Christmas

ri Alban

3 hours ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Christmas markets in Edinburgh cancelled, another huge loss for the Edinburgh economy aswell as the cancellation of the New Year celebrations.

Not that huge a financial loss. Most of the stalls are either owned or manned by non Edinburgh (and a lot of non UK people). Edinburgh shops and restaurants take a hit as money is instead spent on stalls over priced crap. Same happens during the festival, local businesses pay business rates all year then the council rents out pitches to outsiders at the busy times. Jenners were quoted as saying the only thing that gets busier during the Christmas Markets is their toilets.

Weakened Offender
4 hours ago, weehammy said:

Great news, unless you’re a fan of German sausage or cheesy trinkets. Princes Street Gardens might not look like the Somme battlefield next Spring. Hopefully Underbelly might go, well, belly-up!

Agreed. 👍

heartsfc_fan
5 hours ago, weehammy said:

Great news, unless you’re a fan of German sausage or cheesy trinkets. Princes Street Gardens might not look like the Somme battlefield next Spring. Hopefully Underbelly might go, well, belly-up!

This.

The markets are awful now. Far too busy and overpriced. I remember about 9-10 years ago they were much smaller and more pleasant.

Underbelly can go and **** themselves aswell.

21 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Midwinter always a good, but hard, time for such recollections and feelings of gratitude. I'm sure the JKB blethers will keep you company come December, should you want it, Bob.

Bob will want that, Jonesy. 👍

Nice post from you, btw.

Just now, jonesy said:

We're all Hearts men - we're in this life together ☝️

👍

No doubt about that, J.

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Marvin said:

2 Xmas threads and it's only the beginning of October :rolleyes: 

Also there’s the Xmas TV channel on the go as well.

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

2 Xmas threads and it's only the beginning of October :rolleyes: 

Agree.

I think it needs a 3rd Xmas thread 🎅🎄

• 4 weeks later...
The Real Maroonblood
On 31/08/2020 at 06:06, ri Alban said:

:yas:

:santa:116 days til Christmas.

I've been quite non Christmassie for a few years. But, this year I'm very fecking looking forward to Santa and the New year. Party time! 

Feck Covid 19 and 2020!

Too soon? :)

Cannae wait.

:lol:

16 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Cannae wait.

:lol:

Looking forward to it. We'll just need to brave a second full lockdown, as Scotland will have to fully shut, if England does, as it is pointless, unless the Border is closed and enforced to stop dumbass super spreaders who like to cross the border from Scotland doing the same from the bigger nation. 

But Merry Christmas to all, when it comes. :santa2:

The Natural Order

I've already told the kids that Santa died of Covid so I'm getting off with the Xmas shite from now on.

18 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

I've already told the kids that Santa died of Covid so I'm getting off with the Xmas shite from now on.

😮

The Real Maroonblood
19 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

👍

23 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9526650fe01ccd0804835