• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• highlandjambo3

• ri Alban

• Tazio

• The Real Maroonblood

5 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

You do realise that chippy brown is sauce is simply watered down gold star brown sauce that you buy for a pound from any super market? 
79544_76.jpg

I do and i have tried to replicate it, but haven't been able to

6 minutes ago, mrmarkus1981 said:

I do and i have tried to replicate it, but haven't been able to

My wife worked in a chippy for years. All it is taking a bottle of gold star broon sauce and watering it down until you get the desired consistency. Unless some chippies have a secret recipe then I can’t see how you can’t replicate it. Honestly, that’s all they do lol you actually get some chippies selling small bottles of the gold star for double the price. It is a gimmick. 

Edit to add not meaning to sound condescending. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

5 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

It’s for the vegetarians........so, have you tried it then?

I have tried it, it was rancid. Tastes nothing like haggis. 

I did have a superb full english at a wee greasy spoon just outside King's Cross last time I visited London.

2 bacon, 2 link sausage, 2 fried eggs, mushrooms, hash brown, beans, tomato, 2 toast.

:greggy:

However the atmosphere was ruined when two young guys with boy-band haircuts wearing trainers and no socks came in and ordered the "avocado smash breakfast and soya milk lattes"

:seething: :getout:

Edited by Cade

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Both. 😋

Take the beans, tomato and mushrooms away from both and there'll be room on the plate for the decent stuff that's left.

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

My wife worked in a chippy for years. All it is taking a bottle of gold star broon sauce and watering it down until you get the desired consistency. Unless some chippies have a secret recipe then I can’t see how you can’t replicate it. Honestly, that’s all they do lol you actually get some chippies selling small bottles of the gold star for double the price. It is a gimmick. 

Edit to add not meaning to sound condescending. 

i think some chippies add a little extra vinegar to their chippy sauce during the diluting rather than just straight water

J.T.F.Robertson
11 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

3-DC1-F692-307-D-405-E-84-EB-F4-F80-B617

D77-A3222-83-CE-46-BD-9-E85-652639-E54-E
ya can keep your tattie scones......

Could murder either! :(

The White Cockade

Square sausage 

Tattie scone 

Black Pudding

Haggis

Fruit Pudding

Bacon

Fried Bread

Fried Tomato

Mug of tea

Food of the Gods

highlandjambo3

When my mrs and I have a breakfast out I always, always, ALWAYS..........end up getting the “arse” part of the tomato:

Absolutely without fail, to the point where it’s uncanny and spooky, I say to the Mrs before turning the thing over “what’s the betting It’s the arse”.

5A34B137-803B-489C-B97F-477601544EFD.jpeg

No one is doing the fry up right.

Bacon

Fried egg (soft)

2 butchers sausages

Black pudding 

Tattie scone 

Mushrooms

2 fresh rolls with lurpak 

The finishing touch 

Tinned chopped tomatoes with loads of juice.

18 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Anything and everything except Lorne sausage and fruit pudding.

And not at breakfast time.  Can’t eat anything until lunchtime.

Adding of Chips when it's yer dinner. Or waffles. 

2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

When my mrs and I have a breakfast out I always, always, ALWAYS..........end up getting the “arse” part of the tomato:

Absolutely without fail, to the point where it’s uncanny and spooky, I say to the Mrs before turning the thing over “what’s the betting It’s the arse”.

5A34B137-803B-489C-B97F-477601544EFD.jpeg

I just about PMSL at this.

In our hoose, if you got the short straw and had to do breakfast for everyone you'd better make sure mum never got this. 

jack D and coke
5 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

It is but it isn’t a breakfast brown sauce. HP is the only choice IMO

I agree only prefer daddies. Gold Star brown on chips though. 

21 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Full Nelson. Like a normal fry up but without all the fat and carbs so it’s ‘armless. 

Full tin of muller rice for you. 

45 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Full Nelson. Like a normal fry up but without all the fat and carbs so it’s ‘armless. 

Healthy option is the right option.

Vice Admiral Horatio Nelson did not become a top seaworthy person (some would say pirate!) without dining on the finest food available to himself and his able seamen.

☠️

I dont mind either TBH however; the English black pudding is feckin RANK ROTTEN and I mean anywhere in England. Its shit! Absolutrly howling effort at a black pudding!

Also, cumberland sausages with all the herbs n shit in them!!! WTF is that all about? Whats wrong with a pork sausage with some seasoning in them? Done!

Lastly, if youre going to have a tomato thats fine as long as its a real tomato cut in half & grilled. Not one of those tinned slimey skinned efforts that make everything on your plate all soggy. Just stop that eh?

Edited by Pans Jambo

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Adding of Chips when it's yer dinner. Or waffles. 

I like tattie waffles. Only the Birds Eye yins though. Done in the pop up toaster. 

In terms of the abhorrent recommendation of Richmond sausages further up I’d like to offer a good alternative. I’ve recently started buying Tesco Bratwurst sausages. Made in Germany for Tesco and well tasty compared to the blandness of many sausages out there. Co-Op sausages are normally pretty good as well, or Tesco pork and black pepper. 

5 hours ago, Herbert said:

No one is doing the fry up right.

Bacon

Fried egg (soft)

2 butchers sausages

Black pudding 

Tattie scone 

Mushrooms

2 fresh rolls with lurpak 

The finishing touch 

Tinned chopped tomatoes with loads of juice.

:nozal:

6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

In terms of the abhorrent recommendation of Richmond sausages further up I’d like to offer a good alternative. I’ve recently started buying Tesco Bratwurst sausages. Made in Germany for Tesco and well tasty compared to the blandness of many sausages out there. Co-Op sausages are normally pretty good as well, or Tesco pork and black pepper. 

These bad boys are a quid in the Co-op. Probably full of trotters, foreskin & pork parts scraped off the floor but they are bloody delicious. Well tasty. 

99D4B80D-4CDA-4CC8-A72D-3B9F1AA23861.jpeg

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

These bad boys are a quid in the Co-op. Probably full of trotters, foreskin & pork parts scraped off the floor but they are bloody delicious. Well tasty. 

I try not to ever think about what is in sausages and the like. That way lies madness. 

55 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Over 2 months past their use by date, nae wunner they're a pound. 😁

6 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

I like tattie waffles. Only the Birds Eye yins though. Done in the pop up toaster. 

Do they even cook in a toaster? Oven job for me. 

highlandjambo3
11 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Full Niddrie

2 x lorne sausage

1 x chicken and mushroom pot noodle (drained and poured on top)

Hahaha.....laughed at that 

I'd say it was usually pointless dressing my plate in some sort of order, as everything was stacked on two rolls or 2 slices of plain bread. 

Quite like the Full Niddrie, but I usually just dip a couple of rolls or sandwiches into an over watered down pot scud(CnM or BnT). 

Edited by ri Alban

Governor Tarkin
8 hours ago, graygo said:

Ya dancer, roll on the Inverness away game. 👍

Aye, where is your joint @highlandjambo3?

I'd consider bringing the family north just for the breakfast.

9 hours ago, leginten said:

:nozal:

Oh yes, it goes with everything on the plate, I usually have the 2nd roll with just butter and use it to mop up and it's the best part of the breakfast.

Governor Tarkin
9 hours ago, Tazio said:

Richmond do a very decent meat free version these days, Taz.

Excellent for casseroles and the like.

highlandjambo3
22 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Aye, where is your joint @highlandjambo3?

I'd consider bringing the family north just for the breakfast.

Highland capital here......originally Niddrie and Gilmerton though.......see, you can better yourself 😀

9 hours ago, graygo said:

Over 2 months past their use by date, nae wunner they're a pound. 😁

:laugh:. Its a stock photo off Google images mate but my point still stands...for a pound they're awesome value.

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Do they even cook in a toaster? Oven job for me. 

They do. Whack the timer up full & when it pops, turn the waffles head to toe and give them another round. Perfect results every time!

Brighton Jambo

My breakfast choices very much reflect that I am an Englishman who has lived in Scotland his whole life, it’s a mixed bag!:

Bacon

Fried Bread

beans

mushrooms

Haggis

Square Sausage 

Fried Egg

Hash Browns

White Toast.

I am literally salivating now! 

Edited by Brighton Jambo

highlandjambo3
6 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

:laugh:. Its a stock photo off Google images mate but my point still stands...for a pound they're awesome value.

No one produces goods for a loss (lost leader exempt here for all you economic nuts)..... So, Just a wee thought here, what sort of road kill are in these to churn a profit?

7 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Highland capital here......originally Niddrie and Gilmerton though.......see, you can better yourself 😀

Loved living and working in Inverness. I'd go back tomorrow, in a Heartbeat. 

Edited by ri Alban

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

No one produces goods for a loss (lost leader exempt here for all you economic nuts)..... So, Just a wee thought here, what sort of road kill are in these to churn a profit?

I have no idea but I stand by what I have said, they're delicious (& 63% pork which is why they're allowed to call them "Pork" sausages, otherwise, they have to call them just "sausages").

Which is why I never buy sausages that are described as just "sausages" on the packet. Hoofs, eyelids and arseholes.

"Beef" or "Pork" have to have a minimum percentage by volume of the meat they claim to be in order to be described as either Beef or pork. I am not sure what the percentage is but its around 60% if I remember.

They try to glamorise them by calling them "Irish Recipe" or "British Sausages" but theyre just full of shite!

Edited by Pans Jambo