Chick Dung

JennytheJambo

TyphoonJambo

If i was God I'd use the wee tits napper for lightning practice. Whiney, sneekitty, rat faced, OF ringlicking clown. 

The one positive out of Scotland not qualifying for world cups and European cups is that chic now doesn’t get all expenses trips to them courtesy of us (BBC licence payers). A total weapon, but typical of the level of football journalism in this country

Edited by HMFC 86

14 hours ago, jambonian said:

Ah....wee Chic! One of those types that loves having his belly tickled by whichever old firm team wants to at the time. Always gave me the impression he would befriend whoever gave him his dinner then look at them all duey-eyed! A loyal old dog who you pat on the head and say "who's a good boy then!?"

I haven't heard much from him in recent times, which is quite nice. His "love" for St Mirren (aye ok pal!) is there only to cover up for how often he can ride whichever old firm leg he can get a hold of at the time (in the interest of showing non-bias you understand). I'm sure that when you become a journalist in Scotland, especially a sports journalist, you sign a pledge that you must talk about Smeltic and Rankgers as often as you can, kiss either arse-cheek or you don't get paid.

Just think of wee Chic as a comedy journalist act (a bit like Alan Partridge as a DJ) whom you can never take serious as nobody else does anyway, including his colleagues.

I think he said once in the past (many years ago) that he used to be a Hearts fan as-well, he remembered someone (like his old man or uncle maybe?) taking him on long journeys to Edinburgh to watch football. I'm sure it was him. Then he started watching St Mirren coz it was his local team. (maybe couldnae afford the bus fare to Parkheid or Ibrox)

Well put, mate.

Nailed it.

How he has has such a long career in broadcasting sums up Scottish football. 

SectionDJambo
15 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

The one positive out of Scotland not qualifying for world cups and European cups is that chic now doesn’t get all expenses trips to them courtesy of us (BBC licence payers). A total weapon, but typical of the level of football journalism in this country

You'd think that this lack of jollies abroad to see Scotland, in tournaments, and Scottish clubs, in Europe before Christmas every year, would jolt nitwit journalists, like Young, into pushing for a change to the way Scottish football is run for the benefit of two clubs. It's glaringly obvious that the people "running" Scottish football are only in it for self gratification and have no vision or plan to try to restore it to, anything like, former standards. 

But no. No real questions asked and a wild celebration of every old firm league title as though they have won a European trophy. Just a bunch of cheerleaders and mouthpieces for Lawwell, Doncaster, Petrie and the rest of the cabal.

Hagar the Horrible

The best thing about Paisley is getting on a plane at their airport,  it just does not matter where to, even war torn Syria is going to look like Gullane. 

You can go five miles in any direction and never leave the scene of the crime

1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

You'd think that this lack of jollies abroad to see Scotland, in tournaments, and Scottish clubs, in Europe before Christmas every year, would jolt nitwit journalists, like Young, into pushing for a change to the way Scottish football is run for the benefit of two clubs. It's glaringly obvious that the people "running" Scottish football are only in it for self gratification and have no vision or plan to try to restore it to, anything like, former standards. 

But no. No real questions asked and a wild celebration of every old firm league title as though they have won a European trophy. Just a bunch of cheerleaders and mouthpieces for Lawwell, Doncaster, Petrie and the rest of the cabal.

Exactly this.

Scottish football journalism is all very comfortable for “journalists” like Chic. Toe the line, write/speak the standard lines, and kick those out of favour, and it’s all very easy.

The SFA/SPFL/Sellik overseers run the show, but with so much of the Scottish football media unable or simply unwilling to seriously criticise, means Scotland will continue its extended time as a footballing backwater.

Edited by HMFC 86