Any Sympathy for her views?

jake

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Riddley Walker said:

There will be no laws passed in the next 55 years that ensure the release of mass murderers from prison earlier than they should be. 

Imagine a govt signing off the release of Tobin and Sutcliffe and this boy into witness protection...Time to stop digging. 

Your certainty about the next 55 years is bizarre. Many mass murderers have been released  in  the last 55  years.

Already we have human rights and civil liberties being invoked . 

Weakened Offender
2 hours ago, Riddley Walker said:

There will be no laws passed in the next 55 years that ensure the release of mass murderers from prison earlier than they should be. 

Imagine a govt signing off the release of Tobin and Sutcliffe and this boy into witness protection...Time to stop digging. 

Plenty convicted  mass murderers enjoying life outside prison across the Irish Sea. 

Weakened Offender
58 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Your certainty about the next 55 years is bizarre. Many mass murderers have been released  in  the last 55  years.

The Nature v Nurture arguments might look quite different after another 55 years of science too. Massive implications for criminal law there. 

Edited by Weakened Offender

11 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

I hooe you're right, I'd not bet on it is all I'm saying.

Sorry D, but the general public won't let this dirty filthy murderous scummy little ******* oot. Well, I hope they won't. But the world may been taken over by weirdos, like the alphabet crew, quite soon. 

Interestingly, our own scum is having his sentencing hearing this week.  He is the sub-human who murdered 51 people in Christchurch in March a year ago and seriously injured 40 others.

It is anticipated that he will be the first person ever in NZ to be sentenced to life without parole.  

Public sentiment is that there should be no frills in his prison confinement for a single day. No cellphone or anything of the sort.  Basic food, exercise and medical treatment when required

15 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Interestingly, our own scum is having his sentencing hearing this week.  He is the sub-human who murdered 51 people in Christchurch in March a year ago and seriously injured 40 others.

It is anticipated that he will be the first person ever in NZ to be sentenced to life without parole.  

Public sentiment is that there should be no frills in his prison confinement for a single day. No cellphone or anything of the sort.  Basic food, exercise and medical treatment when required

Cellphone!? 

:getout:

Riddley Walker
11 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

You think it's bizarre I don't think life sentences will be abolished in the next 55 years? As that's what you're arguing here. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Riddley Walker said:

You think it's bizarre I don't think life sentences will be abolished in the next 55 years? As that's what you're arguing here. 

No it is not bizarre that you think that. You may be right. But what you said in the post I replied to was that there will be no change in the law in the next 55 years. What I argued was that you can't  say that with certainty. Look at how much the law and society has changed in the last 55 years. Or even in the last few months as far as the public debate and public attitudes on for example race and gender identity goes.

It is easy to predict the arguments, already beginning to surface in the clip in the OP. He was young, what about human rights and civil liberties.

And then he was misled, brainwashed, the victim of a systemically racist and anti-muslim society, the Israelis (armed by us) do worse every week to Palestinians...It is not inconceivable that in 55 years or less these arguments might sway say a Corbynista like government and even more "woke" future generations.

On 22/08/2020 at 13:33, superjack said:

I think 55 years isn't enough for him. I'm not in favour of the death penalty usually but I find it hard to argue against the use of it for this murdering *******.

Don't worry he'll never be released. I'm sure there is a clause in the bail conditions preventing automatic parole at the end of its term.

Riddley Walker
5 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

No it is not bizarre that you think that. You may be right. But what you said in the post I replied to was that there will be no change in the law in the next 55 years. What I argued was that you can't  say that with certainty. Look at how much the law and society has changed in the last 55 years. Or even in the last few months as far as the public debate and public attitudes on for example race and gender identity goes.

It is easy to predict the arguments, already beginning to surface in the clip in the OP. He was young, what about human rights and civil liberties.

And then he was misled, brainwashed, the victim of a systemically racist and anti-muslim society, the Israelis (armed by us) do worse every week to Palestinians...It is not inconceivable that in 55 years or less these arguments might sway say a Corbynista like government and even more "woke" future generations.

I suppose if we're going to be overly pedantic about it, yes you're right. Anything could happen. 

However, there is absolutely zero political or public will to shorten tariffs for murder (mass or singular) and, in my opinion, there is no way that will change. If anything it will go the other way due to the UKs relatively lenient sentencings. And even if a new law did come into force I doubt it would affect those already in prison. 

On 22/08/2020 at 16:29, Riddley Walker said:

76 before he's due for parole. Way worse than a death sentence. 

Stuck in a prison waiting for someone to attack him on a daily basis, eventually he will have a major life changing illness (if another prisoner doesn’t damage him first... or kill him). That’s a punishment.

Life sentence is a mental and physical punishment IMO. Some folks talk about corporal punishment but that’s a quick solution... the prison sentence is arguably not putting a sick animal down making it suffer. 

Am I the only one that thinks this way and in some ways prefer that suffering to be applied to him for life?