Proud To Be A Jambo

CARDIFFBOY

Just wanted to say how proud I feel to have joined the Jambo family; my new season ticket card arrived yesterday and I can't wait to get up there and support the boys in maroon. I feel a part of a fantastic Club with fantastic fans who give everything they can time after time when the chips are down and their generosity and loyalty are unsurpassed. For everything that this Club has gone through and suffered the fans have suffered alongside them and still their spirit cannot be destroyed. Next season is the time to rally around the manager and players and get our Club well and truly back where it belongs. Remember, Hearts and only Hearts! 💕. See you in The Wheatfield! Terry. 

Well done. I’ve been proud to be a jambo ( despite all the ups and downs ) since my dad took me to my first match in 1965.  👍👍

Nice one! 👍... first game - Hearts 1 -2 Ayr, April 1977 - we were relegated to the First Division that season if memory serves correctly. 😫

1 minute ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

Incredible they can send a season ticket quicker to Cardiff than they can to Midlothian 😂

...glad I'm not the only one! Mine hasn't even showed up on 'e-ticketing' yet!

Welcome onto the roller coaster CB, put your seatbelt on, you are taking on a love that trumps everything 👍

ps: don’t tell the missus I said that😬

23 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

Great to hear Cardiffboy. Are you an exile or a convert through the Callum Patterson connection? 

Lets just say I am a convert through injustice and through Hearts getting to my heart. Hope Callum returns to Gorgie one day too. HHGH and Only Hearts 💕

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Well done. I’ve been proud to be a jambo ( despite all the ups and downs ) since my dad took me to my first match in 1965.  👍👍

Cant believe you were 25 at your first game. 

:wow:

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

First game in 65 with my dad as well. 

Proud that day as I am now. 👍

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Nice one! 👍... first game - Hearts 1 -2 Ayr, April 1977 - we were relegated to the First Division that season if memory serves correctly. 😫

Still sends shivers, that game. Remember reading the paper in the pub, beforehand. It was saying “Hearts can’t get relegated, can they?”

Just one of the dips in the rollercoaster of supporting Hearts. The highs have been great, and will come around again.

6 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Still sends shivers, that game. Remember reading the paper in the pub, beforehand. It was saying “Hearts can’t get relegated, can they?”

Just one of the dips in the rollercoaster of supporting Hearts. The highs have been great, and will come around again.

That they will! I suppose I was getting a glimpse of what was to come... I was prepared young!😂😂😂

1 hour ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

Lets just say I am a convert through injustice and through Hearts getting to my heart. Hope Callum returns to Gorgie one day too. HHGH and Only Hearts 💕

👏👏👏👍

Winter 1956 under floodlights with my dad. Cant remember the oppo (could have been Partick but no real memory of it) I was perished and it 0 - 0 at a time when that was an unusual score. Put me off going back for a couple of years but I did and went on to prove that persistence is a wonderful thing.

1979 v St Johnstone in the First Division at Tynie was my first match. Probably didn’t have much clue about the circumstances only being 5 at the time!

It all became clearer as a I got older and wiser(not sure if I’m the latter mind you😁) and was lucky to witness the mid to late 80s teams in my most impressionable years. I’ll never forget those times despite the heartache.  Always held those times as a standard bearer for succeeding teams.

Real shame where we are now but we have to take it on the chin.  🇱🇻FTH HHGH

Fort Vallance
2 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I got married that weekend. Not the best start !

Glamorgan Jambo
3 hours ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

Just wanted to say how proud I feel to have joined the Jambo family; my new season ticket card arrived yesterday and I can't wait to get up there and support the boys in maroon. I feel a part of a fantastic Club with fantastic fans who give everything they can time after time when the chips are down and their generosity and loyalty are unsurpassed. For everything that this Club has gone through and suffered the fans have suffered alongside them and still their spirit cannot be destroyed. Next season is the time to rally around the manager and players and get our Club well and truly back where it belongs. Remember, Hearts and only Hearts! 💕. See you in The Wheatfield! Terry. 

At one point roughly ten years ago there was a group of Hearts supporters in the Cardiff area that would meet up to watch televised games (the less said about the time I turned up on the wrong day for a derby game the better).

Given quite a few of our games (mostly away games) will be televised on a Friday evening it may be worth trying to get something going if we can find a pub and more than four households are allowed to be at the same table (current Welsh Gov regs)

24 minutes ago, norrie1952 said:

1964 dunfermline at tynie 0-0.Its the smell from the breweries that's lingered with me through the years.

Still have that smell in my head ( nose ). 

11 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

😳 you weren’t at the game? 😱

Wasn't much interested in football when I was a kid. Had a mad uncle who tried to get me into Rangers, every Christmas there was some Rangers stuff so I sort of supported them but never interested in going to see them. It was 1982. The guy across the road was a Rangers fan and went to Ibrox regularly. He asked if i wanted to come to Ibrox, I asked my auld man he said "not a **** chance you're goin through there!" First football game I went to was Hibs v Rangers at Easter Rd. 0-0, bored oot ma skull, only thing I remember was Davie Cooper rippin the pish out of Ally Brazil. It was at that time I knew.... I detested Hibs. Following week, auld man says "if ye want tae go tae the fitba, Hearts are at home this week, i'll allow ye tae go" Guy across the road said he'd take me and his little brother along. We were in the first division at the time and we beat some team in black and white, possibly Ayr Utd 5-0 and from then on I've been at Tynecastle every season since. He became a Jambo himself. Uncle? He never spoke to me for a year. Any Rangers gear in my house was given away and it was HMFC all the way.

Edited by jambonian

35 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

At one point roughly ten years ago there was a group of Hearts supporters in the Cardiff area that would meet up to watch televised games (the less said about the time I turned up on the wrong day for a derby game the better).

Given quite a few of our games (mostly away games) will be televised on a Friday evening it may be worth trying to get something going if we can find a pub and more than four households are allowed to be at the same table (current Welsh Gov regs)

Hi Glamorgan Jambo, I am interested in how you travel to Hearts games, I am either going to fly up or drive up, if you know of any fellow Jambos in S.Wales who would be travelling please let me know. Terry. HHGH and Only Hearts 💕 

Glamorgan Jambo
46 minutes ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

Hi Glamorgan Jambo, I am interested in how you travel to Hearts games, I am either going to fly up or drive up, if you know of any fellow Jambos in S.Wales who would be travelling please let me know. Terry. HHGH and Only Hearts 💕 

Hi Terry, I only go to a few games a season and as both my wife and I are Edinburgh born it’s usually family visits in the car. 9/10 hours by car (always traffic), 5/6 hours by train (via Crewe) and there are still flights or there still were just prior to lockdown. Cardiff - Edinburgh is one of the core routes out of CWL so if the flights are currently stopped (it was FlyBe) someone else will take it up pretty quickly (believe it or not in the heyday 2000 - 2008 there were sometimes 5 flights a day on the route). The cheapest way would be by coach but that would almost certainly require a change and be a long (12 hour or more) slog. Sorry I don’t know any Hearts fans around here. The guy who organised the pub meets moved to York. There was another poster on here called The Brow who either changed name or hasn’t been seen by me for a while who was from what I could gather a regular at the Cardiff City Stadium.

I used to see a guy running through Cowbridge with a Hibs top on quite regularly but either he’s moved or gotten a better taste in running gear.

Glamorgan Jambo
2 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Hi Terry, I only go to a few games a season and as both my wife and I are Edinburgh born it’s usually family visits in the car. 9/10 hours by car (always traffic), 5/6 hours by train (via Crewe) and there are still flights or there still were just prior to lockdown. Cardiff - Edinburgh is one of the core routes out of CWL so if the flights are currently stopped (it was FlyBe) someone else will take it up pretty quickly (believe it or not in the heyday 2000 - 2008 there were sometimes 5 flights a day on the route). The cheapest way would be by coach but that would almost certainly require a change and be a long (12 hour or more) slog. Sorry I don’t know any Hearts fans around here. The guy who organised the pub meets moved to York. There was another poster on here called The Brow who either changed name or hasn’t been seen by me for a while who was from what I could gather a regular at the Cardiff City Stadium.

I used to see a guy running through Cowbridge with a Hibs top on quite regularly but either he’s moved or gotten a better taste in running gear.

Just checked the details and there are no current direct flights running. You can fly via Amsterdam for about 140 if you’re organised. Thinking a bit more if I was going for a short trip

I’d probably drive to Bristol and then get an EasyJet flight to Edinburgh. Or drive to Bristol Parkway and get a cross country train direct to Edinburgh.

J.T.F.Robertson

Not remotely sure of my first game but I think I remember seeing them at ER (strangely enough) in a League Cup semi against Stirling Albion.

If I haven't imagined the whole thing I was there with my dad, a Hibbie and an uncle, one of us good guys.

*Just Googled - November '61. 😨 Won 2-1, AET and lost the final to Rangers, 3-1, after a replay.

Fort Vallance

Fortunately not. But watched Scotsport that night. Tells you all you need to know about the wedding night !

2 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

1 minute ago, Fort Vallance said:

Fortunately not. But watched Scotsport that night. Tells you all you need to know about the wedding night !

To be able to remember that? Hats off to you. Oh, the temptation to ask an inappropriate question as to who got pumped the most that fateful day ... 😈

1 hour ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Just checked the details and there are no current direct flights running. You can fly via Amsterdam for about 140 if you’re organised. Thinking a bit more if I was going for a short trip

I’d probably drive to Bristol and then get an EasyJet flight to Edinburgh. Or drive to Bristol Parkway and get a cross country train direct to Edinburgh.

I am doing EasyJet from Bristol, cheap flights and takes hour and fifteen mins. 

2 hours ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

Fair play if your driving from Cardiff. 

Was there for work at the start of the month and it took 6 hours to get there but 10 hours to get back 😩

Heart of Darkness
6 hours ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

Welcome CARDIFFBOY!! 👍♥️

Cheers Pablo and to everyone else who has responded, I will be in Edinburgh end of September so lookin forward to seeing the City, the sights and the pubs and meeting the locals. Hope when fans are allowed back to meet the maroon army and share the pain or hopefully the glory! Terry 

gordon simpson

I have followed  Hearts for 55 years and must say have been totally scunnered this year with football and the way it is run especially in Scotland . But have renewed my season ticket along with 5 friends and can honestly say will not set foot in any stadium in Scotland apart  from my beloved Tynecastle HHGH

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Still have that smell in my head ( nose ). 

It was a great time Dave.Didnt realise time would pass so fast.I still like going through the old turnstiles. They've never changed. 

The Treasurer

There will be plenty times you will think WTF am I doing, but you'll never regret following the this fantastic club. 

When do the championship games kick off......   Hopefully the premier can go without incident...allow more folk in to games, and Hearts have a good run of results...  Just lift all our spirits around the Christmas time..  Maybe a couple of good cup ties....

1 hour ago, Fort Vallance said:

😂😂😂

Fort Vallance
1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

To be able to remember that? Hats off to you. Oh, the temptation to ask an inappropriate question as to who got pumped the most that fateful day ... 😈

The game lasted 90 minutes. I didn't even make the second half.

49 minutes ago, gordon simpson said:

I have followed  Hearts for 55 years and must say have been totally scunnered this year with football and the way it is run especially in Scotland . But have renewed my season ticket along with 5 friends and can honestly say will not set foot in any stadium in Scotland apart  from my beloved Tynecastle HHGH

Have a wee think about an away day to Inverness. It remains to be seen if any away fans will be allowed; but, fingers crossed. 🤞

Doctor FinnBarr
5 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

2 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

It was a midweek game was it not?

Independence
8 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Likewise but since 1961. Never stopped loving this club and never will. Through thick and thin!

9 hours ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

:yas:

:fth:

36 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

It was a midweek game was it not?

Can’t remember... but I do know that after that game I wanted a shirt. I got one the next week (for going to the dentist and not greetin!) When I got the shirt I got my mum to sew a number 5 on the back... Frank Liddle, I think! I was the dugs bawz! Funny how things come back to you!

Edited by Rogue Daddy
Pretty sure the shirt was Umbro with white diamonds down the sleeves and a white collar! 😂😂😂

Broxburn Jambo

1962 Hearts v Moscow Torpedo 7 year old taken by a foster brother,,, move on 5 years later 35 bus from outskirts of Leith by myself. now 58 years later try and get to as many as I can.......Always Hearts only Hearts