"It's Not All About Hearts!"

Tasavallan

A sneering,  snivelling SFA / SPFL lickspittle. 

His "interviews"  with Doncaster & Maxwell are up there with Goebbels for propaganda. An embarrassment. 

Horatio Caine
3 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

That doesn’t surprise me in the slightest mate, he even looks like one, I wouldn’t be leaving him with the missus for long unattended for sure! 

or a sheep...

What happened to Hearts would never happen to the Glasgow sides. That, to me, makes the game a sham. How can it be anything else?

LarrysRightFoot

I don’t mind us being hated - in fact it’s a positive that we are hated by idiots. 

However, I just wish we were hated because we were successful. 

9 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I don’t mind us being hated - in fact it’s a positive that we are hated by idiots. 

Be patient.  I'm absolutely certain that is ahead of us and in the not too distant future.

21 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I think if can ever get our shit together we could be a serious threat to the Old Firm - and far above any of the rest. 

7 hours ago, Boof said:

On/Off the Ball has run its course, I think. Tired, repetitive and not very funny. I've emailed a couple of times just to let them know my thoughts and that they lost a listener on the back of Cosgrove's "Aye, right" attitude to James Anderson's benefactorial input.

Cosgrove irritates me now.  When I was living abroad, OTB was a way of keeping abreast with Scottish football, but these days Cosgrove's loud-mouth curmudgeonry is starting to go OTT and grinds. Time to replace both with younger models, like those fans from View From The Terrace.  As long as the show stays anti-arse cheeks.

6 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

Cosgrove irritates me now.  When I was living abroad, OTB was a way of keeping abreast with Scottish football, but these days Cosgrove's loud-mouth curmudgeonry is starting to go OTT and grinds. Time to replace both with younger models, like those fans from View From The Terrace.  As long as the show stays anti-arse cheeks.

Some merit in what you are saying, all presenters need to be replaced eventually when your target is a younger audience. Problem with what you’re saying though, is Cowan is actually a funny guy. As likeable as the younger guys you mention are, they just aren’t as as funny.

Cosgrove is a wank, who sums his club up perfectly - Unjustified sense of importance, sold out to the OF, and rapidly losing his audience.

11 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

Some merit in what you are saying, all presenters need to be replaced eventually when your target is a younger audience. Problem with what you’re saying though, is Cowan is actually a funny guy. As likeable as the younger guys you mention are, they just aren’t as as funny.

Cosgrove is a wank, who sums his club up perfectly - Unjustified sense of importance, sold out to the OF, and rapidly losing his audience.

Cosgrove is 67 and has passed his sell by date.  I agree with your comment on Tam Cowan but maybe he is being affected by Cosgrove and may improve with a younger co-presenter.

Cosgrove needs to be put out to graze.

14 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Cosgrove is 67 and has passed his sell by date.  I agree with your comment on Tam Cowan but maybe he is being affected by Cosgrove and may improve with a younger co-presenter.

Yep. Agree with that. Maybe shunt Cosgrove on to some late night Northern Soul show or whatever. Cowan with a younger presenter to bounce off would be infinitely more listenable. 

34 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Two clapped out bores who are as funny as headache. Fits in well with BBC’s idea of entertainment.

22 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

Like most pseudo-intellectuals Cosgrove sense of self-importance has swollen beyond his abilities.  He has gone from someone who quite often had something interesting to say, to an old man whose whoosh should be wheeshed.

They have shelters for old broken down donkeys where he can chew the mud with other blethers.  And he will be able to see Dick Gordon who is the stable boy who does the mucking out - another one who obviously, in that particular job, has also passed beyond his ability.

Bazzas right boot

The only time he's been correct. 

It was also about Partick, Stranraer, cove and Bora all being ****ed over. 

Also about the play offs just getting dismissed. 

Also about refusing an enquiry after the rangers document. 

And about the refusal to put a plan in place should this happen again. 

Also about the spfl and wanting it behind closed doors. 

Unfortunately, your shitty programme is one dimensional and the majority of your panel so thick you couldn't open up the debate and ask more probing questions. 

He's a ****ing turd sandwich. 

Bazzas right boot
On 23/08/2020 at 19:23, Kiwidoug said:

Is his name really Dick or are you all taking the piss?

Richard 

manaliveits105
13 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Two clapped out bores who are as funny as headache. Fits in well with BBC’s idea of entertainment.

River City sums up BBC Scotland as a whole - weegie centric absolute piss waste of licence fees 

grumpyespana
On 23/08/2020 at 16:10, jambonian said:

Richard Gordon is just another cog in the old firm wheel of the laughable product that is Scottish Football. Journalists are supposed to be the ones who get right in the faces of ALL clubs and get media coverage for people that want to know what's going on. It's called doing your job. But in this country they're too busy licking the backsides of the old firm, the most vile clubs in football for what they stand for and their bigoted beliefs. But hey, let's just sweep all that under the carpet and laughingly try to ridicule one of Scottish football's founder clubs. The biggest supported club out-with the old scum as well no matter what the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen think. And don't get me started on some of the other erses that broadcast on that station on a Saturday afternoon. There's Willie Miller who almost sounds like he needs permission to make a point "Hello, it's Willie Miller here!" before he's allowed to ask a question. Neil MCann is also become a bit of an arse, thinks he knows everything about football but couldn't get a crappy side like Dundee to perform. Aye Neil, that's why yir no in a job wee man! Off the Ball and Stuart Cosgrove in the last wee while has become a very bitter individual when it comes to HMFC, was never like that in the past. I blame Tommy Wright who had a chip on his shoulder about Hearts and weasels like Cosgrove took the bait.

They all need to be sacked and a fresh, non-bias and more professional group of individuals brought in. The only one worth listening to is actually Michael Stewart who pulls no punches and likes to thump the old firm boaby-sookers noses just to see them squirm.

And it now seems a certain CL lol.

queensferryjambo
17 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

Yep. Agree with that. Maybe shunt Cosgrove on to some late night Northern Soul show or whatever. Cowan with a younger presenter to bounce off would be infinitely more listenable. 

I used to really like Cosgrove years ago but he became very bitter towards Scottish football.

He changed when Gretna won the title and promotion with the last kick of the ball and left St Johnstone to rot in the Championship longer. He would never stop going on about Gretna's financial doping and how they were cheats. 

Gretna went out the game and then he chose Rangers as his Gretna substitute and then Hearts. The day he tried to read all the names of the creditors out on Sportsound and Graeme Spiers stopped him as he couldn't understand why Cosgrove wanted to waste air time on it. Cosgrove said because he had done it when Rangers went bust he needed to do it for Hearts. Spiers effectively argued over the top of him until he stopped.

Note: Cosgrove also is on record as saying he has a soft spot for Hibs! Anyone who can support 2 clubs in the same league is untrustworthy IMO (Chick Young falls into the same category the Rangers / St Mirren nob). 

Harry Potter
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

The only time he's been correct. 

It was also about Partick, Stranraer, cove and Bora all being ****ed over. 

Also about the play offs just getting dismissed. 

Also about refusing an enquiry after the rangers document. 

And about the refusal to put a plan in place should this happen again. 

Also about the spfl and wanting it behind closed doors. 

Unfortunately, your shitty programme is one dimensional and the majority of your panel so thick you couldn't open up the debate and ask more probing questions. 

He's a ****ing turd sandwich. 

:greatpost:

7 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

I used to really like Cosgrove years ago but he became very bitter towards Scottish football.

He changed when Gretna won the title and promotion with the last kick of the ball and left St Johnstone to rot in the Championship longer. He would never stop going on about Gretna's financial doping and how they were cheats. 

Gretna went out the game and then he chose Rangers as his Gretna substitute and then Hearts. The day he tried to read all the names of the creditors out on Sportsound and Graeme Spiers stopped him as he couldn't understand why Cosgrove wanted to waste air time on it. Cosgrove said because he had done it when Rangers went bust he needed to do it for Hearts. Spiers effectively argued over the top of him until he stopped.

Note: Cosgrove also is on record as saying he has a soft spot for Hibs! Anyone who can support 2 clubs in the same league is untrustworthy IMO (Chick Young falls into the same category the Rangers / St Mirren nob). 

Yep. Agree on every word. 

The man is a deluded, churlish, obtuse fantasist who buys in to shite like clubs having a “mystique” or being “more than just a club” etc. It’s pish basically.

No surprise he’s bought in to the Hibs mythology though. Is he not mates with that other insufferable bore Irvine Welsh? Wannabe casual bellends who see guys like Bradley Welsh and Blance as warrior poets fighting for the working class.

Nice to remind the ***** that his own club have only avoided the inevitable choice between obscurity in the bottom two divisions, or administration and liquidation because they were gifted land to build a new stadium. They didn’t need to spend any of the money from selling their old ground to a supermarket. 

9 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

Yep. Agree on every word. 

The man is a deluded, churlish, obtuse fantasist who buys in to shite like clubs having a “mystique” or being “more than just a club” etc. It’s pish basically.

No surprise he’s bought in to the Hibs mythology though. Is he not mates with that other insufferable bore Irvine Welsh? Wannabe casual bellends who see guys like Bradley Welsh and Blance as warrior poets fighting for the working class.

Nice to remind the ***** that his own club have only avoided the inevitable choice between obscurity in the bottom two divisions, or administration and liquidation because they were gifted land to build a new stadium. They didn’t need to spend any of the money from selling their old ground to a supermarket. 

As I've said talking heads who think they're intellectuals but are way below the required standard.