Top Posters In This Topic

• Homme

• hueyview

• Statto

• tian447

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Catijohn said:

How many participants we have in League?

The prize pool is going all to the first?

Think there is 60+ involved. 

Prize pool will be split between top 5 as always.

I've not whittled down the league yet. There are some scam teams in that need removed and a few still to pay. Once that's been done I can announce prize pot and prizes per position.

15 hours ago, Homme said:

Think there is 60+ involved. 

Prize pool will be split between top 5 as always.

I've not whittled down the league yet. There are some scam teams in that need removed and a few still to pay. Once that's been done I can announce prize pot and prizes per position.

Money sent. :) apologies for delay.

On 22/09/2020 at 21:21, Homme said:

Week 1 shite.

Wholesale changes

Week 2 shite

Ditto...   Only one for this week... Dubroyne for sterling....  Which will prove the better...

6 minutes ago, CJL said:

Giving it another go.

Thats my £5 sent from Mugsys Nightmares

Cheers for organising again.

Got it mate, thanks a lot. 

Managed 52 points in a low-scoring gameweek, happy with that. Inside the top 190k, I think this is my best start to any season.

I'm going to make 2 transfers this week, I'm bringing Jimenez in for Werner, I don't think Werner is a bad option but they're missing Pulisic and Ziyech who offer a lot of creativity from midfield and I think Jimenez, with Fulham, Leeds and Newcastle in his next 3 will outscore Werner against Palace, Southampton and Man U. Jimenez is also on penalties and I think Werner will be 2nd choice at Chelsea if Jorginho is playing.

I'm also bringing in Salah for Son, Son is injured and Salah has looked good this season.

If I didn't already have de Bruyne and Foden, I'd be considering Mahrez. With Aguero and Jesus out, he will get more minutes and he has a very good scoring record when starting.

That's otamendi from city gone.. maybe Mahrez in as straight transfer..

The other choice is still dubroyne or sterling... Will leave that until last minute...

McGlynn The Money

Good to see big Emmanuel Asimeng from Ghana at the top of the fantasy league.

Absolutely lives and breathes the Jambos so he does that boy.

Having a mare this season. 

Timo Werner can GTF. 4 goals for Chelsea today, and he wasn't involved in any of them. 

McGlynn The Money
On 29/09/2020 at 20:44, Statto said:

Managed 52 points in a low-scoring gameweek, happy with that. Inside the top 190k, I think this is my best start to any season.

I'm going to make 2 transfers this week, I'm bringing Jimenez in for Werner, I don't think Werner is a bad option but they're missing Pulisic and Ziyech who offer a lot of creativity from midfield and I think Jimenez, with Fulham, Leeds and Newcastle in his next 3 will outscore Werner against Palace, Southampton and Man U. Jimenez is also on penalties and I think Werner will be 2nd choice at Chelsea if Jorginho is playing.

I'm also bringing in Salah for Son, Son is injured and Salah has looked good this season.

If I didn't already have de Bruyne and Foden, I'd be considering Mahrez. With Aguero and Jesus out, he will get more minutes and he has a very good scoring record when starting.

Strange one with Son. Jose made out he was going to be out for months but then he rattles in a brace today. Not to mention a ****ing assist and maximum ****ing bonus points **** sake ****ing *****.

dropped two chelsea players to the bench. they scored 25 points between them :vrface:

luckily i got about half the points back due to a forced substitution as lacazette didn`t play.

39 points this weekend. I was confident with the double Liverpool defence v Villa, scored -2 between them. The 'injured' Son to Salah didn't pay off despite a Salah brace.

Dire weekend... Clinging on to first page by fingernails...  However a cunning plan for this week 🤔

McGlynn The Money
11 hours ago, Statto said:

39 points this weekend. I was confident with the double Liverpool defence v Villa, scored -2 between them. The 'injured' Son to Salah didn't pay off despite a Salah brace.

35 really once you take off the 4 point hit.

• 5 weeks later...

I was considering playing my wildcard this week but feel I can get away with making a couple of transfers. I've only had 1 gameweek rank of inside the top 1.5m this season, double Liverpool defence was taking up a big part of my budget and returning very little.

I've sold Alexander-Arnold and Jimenez and brought in Chilwell and Kane. I've currently got the exact money to switch Son to De Bruyne but I won't be taking Son out before West Brom away.

If I was wildcarding, I think there is only four more players I'd want to take out. Antonio is a player I'd want to bring in but he's currently injured so that's another reason to hold off on playing the w/c.

Foden to Jota could be a decent shout if Jota looks to be starting games for Liverpool.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi all,

As you all will be aware we have just finished up the final matchday - i'd imagine all of you who are up there might know already how you've done but of course we will wait until the website officially updates etc and then i'll confirm.

I spent Friday morning removing a lot of spam teams from the league who somehow ended up joining after my initial sweep (my fault - I didn't close league to new entries). I also checked my spreadsheet / paypal / bank payments and identified 6 teams who i did not receive entry fees from. In the interest of fairness to the winners and to maximise the pot for them i have contacted said team owners and await payment. I will give them a chance to make payment but if not they will not be permitted to join next years league. I will not wait forever though and prize money will be awarded this week to our top 5. 

I'll post again when the website updates. Cheers all.

18 minutes ago, Vansen said:

Cheers for running it (much appreciated). Although I did have an absolute shocker this season ☹ 😁

Me too. Plodded along mid table until about Feb then forgot to do it three weeks in a row. Fell off a cliff after that!

Morning all. The website has been updated and the final results are in. Prizes are awarded to the top 5 points scorers and they are as follows:-

1st - Stephen Anderson / Coppi XI

2nd - Gavin Hume / Jumbo Soldiers

3rd - Kevin Wood / Alleviate the Tedium

4th - Ross Anderson / Follow the Hearts

5th - Dominic Jervis - Doms Superstars

Congratulations to you all! It's no mean feat competing in what is a difficult competition over the course of a full season! We also had a good few people just outside the prizes but had interest right up until the final day of the season - so props to you all too.

As i previously mentioned I am trying to chase up a handful of payments to confirm prize money but can i ask the above named players to contact me with their preferred method of payment and confirm any details i need to make it - i don't want to assume details remain the same from almost a year ago. Prizes will be distributed this week.

Thanks to everyone who entered and i hope you enjoyed taking part. Keep your eyes peeled for the 21/22 season and if anyone wants to do a Euro 2021 competition feel free :lol:

Edited by Homme

Hi all, couple of gentle reminders (well the first one isn't gentle!)

1. Still looking for 3 payments. I've PM'd you with details on how to send.

2. A couple of prize winners have got in touch but 3 have not. If you haven't i need you to confirm how I send your money.

Prize money will be distributed tomorrow regardless, its unfair to those who have won to be waiting!

Next season i will provide the league code upon payment, which will prevent this from happening again.

I've sent some prizes out. 

Still need 3rd and 4th place to confirm how they want it sent.

Congratulations to those securing top places and thanks for running an enjoyable competition.  My squad collapsed in November and I left myself too many players to replace from then on but look forward to having a more positive position this year coming. Thanks again....

3 hours ago, Homme said:

I've sent some prizes out. 

Still need 3rd and 4th place to confirm how they want it sent.

I spoke to them on the phone.  They want it sent to my account :whistling:

Scammer-on-the-phone.png