Full.....Scottish or English?

Angel eyes

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

No one produces goods for a loss (lost leader exempt here for all you economic nuts)..... So, Just a wee thought here, what sort of road kill are in these to churn a profit?

Literally must the hooves, lips, eyeballs the floor scrapings at that :lol:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• highlandjambo3

• ri Alban

• Tazio

• Pans Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, weehammy said:

My brother ordered a 7 item breakfast at Dobbies - 6 x bacon and a sausage!

Lucky it wasn't the vegetarian option, 6 beans and a tomato.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, weehammy said:

My brother ordered a 7 item breakfast at Dobbies - 6 x bacon and a sausage!

:D

9 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

My breakfast choices very much reflect that I am an Englishman who has lived in Scotland his whole life, it’s a mixed bag!:

Bacon

Fried Bread

beans

mushrooms

Haggis

Square Sausage 

Fried Egg

Hash Browns

White Toast.

I am literally salivating now! 

Add Black Pudding and that’s virtually perfect. 

11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Add Black Pudding and that’s virtually perfect. 

You could start a movement . . . Black Puddings Matter.  :)

It needs fried bread.

the king of all breakfast additions .

fruit pudding , square sausage, tattie scone 

loads of mushrooms 

fried tomatoes 

hash browns with salt

toast and lurpak

14 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

It needs fried bread.

loads of mushrooms 

fried tomatoes 

hash browns with salt

toast and lurpak

I you want the full experience you don’t butter the toast until it’s cold. Hotel toast. 

56 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

It needs fried bread.

loads of mushrooms 

fried tomatoes 

hash browns with salt

toast and lurpak

How can you have just added at least four of the most horrendous breakfast ingredients into one post?

18 minutes ago, Morgan said:

How can you have just added at least four of the most horrendous breakfast ingredients into one post?

Slave to my old granny from winchburgh, he breakfasts were amazing.

1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

Slave to my old granny from winchburgh, he breakfasts were amazing.

Fair enough, Doc.

Do you, as an aside, have any knowledge of a family called Cairns in Winchburgh?

7 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Fair enough, Doc.

Do you, as an aside, have any knowledge of a family called Cairns in Winchburgh?

No, I was a kid, granda was a trucker for newlAnds, made redundant , lost everything and they had to move out .  
the village was only a hamlet when they were there, moved to Bathgate but he was broken and ended up in long term care shortly after.

highlandjambo3

You see, the thing about square sausage is there are different qualities (like everything I suppose) and, I guess the butchers fresh stuff in the cold display could be ok and better than the frozen stuff but, I remember a few years ago I had a frozen block of 12 slices from Iceland/farmfood which said “cook from frozen” but it had thawed out and was literally a bag of red jelly, there was nothing solid in the bag.........no thanks, I’ve never had square sausage since.

11 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

You could start a movement . . . Black Puddings Matter.  :)

With all this consumption of protein and fat and virtually zero fibre, let's be honest, nobody is going to be starting a movement for a while...

1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

With all this consumption of protein and fat and virtually zero fibre, let's be honest, nobody is going to be starting a movement for a while...

No doubt some may say that you are talking crap!!  :)

On 03/09/2020 at 14:31, AlimOzturk said:

My wife worked in a chippy for years. All it is taking a bottle of gold star broon sauce and watering it down until you get the desired consistency. Unless some chippies have a secret recipe then I can’t see how you can’t replicate it. Honestly, that’s all they do lol you actually get some chippies selling small bottles of the gold star for double the price. It is a gimmick. 

Edit to add not meaning to sound condescending. 

I have spent years, nay decades assuming that some vinegar was added to the brown sauce.

Doing some cursory research in this (a google search even takes you to an old JKB discussion) has resulted in my long held assumptions being found to be incorrect.

Whilst I am grateful for the new knowledge,  I am also a bit embarrassed at not knowing the facts about a local culinary delicacy. 

Anyway, this is an aside, chippy sauce should be nowhere near a breakfast plate, albeit still before tomato ketchup.

2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

You see, the thing about square sausage is there are different qualities (like everything I suppose) and, I guess the butchers fresh stuff in the cold display could be ok and better than the frozen stuff but, I remember a few years ago I had a frozen block of 12 slices from Iceland/farmfood which said “cook from frozen” but it had thawed out and was literally a bag of red jelly, there was nothing solid in the bag.........no thanks, I’ve never had square sausage since.

My local butcher in Porty, Findlay's, does their own amazing square sausage, walks all over the stuff you get in supermarkets. 

Slice of that and some Stornaway black pudding has to be part of every full breakfast I make in the house.

22 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

My breakfast choices very much reflect that I am an Englishman who has lived in Scotland his whole life, it’s a mixed bag!:

Bacon

Fried Bread

beans

mushrooms

Haggis

Square Sausage 

Fried Egg

Hash Browns

White Toast.

I am literally salivating now! 

No link? or blackpud? 

2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Pity.

Belchers frozen square sausage is decent. As is Lidls frozen scottish one. Accept that these will be processed crap but they are tasty. Love a square sausage piece with fried onion. Handy cooked from frozen as its an easy cooked breaky or workies lunch if you've not been out to shops for bacon and eggs.

Edited by Alan_R

Just pick the best from both, guys. Get the lorne in the bin and replace it with link, but also have some haggis on there and an occasional tattie scone. Certainly not a hash brown and you can keep your warm, soggy, tomato.

highlandjambo3
42 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Just pick the best from both, guys. Get the lorne in the bin and replace it with link, but also have some haggis on there and an occasional tattie scone. Certainly not a hash brown and you can keep your warm, soggy, tomato.

Fur goat to say......for best results puncture the tattie scone repeatedly on both sides with a sharp knife, thin layer of butter both sides, wrap in tinfoil and blast in oven for 15 minutes or so....turn the wee tinfoil pack over half way through.

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

:vrface:

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Heart attack on a plate but once a week is fine I suppose.

However, no sauce as it kills the natural aromas and flavours

Sauce on a fish supper is acceptable.

This is the exact problem with baked beans. 

Poor effort from The Coffee Lounge in Tranent this morning. Looked good on paper but when it came it was like they had used Asda own brand everything. Link sausages, fried egg, tattie scone, tomato, beans and hash brown.

You could also add 2 slice of haggis or 2 slice of black pudding, I asked for 1 of each and was told "he won't do that" so marks off for customer service.

2 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Here, i know everyone likes a fried egg, but see if you replace it with scrambled eggs, even the beans get better. 

Is that because scrambled eggs are shite so everything else is elevated in comparison?

12 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Is that because scrambled eggs are shite so everything else is elevated in comparison?

They're only shite if you can't cook. 😉

16 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I love my baked beans..  

There’s beans and there’s bean Hienz yes thick sauce you know they’re good but they big industrial tins they use in supermarket/schools/work canteens runny tasteless efforts yuk......and I know it’s all going in the same place but it needs to be tidy no splattered everywhere...24-A5-CA19-17-F5-4619-9-FA1-989-ECDD04-D

John Gentleman
20 hours ago, graygo said:

Poor effort from The Coffee Lounge in Tranent this morning. Looked good on paper but when it came it was like they had used Asda own brand everything. Link sausages, fried egg, tattie scone, tomato, beans and hash brown.

You could also add 2 slice of haggis or 2 slice of black pudding, I asked for 1 of each and was told "he won't do that" so marks off for customer service.

Would've been fine if they were properly socially distanced.