Charlie Nicholas

Hairdryer

1 minute ago, Locky said:

A bit predictable if nothing else. There was a chemistry with them all though that made it entertaining to watch at times. Be interesting to see who they bring in as replacements but no doubt this is a move to have a bit more diversity. Which is absolutely fine if the replacements are actually capable.

Aye, I used to like it years ago. Predictable is probably the right word. Be nice to have someone who doesn't have an old firm allegiance if there is a Scot on the panel. Not that our game gets much coverage anyway.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Rick James

• Heart of Darkness

• Hairdryer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Locky said:

A bit predictable if nothing else. There was a chemistry with them all though that made it entertaining to watch at times. Be interesting to see who they bring in as replacements but no doubt this is a move to have a bit more diversity. Which is absolutely fine if the replacements are actually capable.

i quite like matt murray when they bring him on to that show, talks calmly and clearly explains what is happening and can detail what went wrong etc. i would expect sue smith will be a regular as she seems to be sky sports news ex female footballer of choice.

14 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Charlie,  I'm just sitting here thinking that I never thought I would see the day when you would become my birthday present.

What?

Was Shellick being bitch slapped by the SG not enough?

Or Shellick being papped oot the CL?

...some people are so spoiled! 😂😂😂

Happy Birthday!

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Aye, I used to like it years ago. Predictable is probably the right word. Be nice to have someone who doesn't have an old firm allegiance if there is a Scot on the panel. Not that our game gets much coverage anyway.

It's usually just Luke Shanley (sp) sitting in Parkhead or Ibrox these days. Mind it was Stuart Lovell for a while? An ex player, who played for neither of those teams. :lol: 

Just now, milky_26 said:

i quite like matt murray when they bring him on to that show, talks calmly and clearly explains what is happening and can detail what went wrong etc. i would expect sue smith will be a regular as she seems to be sky sports news ex female footballer of choice.

Aye Murray is good at what he does tbf. Is Sue Smith the lass with the fairly short, ruffled hair? Alex Scott was on Sky a lot at one point, but she seems to be on BBC a lot more now? She seems to crop up everywhere. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Locky said:

It's usually just Luke Shanley (sp) sitting in Parkhead or Ibrox these days. Mind it was Stuart Lovell for a while? An ex player, who played for neither of those teams. :lol: 

😀Had forgotten all about Lovell. He was pretty poor. Andy Walker from Celtic park was a regular thing for a while but he seemed to suddenly get league 1 or 2 matches instead.

4 minutes ago, Locky said:

Aye Murray is good at what he does tbf. Is Sue Smith the lass with the fairly short, ruffled hair? Alex Scott was on Sky a lot at one point, but she seems to be on BBC a lot more now? She seems to crop up everywhere. :lol: 

yes sue smith is who you have described, i would prefer alex scott as i feel her analysis is better than smiths

Smoked-Glass

Kind of thought that all the people on soccer Saturday made the show good. 

But maybe time to change the show. 

Charlie was good when it was just Jim and Charlie talking about the game they were covering. 

18 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

😀Had forgotten all about Lovell. He was pretty poor. Andy Walker from Celtic park was a regular thing for a while but he seemed to suddenly get league 1 or 2 matches instead.

Walker seems to only crop up now on Sky Sports News as their Scottish football expert. Had the pleasure of calling him a to his face once.

How the **** is Davie Provan still at Sky too? You somehow forget him, then all of a sudden he starts co-commentating on a match. Usually the lesser quality PL games.

I see Scott Minto has now been binned by Sky. No doubt we will see a raft of female and coloured presenters to tick a few boxes. 

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

Matt Murray’s good but Sue Smith’s ****ing awful. Worse than Charlie Nicholas, which is saying something. Glad he’s been binned though the daft *****. 

Charlie Nicholas - New Celtic manager? :lenny:

LoL.Lets get this rumour started :kirk:

Edited by Hector Riva

19 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I see Scott Minto has now been binned by Sky. No doubt we will see a raft of female and coloured presenters to tick a few boxes. 

I would say that is 100% nailed on.

maroonsgotop
14 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Yeah. I’ve got a real aversion to women panellists/commentators on football shows. I know it’s sexist and stupid. My daughter gives me no end of stick for it, (and rightly so) but there ye go.

For some reason Helen Chamberlain did not bother me.

Re OP I’d rather Katie Price than Shampoo Charlie though

no doubt we'll be reminded that the great Brazil team of 1970 won the men's World Cup 

4 hours ago, Locky said:

They appealed to the older generation ,certainly.(Anyone over 40, not 80😁)  Being former players they had good knowledge, a bit of the lads style banter and had that old fashioned charm in their general demeanour when they interact.  

They became a staple most people enjoyed on a Saturday(if you weren’t at Tynie of course)

I’m not sure alot of the upcoming younger pundits will have that? The ones you see now and again come across a bit too serious, out to impress with their analysis and don’t really intertwine it with a bit humour.  

10 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

They appealed to the older generation ,certainly.(Anyone over 40, not 80😁)  Being former players they had good knowledge, a bit of the lads style banter and had that old fashioned charm in their general demeanour when they interact.  

They became a staple most people enjoyed on a Saturday(if you weren’t at Tynie of course)

I’m not sure alot of the upcoming younger pundits will have that? The ones you see now and again come across a bit too serious, out to impress with their analysis and don’t really intertwine it with a bit humour.  

Yeah that's what worries me. It was a bit lads club, but it was done well and tastefully. Sadly, I feel that in this generation, they won't be seen for who they were and what they brought to the table, but privileged white men. I think we all know that the replacements of these 3 will probably include a woman and someone of an ethnic minority background, which is totally fine if they're up to the task. But I agree, few will come with the same sort of banter as those did.

2 hours ago, Zico said:

Matt Murray’s good but Sue Smith’s ****ing awful. Worse than Charlie Nicholas, which is saying something. Glad he’s been binned though the daft *****. 

I like Matt Murray (I've met him through a mutual friend )  he is a top bloke and as friendly in real life as he appears on TV.

Sue Smith gets on my tits & I can't stand her voice - unlike Alex Taylor whose energy/enthusiasm  I really like (and she's very good on her tactical analysis). 

Hopefully Luke Shanley (is there a dumber , clumsier interviewer on TV ?) and Jim White will be next.  Please.

I really miss Ian Payne (now on LBC) - one of the last proper "journalists" on Sky since they  replaced all the decent ones with "failed estate agents" as  one  media name once said.  

SectionDJambo
8 minutes ago, Locky said:

Yeah that's what worries me. It was a bit lads club, but it was done well and tastefully. Sadly, I feel that in this generation, they won't be seen for who they were and what they brought to the table, but privileged white men. I think we all know that the replacements of these 3 will probably include a woman and someone of an ethnic minority background, which is totally fine if they're up to the task. But I agree, few will come with the same sort of banter as those did.

It will be important, for Sky, that they replace the 3 with others who can have the same kind of relationship, between each other, that they have had. Glad to see Nicholas gone, but the 4 together could be entertaining to listen to, arguing with each other about football.

They don’t want to replace them with boring, personality vacuums just because they get the right racial or sex mix for pc purposes.

maroonsgotop
28 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

It will be important, for Sky, that they replace the 3 with others who can have the same kind of relationship, between each other, that they have had. Glad to see Nicholas gone, but the 4 together could be entertaining to listen to, arguing with each other about football.

They don’t want to replace them with boring, personality vacuums just because they get the right racial or sex mix for pc purposes.

I fear that's precisely what will happen