Nations league. Info

Smoked-Glass

2 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Unless v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 lol

That’s not supporting our opposition is it? That’s supporting the opposition of our biggest rivals.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smoked-Glass

• Mikey1874

• HMFC01

• Riddley Walker

Smoked-Glass
Just now, iantjambo said:

That’s not supporting our opposition is it? That’s supporting the opposition of our biggest rivals.

Yup.  It's allowed 👏

15 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

That's fair enough if you/others are just not interested. It's the others that actively go against Scotland and make up all sorts of weird wee reasons about fans/dress style/ songs/ SFA to justify it. 

Scottish football HATES HMFC. They shat all over us and had a great laugh whilst doing it. 

Riddley Walker
1 minute ago, mre said:

Scottish football HATES HMFC. They shat all over us and had a great laugh whilst doing it. 

What's that got to do with supporting the Scotland national team? I can see why you'd refuse to go to a game at Hampden and not give money to the SFA, but to not support the team for these reasons is bizarre. 

5 minutes ago, mre said:

We have every reason to be pissed off with Scottish football authorities and the clubs that screwed us over. Its nothing to do with the national team.

There’s a fine line between being angry at our treatment and acting like a bunch of bitter arseholes.

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

Would the same folk still not support Scotland if we were in the finals, or is it just ok to turn your back when we are shite.

We have been shite for over 30 years now.

Nobody can be arsed with them anymore ,including me and I use to go to a lot of games.

49 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

That's fair enough if you/others are just not interested. It's the others that actively go against Scotland and make up all sorts of weird wee reasons about fans/dress style/ songs/ SFA to justify it. 

Fair play to those who go and watch the national team so much. In a way I wish I did care so that maybe I could have the experience of going to games with mates who support different teams, but I just really can't get into it. I don't hate or dislike them, I'm just very indifferent. Scotland winning doesn't make me happy, nor does Scotland losing make me sad or angry.

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

We have every reason to be pissed off with Scottish football authorities and the clubs that screwed us over. Its nothing to do with the national team.

There’s a fine line between being angry at our treatment and acting like a bunch of bitter arseholes.

You can't separate the national team from the SFA/SPFL.

I'm done with supporting Scotland and I say that as a long-time SSC member.

2 hours ago, mre said:

It's not about how shite Scotland are at football, we have been for years. 

It's Scottish football that I now detest with the exception of Hearts. 

The media and pundits actually make my skin crawl more than Jimmy Hill and the 1966 brigade in the English media. 

It was tongue in cheek to say I would support Israel, but I could not care less if Scotland got absolutely pumped on Friday. 

Spot on.

45 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You can't separate the national team from the SFA/SPFL.

I'm done with supporting Scotland and I say that as a long-time SSC 

My main issue is people who actively support any of Scotlands opponents. I'm going to assume you're not one of them?

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

My main issue is people who actively support any of Scotlands opponents. I'm going to assume you're not one of them?

Nope.  Not yet anyway, but I won't be the slightest bit bothered if they get papped out.

Silvery_Moon

I genuinely couldn't care less about the National team at the moment but won't go as far as wanting them to lose. Perhaps qualifying for a major tournament will get my interest going again. 

Having said that watching Scotland open the World Cup versus Brazil in 1998 is up there as one of my favourite games despite the result. I was in Biddy Milligan's in the Grassmarket and it was absolute :scenes: when John Collins scored that penalty. Was a great time footy wise. Hearts had just won the Scottish Cup and we were in the World Cup. Great memories.  

Smoked-Glass
37 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

Do they still play shitey proclaimers tunes every 5 mins at hampden?

We score every 5 mins??? 

On 31/08/2020 at 13:21, Gone said:

ah the yearly Scotland Israel fixture... it's like St Mirren vs Hamilton... sick of it

I can’t quite get my head round how we’re in a group with them again. Last time round we were with Israel and Albania in division C. We won the group and were promoted to division B. How did Israel get promoted too?

8 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

I can’t quite get my head round how we’re in a group with them again. Last time round we were with Israel and Albania in division C. We won the group and were promoted to division B. How did Israel get promoted too?

they changed the numbers at each level, so no teams got relegated and multiple teams got promoted. i.e. there is 4 teams in each league rather than the 3 last time out

23 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

they changed the numbers at each level, so no teams got relegated and multiple teams got promoted. i.e. there is 4 teams in each league rather than the 3 last time out

Shame the spfl couldn’t think in that manner. 

kingantti1874
38 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Maybe if the tartan army waved St George’s flag some on here would be happy. Edinburgh is basically English anyway.

😂

1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

Maybe if the tartan army waved St George’s flag some on here would be happy. Edinburgh is basically English anyway.

👍 always thought that, it;s the accent!

fabienleclerq

I can understand folk not caring for the national team, the way Hearts have been treated by the SFA is shocking. 

I've been to a few games but the tartan army is full of wanks, they are essentially the same as the *****'s that go to the rugby and drink 6 times a year get wankered and embarrass themselves. I probably heard more xenophobia at Hampden than anywhere else and paying 40 odd quid to watch Scotland barely able to string three passes together against diddies like Israel doesn't float my boat anymore. 

8 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

I can understand folk not caring for the national team, the way Hearts have been treated by the SFA is shocking. 

I've been to a few games but the tartan army is full of wanks, they are essentially the same as the *****'s that go to the rugby and drink 6 times a year get wankered and embarrass themselves. I probably heard more xenophobia at Hampden than anywhere else and paying 40 odd quid to watch Scotland barely able to string three passes together against diddies like Israel doesn't float my boat anymore. 

I've been a member of the SSC for some time until a few years ago, when games were never on weekends meaning each game required late nights and time off work.

Their support is riddled with vermin as I found out after the Miko incident with large sections chanting anti-Hearts stuff.

After what went on in the summer I'm done with Scotland and wouldn't care if they get absolutely humiliated.

fabienleclerq
26 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I've been a member of the SSC for some time until a few years ago, when games were never on weekends meaning each game required late nights and time off work.

Their support is riddled with vermin as I found out after the Miko incident with large sections chanting anti-Hearts stuff.

After what went on in the summer I'm done with Scotland and wouldn't care if they get absolutely humiliated.

Yeah I was at the Miko game and heard lots of anti Hearts stuff. 

We've been single fish all my life and i am now 30, i have been to Scotland games abroad before and always supported through thick and thin (never had a problem with our fans tbf it was always a good laugh and piss up most of the time) However i must admit i just feel something culturally is holding us and the national team back(maybe it's too much tribalism) 

Unfortunately This year has proven to me that we are all too self interested as fans from all clubs to sacrifice for the good of our game and that is why Scotland, Scottish football and the Scottish national team will continue to struggle Imo

Suppose we will find out shortly but i am very much frustrated and disillusioned with it all at the moment, Probably because of how bad hearts were shafted. 

Call me petty but i genuinely just can't get myself up for it and don't really care if we fail again. I wouldn't support the other team though.

Sad but true.

The Continental Op

I see we are away to Czech Republic on Monday - they are on the Scottish Government quarantine list. Is a special exemption being made for the players who travel?

Otherwise, UEFA is suspending the automatic release requirements that would normally apply and could lead to the Gruesome Twosome and others pulling some players out.

52 minutes ago, The Continental Op said:

I see we are away to Czech Republic on Monday - they are on the Scottish Government quarantine list. Is a special exemption being made for the players who travel?

Otherwise, UEFA is suspending the automatic release requirements that would normally apply and could lead to the Gruesome Twosome and others pulling some players out.

I think travel is allowed for essential work reasons. 

On 31/08/2020 at 13:18, jambopilms said:

Would the same folk still not support Scotland if we were in the finals, or is it just ok to turn your back when we are shite.

Scotland winning or losing has zero impact on my mood, I honestly don't care. I've never gotten those that can scream blue murder at players like brown, griffiths etc on a saturday and then cheer them on a week later because they have a scotland shirt on?

manaliveits105

Blackie coming on for Scotland at fester road to much booing - sums up the lets get behind the team tartan army - to be fair the  few old firm TA fans seem to be ok but the sheep and the vermin are erseholes and cant leave club out of national 

6 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Scotland winning or losing has zero impact on my mood, I honestly don't care. I've never gotten those that can scream blue murder at players like brown, griffiths etc on a saturday and then cheer them on a week later because they have a scotland shirt on?

I assume you say the same when new players sign for Hearts. 😄

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I assume you say the same when new players sign for Hearts. 😄

Nope, I choose Hearts a long time ago, I don't have that affinity with the Scotland national team as I've never really be one to care all that much about how i'm 'supposed to act or feel' just because I came into this world at a certain place on the planet.

24 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Nope, I choose Hearts a long time ago, I don't have that affinity with the Scotland national team as I've never really be one to care all that much about how i'm 'supposed to act or feel' just because I came into this world at a certain place on the planet.

Ok. 😄

21 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Germany finished bottom of their Group and were due to get relegated but UEFA changed it from groups of 3 to groups of 4 which meant Germany and some other teams didn't get relegated. 

It does mean that they now have to cram in 6 games into an already congested calendar and some teams (like Scotland) have got a triple header next month.  It's absolutely mental!!

I'm similar to others, there's no way I'd support the opposition, I just don't care any more about Scotland. 

On 31/08/2020 at 17:07, iantjambo said:

Most of these anti Scotland types are just seeking attention. 

Hating the SFA/SPFL is entirely a different matter. 

If the National team was successful they would change their attitude. 

Never been a fan of international football really, been to a few Scotland games just after the world cup in 98 probably 99-00. not fussed either way with them tbh. 

Bazzas right boot
On 31/08/2020 at 14:40, mre said:

No one disagrees with that. 

Nothing to do with the national football team tho. 

Салатные палочки

Imagine Doncaster and Petrie cutting about in their shitey Primark polo shirts, slacks, sandals and shades on an all expenses paid junket if we qualified. 

No thanks. 

24 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Germany v Spain has been decent. End to end. Couple of good saves by De Gea. Decent endeavour. 

I went for the tactical bore fest that is Finland v Wales 

😀 It's not bad, think Wales will win it though. 

🇫🇮 Off the post, was a sitter, open goal nearly.  Should have scored. 

Edited by HMFC01

I reckon Robson-kanu will come on and score the winner. 

Scratch that.  Moore just scored, easy tap in from a low cross. 

Edited by HMFC01

6 hours ago, Ribble said:

First time I've liked the thumb was that England game.  Ysss

3 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Spain's team looks so average compared to the previous generation :lol: really was a freakish group of players they had. 

Nice late equaliser though.