Tv Wall brackets

jamtartan74

I’m looking to put my telly on the wall and not sure what wall mount to buy, anyone know much about these? Would any bracket do? It’s a sharp 40”, I see plenty on amazon that are saying universal but before I purchase just looking to see if anyone has any experience of buying these and if they fit most telly’s I don’t have a clue. Cheers. 

Usually need to check that the bracket matches up with the VESA dimensions on the TV. 

Look for the holes on the back of the TV and measure the height & width before checking the technical info on the bracket to confirm it will fit. 

I have bought a couple - VonHaus was the last one and it was well priced and felt really well built/sturdy (it had to be as it is a pull out/tilt/turn style bracket).

Bought one discount one a couple of years back that i'd recommend  - it did a 40" TV fine and plenty of adjustment points to work around the mount points on the back of the set. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00O32BOU6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Only other advice is make sure you get some decent rawl plugs and screws to bolt the main part of the bracket onto the wall.

jack D and coke

Pretty universal yeah. Most of the brackets are adjustable. Use eBay and message the seller with model too. Most will be ok though as long as they are for a 40” set. 

You'll probably be fine but you can Google your TVs model number and pretty much every website that lists it will have the VESA dimensions as part of the specs. Just make sure it matches the bracket you buy.

First ask yourself...

Do you want it to swivel? If so by how much?

Do you want it to be close to the wall in a fixed position?

You DO want it to tilt. It'll help take away reflections from celling lights.

You don't need to spend a fortune. This is great for a fixed position and very easy to fit. The simplicity of it's wonderful. I've got a 49" on one in the bedroom. https://ao.com/product/vml41b2-sanus-tv-wall-bracket-black-45210-120.aspx

Living room telly is on one that extends out 50cm and angles well. You'll have to do your own research for that.

Cheers for the replies, I have purchased one from amazon that’s a universal one fairly cheap so can send it back if it’s no good but looks as though it will do the trick.