Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Locky

• Heart of Darkness

• Jamhammer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Swanny17 said:

I hope we see a far more diverse panel from now on. 

In todays 'Woke' society that will be a given!

This should have happened years ago, can only think they are keeping Merson as he is not the most stable of individuals. A clear out and new faces is a good thing. 

If only Sportsound would take heed. 

31 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

The new panel will consist of John Barnes, Eniola Aluko and Bruce Jenner.

Think that just about covers most options to keep the pc crazies happy.

😂😂😂. You mean Caitlyn though...cant call her Bruce now😜

1 hour ago, The White Cockade said:

Always seemed to hate us for some reason 

Hopeless on Soccer Saturday anyway

Someone will have the right details but wasn’t he booed at Tynie while playing for Scotland U-17s or something? As you say he’s never liked us since. Heaven knows how he’s lasted so long at Sky Sports. 

22 minutes ago, Boris said:

Barnes has Celtic links...?

Was thinking James McLean. Would give a unique insight into the English game and could wear his balaclava to help protect his co-presenter from Covid. 

3 minutes ago, jamborod said:

Someone will have the right details but wasn’t he booed at Tynie while playing for Scotland U-17s or something? As you say he’s never liked us since. Heaven knows how he’s lasted so long at Sky Sports. 

He hates us because he’s not allowed to hate rangers in public.many west of Scotland dafties just see us as an extension of rangers. 

Charlie,  I'm just sitting here thinking that I never thought I would see the day when you would become my birthday present.

4 minutes ago, Crete said:

Wasted his career at Arsenal would have been better going to man utd or Liverpool. He could still do a job at Hearts.

Aye, as a lavie cleaner.

48 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

c329c94d5f540a7a9a1595d068a65d99.jpg

That very famous bronze titled "Up the stinker" by Rod-in which is absolutely perfect fo Champagne & Charlie Nicholas

2 hours ago, Auldreekie1874 said:

Matt le Tissier and Phil Thompson gone aswell.

I can pretty much guarantee that one of the replacements will be a woman

20 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

😂😂😂. You mean Caitlyn though...cant call her Bruce now😜

Dead naming her. Mods ban please 😀

17 minutes ago, Crete said:

Wasted his career at Arsenal would have been better going to man utd or Liverpool. He could still do a job at Hearts.

Without doubt he could have played for any top European club a very special talent up there with dave mackay and denis law

Willie Hamilton genius
Just now, Hairdryer said:

Without doubt he could have played for any top European club a very special talent up there with dave mackay and denis law

Talented player, no doubt about that, but nowhere near Mackay and Law imo 

SectionDJambo
4 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Remember Alan McInally played for Bayern. Sometimes you get lucky.

He did ok for them though.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Weapons grade *****.

Even after all these years this is still cringe inducing.

Cracking striker in his day but should have went to Liverpool instead of Arsenal in 83.

top-notch-banter.jpg

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I can pretty much guarantee that one of the replacements will be a woman

hey-are-you-okay-you-seem-upset.jpg

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Dead naming her. Mods ban please 😀

Wife watched her on i'm a celeb last year 🤫👀😂

Must be a natural for Talksport....knows nothing about Scottish footbal & can barely string three words together, yet loves the sound of his own voice.

4 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

He is an illiterate buffoon!

Inarticulate too.

Good riddance - well, it would be if I ever watched it :lol:

Maybe see snippets of it half a dozen times a year.

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

hey-are-you-okay-you-seem-upset.jpg

Yeah. I’ve got a real aversion to women panellists/commentators on football shows. I know it’s sexist and stupid. My daughter gives me no end of stick for it, (and rightly so) but there ye go.

For some reason Helen Chamberlain did not bother me.

Re OP I’d rather Katie Price than Shampoo Charlie though

Edited by Jamhammer

Clerry Jambo
1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Yeah. I’ve got a real aversion to women panellists/commentators on football shows. I know it’s sexist and stupid. My daughter gives me no end of stick for it, (and rightly so) but there ye go.

For some reason Helen Chamberlain did not bother me

100% with you hammer 

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, Crete said:

Selling pies ?😏.

Was there not a song about him? It appears he was missing a certain piece of paper. Of course, that was back in the days when these things were considered important. 

He might have been upset by that at the time.

WoolfordsHearts
13 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Selling pies ?😏.

"Pomagne Charlie"is more of a crispy pancake on a roll man.

He stated in the column he, ahem, wrote, a few years back that he has no time for Hearts fans and that they have no time for him.

We rustled his jimmies somewhere along the line.

Heart of Darkness
1 minute ago, Heart of Darkness said:

There was meant to be laughing faces in that post!! 😳

😆😆😆

3 minutes ago, Heart of Darkness said:

😆😆😆

😄

5 minutes ago, Heart of Darkness said:

😆😆😆

:biggrin: 

5 hours ago, Ribble said:

Met him once at a works thing, he was there to talk about teamwork and much to my displeasure he came across far better than he ever does on TV, barely touched on Celtic and talked much more about the teamwork required at international level and things like the tour de france.

Think he portrayed a version of himself so often on TV that he couldn't do/be anything else 

Probably all his own work too

2 hours ago, smiler said:

He stated in the column he, ahem, wrote, a few years back that he has no time for Hearts fans and that they have no time for him.

We rustled his jimmies somewhere along the line.

Yogi rustled them considerably many years ago .

Chased him out his own pub , CINIs , in Glasgow

doctor jambo
13 hours ago, hmfcbilly said:

In todays 'Woke' society that will be a given!

Yet we complain about our own pundits who are pretty much a mirror of the sacked three. I’d celebrate pat bonnar being replaced by shemima begum

11 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Yet we complain about our own pundits who are pretty much a mirror of the sacked three. I’d celebrate pat bonnar being replaced by shemima begum

😁

7 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I believe that is the plan. Micah Richards and Alex Scott, being lined up I believe. 

I can understand moving on from the panel as they would only really be known to people in their 40’s and above. I don’t think they are all that touch in modern football. A move to a more diverse panel makes sense and more in touch with demographics. 

Will be interesting to see who they go for. Hopefully people who are a bit more in touch with the modern game, I like Alex Scott as a presenter albeit her analysis always seems a bit lightweight to me. However, think she would be a very good addition. 

Just as long John Barnes doesn’t turn up in the panel show. He’s ****ing awful. 

Would quite like to see some fresh blood coming in of players recently retired,

I rarely watch soccer saturday these days. Got a bit bored by the same tired humour every week. The bt sport version is pish but I found myself sticking that on more often then not. 

Long overdue a shake up. Be interesting to see who they choose. Micah Richards seems to be getting mentioned in the press. I think he'd be decent. 

Edited by GinRummy

Charlie Nicholas is a ****. He'll get a gig at TalkSport with his pal Jim White doing some 'Scottish football show' which consists purely of Celtic and Rangers chat.

Phil Thomson is getting on a bit I suppose, but Le Tissier was a bit of a surprise. Part of what makes Soccer Saturday so entertaining is the rapport among all the pundits. When you watch it on an international week when it's just lower league games and they have stand ins, it's just not the same.

38 minutes ago, Locky said:

Charlie Nicholas is a ****. He'll get a gig at TalkSport with his pal Jim White doing some 'Scottish football show' which consists purely of Celtic and Rangers chat.

Phil Thomson is getting on a bit I suppose, but Le Tissier was a bit of a surprise. Part of what makes Soccer Saturday so entertaining is the rapport among all the pundits. When you watch it on an international week when it's just lower league games and they have stand ins, it's just not the same.

Did you find the banter had gotten a bit tired after all these years?

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Did you find the banter had gotten a bit tired after all these years?

A bit predictable if nothing else. There was a chemistry with them all though that made it entertaining to watch at times. Be interesting to see who they bring in as replacements but no doubt this is a move to have a bit more diversity. Which is absolutely fine if the replacements are actually capable.