Hillwalking advice.

rael11

Last year I walked a part of the West Highland Way. I parked at Beinglas, got the bus to Tyndrum and walked back. Stayed in a camping pod at Beinglas and enjoyed a couple of pints at the Drovers Inn. Can anyone recommend a route for something similar? Must be doable in a day and have somewhere to eat and drink at the end. Preferably also accommodation like a pod or hut although I’m happy to pitch  my tent.  

A few years back I walked from Corrour to Fort William and stayed in a Bothy that was on the way (Cant remember the name of it). Parked my car at Bridge of Orchy Train Station and go the train to Courrour. Got the train back to Bridge of Orchy from Fort William. it of a faff but its a lovely walk.

I also did similar from Rannoch Station to Kingshouse Hotel at Glencoe getting the train from Bridge of Orchy and the bus from Kinsghouse back. Rannoch moor can be a bit "boggy" but its a good hike. Or you can do that over 2 days. Stay at Kinghouse Hotel (The hotel is now quite expensive but they have a bunkhouse too) then walk back to Bridge of Orchy south on the West Highland Way.

highlandjambo3

The great glen is the fault line between Inverness and fort William (FW) and about 62miles long with Fort Augustus (FA) around about the halfway point so, in a day you could do one or the other half.....FW to FA or FA to Inverness (or the other way around)...35 miles or so with good campsite in FA and a few decent pubs.