Thank you and what a club

third lanark

15 hours ago, been here before said:

Nah as I've said on here frequently Partick can go **** themselves. Im not buying this 'friends for life' pish Im afraid.

A recent history of bawbaggery and shithousery, demanding SFA investigations about us trying to get the game on when the new stand was opening and lying through their teeth about the behaviour of Hearts fans.

Mind their claims that the Hearts support were responsible for pound coins "showering" down along with "showers of other missles" onto the home dugout?

Im still waiting for the apology from March last year when the lying *******s publicly accused us in the national press of that before quietly letting it go following an 'internal investigation' mainly due to the fact it never happened.

This cuddly Partick new found best pals 4ever baffles me.

Any need for that?

Boy comes on to thank some Hearts fans for their generosity and you just have a dig like that.

been here before
40 minutes ago, dsk1210 said:

Any need for that?

Boy comes on to thank some Hearts fans for their generosity and you just have a dig like that.

But thats not what he's done though is it?

If he had done then fine, nae bother but he starts on about "Jags and Jambos friends for life" and "a real genuine friendship.... etc..." its almost bordering on Celtic and their 'special relationship' with anyone who'll have them.

Some of us want to be their bestest pals in the whole wide world till we die which is their perogative and some of us view them as snidey wanks and cannae really get the love in.

I do appteciate the latter is hugely frowned upon by the ubers on here but not to worry, its good to let them vent their inability to take a different opinion on board.

Fill your boots gents.

Edited by been here before

4 hours ago, Locky said:

Guys, you can have respect for another Scottish club and still be a PHM. :lol: 

Fan friendships are common across Europe and I certainly have nothing but respect for Thistle fans. I'd still be cautious of the 'friends' tag though as football fans in Scotland are a very fickle bunch, and all it takes is one turbulent match to change that. But FWIW OP, as I said, I've always respected Thistle fans. I respect fans of any club in Glasgow who don't support the Old Firm, except for those shitehawks St Mirren, although not strictly Glasgow.

All the best for the season in League One. I hope to see Thistle in the Premiership with us again in the future. A trip to Glasgow that we can all stomach!

Good post. These things are generally fluid in my experience.

9 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Good post. These things are generally fluid in my experience.

We're too petty in this country for friendships and the likes. Look at Raith. A club that I always had a bit of respect for. We seemed to have a good relationship, sent many young players there on loan, they even wore their special McCrae's Battalion shirt when we played them on Remeberance weekend in 2014. Then this summer, they've effectively burnt those bridges and now our fans loathe them. 

Funny old game.

maroonlegions
2 hours ago, been here before said:

But thats not what he's done though is it?

If he had done then fine, nae bother but he starts on about "Jags and Jambos friends for life" and "a real genuine friendship.... etc..." its almost bordering on Celtic and their 'special relationship' with anyone who'll have them.

Some of us want to be their bestest pals in the whole wide world till we die which is their perogative and some of us view them as snidey wanks and cannae really get the love in.

I do appteciate the latter is hugely frowned upon by the ubers on here but not to worry, its good to let them vent their inability to take a different opinion on board.

Fill your boots gents.

You're  digging of your hole  is why  it's getting deeper. 

Seen nothing wrong in the Jags boy post, in a world were there is plenty hatred towards folk a wee olive branch now and again is not such a bad thing. Thing is you are NOT speaking for  the rest  of us. 

been here before
11 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

You're  digging of your hole  is why  it's getting deeper. 

Seen nothing wrong in the Jags boy post, in a world were there is plenty hatred towards folk a wee olive branch now and again is not such a bad thing. Thing is you are NOT speaking for  the rest  of us. 

Having a different opinion from others is not "in a hole" 🤣

I never said there was anything wrong with the boys post per se. I said I dont agree with the cuddly Partick hands across the M8 pish. I also pointed out that the post isnt just what dsk said it was.

Ive never claimed to be speaking for "the rest of us". You've just made that up, caps for emphasis and all. T

I dont suppose its worth pointing out that thankfully you "are NOT" speaking for the rest of us.

I guess we all have one more thing to be thankful for.

6 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

This, great bar in their ground, as well.

Can’t beat a pint of their Jaggy Lager. Of all the Scottish clubs l hate then the Jags aren’t one of them. Can’t say I’ve a soft spot for any of the others, only Hearts. But fair play to the Jags and I respect that they took the fight alongside us to the corrupt cabal. When allies are thin on the ground then it doesn’t do us any harm to align ourselves with the Jags, ICT etc. They didn’t stab us in the back unlike the others. So thanks for coming on to a rival fans forum, thanking us and treating us with respect 🇱🇻🇧🇪

Edited by Saughton Jambo

My favourite away trip. And as a club that got ****ed over even more than we did, I’ve got way more time for the Jags than the 34 clubs that voted to expel us. I want them to do well, whereas I hope the corrupt 34 go bust. 

I always enjoyed going to firhill for thrills.Me and my mates hitched there when there was a transport strike early 70,s.Also it was my sons first game as a jambo,that freezing cold day in the Scottish cup 2005 ish ?.I've no problem with them. 

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Can’t beat a pint of their Jaggy Lager. Of all the Scottish clubs l hate then the Jags aren’t one of them. Can’t say I’ve a soft spot for any of the others, only Hearts. But fair play to the Jags and I respect that they took the fight alongside us to the corrupt cabal. When allies are thin on the ground then it doesn’t do us any harm to align ourselves with the Jags, ICT etc. They didn’t stab us in the back unlike the others. So thanks for coming

41 minutes ago, norrie1952 said:

I always enjoyed going to firhill for thrills.Me and my mates hitched there when there was a transport strike early 70,s.Also it was my sons first game as a jambo,that freezing cold day in the Scottish cup 2005 ish ?.I've no problem with them. 

on to a rival fans forum, thanking us and treating us with respect 🇱🇻🇧🇪

Good posts.

I mind going to a game through at Firhill. We got a wee bit lost in the car and asked an auld guy at a bus stop where the ground was again? he said "ah stay quite close to the ground, if yiz gie me a lift doon ah'll show ye where it is" Fair enough, "doon here lads, right here lads, straight doon and roond tae the left" ///"That's me here lads!///Cheers for the lift!" (Me....)"so where's the ground?" "Oh aye, just doon there and roond the corner" Driving down there and suddenly Celtic fans were starting to appear more and more, next thing we could see Celtic Park in the distance and realised the auld git directed us to that fekin midden! Got away as quick as we could incase we go spotted by the knuckle-draggers and found it eventually. Ach well, at least the auld shite got back home.

3 hours ago, been here before said:

Having a different opinion from others is not "in a hole" 🤣

I never said there was anything wrong with the boys post per se. I said I dont agree with the cuddly Partick hands across the M8 pish. I also pointed out that the post isnt just what dsk said it was.

Ive never claimed to be speaking for "the rest of us". You've just made that up, caps for emphasis and all. T

I dont suppose its worth pointing out that thankfully you "are NOT" speaking for the rest of us.

I guess we all have one more thing to be thankful for.

:rofl:

We were both ****ed over and some fans went out their way too help them, fair play. But other than that i agree the hands across the M8 stuff isn't for me. Do wish them a quick return to the championship but if/when we meet i would hope we pumped them.

Harry Potter
13 hours ago, jambonian said:

I mind going to a game through at Firhill. We got a wee bit lost in the car and asked an auld guy at a bus stop where the ground was again? he said "ah stay quite close to the ground, if yiz gie me a lift doon ah'll show ye where it is" Fair enough, "doon here lads, right here lads, straight doon and roond tae the left" ///"That's me here lads!///Cheers for the lift!" (Me....)"so where's the ground?" "Oh aye, just doon there and roond the corner" Driving down there and suddenly Celtic fans were starting to appear more and more, next thing we could see Celtic Park in the distance and realised the auld git directed us to that fekin midden! Got away as quick as we could incase we go spotted by the knuckle-draggers and found it eventually. Ach well, at least the auld shite got back home.

lol.😀

14 hours ago, jambonian said:

Tbh thats ****ing halrarious that the old guy basically got a free taxi. Would have probably been pissed off but laughed about it later 

SectionDJambo
14 hours ago, jambonian said:

Had a very similar experience, back in the day. We could never find Firhill, due in part to all the roadworks and changes when they were building the motorway through Glasgow. 
We stopped to ask a guy if we were close, and he also did the “I’ll show you if you give me a lift” thing.

However, he took us to Firhill. 😉

On 26/08/2020 at 20:33, been here before said:

Nah as I've said on here frequently Partick can go **** themselves. Im not buying this 'friends for life' pish Im afraid.

A recent history of bawbaggery and shithousery, demanding SFA investigations about us trying to get the game on when the new stand was opening and lying through their teeth about the behaviour of Hearts fans.

Mind their claims that the Hearts support were responsible for pound coins "showering" down along with "showers of other missles" onto the home dugout?

Im still waiting for the apology from March last year when the lying *******s publicly accused us in the national press of that before quietly letting it go following an 'internal investigation' mainly due to the fact it never happened.

This cuddly Partick new found best pals 4ever baffles me.

Your easily baffled my little pal. Your attitude is disgusting and because of a few problems between fans which includes Hearts fans we joined forces with PT to fight a common injustice. There is a bond with PT now at Director level and Supporters which is strong just now but you coming out with bad language just turns a positive into a negative which is no good for anyone..

4 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Tbh thats ****ing halrarious that the old guy basically got a free taxi. Would have probably been pissed off but laughed about it later 

To be honest once we realised what the auld bugger had done we burst into fits of laughter. Nice auld guy but with traffic getting a bit heavy, Hearts tops on and dozens and dozens more Celtic fans getting too close to the car we thought we better get the hell out of here. Eventually spotted a Thistle fan in his car so we followed him until we saw fellow Jambos.