

11 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Robbie said after the game that we’ve made changes and kept a Scotland international hall of famer on the bench, a little nod to Naismiths talent. Not everything has to be a drama. Walker has been on fire and the team won. Am sure Robbie and Naismith are happy with how things are. Naismith has been in the game long enough to know he’ll have to earn his place back in the starting 11. 

I’ve watched a couple of the vids of the team training and both Naismith and Robbie are having a good laugh and look happy. 
Robbie said on Friday he looked at the bench and knew he had players who could change the game.

He’ll be involved and will make a difference. IMO

10 hours ago, CJGJ said:

He was injured last week on the artificial surface hence coming off at half time

He was 'fit' though not 100% to play and was put on the bench in case he was required..he was not so why run any risk with him ?

This is not rocket science or a conspiracy theory just common sense by our management

Were my thoughts when I saw the team

Naisy has not been good enough its that simple, he is not fit at the moment and even as captain he has to earn his place back in the team. I dont like the idea of trying to get Naisy and Walker on the park at the same time at the expense of a natural wide player(pace is vital in the wide erea) or a natural number 9. Boyce is the number 9 with Whighton as back up and Naisy as a 3rd choice at the moment. In the number 10 role Walker is miles ahead of Naisy right now so its up to Naisy to get his finger out, get match fit and get himself back in the team.

12 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t think that’s in the managers thinking. More like release him on the 31st. Don’t think they see eye to eye. Could be the key to bringing in one or two unattached players. 

Why make shit up just for the sake of it??

24 minutes ago, make a noise said:

Why make shit up just for the sake of it??

Just an opinion based on stuff I have heard. Stuff might be true might not be. This is a football forum to discuss all things football relating to Hearts including rumours. If we were just to talk about facts it would be pretty boring. 

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

I’ve watched a couple of the vids of the team training and both Naismith and Robbie are having a good laugh and look happy. 
Robbie said on Friday he looked at the bench and knew he had players who could change the game.

He’ll be involved and will make a difference. IMO

Hope so because a Naismith fit and in form is better than anything in the league.  Interesting though that the pecking order for bringing players on to change the game had Wighton, Halliday and Haring all preferred ahead of Naismith. 

He's had a few opportunities in the Betfred Cup games same as everyone else and hasn't impressed so far. Glad that Robbie isn't afraid to drop the skipper and I think most people would agree that Walker is ahead of him on current form in the number 10 position. 

Naisy will need to earn his place back which is changed days from reading a line up before a game and knowing we were going to lose if he wasn't in it.

You do realise all it will take is for Naismith to play to his potential score a couple of goals hopefully In the semi final and 90% on here will be saying how he must be in the team every week 

Football fans are fickle and both Walker and Naismith are only 90 minutes away from being in or out of favour 

The man in form will be in the team, I still don’t discount both being in the team 

52 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

You do realise all it will take is for Naismith to play to his potential score a couple of goals hopefully In the semi final and 90% on here will be saying how he must be in the team every week 

Football fans are fickle and both Walker and Naismith are only 90 minutes away from being in or out of favour 

The man in form will be in the team, I still don’t discount both being in the team 

Walker , like any other player , will play better when he knows his place isn't guaranteed

Naismith will play his part . Wonder if tactics will change a lot for cup games ?

Both might play then 

Happy for him to stay on the bench unless he's playing as a striker...and only if Boyce is injured. Christ, even Wighton has shown more so far.

Selection on merit is the way it should be and I couldn't give a toss if he misses the next international squad because of it.

4 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Hope so because a Naismith fit and in form is better than anything in the league.  Interesting though that the pecking order for bringing players on to change the game had Wighton, Halliday and Haring all preferred ahead of Naismith. 

Perhaps because he’s not 100% and would only play if we were toiling, which we weren’t.

Personally I’d have taken Olly off before Ginnelly  but I know nowt, obviously 

Edited by Jamhammer

Guest ToqueJambo

I'd still rather have Naismith as a bit part player for us than see him at another club in Scotland. Every club in the Premiership outwith the OF would take him in a heartbeat.

On 18/10/2020 at 15:45, Jamhammer said:

Perhaps because he’s not 100% and would only play if we were toiling, which we weren’t.

Personally I’d have taken Olly off before Ginnelly  but I know nowt, obviously 

Taking a long time to get fit whilst sitting in the bench for 180 mins? 

Never Let Them Forget

I find it strange having him on the bench and not bringing him on in these games to try get him fit for the Semi like he’s doing with Halliday/Haring.

Is Robbie sending him a message that he’s got a lot of work to do to get in the team? Or trying to sicken him by making him travel to the game and sit on the bench?

I think the plan would've been to give him minutes last night but the injury to Ginnelly kind of forced our hand to use a sub and if he wasn't fit for 90, he wouldn't have been an option to play 80 out wide either.  Then the second sub is similar, Frear had run his race and it needed to be a wide player that came on. 

Sometimes games don't pan out the way you want.  I am sure Robbie would've liked to play him, but how tight the game was meant we had to manage it.  The only players he could've really came on for was Boyce or Walker. Boyce was playing well and Walker was sacrificed to see out the game.

3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Taking a long time to get fit whilst sitting in the bench for 180 mins? 

If he's on the bench I trust our manager to use him if he feels the need. Of course he's sitting on the bench for daily training too. I get that you think he's not worth persisting with. I disagree with you.

Value for money? 

It will be interesting to see how many minutes on the pitch he racks up this season.

For someone so talented, i think he'll be quickly forgotten when he leaves. 

33 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Value for money? 

It will be interesting to see how many minutes on the pitch he racks up this season.

For someone so talented, i think he'll be quickly forgotten when he leaves. 

He won’t be missed. An abject failure. 

The highest paid players in the squad who performed the worst in my lifetime. 

He has been injured for four out of his last five seasons going back to Norwich. 

Apart from an instinctively good finisher I am also not sure what talent you are alluding to?

Pace? Ability to beat a man? Passing? 

5 hours ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

I find it strange having him on the bench and not bringing him on in these games to try get him fit for the Semi like he’s doing with Halliday/Haring.

Is Robbie sending him a message that he’s got a lot of work to do to get in the team? Or trying to sicken him by making him travel to the game and sit on the bench?

I'm thinking the same he's been taking part in training so no sure why he's not getting game time

I think the games we've had have forced Robbie's hand. If it was still 0-0 at 75-80 mins last night we'd have seen Naismith instead of Haring.

2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

If he's on the bench I trust our manager to use him if he feels the need. Of course he's sitting on the bench for daily training too. I get that you think he's not worth persisting with. I disagree with you.

Check my earlier posts. I said a fit and in form Naismith us what we need. I don’t think his fitness is currently an issue otherwise he wouldn’t be sitting on the bench. 

41 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Check my earlier posts. I said a fit and in form Naismith us what we need. I don’t think his fitness is currently an issue otherwise he wouldn’t be sitting on the bench. 

I’d rather have him than not.

Ive no idea what the White/Frear sub was about other than Frear having a poor game but we scored after it.

Next week, if Naismith is on the bench or in the team then he can make a difference. I trust Robbie to use him to our advantage or not 

On 17/10/2020 at 22:27, Pasquale for King said:

I think you’re reading too much into it, we only have three subs in the league and the ones that were made weren’t in positions he could really go into and do what the subs did. 

Still think I’m reading too much into it??

2 hours ago, jambocub said:

I'm thinking the same he's been taking part in training so no sure why he's not getting game time

Only use in an emergency. 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, jambocub said:

There's been no need. Wouldn't be surprised to see a big game player thrown in in a big game though.

It's also a case of where do we play him? Boyce is #1 striker and Walker is #1 No. 10. He doesn't have the pace to play wide in terms of the way we've been playing so far.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Kidd’s Boots

There's no rush I can see to use Naismith at the moment. 5 goals in the Betfred and 7 in the league without him suggests that the expectation we place on his presence and contributions are just that. Ginnelly and Roberts are more of a miss for the shape RN wants from the team. No doubt there will come a time during the season when he gets a run, and we can judge our expectations of him them.

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Still think I’m reading too much into it??

Yes, we only have three subs in the league, if it had stayed at 0-0 he surely would’ve gone on last night instead of Haring surely.?

Guest ToqueJambo
15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes, we only have three subs in the league, if it had stayed at 0-0 he surely would’ve gone on last night instead of Haring surely.?

I think in terms of players that have had injury problems returning, getting Haring back up to speed is a much bigger priority than giving Naismith minutes. We've been creating and scoring without Naismith and arguably giving Wighton time to build confidence will be more beneficial in the long run. However, Haring would significantly improve the whole team. Getting him back as a starter would be huge for our season.