Dunfermline ownership

Footballfirst

2 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Looks a good move for both club and the new investors 

Dunfermline definitely have the potential to be a top 

six club in Scotland.

Top 10 I accept but would argue they have similar potential to Kilmarnock but behind the big city clubs of the OF, us, Aberdeen, Hibs and the two Dundee clubs. 

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• soonbe110

• davemclaren

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Is that not a bit short-sighted, and unrealistic anyway ?   The fortunes of football clubs go up and down fairly quickly nowadays.   The euphoria of 5-1 seems a wee bit distant already.

Ofc it is, I said as much. 

IMO we should be winning a few cups anyway, so a sc win although great isn't a wow moment, we should be in about the cups as normal. Ironically we have improved in this area recently with 4/4 semi finals. 

If we won the league I'd die a happy man, be worth whatever it takes but yes, if we went into  liquidation it would be short sighted and even if we spent £50m over a season we wouldn't guarantee anything. 

pettigrewsstylist

We will never compete with OF and should forget that. I would hope after us all donating all these yrs we wouldnt entertain anything similar. I would be quite upset if we went back to rolling the dice with private/ majority ownership. My hard earned wasnt to facilitate that and neither was it ever in any FOH narrative.

Hopefully enough members would agree.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

If you don’t think becoming a fan-owned football club isn’t a huge gamble then I’m not sure it’s worth debating with you. FoH gambled on it because it was the only show in town when we went into administration. Just read Murray’s book - it was a huge gamble then and still is now. Otherwise why are most other clubs not following in our footsteps?  

Not sure if you are missing my point on purpose or not? We are now fan owned. The gamble was that it would work. It has worked. Swapping that for an outside owner would be a massive gamble on our future. Not sure what part of what I’m saying warrants the arsey reply tbh.

Weakened Offender
4 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

To be fair, if you're going to punt a fan owned club, you could do worse than selling to Germans. The whole ethos of football clubs over there is community and Fan involvement. While they won't be fan owned, I don't think the new owners would take the club in a direction the fans weren't happy with. 

I'll be happy not to see another bloody German at this club. 

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

So they were heading rapidly towards Admin2  ........ and magically a German company with DAFC in their name appears.  Wonderful chemistry between the directors  breaks out, and the Scottish directors don;t seem alarmed that  the German directors have been talking to  several clubs in the past 2 years.  (Did any of the clubs say "yes" ?).      They've all agreed that if the German company up their shareholding in DAFC to 75% then they can also purchase the company which owns East End Park. 😲

So, that's all good then.

Last chance saloon for DAFC, methinks.    Serves them right.

Indeed and why are the investors not buying into a German club? Why invest in the backwater that is Scottish football - especially a relatively small Club. Smacks of opportunism and long term problems. Small-time Vlads it seems.

31 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

We will never compete with OF and should forget that. I would hope after us all donating all these yrs we wouldnt entertain anything similar. I would be quite upset if we went back to rolling the dice with private/ majority ownership. My hard earned wasnt to facilitate that and neither was it ever in any FOH narrative.

Hopefully enough members would agree.

Its all relative. 

If we can continue to grow the clubs revenue streams then we can get to a point where 11 v 11 we may be able to hold our own, but admittedly it will likely always be an uphill battle. A smaller more competitive squad offers potential, we can't sustain numbers but a stronger more productive youth system could be lent on more heavily to support the first team (and free up funds for a higher standard of player).

If we can secure out future at Tynecastle by buying the land around it (flats on the front street, community pitch and the oldschool) then there is potential over the next decade to consider further expansion and potentially looking at something left-field, like a hotel - it kept Killie going for a damn long time, plus we have the fringe and are very much a tourist city. I think if Hearts can show a level of ambition lay-supporters will re-engage with the club and help push attendances up in a larger Tynecastle.

Rangers and Celtic have much larger fan bases to draw on, we just need to be smarter in how we spend our money and certainly over the next few years be looking to increase the funds we have available and reduce wastage where possible (i.e scout sensibly).  

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I’m not sure what their fan ownership model is and whether it delivers future investment like ours does. 

All about securing the club’s safety though. 

4 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

The thing with Scottish Clubs outside of the OF is, you don’t want to be reliant on the whims of an owner who is not a supporter. What you need to do, is secure ownership for the support, and then look to get decent money coming in to the league, and ensure it’s dispersed more evenly. You also need to attract investment in your own club, but when you have the third largest support in the country and £1.5m+ rolling in each month, that is something you have scope to work on over time... and make sure you get the right deal.

The most important thing for us, is never ever being in a situation where someone can run up debts that threaten our status or existence.

Correct. We should welcome investment but not at the cost of the supporters losing control of the club. If we are ever again used as a plaything for a rich individual it will inevitably end badly for us. 

4 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

The thing with Scottish Clubs outside of the OF is, you don’t want to be reliant on the whims of an owner who is not a supporter. What you need to do, is secure ownership for the support, and then look to get decent money coming in to the league, and ensure it’s dispersed more evenly. You also need to attract investment in your own club, but when you have the third largest support in the country and £1.5m+ rolling in each month, that is something you have scope to work on over time... and make sure you get the right deal.

The most important thing for us, is never ever being in a situation where someone can run up debts that threaten our status or existence.

I meant each year, obviously. 🙄

53 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Not sure if you are missing my point on purpose or not? We are now fan owned. The gamble was that it would work. It has worked. Swapping that for an outside owner would be a massive gamble on our future. Not sure what part of what I’m saying warrants the arsey reply tbh.

Not sure if you know what’s going on but we are currently not fan-owned. Mrs Budge still has the shares. The gamble re FoH is not raising the money to buy the shares its more a question of can the fans understand that fan-owned is very different to fan-run and will they have the patience and common-sense to allow the nominated Board to run the club without howls from fans to change this, that and everything every week, just like you can witness on this forum every week? 
Will the fans continue to pump money in every month at the current or increased levels if the team doesn’t perform on the park? Probably but no guarantee if it goes on much longer. Remember we are only talking about £1.5-2m per annum. An external offer for the company with spend commitments greater than FoH and debt-controls built in could easily dwarf what is currently being pledged.  My view is that it would be a tough call for FoH to make. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Not sure if you know what’s going on but we are currently not fan-owned. Mrs Budge still has the shares. The gamble re FoH is not raising the money to buy the shares its more a question of can the fans understand that fan-owned is very different to fan-run and will they have the patience and common-sense to allow the nominated Board to run the club without howls from fans to change this, that and everything every week, just like you can witness on this forum every week? 
Will the fans continue to pump money in every month at the current or increased levels if the team doesn’t perform on the park? Probably but no guarantee if it goes on much longer. Remember we are only talking about £1.5-2m per annum. An external offer for the company with spend commitments greater than FoH and debt-controls built in could easily dwarf what is currently being pledged.  My view is that it would be a tough call for FoH to make. 

I am quite aware of the difference between being fan owned and fan run. I also see absolutely no sign whatsoever of the money we put in drying up. I’ve been in this from the start, and everyone I know who’s in it are of the same mind as me about the future and our payments. It’s been talked about us stopping our payments for one reason or another since the whole thing began... it’s only grown at each hurdle.

Fan owned means the club in safe hands and unable to sold without FoH agreeing. That’s good enough for me.

Jambo, Goodbye

Club seeking to sell shares to stay afloat. 

Shares worth pennies.

Cheap land to build a barn to call their new academy. 

A post-brexit base to send young talent that can study english and be visa ready to be sold to english clubs.

Fans with low expectations. 

Can play golf a lot. 

If i were an optimistic, this would be my guess as to why they chose  Dunfermline.  

Edited by Jambo, Goodbye

Seems like the deal to take place before Covid and only delayed at that point.  Suppose could be ambitious but proof will be if any investment appears

Can’t see it ending any differently to Dundee or Livingston tbh. Maybe Motherwell if they are lucky. They’ve already tried what we did, and still found themselves back in the shit. 

Absolutely zero relevance to Heart's or the FOH.

Footballfirst has a decent track record of Shit stirring, I care not for what reason.

This is one of them.

2 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

I am quite aware of the difference between being fan owned and fan run. I also see absolutely no sign whatsoever of the money we put in drying up. I’ve been in this from the start, and everyone I know who’s in it are of the same mind as me about the future and our payments. It’s been talked about us stopping our payments for one reason or another since the whole thing began... it’s only grown at each hurdle.

Fan owned means the club in safe hands and unable to sold without FoH agreeing. That’s good enough for me.

agree 100%

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Club seeking to sell shares to stay afloat. 

Shares worth pennies.

Cheap land to build a barn to call their new academy. 

A post-brexit base to send young talent that can study english and be visa ready to be sold to english clubs.

Fans with low expectations. 

Can play golf a lot. 

If i were an optimistic, this would be my guess as to why they chose  Dunfermline.  

Certainly a curious one, always feel if someone is trying to buy a club (or put serious investment in it) the first question you would want to have an answered is what do they want out of this?

It does seem a strange one for a group of German investors to choose a club in Scotland, who are not one with a big name or records. They say they looked at clubs through out Europe and all they really say is that Dunfermline match their values and aims (without ever saying what that is.)

I can see it that they looked at clubs in Scotland and felt they could get a club that is undervalued outside the Championship. Put in some investment wisely then you can get them into the Premiership. Longer term, what is the plan? They talk of having access to scouting networks in Germany and wider Europe. As you say, it can be a way into the UK to sell onto England. An academy can produce but will require investment.

One thing I wonder whether the consortium would look at the stadium and do something. Dunfermline has a 11,000 seater stadium, far too big for their needs and must have a large upkeep on it. There could always be the case that it might be better in the long run for Dunfermline to sell East End Park and build a new smaller stadium in Dunfermline, with land around it used as an academy (like Aberdeen are doing but not as big a scale.) 

Finally the people they have in the consortium are interesting, St Pauli's former head coach and sporting director, a couple of people involved with shipping and banking (make sense for a Hamburg based consortium,)  and a guy who was head of IMG in Germany (a huge sports (and events) management company) and also has own marketing firm. Certainly seems to be some mix of knowledge among them

Steph the Pars fan

It's hilarious that you're as bitter as rangers fans over this. How pathetic could some fans be? Wanting Pars to "go tits up" hoping we get our "assets stripped" etc. Why? 

Why would you want this to happen to any team? 

Is it because you have a sense of entitlement? Are you all seething because other clubs wouldn't vote in such a way that would keep you in the premier league? Don't you see that if your team was good enough you'd not be in the relegation zone? Is it envy? Did you lot just realise that fan ownership has its limitations? Are you all spewing because we, the Pars, have gotten the type of help you lot clearly need? 

Get a grip guys, we are taking a gamble here, and it could all go horribly wrong for us. Almost every Pars fan I know has total trust in the guys at the helm of our club, and totally believe they had done their homework on these new investors. We can only hope that these guys see our club more as a toy than a huge money spinner. It could all totally backfire, but we trust that our BOD have done the best for our club. Our BOD are all fans that stood on the terraces singing their lungs out to help our team on the park, and like you guys we want our team to play at the highest level possible. You surely have to respect that at least? But to spew out some of the bile I've read on here is totally beneath any football fan outside the pathetic whinging rangers fans

ive read Hibs.net on this subject, and they are wishing us nothing but luck in this new chapter of our existence, but you lot sound nothing but bitter about it. 

Why? 

Why do you want this to fail, to go "tits up"? To have all our "assets stripped"? What difference would new investors in the Pars make to you lot? Do you fear that we will finish above you this season? Is your confidence in your teams ability so small you are resorting to pathetic ill feelings towards any team that look like they may have a small advantage over you?

as I've pointed out already, this thread makes you lot look like you have a sense of entitlement like those rangers fans that feel hard done by every time they get beat.

its pathetic guys, and as football fans you'd feel the same if others were posting in this manner about your team taking a gamble like this. 

I fully expect this post to be removed due to you guys smashing the shite out of the report button, but you must see how childish your response on here looks. 

On 06/09/2020 at 16:46, Steph the Pars fan said:

It's hilarious that you're as bitter as rangers fans over this. How pathetic could some fans be? Wanting Pars to "go tits up" hoping we get our "assets stripped" etc. Why? 

Is it because you have a sense of entitlement? Are you all seething because other clubs wouldn't vote in such a way that would keep you in the premier league? Don't you see that if your team was good enough you'd not be in the relegation zone? Is it envy? Did you lot just realise that fan ownership has its limitations? Are you all spewing because we, the Pars, have gotten the type of help you lot clearly need? 

Get a grip guys, we are taking a gamble here, and it could all go horribly wrong for us. Almost every Pars fan I know has total trust in the guys at the helm of our club, and totally believe they had done their homework on these new investors. We can only hope that these guys see our club more as a toy than a huge money spinner. It could all totally backfire, but we trust that our BOD have done the best for our club. Our BOD are all fans that stood on the terraces singing their lungs out to help our team on the park, and like you guys we want our team to play at the highest level possible. You surely have to respect that at least? But to spew out some of the bile I've read on here is totally beneath any football fan outside the pathetic whinging rangers fans

ive read Hibs.net on this subject, and they are wishing us nothing but luck in this new chapter of our existence, but you lot sound nothing but bitter about it. 

Why? 

Why do you want this to fail, to go "tits up"? To have all our "assets stripped"? What difference would new investors in the Pars make to you lot? Do you fear that we will finish above you this season? Is your confidence in your teams ability so small you are resorting to pathetic ill feelings towards any team that look like they may have a small advantage over you?

as I've pointed out already, this thread makes you lot look like you have a sense of entitlement like those rangers fans that feel hard done by every time they get beat.

its pathetic guys, and as football fans you'd feel the same if others were posting in this manner about your team taking a gamble like this. 

I fully expect this post to be removed due to you guys smashing the shite out of the report button, but you must see how childish your response on here looks. 

Kelty Hearts and Boness replacing Dunfermline would be a nice change though. 

Lowland League is okay. 

Why? 

Probably because your chairman is an arsehole and integral to the SPFL charade when covid hit.

Apart from that, your team as an entity barely registers.

Why? 

Your arsehole of a club voted for us to take a hit of millions of pounds through demotion with a quarter of the season left to play. Your arsehole supporters revelled in it. 

I hope your shitty little club gets liquidated. 

Hibs fans are wishing you well because you never voted for their club to be expelled from the top division with quarter of a season left to play. You’d have to be a thick ***** not to realise that would make a difference.

Why? 

The hilarious part of this is the fact that you don’t realise why your club and your chairman are so despised by us. 

Edited by Deevers

Why? 

Was this typed in crayon?

Zero respect for Dunfermline and wishing your club nothing other than a painful death in this venture.

gorgie rd eh11

Why? 

Dunfermline were part of the the shameful way that a few clubs were thrown to the lions in the rush to keep Celtic's 10 in a row on track. Nobody cared that we or the other clubs would face serious financial problems or that Scotland was one of the very few leagues in the world that was willing to ditch sporting integrity in favour of an "i'm all right jack" mentality. Nobody cared the vote was corrupt and the people in power ensured their clubs were the beneficiaries.

**** Dunfermline and everybody else.

Why? 

I'm adult enough to know I can be quite childish at times.

Feck off.

Why? 

Oh **** off. Tinpot club. 

Gordon Ramsay

Why? 

"Almost every Pars fan you know" 

Take it that is just you and Jim Leishman then? 🤣🤣🤣

Love it when fans of shitty wee clubs come on here telling us how to act. Keep them coming so we can ragdoll the lot of you. 

Here’s the thing @Steph the Pars fan, why do you care what we think? You obviously care enough to sign up to another club’s forum. Weird.

Most Hearts supporters feel aggrieved about the actions of your club and supporters, but do you see us joining whatever shitty little forum you inbred bumpkin halfwits populate? No.

Used to feel a bit of pity for Dunfermline as they were a big club once upon a time, by Scottish standards anyway. Your old owner and David Murray’s personal banker Masterton left you totally in the shit. See that Rangers connection you like to mention so much... Years in the wilderness has seen your club shrink and regress to an alarming degree. The romantic in me used to find that quite sad, and I wanted to see your fan ownership scheme work and deliver you back to the top division. Not now though. The shameful way your owner acted, and the way your fellow supporters lapped it up ended any slight feelings of goodwill I had.

The actions of your club are not without consequences. These are the consequences you are seeing now. You are despised. I hope and believe our management and players share these feelings of revulsion towards you, and I look forward to that showing when we next play you.

Die DAFC, just **** off and die. It’d be putting you out of your misery anyway, since you’ve been in terminal decline for decades now. You won’t be missed.

Good luck to Falkirk , hope it all works out for you 

as to the dunfermline situation , I’ll repeat my initial view , I hope it goes tits up and they disappear forever 

5 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Here’s the thing @Steph the Pars fan, why do you care what we think? You obviously care enough to sign up to another club’s forum and get all menstrual about us not liking you. Weird.

Most Hearts supporters feel aggrieved about the actions of your club and supporters, but do you see us joining whatever shitty little forum you inbred bumpkin halfwits populate? No.

Used to feel a bit of pity for Dunfermline as they were a big club once upon a time, by Scottish standards anyway. Your old owner and David Murray’s personal banker Masterton left you totally in the shit. See that Rangers connection you like to mention so much... Years in the wilderness has seen your club shrink and regress to an alarming degree. The romantic in me used to find that quite sad, and I wanted to see your fan ownership scheme work and deliver you back to the top division. Not now though. The shameful way your owner acted, and the way your fellow supporters lapped it up ended any slight feelings of goodwill I had.

The actions of your club are not without consequences. These are the consequences you are seeing now. You are despised. I hope and believe our management and players share these feelings of revulsion towards you, and I look forward to that showing when we next play you.

Die DAFC, just **** off and die. It’d be putting you out of your misery anyway, since you’ve been in terminal decline for decades now. You won’t be missed.

Superbly worded sir  👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

25 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Here’s the thing @Steph the Pars fan, why do you care what we think? You obviously care enough to sign up to another club’s forum and get all menstrual about us not liking you. Weird.

MBA-short-essays-in-a-nutshell.jpg.f948d7e89b3ecc7637ad158ad3ecd8e7.jpg

fabienleclerq

Nobody is jealous of some random Germans buying Dunfermline ffs😂

Steph do you not wonder why the **** they would buy a Diddy team in Scotland? 

I used to have a soft spot for Dunfermline but their fans barely bother their arse to support them, everyone I know talks about their "English team" more fondly than their own. Hearts fans came in numbers when the pars were struggling and at the first opportunity to repay the favour they turned their back and help cost our club millions while their fans took the piss. 

4 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Nobody is jealous of some random Germans buying Dunfermline ffs😂

Steph do you not wonder why the **** they would buy a Diddy team in Scotland? 

I used to have a soft spot for Dunfermline but their fans barely bother their arse to support them, everyone I know talks about their "English team" more fondly than their own. Hearts fans came in numbers when the pars were struggling and at the first opportunity to repay the favour they turned their back and help cost our club millions while their fans took the piss. 

Every word spot on.

I used to work with a lassie from Dunfermline. She, her husband and two kids all had season tickets, this was back in 2008. They don’t have those tickets anymore, and from what I see on Facebook, they regard themselves Manchester United supporters instead. Tragic.

Used to feel a bit of sympathy for them too. One time big club ****ed over by unscrupulous owners and left to wither in the lower leagues, leaking fans all over the place. Not now. Deserve everything they get.

Edited by Beast Boy

1 minute ago, Beast Boy said:

Every word spot on.

I used to work with a lassie from Dunfermline. She, her husband and two kids all had season tickets, this was back in 2008. They don’t have those tickets anymore, and from what I see on Facebook, they regard themselves Manchester United supporters instead. Tragic.

Used to feel a bit of sympathy for them too. One time big club ****ed over by unscrupulous owners and left to either in the lower leagues, leaning fans all over the place. Not now. Deserve everything they get.

Yep, i worked with someone whose family all had season tickets and followed them home and away. He now has a mini-pub in the garden devoted to Arsenal.

ANyway, i hope this all ends badly for them :)

fabienleclerq
6 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Every word spot on.

Used to feel a bit of sympathy for them too. One time big club ****ed over by unscrupulous owners and left to wither in the lower leagues, leaking fans all over the place. Not now. Deserve everything they get.

Same, all Liverpool and Man United. They're basically old firm fans without the bigotry. 

Why? 

We really should have taken our medicine and just got on with it I suppose!

Steph clearly doesn't do irony, when she gets all upset when we wish the worst for them, but is quite happy for her lot to actually act in a way that deliberately did us harm. Not to mention their ar**hole Chairman playing a leading role in the whole sordid affair

Think how attractive a club we are nowadays. Fans piling in money every month, modern city centre stadium with restaurants, office space  and pubs attached. World class training facilities. A huge fan base. 

Hope we don’t go back to private ownership. All about protecting this club for generations. 

It could all totally backfire, but we trust that our BOD have done the best for our club. Our BOD are all fans that stood on the terraces singing their lungs out to help our team on the park,

And how did that work out for them?

We can only hope that these guys see our club more as a toy than a huge money spinner.

Tinpot :rofl:

Glamorgan Jambo

I have tremendous memories of standing on the terraces at East End Park over many many years. However after the behaviour of the Dunfermline chairman around the season ending vote and his attempts to muddy the waters and dissemble about how he and DAFC voted then they can whistle for anything from me whether it be moral support or ticket money.

I remember looking briefly at the Raith accounts and it was perfectly clear that the only options they had for finance when times were tough were either fresh share issues (diluting the current owners) or directors loans (emptying the not particularly overflowing bank accounts of the directors). Why any Hearts supporter wouldn't choose to return in a small way the financial hit these clubs delivered to us escapes me. Especially as the most disadvantaged will be the directors of these clubs. The raith situation will apply to pretty much every other club in the Scottish championship. Obviously the DAFC directors have gone for share issuance and the dilution of the ownership of the current shareholders.

Thanks for the input Steph.

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

But didn't look at this thread for nomarks Dunfermline.

Falkirk have announced something similar.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54084530

Certainly interesting from Falkirk and hope it works well for them. Also shows the mistake they made scrapping their youth set-up in the hope they could use the money to get them back into the Premiership. Its not a bad thing getting more money and expertise into Scottish football. 

I do think it is another sign with lower league clubs getting new investment that a restructure of the league systems is need. Certainly increasing Premiership to 16.