Thank you and what a club

third lanark

third lanark

Hi guys

been mentioned on a couple of jags Facebook page that a jambos fan named Keith arranges a wee collection for Partick Thistle towards the SFA fine and donated £900 . All I can say say is if there is one good thing to come out of the SPFL/SFA farce is the Jags and Jambos - friends for life.  Already a lot of respect between the 2 fan bases previously (Tynecastle considered best day out by jags fans previously) but now a real genuine friendship between the pride of Edinburgh and Glasgow.  thank you to Keith and other Jambos for the amazing gesture 

Stay safe Jambos and hope you absolutely roar through the championship and are back in the premier league next season 

0FDF47C3-3708-4891-9C91-1BC13EABAAC3.jpeg

been here before
6 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Hi guys

been mentioned on a couple of jags Facebook page that a jambos fan named Keith arranges a wee collection for Partick Thistle towards the SFA fine and donated £900 . All I can say say is if there is one good thing to come out of the SPFL/SFA farce is the Jags and Jambos - friends for life.  Already a lot of respect between the 2 fan bases previously (Tynecastle considered best day out by jags fans previously) but now a real genuine friendship between the pride of Edinburgh and Glasgow.  thank you to Keith and other Jambos for the amazing gesture 

Stay safe Jambos and hope you absolutely roar through the championship and are back in the premier league next season 

Nah as I've said on here frequently Partick can go **** themselves. Im not buying this 'friends for life' pish Im afraid.

A recent history of bawbaggery and shithousery, demanding SFA investigations about us trying to get the game on when the new stand was opening and lying through their teeth about the behaviour of Hearts fans.

Mind their claims that the Hearts support were responsible for pound coins "showering" down along with "showers of other missles" onto the home dugout?

Im still waiting for the apology from March last year when the lying *******s publicly accused us in the national press of that before quietly letting it go following an 'internal investigation' mainly due to the fact it never happened.

This cuddly Partick new found best pals 4ever baffles me.

11 minutes ago, been here before said:

Nah as I've said on here frequently Partick can go **** themselves. Im not buying this 'friends for life' pish Im afraid.

A recent history of bawbaggery and shithousery, demanding SFA investigations about us trying to get the game on when the new stand was opening and lying through their teeth about the behaviour of Hearts fans.

Mind their claims that the Hearts support were responsible for pound coins "showering" down along with "showers of other missles" onto the home dugout?

Im still waiting for the apology from March last year when the lying *******s publicly accused us in the national press of that before quietly letting it go following an 'internal investigation' mainly due to the fact it never happened.

Say thanks and something positive, get a slap in the baws.

Only on kickback 🙄

Edited by Mister T

third lanark
7 minutes ago, been here before said:

Don’t recall any allegations of coins being thrown in any Partick Thistle v Hearts game forever. I have never seen any media reports anywhere over the years about any investigation over coin throwing.

most Hearts fans were complimentary about how patient jags fans were regarding delays were to the game with the new stand opening. Can you imagine if it had been the old firm?

Sure there was one rather childish statement from the jags chief exec on the day of the game about how the delays had been unfair on jags fans but most of us thought he sounded childish and were a bit embarrassed about it

9 minutes ago, Jeremy Goss said:

Ignore that dingle above.

Hope Partick win League 1 and get back up ASAP. Total farce what’s happened to our clubs.

Brilliant

Haven't heard dingle for years 😂

Absolutely spot on use in the context.

been here before
2 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Don’t recall any allegations of coins being thrown in any Partick Thistle v Hearts game forever. I have never seen any media reports anywhere over the years about any investigation over coin throwing.

most Hearts fans were complimentary about how patient jags fans were regarding delays were to the game with the new stand opening. Can you imagine if it had been the old firm?

Sure there was one rather childish statement from the jags chief exec on the day of the game about how the delays had been unfair on jags fans but most of us thought he sounded childish and were a bit embarrassed about it

First 3 results on Google...

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/partick-thistle-investigate-alleged-coin-15928987

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/theyre-not-football-fans-gary-caldwell-urges-action-after-partick-hearts-coin-throwing-incidents-87688

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gary-caldwell-targeted-hearts-fans-14092582

16 minutes ago, been here before said:

:laugh:

But what about when Partick donated cash to Hearts when we were in admin? Then Hearts running supporter buses for them when our game got called off because of waterlogged pitch a few years or so ago?

Scottish football is made up of *****. But when we get a reasonably good ***** who doesn't kick out at us all the time, might be worth keeping them a little closer than the rest.

15 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Mate

All clubs will have a bit of a set too from time to time, its the nature of the game.

We stood together against one of the worst , and most unfair decisions ever made in football, and to me that stands for a lot.

I am sure you will receive a warm welcome from the majority of Hearts fans the the next time we meet.

All the best when you get back to playing.

10 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Mate

All clubs will have a bit of a set too from time to time, its the nature of the game.

We stood together against one of the worst , and most unfair decisions ever made in football, and to me that stands for a lot.

I am sure you will receive a warm welcome from the majority of Hearts fans the the next time we meet.

All the best when you get back to playing.

This is the bus for me. 👍

23 minutes ago, been here before said:

If this was the cup game last season there it’s not an allegation. Some of the Hearts fans in the main stand at the end where there is no terracing where bang out of order. Flare nearly hit a ball boy who was so badly shaken he had to leave the pitch side. It nearly hit him in the head. 

been here before
13 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

😂

Looks like that's just an ex Hibs/Celtic prick trying to make us look bad.   Wouldn't take it too seriously.

I dont take it that seriously. I just dont go along with the official JKB line that Partick are a barry wee outfit and we should be the bestest pals in the whole wide world.

9 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

If this was the cup game last season there it’s not an allegation. Some of the Hearts fans in the main stand at the end where there is no terracing where bang out of order. Flare nearly hit a ball boy who was so badly shaken he had to leave the pitch side. It nearly hit him in the head. 

Was there a flare lobbed at that game? I cant remember seeing that. Its not in any of the press reports Ive quoted. Im sure our new bessies would have been all over that.

There were more than a few dicks at the League Cup game at Dunfermline who lobbed one on there a couple of years back.

Edited by been here before

Partick Thistle was one of the clubs who tried to help us out when we were in administration, it's also one of my favourite away games, definitely the acceptable face of Glasgow football.

I'm very much on board with the boycott away games movement, but Partick would be one of the few exceptions.

Montgomery Brewster
35 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

😂

Looks like that's just an ex Hibs/Celtic prick trying to make us look bad.   Wouldn't take it too seriously.

You took the words right out of my mouth 

9 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Partick Thistle was one of the clubs who tried to help us out when we were in administration, it's also one of my favourite away games, definitely the acceptable face of Glasgow football.

I'm very much on board with the boycott away games movement, but Partick would be one of the few exceptions.

West End of Glasgow is a decent away trip too.

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Been here's a bore 😴

50 minutes ago, been here before said:

I dont take it that seriously. I just dont go along with the official JKB line that Partick are a barry wee outfit and we should be the bestest pals in the whole wide world.

Was there a flare lobbed at that game? I cant remember seeing that. Its not in any of the press reports Ive quoted. Im sure our new bessies would have been all over that.

There were more than a few dicks at the League Cup game at Dunfermline who lobbed one on there a couple of years back.

Yes - saw it with my own eyes. First half 

been here before
12 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Been here's a bore 😴

****ydug.

What other shite puns can we do?

10 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Fair do's I was in the stand behind the dugouts and never saw it.

Odd it wasnt mentioned.

2 hours ago, been here before said:

FFS man.😆 Perhaps seek some professional help?😇

Oh my god!!!!! Surely this bore has broken a rule somewhere and we can bin him no?!?!

OP. Partick are GCs. Aye have been. Glad we're pals. You hate the OF. We do too

(ignore our embarrassing minority). You perhaps need to work on hating Hibs more directly. Other than that, we're all good.

Hope we play each other soon. In a cup next season. Then in the prem season after.

2 hours ago, been here before said:

jesus is there a need. Really ? Things moved on since then ffs

1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

I saw it too. Actually think we were singing 'One Craig Levein' in the first half too, but he ended up being booed off at the end. 

kingantti1874

Welcome PTFC fan and best of luck next season.

we do still have our fair share of absolute weapons as I’m sure you’ve noticed 😂

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

FFS man.😆 Perhaps seek some professional help?😇

Yes he could go and consult Gary Caldwell

He appears to be his goto guy

Well done @been here before nice to get an alternative view. I couldn't really care about Partick one way or another but if he can't be arsed with them he's more than entitled to say so without getting called names.

16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Well done @been here before nice to get an alternative view. I couldn't really care about Partick one way or another but if he can't be arsed with them he's more than entitled to say so without getting called names.

Start a thread, then. 👍

Just now, ri Alban said:

Start a thread, then. 👍

Doesn't really merit its own thread imo. If you feel strongly about it, you start one.

Great club Partick.  Family connection has always made them my other club.  Also loved the games at Firhill back in the day.

Unknown user
20 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He's entitled to say so, and others are entitled to say what they think of that.

Sunrise, sunset.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Doesn't really merit its own thread imo. If you feel strongly about it, you start one.

Naw! I don't give a shit about this one either. But I find it difficult to be upset about Partick Thistle fan thanking Hearts Fans for doing something good. 

Just now, ri Alban said:

Naw! I don't give a shit about this one either. But I find it difficult to be upset about Partick Thistle fan thanking Hearts Fans for doing something good. 

Yeah, as I said I'm not really bothered about Partick either way. Let's face it, they were pissed on by the spfl in much the same way as us. Hearts fans having a zero tolerance attitude to anyone having a go at partick and resorting to calling fellow fans dingles and the likes is a bit much though.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah, as I said I'm not really bothered about Partick either way. Let's face it, they were pissed on by the spfl in much the same way as us. Hearts fans having a zero tolerance attitude to anyone having a go at partick and resorting to calling fellow fans dingles and the likes is a bit much though.

He is but, be honest. :D

Guys, you can have respect for another Scottish club and still be a PHM. :lol: 

Fan friendships are common across Europe and I certainly have nothing but respect for Thistle fans. I'd still be cautious of the 'friends' tag though as football fans in Scotland are a very fickle bunch, and all it takes is one turbulent match to change that. But FWIW OP, as I said, I've always respected Thistle fans. I respect fans of any club in Glasgow who don't support the Old Firm, except for those shitehawks St Mirren, although not strictly Glasgow.

All the best for the season in League One. I hope to see Thistle in the Premiership with us again in the future. A trip to Glasgow that we can all stomach!

11 hours ago, been here before said:

F@ck sake. Have a day off!

I actually don't mind Partick Thistle. They have a strong vocal support who seem to be untainted by sectarian bigotry. I also came across individual supporters who wished us luck for the semi final after we beat them in the Scottish Cup last year. As a result, I'm kind of glad it was them standing next to us in our legal battle this year.

However, they would have ****ed us up the **** with no hesitation if they'd been sitting second bottom of the Championship when the cards fell in March.

Only Hearts.

Diadora Van Basten

I take it the guy who raised the money split it 50/50 between Hearts and Partick after kickback paid the fine as he raised just under £1800 after fees.

I would have gave it all to Partick but that might have upset some Hearts fans so he probably did the right thing.

I think there is a real bond formed between Hearts and Partick Thistle as well as all the clubs who did the right thing.

Tokyo Drifter
12 hours ago, third lanark said:

Hi guys

Best away fans by a mile the last time we were in the Championship. Had a soft spot for Thistle ever since. Keep the faith, pal.

I think it is fair to say that our M8 Alliance is pretty much set in stone now. We should be organising a quadrangular tournament with them and ICT. 

13 hours ago, RobNox said:

This 👍

Harry Potter
14 hours ago, RobNox said:

This, great bar in their ground, as well.

Boyces beard
15 hours ago, Jeremy Goss said:

Ignore that dingle above.

Hope Partick win League 1 and get back up ASAP. Total farce what’s happened to our clubs.

This

15 hours ago, been here before said:

Jesus