Perry Kitchen

Bunny Munro

Ex Captain Kitchen live right now on Sky Sports, if anyone's interested.

LAFC vs Galaxy.

Edited by Bunny Munro

1 minute ago, Madjambo21 said:

Has he passed it forward yet (kidding)

Actually liked Perry 🇺🇸

Playing well.

'Spent a couple of years as captain of Hearts' apparently.

A_A wehatethehibs
5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Good player.

I remember thinking he was pretty dull, just a neat and tidy sideways passer. But now he’s Roy Keane, in comparison with subsequent midfielders. 

Completely forgot he was captain. 

How long did that last? 

Plus, he’s still only 7 years old. So bright future ahead of him. 

Edited by Zen Jambo

Unknown user
5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Good player.

He was a bit of a nothing player for me, good at pointing and little else it seemed.

I was blown away that he ended up teammates with Zlatan!

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I remember thinking he was pretty dull, just a neat and tidy sideways passer. But now he’s Roy Keane, in comparison with subsequent midfielders. 

Roy Keane was gash by the time he turned up at Sellik, as per Joey Barton at Ra Gers. They both grossly overestimated their talents thinking that they'd stroll it with Barton showing himself up as a particularly big-headed plonker given his comments belittling Scottish football and his predictions of how great he would be. If anyone cares to be reminded then this Tom English article is a total hoot. 😂

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37595305

As for Keane? Possibly the most over-hyped arrival ever! Again, here is a reminder of his debut which is also a reminder of why I never bet. 😆

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/10121714/a-look-back-on-that-clyde-win-against-celtic

Nah, for me Perry Kitchen was more like a Neil Lennon type who, as far as I can recall, made an entire career out of dull safe passes although I may be doing him a disservice.

A_A wehatethehibs
26 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Roy Keane was gash by the time he turned up at Sellik, as per Joey Barton at Ra Gers. They both grossly overestimated their talents thinking that they'd stroll it with Barton showing himself up as a particularly big-headed plonker given his comments belittling Scottish football and his predictions of how great he would be. If anyone cares to be reminded then this Tom English article is a total hoot. 😂

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37595305

As for Keane? Possibly the most over-hyped arrival ever! Again, here is a reminder of his debut which is also a reminder of why I never bet. 😆

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/10121714/a-look-back-on-that-clyde-win-against-celtic

Nah, for me Perry Kitchen was more like a Neil Lennon type who, as far as I can recall, made an entire career out of dull safe passes although I may be doing him a disservice.

Who the **** would judge Roy Keane on his 10 games at Celtic when he was 35 😂 the point was that our subsequent midfielders have been so shite they make Kitchen look like a world class midfield general, but you missed it. Whoosh 

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Who the **** would judge Roy Keane on his 10 games at Celtic when he was 35 😂 the point was that our subsequent midfielders have been so shite they make Kitchen look like a world class midfield general, but you missed it. Whoosh 

I would given the OTT hype surrounding his signing, or did you not bother reading that reminder? And, no I didn't miss the point, far from it. I simply made an observation so  Whooshity whoosh whoosh x10³ back. 😂

I liked him before he became captain. After that, he kind of dropped form wise. 

He wasn't skilful or showy, but he did the basics right and helped retain possession. 

I think the difference between him and Haring is pretty glaring in terms of forward passing. PH seems much more willing to get the ball forward. 

been here before

By far the greatest pointer ever seen in a maroon jersey. Never played a ball forward but could point in any direction required and the type of player Olly Lee wishes he was.

Bizarre making him captain though. Anyone hoing to admit to buying one of the tshirts?

He was decent in the odd game, remember a game against hibs where he was really good, seem to go downhill when made captain, loved a point. 

Decent player.

We should have tried to keep him after punting Cathro.

(or if he left before Cathro, we shouldn't have let Cathro punt him)

I liked Perry. Victim of overthought tactics imo.

Couple of times we played him a wee bit further up the par to lead the press and he was great at it. An on form Jamie Walker type to take the ball from him, great...

If we'd had Perry last season, we'd be happier just now I reckon!

Nigh on impossible for his style to work in a league where the majority of the teams you play sit in and don’t attack.  I liked him.

Convinced he was only made club captain so they could print those cringeworthy Captain America t-shirts. 

Shite.

37 minutes ago, been here before said:

By far the greatest pointer ever seen in a maroon jersey. Never played a ball forward but could point in any direction required and the type of player Olly Lee wishes he was.

Bizarre making him captain though. Anyone hoing to admit to buying one of the tshirts?

Nobody will ever top Michael Stewart in the pointing category 

I remember there was a big clamour for him to be made captain at the time. I can't remember if Ozturk had left yet or was just being frozen out. 

The armband turned his form to shit though.

He did well at decensive mid, had his best performance playing attacking mid iirc then got dropped for the next game.

5 hours ago, Zen Jambo said:

Completely forgot he was captain. 

How long did that last? 

Plus, he’s still only 7 years old. So bright future ahead of him. 

For a seven year old to have achieved what Perry has done, that’s incredible. Yet we moan about our academy and let bois like him leave!?

😅

Stevie Fulton used to be a bit of a pointer but normally at someone’s pie in the crowd. ::troll::

At least he’s could play. Terrific passer and playmaker.  Kitchen is your model, manufactured modern midfielder that bores supporters.  No risks, all safe and no determination to drive forward.  As long as his “stats” after 90 mins say he completed so many passes and never lost the ball , he’s happy and fans who live and die by stats.  

2 hours ago, jake said:

Perry kitchen nightmare

PMSL.

I thought he was dross (although all things are relative and he'd probably have walked into the teams of recent years).

My lad, who does actually know his stuff, actually rated him.  I still don't know why. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

51 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

PMSL.

I thought he was dross (although all things are relative and he'd probably have walked into the teams of recent years).

My lad, who does actually know his stuff, actually rated him.  I still don't know why. 

You were right on this occasion.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, jake said:

Perry kitchen nightmare

I still have them, awful. What kind of a mug would make him captain 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🙈😜?

Glamorgan Jambo

According to the last MLS salary report Perry is on 475K USD guaranteed compensation. For comparison Sam Nicholson was on just over 300K and Danny Wilson 540K. In Sam and Danny’s case that’ll include their accommodation and trips back and forth (IRS makes you declare everything)

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Nothing against him, seems a decent bloke. Neat and tidy as others have said but no penetration from him at all. He was the perfect signing for a team whose tactics were determined by how much the opposition could hurt us, rather than how much we could hurt them. 

Harry Potter
3 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Stevie Fulton used to be a bit of a pointer but normally at someone’s pie in the crowd. ::troll::

At least he’s could play. Terrific passer and playmaker.  Kitchen is your model, manufactured modern midfielder that bores supporters.  No risks, all safe and no determination to drive forward.  As long as his “stats” after 90 mins say he completed so many passes and never lost the ball , he’s happy and fans who live and die by stats.  

Liked Stevie, pretty solid player.

He was decent enough at what he did. Problem was there were plenty others that played before and since in that position that just looked like they'd been coached to do no more than they had to so he wasn't any better or worse, just another cog in the Levein philosophy that was generally hopeless. The old "zonal" pish we've been served up in the last few years, no creativity, just.....meh!  When I think of all the players that've came and gone since 2016 he was just another robot who was brought in to be programmed in footballing dullness. He was brought in as Gomis went on loan to Motherwell so, what was the actual point in him? Been as well to have just kept Gomis instead of creating another wage! Kitchen's not the worst player to come in and not the best either. Just more pointless Levein meh!...ness!

Edited by jambonian

Making Kitchen captain is a pretty worrying reminder of Robbie’s inability to judge a footballer.

Alexander, Gomis and the Prince were tried and tested and I’ll give him Sow (just) due to the profit, but the majority of Robbie’s signings eg Anderson, Duada, El Hass, have been more miss than hit.

11 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Making Kitchen captain is a pretty worrying reminder of Robbie’s inability to judge a footballer.

Alexander, Gomis and the Prince were tried and tested and I’ll give him Sow (just) due to the profit, but the majority of Robbie’s signings eg Anderson, Duada, El Hass, have been more miss than hit.

Dauda was decent. 1 goal in 3 in a new league is reasonable and was looking better and better as his time with us went on.

El Has was decent every time he played but was too injury prone. 

Anderson was garbage though, I'll grant you.

Bazzas right boot

Would have been good in the right team and imo was never great, but never poor. A solid performer. 

Scottish fans generally have a problem with players who keep possession and pass it sideways. 

Folk still shout "get it forward". 

B Ferguson used to get pelters for it, yet at his peak could absolutely run any game, even for Scotland he dictated games, even surprised me with his quality Tbh. 

Kitchen was very cautious, but he tackled well and rarely gave away possession, with a midfield of the right make up he'd be an asset. 

Wish the lad luck. 

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Gomis wasn't up to the top league, like pallardo they struggled with the pace. 

Prince become a bit part player and although useful wasn't good enough. 

Not a fan of gk being captains. 

The majority of Robbies signings had us 1st, 3rd then 2nd/3rd- way more hit than miss. 

Tokyo Drifter
18 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

Ex Captain Kitchen live right now on Sky Sports, if anyone's interested.

LAFC vs Galaxy.

El Trafico, as they call it.

50 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Dauda was decent. 1 goal in 3 in a new league is reasonable and was looking better and better as his time with us went on.

El Has was decent every time he played but was too injury prone. 

Anderson was garbage though, I'll grant you.

41 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The majority of Robbies signings had us 1st, 3rd then 2nd/3rd- way more hit than miss. 

All about opinions, I suppose. 👍

7 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Nobody will ever top Michael Stewart in the pointing category 

TBF Naismith loves a point but he can also play a bit

Toxteth O'Grady
11 hours ago, droid said:

Convinced he was only made club captain so they could print those cringeworthy Captain America t-shirts. 

Shite.

Most likely - he had no leadership skills, couldn’t tackle a fish supper and made very little impact. 

5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I agree which is a shame because I thought he was our player of the season in the Championship.

Started his Hearts career Ok but it went downhill rapidly.

Offered nothing in an attacking sense. Just sat and passed it backwards or sideways. If he had sat any deeper in games then he would have been standing behind our goalkeeper.

The whole Captain America thing was so very cringe worthy as well. The final nail in the coffin for me was the 3-1 Scottish Cup replay defeat at Easter Road. He was brutal that night.

5 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Started his Hearts career Ok but it went downhill rapidly.

Offered nothing in an attacking sense. Just sat and passed it backwards or sideways. If he had sat any deeper in games then he would have been standing behind our goalkeeper.

The whole Captain America thing was so very cringe worthy as well. The final nail in the coffin for me was the 3-1 Scottish Cup replay defeat at Easter Road. He was brutal that night.

Everyone was brutal that night iirc. 

19 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Pallardo struggled with the pace in his second season due to the fact he had several issues with his achilles during pre-season training and never really got 100% fit. Like many he was pushed back to soon. His reading of the game was superb as you would expect with someone who had played at that level. He was light years ahead of Kitchen.