Dunfermline ownership

Footballfirst

On 06/09/2020 at 16:46, Steph the Pars fan said:

It's hilarious that you're as bitter as rangers fans over this. How pathetic could some fans be? Wanting Pars to "go tits up" hoping we get our "assets stripped" etc. Why? 

Why would you want this to happen to any team? 

Is it because you have a sense of entitlement? Are you all seething because other clubs wouldn't vote in such a way that would keep you in the premier league? Don't you see that if your team was good enough you'd not be in the relegation zone? Is it envy? Did you lot just realise that fan ownership has its limitations? Are you all spewing because we, the Pars, have gotten the type of help you lot clearly need? 

Get a grip guys, we are taking a gamble here, and it could all go horribly wrong for us. Almost every Pars fan I know has total trust in the guys at the helm of our club, and totally believe they had done their homework on these new investors. We can only hope that these guys see our club more as a toy than a huge money spinner. It could all totally backfire, but we trust that our BOD have done the best for our club. Our BOD are all fans that stood on the terraces singing their lungs out to help our team on the park, and like you guys we want our team to play at the highest level possible. You surely have to respect that at least? But to spew out some of the bile I've read on here is totally beneath any football fan outside the pathetic whinging rangers fans

ive read Hibs.net on this subject, and they are wishing us nothing but luck in this new chapter of our existence, but you lot sound nothing but bitter about it. 

Why? 

Why do you want this to fail, to go "tits up"? To have all our "assets stripped"? What difference would new investors in the Pars make to you lot? Do you fear that we will finish above you this season? Is your confidence in your teams ability so small you are resorting to pathetic ill feelings towards any team that look like they may have a small advantage over you?

as I've pointed out already, this thread makes you lot look like you have a sense of entitlement like those rangers fans that feel hard done by every time they get beat.

its pathetic guys, and as football fans you'd feel the same if others were posting in this manner about your team taking a gamble like this. 

I fully expect this post to be removed due to you guys smashing the shite out of the report button, but you must see how childish your response on here looks. 

just another "fan" that's done practically zero research into our expulsion to the league below. 

really hope we do boycott so many away games when allowed back into grounds. it might actually prompt one or two of the home fans to properly dig into the reasons why.... 

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• soonbe110

• davemclaren

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

adambraejambo

It's hilarious that you're as bitter as rangers fans over this. How pathetic could some fans be? Wanting Pars to "go tits up" hoping we get our "assets stripped" etc. Why? 

Is it because you have a sense of entitlement? Are you all seething because other clubs wouldn't vote in such a way that would keep you in the premier league? Don't you see that if your team was good enough you'd not be in the relegation zone? Is it envy? Did you lot just realise that fan ownership has its limitations? Are you all spewing because we, the Pars, have gotten the type of help you lot clearly need? 

Get a grip guys, we are taking a gamble here, and it could all go horribly wrong for us. Almost every Pars fan I know has total trust in the guys at the helm of our club, and totally believe they had done their homework on these new investors. We can only hope that these guys see our club more as a toy than a huge money spinner. It could all totally backfire, but we trust that our BOD have done the best for our club. Our BOD are all fans that stood on the terraces singing their lungs out to help our team on the park, and like you guys we want our team to play at the highest level possible. You surely have to respect that at least? But to spew out some of the bile I've read on here is totally beneath any football fan outside the pathetic whinging rangers fans

ive read Hibs.net on this subject, and they are wishing us nothing but luck in this new chapter of our existence, but you lot sound nothing but bitter about it. 

Why? 

Why do you want this to fail, to go "tits up"? To have all our "assets stripped"? What difference would new investors in the Pars make to you lot? Do you fear that we will finish above you this season? Is your confidence in your teams ability so small you are resorting to pathetic ill feelings towards any team that look like they may have a small advantage over you?

as I've pointed out already, this thread makes you lot look like you have a sense of entitlement like those rangers fans that feel hard done by every time they get beat.

its pathetic guys, and as football fans you'd feel the same if others were posting in this manner about your team taking a gamble like this. 

I fully expect this post to be removed due to you guys smashing the shite out of the report button, but you must see how childish your response on here looks. 

I dont think football is for you if you going to get so upset because some complete strangers are saying some stuff about your club that you dont agree with. 

If your team had been expelled from your league three-quarters of the way through a season on a proposal cobbled together by the board of the governing body which is dominated by chairmen of clubs with a vested interest,  then  you'd  understand why.

Is it because you have a sense of entitlement?

No - but a club with a sense of entitlement does exist, the one which was the catalyst for the events which resulted in Hearts expulsion.

Are you all seething because other clubs wouldn't vote in such a way that would keep you in the premier league?

Aahh... now you're getting close.  Well done !!  Actually, the seethe is because certain clubs went back on their initial intent to "do no harm" resulting from Covid-related actions. 

Don't you see that if your team was good enough you'd not be in the relegation zone?

Yes, we all agree - but you should  check the SPFL rules for the definition of relegation.

Is it envy? 

No - Hearts have been down that road before.  Once bitten, twice shy.

Did you lot just realise that fan ownership has its limitations?

Yes we do - but the limitations of being owned by a foreign company is more dangerous.  Our fan ownership vehicle means that an inward investor would have to be guaranteeing to plough a net  £1.5 m EVERY year into Hearts to even get an interview.

Are you all spewing because we, the Pars, have gotten the type of help you lot clearly need? 

No - see above responses.

Get a grip guys, we are taking a gamble here, and it could all go horribly wrong for us. Almost every Pars fan I know has total trust in the guys at the helm of our club, and totally believe they had done their homework on these new investors.

Good luck with that as a recommendation for going ahead !!

We can only hope that these guys see our club more as a toy than a huge money spinner.

Eh ?   You think being taken over as a plaything for the Germans  is somehow safer than  being  a cash cow for them ? 

It could all totally backfire, but we trust that our BOD have done the best for our club.

Sounds like you're in the last chance saloon if it goes ahead. Hardly a glowing accolade for the competence of your directors. 

Our BOD are all fans that stood on the terraces singing their lungs out to help our team on the park.

Ha-ha - you're not falling for that old chestnut .... are you ?  

ive read Hibs.net on this subject, and they are wishing us nothing but luck in this new chapter of our existence.

Ha-ha  - that's a good one.   Any thoughts on why these low-lifes  might be wishing you well  ?   Here's a clue - they hate Hearts, and Dunfermline are in the same league. 

Do you fear that we will finish above you this season?

Ha-ha  - that's your best one yet.    For the avoidance of doubt .... the answer is "no". 

Is your confidence in your teams ability so small you are resorting to pathetic ill feelings towards any team that look like they may have a small advantage over you?

Eh - no.

10 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:
More Americans, more moneyball sabermetrics, more disappointment. Expect Hearts to go the same way.

Celtic fans are amongst the most dim witted creatures on the planet. The only surprising thing, is that they insist on constantly publicising the fact.

15 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:
More Americans, more moneyball sabermetrics, more disappointment. Expect Hearts to go the same way.

What’s that story got to do with us?

He ends a tweet about hibs with “Glory Glory”. What a complete nonce. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

What’s that story got to do with us?

It’s all about about Hearts for these dicks... as Richard Gordon will testify.

Bazzas right boot

Why? 

More bitter Tbh, rangers deserved it. We didn't. 

The rest of your post has already been answered. 

Ironically, I've wanted a bigger league for a while so that traditionally bigger sides like you, Partick, Dundee, Falkirk even the likes of Raith etc don't dissappear as the top league is closed shop amongst other things. Don't care now, hope every we shite team goes pop. 

13 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Celtic fans are amongst the most dim witted creatures on the planet. The only surprising thing, is that they insist on constantly publicising the fact.

Can't disagree..

Guest ToqueJambo
On 06/09/2020 at 08:46, Steph the Pars fan said:

Why? 

By voting the way they did, other clubs put fellow clubs at risk needlessly during a global crisis.

Not so much us thanks to our fan contributions but certainly Partick Thistle. 

Obviously there's a lot of ill will going around because of that. Good luck with your new owner. You'll need it given recent Scottish football history is littered with stories of this kind of "investment" ending very badly for clubs.

Like many Hearts fans I've always wanted a larger top league, with Dunfermline being one of the clubs I'd look to step up. Not now. Your club like others acted disgracefully.

Edited by ToqueJambo

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Beast Boy said:

It’s all about about Hearts for these dicks... as Richard Gordon will testify.

It’s quite satisfying that, for all our under achievement over the years, we get severely under the skins of Celtic morons. I had a guy at work once, a Celtic fan who I could happily talk football with, who admitted that many Celtic fans hate Hearts more than Rangers.
It is bizarre but gives me a nice warm feeling. 

Furthermore, after the witch hunt of the summer months towards our club, by clubs who really should have been able to take a wee morality check to themselves, I don’t give a monkey’s what harm befalls most clubs in Scotland in the future. They know what they did to us, Partick and Stranraer. Karma has a wicked habit of coming round.

Doctor FinnBarr
6 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

It’s quite satisfying that, for all our under achievement over the years, we get severely under the skins of Celtic morons. I had a guy at work once, a Celtic fan who I could happily talk football with, who admitted that many Celtic fans hate Hearts more than Rangers.

Furthermore, after the witch hunt of the summer months towards our club, by clubs who really should have been able to take a wee morality check to themselves, I don’t give a monkey’s what harm befalls most clubs in Scotland in the future. They know what they did to us, Partick and Stranraer. Karma has a wicked habit of coming round.

I get the same in my local mate from Celtic fans, they understand Rangers and where they're coming from but we confuse them. Honestly get more enjoyment sitting and talking fitba with a couple of local Hobbits.

28 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

I get the same in my local mate from Celtic fans, they understand Rangers and where they're coming from but we confuse them. Honestly get more enjoyment sitting and talking fitba with a couple of local Hobbits.

tbf it doesn't take much to do that

Glamorgan Jambo
2 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

An unreconstructed Hearts hater. Loudly and consistently predicted our liquidation 6 or so years ago. Can be safely ignored.

I thought I might be pretty sanguine about our treatment by now but the opposite is the case.  I'm still getting angrier by degrees every day.

I wish nothing but abject misery on the SPFL, the OF and every club which voted against us.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

So, Celtic then? Every year their main aim is European glory. Every year they spend millions to try to achieve it. Every year they're "disappointed".

Edited by ToqueJambo

Toxteth O'Grady

Why? 

Away and ram a hot Stephens bridie up your farter

Why? 

Hearts fans went to East End Park in their thousands to help DAFC in its hour of need. In return, your Chairman chose to shaft us.

Good luck, you’ll need it.

5 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

Hearts fans went to East End Park in their thousands to help DAFC in its hour of need. In return, your Chairman chose to shaft us.

Good luck, you’ll need it.

Exactly

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

This is it in a nutshell with Celtic fans. They meet Hearts fans and they realise 99% of us hate Rangers as much as they do and for all the same reasons. And they just can't handle it. I hear the same from Hibee mates who meet Celtic fans who treat them like long-lost brothers.

Celtic fans hate the "two cheeks of the same arse" stuff but that's their place in Scottish football, for all eternity.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Hearts are not The Pars, and we would definitely need to  ensure we retained  51% ownership.  IF such a bidder was not happy with that, they would not have Hearts' interest at heart, so they can walk.

We also need to be careful that with no crowds and less income over coming months we are not " picked off cheap"   but  my first sentence really covers this.  Also watch out for any future possible Vlad

situation where our team and manager or head coach are run by a third party. 

41 minutes ago, Alva-Jambo said:

Hearts are not The Pars, and we would definitely need to  ensure we retained  51% ownership.  IF such a bidder was not happy with that, they would not have Hearts' interest at heart, so they can walk.

We also need to be careful that with no crowds and less income over coming months we are not " picked off cheap"   but  my first sentence really covers this.  Also watch out for any future possible Vlad

Like how Jack Ross is at Hibs? Or Holt at Livingston? Or every Celtic manager for years? 

Stupid Sexy Flanders
3 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

A few years ago, when I had not long started at my work, I was speaking a a Rangers fan ahead of our game against them that weekend. Another guy, who I'd never met or spoken to, came up and said "I hope Rangers hammer they Jambo *******s on Saturday". I was baffled when I later found out he was a Celtic fan. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
On 01/09/2020 at 15:25, NANOJAMBO said:

Seriously, foreign investment into a tin pot Scottish club that's the equivalent of Conference football ?

Why ?

This. Why the feck are Germans buying that shite outfit in that shite town?

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

To finish the job the JU88s tried to do in WW2? 🤷‍♂️

Konrad von Carstein
12 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Moved to Dunfermline a year ago...it's nice enough...

:muggy::tlj:

3 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Moved to Dunfermline a year ago...it's nice enough...

:muggy::tlj:

That could be the shittest city slogan ever.........Dunfermline “It’s nice enough”👍

16 minutes ago, Rabgee said:

That could be the shittest city slogan ever.........Dunfermline “It’s nice enough”👍

That's way better than:-

"What's It Called? Cumbernauld!" 🤣

20200910_012131.jpg

My half sister

Steph, no mention of you lot shafting Partick Thistle or your chairman's alleged bullying of other clubs or the way Inverness CT have been cast aside for standing up against the corruption of Good Friday.

I know your chairman personally, he worked at Slater Hogg in Falkirk, moved to PIA, then Bankhall, set up 360, sold to Standard Life, he is a proper Pars man, but he stood by and allowed Good Friday to happen.

In years to come, people will look back in amazement that what happened to Partick Thistle and us and Stranraer and Falkirk was allowed to happen. People will laugh and say 'how did we allow that?'

Your club are culpable and the sooner you die, the better.

32 minutes ago, Rabgee said:

14 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

That's way better than:-

"What's It Called? Cumbernauld!" 🤣

20200910_012131.jpg

Ps ...that makes the old Glasgow one look like genius!  (Glasgow's Miles Better = Glasgow Smiles Better).

But my, oh my, the Edinburgh ones? Deary me!

20200910_013036.jpg

20200910_013417.jpg

6 hours ago, Alva-Jambo said:

I would sell to James

As long as he gave us it back later 😉

On 01/09/2020 at 18:03, ToqueJambo said:

"The investors have a deep and sound knowledge of football and of commercial marketing"

Their investment into Dunfermline suggests otherwise.

Football attracts charlatans, chancers, asset strippers, ego-maniacs and Walter Mitty characters. Investment into Hearts is great, so long as 51% stays with the fans. If anyone wants full control it means they want to protect their investment by having the ability to shut up shop and sell off assets if needed.

Don't agree with this. Investment into Dunfermline could be a pretty clever piece of business. Dunfermline as a town has grown in population due to increased transport links and massive expansion to the east. For a team that has really struggled they have maintained a fan base better than some clubs in the top flight namely Motherwell, St Johnstone, Hamilton, Ross County and St.Mirren. They have a stadium that needs little investment.

Ok this year Hearts will come up, but it wouldn't take massive investment for them to get into the playoff or get automatic promotion next year. 

I remember growing up in Dunfermline and when Hearts or the ugly sisters came to town the ground would be packed, terrace on all sides I cannot think of many louder atmospheres. 

Wouldn't be surprised if they make a success of this.

@Steph the Pars fan  thanks for cheering me up.  Foreign investment in a tinpot club like yours 😂 well we all know how this is going to end up. 
Tits Up - hopefully sooner rather than later . My champagne is on ice

Edited by 1971fozzy

46 minutes ago, jambo in iraq said:

Don't agree with this. Investment into Dunfermline could be a pretty clever piece of business. Dunfermline as a town has grown in population due to increased transport links and massive expansion to the east. For a team that has really struggled they have maintained a fan base better than some clubs in the top flight namely Motherwell, St Johnstone, Hamilton, Ross County and St.Mirren. They have a stadium that needs little investment.

Ok this year Hearts will come up, but it wouldn't take massive investment for them to get into the playoff or get automatic promotion next year. 

I remember growing up in Dunfermline and when Hearts or the ugly sisters came to town the ground would be packed, terrace on all sides I cannot think of many louder atmospheres. 

Population of the town isn’t the best indicator of potential tbh. Was looking for stats on attendances at East End Park and couldn’t find anything particularly in depth and up to date, but I am sure they have lost a fair amount from their average over the last few decades. As for the takeover, if there was a precedent of success elsewhere at a similar sized Scottish Club, then I’d agree. I just don’t see how this will be any different to Dundee for example.

1 hour ago, jambo in iraq said:

Dunfermline doesn't even appear to be a real town anymore. It's just a housing estate where people can afford extra bedrooms and drive to work in Edinburgh. That'll have no impact on Dunfermline Athletic at all. 

1 hour ago, jambo in iraq said:

Is the growth in Dunfermline, not just seeing it become an Edinburgh dormitory.

Hearts should be stepping up our community work and making an active power grab in the town... that would be the best long term revenge in Dunfermline Athletic.

The Old Tolbooth
10 hours ago, My half sister said:

Steph, no mention of you lot shafting Partick Thistle or your chairman's alleged bullying of other clubs or the way Inverness CT have been cast aside for standing up against the corruption of Good Friday.

I know your chairman personally, he worked at Slater Hogg in Falkirk, moved to PIA, then Bankhall, set up 360, sold to Standard Life, he is a proper Pars man, but he stood by and allowed Good Friday to happen.

In years to come, people will look back in amazement that what happened to Partick Thistle and us and Stranraer and Falkirk was allowed to happen. People will laugh and say 'how did we allow that?'

Your club are culpable and the sooner you die, the better.

At last, someone mentions a little bit of what I wanted to say to @Steph the Pars fan

I would go a bit further though, Ross McCormack is a snake, he was absolutely 100% complicit in bullying other clubs and there was WhatsApp evidence floating around on here to prove it as well, he's since came out and tried to deny it all, and even realised he'd pissed us off to such an extent that we want to boycott his tinpot crumbling wreck of a stadium,  that he tried to cosy back in with us after the damage was done on Good Friday. Make no mistake about it, Ross McCormack was very guilty in the part the SPFL played in the way they corruptly carried out the Good Friday vote and then carried it through, and for that I hope he rots in hell along with his tin pot club.

As for diddy Dunfermline fans, I live over in the Dunfermline area, and I've had nothing but abuse and stick poked at me because of this, you seem to accuse us of being a tad bitter, but even before the result of the bent arbitration was known, you lot were kicking us when we were down big time, and you expect us to be okay about it? I see it more because I live over here, and Pars fans were scummy rats, nothing more, nothing less, you'll get what's coming. 

Steph even had the cheek to mention how kind Hibs fans were being about it all, surely he/she can't really be that thick? :o :lol: 

Hibs want you to do well because they spend their entire little piss stained lives obsessing about Hearts, and our greatest losses and injustices are their biggest ever victories. I'd also like to throw into the pot the fact that when Dunfermline were in administration, I was one of many Hearts fans over here to help you out with various fund raisers and acts etc, Hearts even arranged a friendly with the Pars at EEP when around only 600 of your so called loyal fans could be bothered to turn up when it was for such a good cause (at that time), whilst Hearts not only filled the away end, we over spilled into the small section that runs alongside the pitch as well, we also chucked money into buckets for you before and after the game to help out, bought raffle tickets, entered draws, because we genuinely felt your pain, but you shower of brainless morons have extremely short memories it seems, you should be completely embarrassed that your fans were more than happy to let your cub die rather than turn out in numbers to try and save them that day, where were your beloved Hibs fans then when you needed financial help? So when your shower of shite are threatening to go under, along with that other shower of shite in Kirkcaldy, excuse me if I don't bat an eyelid, I most certainly won't be giving your tinpot outfit another penny of my hard earned, that's for sure! 

Now please go away and let's hope your club dies a slow painful death. 

32 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

At last, someone mentions a little bit of what I wanted to say to @Steph the Pars fan

I would go a bit further though, Ross McCormack is a snake, he was absolutely 100% complicit in bullying other clubs and there was WhatsApp evidence floating around on here to prove it as well, he's since came out and tried to deny it all, and even realised he'd pissed us off to such an extent that we want to boycott his tinpot crumbling wreck of a stadium,  that he tried to cosy back in with us after the damage was done on Good Friday. Make no mistake about it, Ross McCormack was very guilty in the part the SPFL played in the way they corruptly carried out the Good Friday vote and then carried it through, and for that I hope he rots in hell along with his tin pot club.

As for diddy Dunfermline fans, I live over in the Dunfermline area, and I've had nothing but abuse and stick poked at me because of this, you seem to accuse us of being a tad bitter, but even before the result of the bent arbitration was known, you lot were kicking us when we were down big time, and you expect us to be okay about it? I see it more because I live over here, and Pars fans were scummy rats, nothing more, nothing less, you'll get what's coming. 

Steph even had the cheek to mention how kind Hibs fans were being about it all, surely he/she can't really be that thick? :o :lol: 

Hibs want you to do well because they spend their entire little piss stained lives obsessing about Hearts, and our greatest losses and injustices are their biggest ever victories. I'd also like to throw into the pot the fact that when Dunfermline were in administration, I was one of many Hearts fans over here to help you out with various fund raisers and acts etc, Hearts even arranged a friendly with the Pars at EEP when around only 600 of your so called loyal fans could be bothered to turn up when it was for such a good cause (at that time), whilst Hearts not only filled the away end, we over spilled into the small section that runs alongside the pitch as well, we also chucked money into buckets for you before and after the game to help out, bought raffle tickets, entered draws, because we genuinely felt your pain, but you shower of brainless morons have extremely short memories it seems, you should be completely embarrassed that your fans were more than happy to let your cub die rather than turn out in numbers to try and save them that day, where were your beloved Hibs fans then when you needed financial help? So when your shower of shite are threatening to go under, along with that other shower of shite in Kirkcaldy, excuse me if I don't bat an eyelid, I most certainly won't be giving your tinpot outfit another penny of my hard earned, that's for sure! 

Now then Steph how do you respond to that.

Oh you're back in hiding, at least the troll from Bonnyrigg tried to defend his corner on the big thread

Why would anyone report it? At most it's the lowest of low-level trolling - a long way from any rule-breach.

In addition...nobody could really give the shiniest of shites about your tinpot organisation. Maybe in the past, yes, but now? Take a hike.

Steph - a one-post wonder.

51 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Candidate for post of the year. Excellent.

7 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Excellent post. Absolutely spot on.

:clap:

6 hours ago, heartandsoul said:

Candidate for post of the year. Excellent.

1 minute ago, Beast Boy said:

Excellent post. Absolutely spot on.

:clap:

The only problem with the @The Old Tolbooth's post is that the Dunfermline chairman is Ross McArthur and not Ross McCormack.