• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smoked-Glass

• Mikey1874

• HMFC01

• Riddley Walker

5 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Guy playing for Finland called Daniel O'Shaughnessy :laugh:

I always knew 🇮🇪 had finnish ancestors.  Good finnish lad so he is. 

Edited by HMFC01

30 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Guy playing for Finland called Daniel O'Shaughnessy :laugh:

Spotted that after seeing the match report. Born and bred in Finland though - albeit with an Irish dad.

2 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Imagine Doncaster and Petrie cutting about in their shitey Primark polo shirts, slacks, sandals and shades on an all expenses paid junket if we qualified. 

No thanks. 

Exactly. Battered wife syndrome being exhibited by a fair few posters on here. The SFA hate us, yet we continue to support their poxy national team? Bollocks to that.

Am I being totally thick here? I thought we had qualified for the semi finals of the nations league. What happened to that? Has it been binned or postponed? 

1 minute ago, deko 94 said:

Am I being totally thick here? I thought we had qualified for the semi finals of the nations league. What happened to that? Has it been binned or postponed? 

It's a new campaign now, but the playoffs from last season to decide who qualifies for the euros are still happening, think they start next month. There's a path to qualify for the 2022 world cup from this nations league campaign. 

Allowayjambo1874
1 hour ago, deko 94 said:

I think it got more confusing because we drew Israel again, so we are playing them today in a group game for 2020/21 competition and next month play them in the semi for the 2018/19 competition. Both at Hampden. (If we get through the semi it’s Norway or Serbia away to qualify for the delayed euros).

Hagar the Horrible
21 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

I think it got more confusing because we drew Israel again, so we are playing them today in a group game for 2020/21 competition and next month play them in the semi for the 2018/19 competition. Both at Hampden. (If we get through the semi it’s Norway or Serbia away to qualify for the delayed euros).

I could land a 747 easier than working this bollux out,  I have litterly only just found out we are playing israel tonight in the 20/22 campaign in which we have drawn also against Czech Rep and slovakia.(league B group 2)...  But we still have to complete the postponed game against Israel at some other point, Not tonight which I thought, and if we win that chances are we play against Norway to actualy qualify for something, but at this point I have no bleeding idea, as its now UERO 2021 not 2020, but as its all over the place it wont even feel like a tournament,  But what happens if we win our mini section of the 20/22 campaign?  is that a back door to the world cup?  and what happens if we win the 22/23 campaign?  its one every year, but the world cup is every 4 years?

Also its better being colin nish and being relegated because there is a back door playing the faroes and san marino, wheras if you win promotion you have to qualify against a Holland or Spain? 

So if we win the 2 postponed  qualifiers we qualify for next years UEROS, but if we HAD lost every game got ourselved relegated into League D we could be in a diddy league of diddy leagues, and qualify that way for the world cup, which would be better surely?

Oh and if we win the League B group 2, against Isl, CZR  and SVK we would have to play against 3 sides we have no bleeding chance of beating, so it would be better if we lost tonight, if we want to qualify?  does that make any bleeding sense?

Help

3 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

It's a new campaign now, but the playoffs from last season to decide who qualifies for the euros are still happening, think they start next month. There's a path to qualify for the 2022 world cup from this nations league campaign. 

1 hour ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Cheers folks! Yeah the fact it's Israel again confused me! 

1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I could land a 747 easier than working this bollux out,  I have litterly only just found out we are playing israel tonight in the 20/22 campaign in which we have drawn also against Czech Rep and slovakia.(league B group 2)...  But we still have to complete the postponed game against Israel at some other point, Not tonight which I thought, and if we win that chances are we play against Norway to actualy qualify for something, but at this point I have no bleeding idea, as its now UERO 2021 not 2020, but as its all over the place it wont even feel like a tournament,  But what happens if we win our mini section of the 20/22 campaign?  is that a back door to the world cup?  and what happens if we win the 22/23 campaign?  its one every year, but the world cup is every 4 years?

Also its better being colin nish and being relegated because there is a back door playing the faroes and san marino, wheras if you win promotion you have to qualify against a Holland or Spain? 

So if we win the 2 postponed  qualifiers we qualify for next years UEROS, but if we HAD lost every game got ourselved relegated into League D we could be in a diddy league of diddy leagues, and qualify that way for the world cup, which would be better surely?

Oh and if we win the League B group 2, against Isl, CZR  and SVK we would have to play against 3 sides we have no bleeding chance of beating, so it would be better if we lost tonight, if we want to qualify?  does that make any bleeding sense?

Help

The Euro Nations won't have a route to the WC 2022.  It can only get you into the Euro's through the backdoor.  The next WC qualifiers will have 9 groups with the winners qualifying and 4 playoff spots available. 

5 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

The Euro Nations won't have a route to the WC 2022.  It can only get you into the Euro's through the backdoor.  The next WC qualifiers will have 9 groups with the winners qualifying and 4 playoff spots available. 

No. There are some play off spots available for wc22 via these nations league that started yesterday. 

The normal qualifying draw for the groups takes place in 29th November.  

Apologies. Must have read it wrong.  I reckon that might have changed rencently as I was sure about a year ago it was the normal qualifying format.  Probably not a bad thing with the WC being in Qatar after all with it being at the end of the year.  More time to fit all the matches in. 

Edited by Randy Marsh

Hagar the Horrible
5 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Apologies. Must have read it wrong. 

point is we have to win the play-off to qualify for the ueros, but had we finished flat last in the mini group, we would have had a very very easy route and back door to the world cup.

Somebody like Holland whom struggled to qualify, would have been better losing all games in the nations league, but win every game in the qualifying groups, than as a backup win the nations league "league C" at a canter and qualify as a backup?

We could get Gibraltar qualifying but Spain Not

The Continental Op
1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Re the  World Cup play off places: in this edition of the  Nations League they are awarded on the basis of league level before group success/position - i.e. if two teams that have not qualified for a direct place for World Cup 2022 or one of the 10 playoff places already are a) team from leagues A1-A4 who lost all their group games and b) high finisher in leagues B1-B4, then even if the former will get a play-off place before a high finisher in leagues B1-B4

Hope that clears that up (!)

25 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

point is we have to win the play-off to qualify for the ueros, but had we finished flat last in the mini group, we would have had a very very easy route and back door to the world cup.

Somebody like Holland whom struggled to qualify, would have been better losing all games in the nations league, but win every game in the qualifying groups, than as a backup win the nations league "league C" at a canter and qualify as a backup?

We could get Gibraltar qualifying but Spain Not

Yeah it seems a bit crazy.  I suppose their trying to make all these Nations league matches meaningful.  But I don't think it's fair if it gets you a route into a WC.

Unreal, on second thoughts, not unreal, we are a third rate football nation, a dreich draw at home to Israel, I really don't care. It makes me sad, I am a Scotsman, I should care about our fitba team, I don't. Currently I only care about the Heart of Midlothian. Only Hearts.

Jensen for Finland on for less than 30 seconds off the bench scored with his third touch.  He finished the rest of the game. 😜 

Edited by HMFC01

Foden and greenwood missed England training this morning. Apparently the two of them brought girls back to their rooms in Iceland, breaking the covid protocols. It genuinely melts my mind that footballers can be this consistently thick. 

29th November is the draw for the world Cup qualifiers.   This nations league is an extra chance to get to the world Cup, but the draw on 29th is the regular group thing that everyone is used to.  

Smith looked to have a pretty torrid time tonight againest Haaland, imagine first game in 6 months againest that kid.  His goals were absolutely sensational.  Boyce got 45 mins too.

1 minute ago, Jambo92 said:

Smith looked to have a pretty torrid time tonight againest Haaland, imagine first game in 6 months againest that kid.  His goals were absolutely sensational.  Boyce got 45 mins too.

Just imagine what Haaland will do to Scotlands defence 😂😂😂

Haaland is an absolute freak. Look at his pace for the 4th goal :lol: it's like he's been ****ing genetically engineered to play as a striker. Sorloth been scoring for fun since leaving Palace too. 

Bazzas right boot
On 04/09/2020 at 09:27, Hagar the Horrible said:

Help

The Diddys I think need to play off against better teams and if you go too Diddy you're pot the game. 

Not sure tho, but you have to assume winning is better? 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Southgate is such a shit twat. Only reason the FA like him is because he’s a sad sack who won’t be caught hanging out the back of a bird at 3am.

Guest ToqueJambo
13 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Haaland is an absolute freak. Look at his pace for the 4th goal :lol: it's like he's been ****ing genetically engineered to play as a striker. Sorloth been scoring for fun since leaving Palace too. 

Monster bid from Bayern for Haaland surely to eventually replace lewandowski. Will trigger a massive bidding war.

14 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Haaland is an absolute freak. Look at his pace for the 4th goal :lol: it's like he's been ****ing genetically engineered to play 

Am confident our back line will be able to cope. 

6 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Am confident our back line will be able to cope. 

Once McKenna wrestles him to the ground, I'm sure he won't come back for more.

4 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Once McKenna wrestles him to the ground, I'm sure he won't come back for more.

89 mins on a yellow after that