Bin collections

Tazio

Anyone here in EH4 or other areas that had bin collections scheduled today not had the collection yet? I’ve not seen anything in the news about collections not happening yet my bin still sits outside on the pavement. 

Nucky Thompson

It happened to us the other week. Everyone parks on the one side of our narrow street but some lazy twat bumped up on the pavement at the other side and the bin lorry couldn't get down 

The block opposite me are strange.  There are a mixture of green and grey bins still on the pavement nearly two days after recycling collection.  Some of them don't seem to put a bin out at all.

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Anyone here in EH4 or other areas that had bin collections scheduled today not had the collection yet? I’ve not seen anything in the news about collections not happening yet my bin still sits outside on the pavement. 

Our brown bin has been left a few times as between it being put out and collected, a passer by has put an empty can or a chip wrapper in it.  We've got the communal black bins they're often not emptied because cars are doubled parked or parked too close.

We're near the depot so out bins are mostly emptied just after 6am which is really enjoyable.

3fingersreid

Just wish they’d put the ****ers back from where they got them , rather than going on a sponsored walk to get them back from where they dump them . 

There's no need for so many different bins. Waste should be weekly, grass fortnightly during summer and recycling 3 to 4 weekly. Feck it, naebdy gies af, so burn it all!!!! 

Get @jake to sort these ***** oot! 

Edited by ri Alban

highlandjambo3
9 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Just wish they’d put the ****ers back from where they got them , rather than going on a sponsored walk to get them back from where they dump them . 

Not sure if there is a power drive or, look at me scenario but our bin collector used to ALLWAYS place the empty bin back smack central over the driveway meaning I could not get my car in.....I live on a busy street and when coming back from work, much to other drivers annoyance, I would have to get out my car on the main road, move the bin then get back in to park on my drive.........

I did think about putting a shit on the bin handle to exact my revenge but my wife decided a box of chocolates and a “thank you key workers” card would be much better.......the problem has now gone away.......why are women so much more clever😒

3fingersreid
1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Not sure if there is a power drive or, look at me scenario but our bin collector used to ALLWAYS place the empty bin back smack central over the driveway meaning I could not get my car in.....I live on a busy street and when coming back from work, much to other drivers annoyance, I would have to get out my car on the main road, move the bin then get back in to park on my drive.........

I did think about putting a shit on the bin handle to exact my revenge but my wife decided a box of chocolates and a “thank you key workers” card would be much better.......the problem has now gone away.......why are women so much more  to persuade them 😃

clever or smiled at them and won them over with her charm and good looks  ? 😃😃

That’s them just emptied them a few minutes ago. Only 24 hours late. 
I don’t like the bike being out on a Friday night in case of passing drunks knocking it over or the like, last thing i want to be doing on a Saturday morning is chasing my rubbish about the street.